frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Introverts Or Extrovert

Debate Information

which do you think is better introverts or extroverts
  1. Live Poll

Introvert Or Extrovert

2 votes
    1. Introvert
      50.00%
    2. Extrovert
      50.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    "better" in what context? Extroverts are better communicators, for example.
  • cheesycheesecheesycheese 79 Pts   -  
    I mean preffered
  • I’m in the middle. I could honestly be friends with either as long as I like their other personality traits.
    cheesycheesePolaris95Zombieguy1987
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    I still do not understand. "Prefered" in what context? I would prefer for an extrovert to handle a salesman job, for example. And when I think about it... I would not specifically prefer an introvert to do anything. Everything introverts achieve, extroverts can as well. Being an introvert means not being interested enough in communicating with other people. What benefits can that have? 
    AlexOland said:
    I still do not understand. "Prefered" in what context? I would prefer for an extrovert to handle a salesman job, for example. And when I think about it... I would not specifically prefer an introvert to do anything. Everything introverts achieve, extroverts can as well. Being an introvert means not being interested enough in communicating with other people. What benefits can that have? 
    Thats because introverts don’t parade their achievements around like extroverts do introverts make beter leaders because they don’t trust their own ideas and listen to the public think about it who would be better at writing a book an extrovert who can’t stand being alone or an introvert and besides it’s smalltalk that introverts hate in fact extrovert salesmen can be worse than introvert salesman because people feel forced to buy the product with an extrovert salesman while introverted salesmen give a choice 
    @cheesycheese It seems like you are letting your emotions affect the way you think. 
    "introverts don’t parade their achievements around like extroverts do"
     You are assuming that every extrovert does this, which is incorrect. Most of the people I know actually don't like to brag about their successes.

"introverts make beter leaders because they don’t trust their own ideas and listen to the public"
     Again, assuming that extroverts only value their own ideas, which is false.

"think about it who would be better at writing a book"
     Introverts would be better at writing a book about being an introvert and that's it. If introverts tried to write a book that involves more characters than one, they would struggle. Extroverts have an advantage, they know more people. So we can say that extroverts can think of more believable characters.

"extrovert salesmen can be worse than introvert salesman because people feel forced to buy the product"
     And again, you are assuming that every extrovert is the over-doing type. Salesman people, whose job is to talk to customers, should be those that have good communication skills. Extroverts have good communication skills, introverts do (usually) not. Even if we assume that we have some special brand introvert that can easily talk to people but chooses not to, he would not like being a salesman and this would affect his performance at work.

I am no psychologist, but I can tell you this: You are letting your emotions get in the way. I know, that because you are an introvert, everyone around you seems like an antagonist to you. You probably feel like all extroverts are idiots and that you are the smart one beside them. All of these thoughts, of course, stems from hate. Which will hold you back all your life unless you learn to let go of it. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Extroverts are better at communicating their thoughts with others. Introverts are better at communicating their thoughts with themselves. Both approaches can be effective or detrimental, depending on the circumstances. Extroverts make for better leaders, they tend to be more willing to take risks and to act on what they believe in. Introverts tend to have deeper ideas and think their actions through.

I would say that being an introvert is better when it comes to planning and long-term thinking, while extroverts are better at immediate action and short-term thinking. It does not mean that the average introvert is going to be more successful long-term than the average extravert, but rather, I would say, it means that the introvert's life will develop more alongside their plans, while the extravert's life is going to be more chaotic and unpredictable.

I tend to be a mix of both. Sometimes I feel like interacting with people and sharing my thoughts with them; other times I need a lot of time to myself. In the end, I feel like how I act comes more from my inner world than from my surroundings, but I am not oblivious to what is happening around me and can often use it to my advantage.

Following the Dungeons&Dragons behavioral classification, I tend to see myself as "Chaotic Good". I do not like predictability in life and I value individual freedoms above everything else - but I am not willing to trespass on other people's freedoms in order to exercise mine.
    Zombieguy1987
    AlexOland said:
    @cheesycheese It seems like you are letting your emotions affect the way you think. 
     You are assuming that every extrovert does this, which is incorrect. Most of the people I know actually don't like to brag about their successes.

"introverts make beter leaders because they don’t trust their own ideas and listen to the public"

Introverts would be better at writing a book about being an introvert and that's it. If introverts tried to write a book that involves more characters than one, they would struggle. Extroverts have an advantage, they know more people. So we can say that extroverts can think of more believable characters.

"extrovert salesmen can be worse than introvert salesman because people feel forced to buy the product"
     And again, you are assuming that every extrovert is the over-doing type. Salesman people, whose job is to talk to customers, should be those that have good communication skills. Extroverts have good communication skills, introverts do (usually) not. Even if we assume that we have some special brand introvert that can easily talk to people but chooses not to, he would not like being a salesman and this would affect his performance at work.

I am no psychologist, but I can tell you this: You are letting your emotions get in the way. I know, that because you are an introvert, everyone around you seems like an antagonist to you. You probably feel like all extroverts are idiots and that you are the smart one beside them. All of these thoughts, of course, stems from hate. Which will hold you back all your life unless you learn to let go of it. 
    You are being hypocritical you claim that i’m stereotyping but you yourself claim that introverts aren’t empathetic which is false
    @cheesycheese This isn't about empathy. If you know more people, you have an advantage about writing different characters. Simple fact. 
    @AlexOland
    Introverts are creative so the characters are much more interesting then in real life extroverts aren’t as creative so the characters are more based on real life which is more boring than many books
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I am a belly dancer, so that means I am extroverted.
    @cheesycheese Introverts are not more creative than extroverts. That is a myth.

A character needs to be believable. We would not want to read the same guy talking to himself. The writer should know about many people and the way they think or act.
    @AlexOland ever heard of JK Rowling the author of Harry Potter she was introverted
    https://medium.com/@Favournella/10-habits-of-successful-introverts-5f1666bce7b9
    MayCaesar said:
    Extroverts are better at communicating their thoughts with others. Introverts are better at communicating their thoughts with themselves. Both approaches can be effective or detrimental, depending on the circumstances. Extroverts make for better leaders, they tend to be more willing to take risks and to act on what they believe in. Introverts tend to have deeper ideas and think their actions through.

I would say that being an introvert is better when it comes to planning and long-term thinking, while extroverts are better at immediate action and short-term thinking. It does not mean that the average introvert is going to be more successful long-term than the average extravert, but rather, I would say, it means that the introvert's life will develop more alongside their plans, while the extravert's life is going to be more chaotic and unpredictable.

I tend to be a mix of both. Sometimes I feel like interacting with people and sharing my thoughts with them; other times I need a lot of time to myself. In the end, I feel like how I act comes more from my inner world than from my surroundings, but I am not oblivious to what is happening around me and can often use it to my advantage.

Following the Dungeons&Dragons behavioral classification, I tend to see myself as "Chaotic Good". I do not like predictability in life and I value individual freedoms above everything else - but I am not willing to trespass on other people's freedoms in order to exercise mine.
    Introverts tend to make better leaders because they believe logic and not emotion introverts are less social so emotion is less effective in convincing them
    AlexOland said:

At best a psychologist would say you are wrong at worst they would say you are insulting you believe the myth that introverts don’t like people that is false you can’t just make such a large assumption based on very little evidence befriend an introvert and continue to talk to them until they become comfortable around you you will most likely think highly of them not because of their charm but because they are usually more loyal than extroverts because they don’t have so many friends to balance time between
    @cheesycheese It's been a long time since I wrote that but let me continue. You are ignoring all of my other arguments and just replying to my last statement? Okay.

"you believe the myth that introverts don’t like people"
     This is not a myth in your case. You have shown that you have biased opinions towards extroverts several times by now. The reason for this is, most likely, your own experience with extroverts. 

"they are usually more loyal than extroverts" look! You did it again. You have shown that you do not like and think badly of extroverts. Introverts are not more loyal than extroverts. These traits have nothing to do with loyality. 

You need to stop being stubborn and admit some truths to yourself. I am saying these things because I was in a similar situation when I was in high school and I understand you completely. You need to stop looking down on people just because they are more outgoing.
    @cheesycheese ;

No, introverts do not make for better leaders. There is a world of difference between having oh-so-deep thoughts in your head - and being able to lead other people who depend emotionally on your leadership.

And introverts do often get bitter and jealous of those who interact with people easier than them. So they start coming up with ideas of introverts' supremacy to somehow cope with those feelings. They are also more likely to defend various authoritarian ideas, as you do, because they are more comfortable in a restricted environment, where extroverts do not have as much of an advantage, as they do in free liberal systems. These are not exactly the qualities of a leader.

Lastly, from my experience, most "introverts" are not really introverts; rather, they have some form of social anxiety. They are afraid of interacting with people, so they make themselves accept the idea that they just are not interested in interacting with them - while secretly they wish they would be like Jim Carrey, bossing around and having everyone look up to them.

There are genuine introverts out there; I could count myself among them, as I have no trouble interacting with people, but I am also a very individualistic person, preferring to travel around on my own or do other individual activities. Most calling themselves introverts, however, are simply suppressed extroverts. Humans by nature are social creatures, and there are very few of us who defy our nature in this regard.
    cheesycheese
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    I think you're all misinterpreting the point. It doesn't establish over "introverts are better at this or extroverts are better at this." You can't define a group of people as a whole since humans are an intricate species with different diverse capabilities. You can label yourself as an introvert/extrovert. However, all of your attributes won't perfectly correspond with the supposed definition you look up online or hear from another person. Therefore, you create your "own" definition of an introvert/extrovert in your mind, matching up to your paradigms of introvert/extrovert behavior. My argument is merely stating that everyone has their definition of what an "introvert/extrovert" is. If one's definition doesn't commensurate to yours, neither one of you is incorrect, since they are both abstract concepts with no ingenuous description.
    AlexOland said:
    @cheesycheese It's been a long time since I wrote that but let me continue. You are ignoring all of my other arguments and just replying to my last statement? Okay.

This is not a myth in your case. You have shown that you have biased opinions towards extroverts several times by now. The reason for this is, most likely, your own experience with extroverts. 

"they are usually more loyal than extroverts" look! You did it again. You have shown that you do not like and think badly of extroverts. Introverts are not more loyal than extroverts. These traits have nothing to do with loyality. 

You need to stop being stubborn and admit some truths to yourself. I am saying these things because I was in a similar situation when I was in high school and I understand you completely. You need to stop looking down on people just because they are more outgoing.
    You know why introverts sometimes don’t like extroverts because extroverts make assumptions about them we don’t look down on you for being more outgoing we look down on you for your idea that you understand introverts perfectly when really we show very little of our emotions to others
    AlexOland said:

you constantly claim that introverts are inferior then you get mad at me for claiming that extroverts are inferior
    @Oppolzer
    actually the psychological definition for an introvert or extrovert is that an introvert gains energy from being alone and extroverts gain energy from being with others
    AlexOland said:

this is not a case of wether I am better than extroverts I am just saying that extroverts are wrong to look down upon introverts
  • Honestly, we can't say who is the best. Actually, both are the best if performing their jobs in a good manner. However, as an introvert, I have many reasons why I'd like to be an introvert. 
    • Introverts are critical thinkers, innovative, problem solver and more focused.
    • Introverts are good listeners especially in the world of a hurry where no one wants to listen to the verdict of the next person.
    • Introverts don't like to depend on anyone in life and like to live an independent life. 
    • Don't speak too much but always have worthy words.  
    cheesycheese
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    @cheesycheese

I understand that, and that may be the universally accepted definition of an introvert/extrovert. Although, that label of “introvert or extrovert” doesn’t define someone completely. The idea that people are differentiated by a label of “introvert/extrovert” seems disingenuous. Every human being is different from one another.
    AlexOland said:
    @cheesycheese Introverts are not more creative than extroverts. That is a myth.

A character needs to be believable. We would not want to read the same guy talking to himself. The writer should know about many people and the way they think or act.
    actually it is not a myth introverts are more creative however extroverts don't see the value in that
    @cheesycheese It is a myth. If it isn't, prove it. Show me something that proves that introverts are more creative than extroverts. (Single examples are not "proof")

Extroverts do not look down upon introverts. There are those who do, yes. But there are introverts who look down upon extroverts as well. So this does not prove anything.

By the way, I do not just claim that introverts are inferior. I explain the logic behind it. Introverts would not be comfortable around people, so extroverts would make a better salesmen. This is not very complicated to understand.
  • AndrejAndrej 18 Pts   -  
    An ambivert is a sort of in-between between the two, so that should probably be considered.

https://introvertdear.com/ambivert-meaning-definition/ ;

We must also note additionally that whether introverts or extroverts are "better" depends on personal experience and opinion. I know many on both ends of the spectra yet many could be considered in between. I may find introverts as better friends, yet a fellow debater may say that extroverts are better friends, as an example. Alas this is perhaps more of a poll-based debate, so generally there is no right or wrong in my eyes.
    AlexOland said:
    @cheesycheese It is a myth. If it isn't, prove it. Show me something that proves that introverts are more creative than extroverts. (Single examples are not "proof")

Extroverts do not look down upon introverts. There are those who do, yes. But there are introverts who look down upon extroverts as well. So this does not prove anything.

By the way, I do not just claim that introverts are inferior. I explain the logic behind it. Introverts would not be comfortable around people, so extroverts would make a better salesmen. This is not very complicated to understand.
    Introverts are not uncomfortable around people, they are uncomfortable around large groups of people. Sales are usually between small groups. Why can you just not accept that introverts have their strengths. You are clearly too proud to admit that introverts can be better in some areas. With little time to direct to social events introverts think more and create original ideas.
    @cheesycheese

You are confusing being introverted with having social anxiety. There is nothing that makes introverts being uncomfortable around large groups of people. What an introvert may be uncomfortable with is talking for a long time, hanging out with people for a long time, etc.: an introvert prefers to spend a lot of time digging inside his/her inner world. But the number of people around has nothing to do with it.

Many people with social anxiety try to comfort themselves by calling themselves introverts - but these are different concepts. I know it well, as I used to have social anxiety in my late teens, and as I have a pretty strong introverted part of my character. Social anxiety is a condition, a mini-illness, you might say; introversion, however, is an integral part of the character.

I am more introvert than extrovert; and I do not mind large groups of people. However, I do need quite a bit of time for myself. I need some privacy. I can have fun with a large group of people for a couple of hours with no problem, and I am not uncomfortable by any means - however, I get tired from all the interaction, and then I need some time alone to recharge my energy, so to speak.
    It is very different from social anxiety, when you actually are uncomfortable around people. Not wanting to be around people much, and being uncomfortable around people, are very different things.
    MayCaesar said:
    @cheesycheese

You are confusing being introverted with having social anxiety. There is nothing that makes introverts being uncomfortable around large groups of people. What an introvert may be uncomfortable with is talking for a long time, hanging out with people for a long time, etc.: an introvert prefers to spend a lot of time digging inside his/her inner world. But the number of people around has nothing to do with it.

Many people with social anxiety try to comfort themselves by calling themselves introverts - but these are different concepts. I know it well, as I used to have social anxiety in my late teens, and as I have a pretty strong introverted part of my character. Social anxiety is a condition, a mini-illness, you might say; introversion, however, is an integral part of the character.

I am more introvert than extrovert; and I do not mind large groups of people. However, I do need quite a bit of time for myself. I need some privacy. I can have fun with a large group of people for a couple of hours with no problem, and I am not uncomfortable by any means - however, I get tired from all the interaction, and then I need some time alone to recharge my energy, so to speak.
    It is very different from social anxiety, when you actually are uncomfortable around people. Not wanting to be around people much, and being uncomfortable around people, are very different things.
    No, people with social anxiety are terrified that people will think badly of them, Introverts get drained from meeting new people and people feel uncomfortable while exhausted.