frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is Yeshua who is called Jesus by many the most controversial Person in human history?

Debate Information

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+3&version=KJV You must be spiritually born again.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jesus is claiming to be the only Way to salvation, and He is the very definition of the Truth and the life. Who but GOD is worthy to claim this? There's more: 
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
This and other versus claim that Jesus is GOD Almighty. What will you say then? Who will you cast you vote for most contraversial Person in human history? I am not trying to disrespect Him. NO! Rather, I am trying to say Jesus has the legal right in His court of Law to fill this position as the most contraversial Person (in a good way) to ever grace humanity. On the cross, Jesus struggled to say "tetellistai" the Greek word used to indicate that a debt has been paid in full. If you need more evidence, just let me know.

1. Live Poll

Is Yeshua who many call Jesus the most controversial Person in human history?

4 votes
    1. Yes.
      50.00%
    2. No.
      50.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+3&version=KJV You must be spiritually born again.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    Jesus is claiming to be the only Way to salvation, and He is the very definition of the Truth and the life. Who but GOD is worthy to claim this? There's more: 
    John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
    This and other versus claim that Jesus is GOD Almighty. What will you say then? Who will you cast you vote for most contraversial Person in human history? I am not trying to disrespect Him. NO! Rather, I am trying to say Jesus has the legal right in His court of Law to fill this position as the most contraversial Person (in a good way) to ever grace humanity. On the cross, Jesus struggled to say "tetellistai" the Greek word used to indicate that a debt has been paid in full. If you need more evidence, just let me know.

@YeshuaBought ; John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and said: "Jesus is claiming to be the only Way to salvation, and He is the very definition of the Truth and the life. Who but GOD is worthy to claim this?"

Read it again, .. then ask yourself: "Who claimed to be the only Way? Did God ever say: "I am the way to God"??" The son is the Way TO God, not God.

Next you quote and say: John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
    This and other versus claim that Jesus is GOD Almighty.

So now you're saying Jesus is also the Father?
    WHERE, where from the entire Bible do you see Jesus claiming to be God Almighty? Look at John 3:16, .. Why do you insist on worshipping the RCC-Christian Religions trinity-gods? Or more specifically, why do you and other Bible believers choose the Christian Religion gods over the One True and only God mentioned in the Bible? What does God have to do more than what He has already done for us; "sending His only begotten son to die on the cross for us all" to show how much our Heavenly Fathers loves us!?

John 1:9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.   (neither do they know him or accept him Now)

11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

According to the original creators of the Christian Religion, if anyone does not accept the three-gods-in-one gods, and refuse to worship the December 25 Jesus, you are NOT a Christian. Look up history of the Christian Religion.
    But now, the Pope has called all "protestors" to come home, and millions have already joined back into the fold of the evil one, where he devours them one by one.

Now Satan can honestly say: "See Lord, I did become like the Most High! Look at the world bow before me, and accept my version of creation, my Globe earth, my universe, my planets, and even accept that they are evolving apes, the image I made them in! Ha, .. ha, .. ha!"
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Jesus is not the Father, please don't strawman me.
    Evidence said:

@YeshuaBought ; John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and said: "Jesus is claiming to be the only Way to salvation, and He is the very definition of the Truth and the life. Who but GOD is worthy to claim this?"

Read it again, .. then ask yourself: "Who claimed to be the only Way? Did God ever say: "I am the way to God"??" The son is the Way TO God, not God.

Next you quote and say: John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

WHERE, where from the entire Bible do you see Jesus claiming to be God Almighty? Look at John 3:16, .. Why do you insist on worshipping the RCC-Christian Religions trinity-gods? Or more specifically, why do you and other Bible believers choose the Christian Religion gods over the One True and only God mentioned in the Bible? What does God have to do more than what He has already done for us; "sending His only begotten son to die on the cross for us all" to show how much our Heavenly Fathers loves us!?

John 1:9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.   (neither do they know him or accept him Now)

11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

According to the original creators of the Christian Religion, if anyone does not accept the three-gods-in-one gods, and refuse to worship the December 25 Jesus, you are NOT a Christian. Look up history of the Christian Religion.
    But now, the Pope has called all "protestors" to come home, and millions have already joined back into the fold of the evil one, where he devours them one by one.

Now Satan can honestly say: "See Lord, I did become like the Most High! Look at the world bow before me, and accept my version of creation, my Globe earth, my universe, my planets, and even accept that they are evolving apes, the image I made them in! Ha, .. ha, .. ha!"
    As a Christian, I believe God is Triune. I can provide evidence if you want. There is one God eternally existant in 3 Persons.
    Evidence said:

As a Christian, I believe God is Triune. I can provide evidence if you want. There is one God eternally existant in 3 Persons.

@YeshuaLovesYou ; Oh how I wish the Lord would open your eyes to what the creators of the Christian Religion are making you say, things like: "There is one God eternally existent in 3 Persons."   It goes against the very nature of God, and His creation 'man'. Where on Gods Flat Earth did you ever identify anyONE as; three individuals with free will? Where, .. please show me?

But I will show you who this plural person, this one-but-many entity is:

Mark 5:1 Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the [a]Gadarenes. 2 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind [b]him, not even with chains, 4 because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones.

6 When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. 7 And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore[c] You by God that You do not torment me.”

8 For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!” 9 Then He asked him, “What is your name?” (singular) And he answered, saying, “My name is Legion (again singular); for we are many.” (plural) 

We must be careful who we associate Our One, and Only Possible Infinite and Eternal Creator God with!

If the son is God, then he is Father also. And if you're going to use Jesus as God, then please add the "Angel of Fire" that appeared to Moses to the Trinity also:

Exodus 3:1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”

4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

Or how about Moses?
    Exodus 7:1 So the Lord said to Moses: “See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet." .. that's five right there.

Before you throw verses at me, read the whole chapter that verse is in. Like when Jesus said: "Before Abraham, I am" does not mean he is Infinite God "I Am". I can say: "before my son Gabe, I am" doesn't make me one of the Christian gods, this "one but many" god.

God bless you, and remember that "you were bought with a precious price", so don't let some Religion created doctrine take that away from you!
    @YeshuaLovesYou

Please hear me out, but first, this video is not Messianic secrets of the Bible, for God keeps no secrets about Himself and about our salvation, but what this is, is  Masonic secrets of the Christian Religion.
    Yes, to be a True Christian, you MUST accept the man made, or Pope made Trinity Doctrine, just look up the History of the "Christian Church" and see how many people have been tortured, burnt alive, murdered throughout Europe and the World of those who would not accept the Trinity-gods.

Time 0:0 -1:06 "The three persons of God", where is the Scripture to back this up? All I see is a CGI water cartoon. Show me where God is represented by water in the entire Bible? But the son Word aka Jesus IS represented by bread and wine.

time 1:13 "just like water don't stop being water when separated, and can exist in three drops/parts" Again, lacking Scripture reference to: dividing God into three parts.

Now it's true that "God can exist in three parts/individuals, and be still One God" and that is what Jesus, and through his Apostles came to teach us: "Don't yea know that you are the temple of God, and that God lives in you!?" But this does not make God 7 billion.

time 1:34 ".. just like (3 drops of water) can retain to be water even if it's separated into 3 parts, so too, God can exist in 3-parts and still be one God in three persons."
    again, no Bible reference to God "Declaring to be three persons", wouldn't that be an important knowledge about who God is? 

time 1:48 reveals the truth about this doctrine, Satan always does, all we have to do is look for it. Here he says; "and for those of you who still don't understand, just imagine that God exists, as three identical PUZZLE pieces, that fit together as one-god!" - Now you can see the truth behind the Trinity-gods, because throughout the Christian history, this Trinity doctrine remains the most puzzling, hands down.

Then it goes into John 1:1- and takes it out of context to fit with his Trinity-gods. In Genesis where God says: "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, well  John 1:1 - explains perfectly who God was talking to:

In the beginning was the Word, John 1:1-

• Infinite has no beginning nor end, so this is about “a” beginning “with” God, not a beginning “of” God

• who is the “Word”? God's Only Begotten Son

and the Word was with God,

• just as Eve was with Adam

and the Word was God.

• just as “Eve was Adam” (do you now begin to see the "image" God created man and woman in?)

2 He was in the beginning with God.

• God has no beginning nor end, but the son Word is both the beginning AND the end of all creation (mirror

• He the Word was in the beginning of all creation with God, just as in the beginning of populating the earth, Eve was with Adam.

3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

• God manifested, or beget himself a Heavenly son in His true image whom He named Word, and called him his Son, the only begotten son of God through whom God created all things, the Son being the first of all His creations.

Colossians 1:16

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through him and for him.

John 1:10

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

Put away all idols and Religious doctrines made by man, and come back to "the Way, the Truth and the Life".