frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Religion is similar to eco-chambers

Debate Information

Eco-Chambers are places where people intentionally want to only opinions similar (or exactly) to theirs. Like a Liberal convention, where liberals will only want to hear opinions that match their own

Religion is no different. Religious worshipping places, for example, are where religious will only accept opinions about their religion, and negative opinions, they cannot handle  

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    And the internet maybe hasn't in a sense become an eco chamber where some of the anti religious come to express their atheist points of view? 

How many Atheist websites are there on the internet? 

How many Atheists books are available for sale on some internet book selling websites? 

Does the above answer some of the below points of view? 

Eco-Chambers are places where people intentionally want to only opinions similar (or exactly) to theirs. Like a Liberal convention, where liberals will only want to hear opinions that match their own

Religion is no different. Religious worshipping places, for example, are where religious will only accept opinions about their religion, and negative opinions, they cannot handle.

Wowsil, or Willows is an anti religious teacher.

SemiSteve is another anti religious teacher.

Idheinz is another anti religious teacher.

dee-em is another anti religious teacher.

Flyboyutah is another anti religious teacher.

Along with some of the anti religious teachers.
    Zombieguy1987
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987
    It depends on the reason for the chamber. For example, if I am trying to make a recording, it is reasonable to exclude other sounds. But not reasonable if I am trying to have a discussion.

In a church service, the purpose is not to get a veriaty of views, and an echo chamber allows the purpose (worship)to be achieved. Allowing atheists a say in worship would be stupidity.
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    TTKDB said:
    And the internet maybe hasn't in a sense become an eco chamber where some of the anti religious come to express their atheist points of view? 

How many Atheist websites are there on the internet? 

How many Atheists books are available for sale on some internet book selling websites? 

Does the above answer some of the below points of view? 

Religion is no different. Religious worshipping places, for example, are where religious will only accept opinions about their religion, and negative opinions, they cannot handle.

Wowsil, or Willows is an anti religious teacher.

SemiSteve is another anti religious teacher.

Idheinz is another anti religious teacher.

dee-em is another anti religious teacher.

Flyboyutah is another anti religious teacher.

Along with some of the anti religious teachers.
    There's a difference between the atheist and religious...

Atheists are willing to look at religious people's opinions and/or religious books etc. and either convert to said religion or continue to lack their belief in a God  

Religious people don't listen to Atheists, claiming the devil has taken their soul, they're ignorant, they've not read the holy books etc. And refuse to listen to their opinions and flee to only listen to their fellow religious peoples' opinions because they know they won't have to accept that some people disapprove of their religion

Also, The names you mentioned are irrelevant to the debate sooooo you've gone off topic AGAIN!
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

"Religious people don't listen to Atheists, claiming the devil has taken their soul, they're ignorant, they've not read the holy books etc. And refuse to listen to their opinions and flee to only listen to their fellow religious peoples'  opinions because they know they won't have to accept that some people disapprove of their religion"

The religious individuals are ignorant because you're apparently labelling them as such? 

And where is any court case in the United States, that has a parent or parents that hurt their kids with religion? 

And religion was found guilty along with those parents for being found guilty of murder, or for other various abuses, being that they committed crimes against their own families and religion was a co conspirator? 

Or show me ONE news story from any of the non atheist news media outlets, that has proof that the devil took a religious persons soul? 

I'd like you, to reverse fact check your own rhetoric, and then if it's true, back it up with any of these news media outlets, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, or NSNBC? 

Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987
    "Religious people don't listen to Atheists, claiming the devil has taken their soul, they're ignorant, they've not read the holy books etc. And refuse to listen to their opinions and flee to only listen to their fellow religious peoples'  opinions because they know they won't have to accept that some people disapprove of their religion"

The religious individuals are ignorant because you're apparently labelling them as such? 

No, i'm not really labelling them, because they prove to me that they are ignorant

And where is any court case in the United States, that has a parent or parents that hurt their kids with religion? 

Oh. Oh. OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You keep asking the question, yet when i give you the link to MULTIPLE cases, you're like "Nope. Try Harder" Whih proves you don't want to realize religion is the reason kids die in the hands of their parents. Faith Healing/Praying

And religion was found guilty along with those parents for being found guilty of murder, or for other various abuses, being that they committed crimes against their own families and religion was a co conspirator? 

You do realize you keep making this question and yet on multiple debates i and a few others have explained that you can't charge religion. This is like if someone shot up a school. Are you going to ask, "Was the gun found guilty along with the shooter?" 
    There are several reasons why religion can't be found guilty.

Or show me ONE news story from any of the non atheist news media outlets, that has proof that the devil took a religious persons soul? 

You do realize i mean that figuratively. not literally right?

I'd like you, to reverse fact check your own rhetoric, and then if it's true, back it up with any of these news media outlets, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, or NSNBC? 

Reverse fact check my own rhetoric?

Ok, you're trying to make my arguments look because I'm in the U.S, and atheists are treated like crap so of cousre there would'nt be much evidence.

I have a better question

Why do you always ask questions instead of facing and trying to counter the arguement head-on and attempting to sneak around it by asking these irrelavent questions?

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  

The New Atheists

The New Atheists are authors of early twenty-first century books promoting atheism. These authors include Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, and Christopher Hitchens. The “New Atheist” label for these critics of religion and religious belief emerged out of journalistic commentary on the contents and impacts of their books. A standard observation is that New Atheist authors exhibit an unusually high level of confidence in their views. Reviewers have noted that these authors tend to be motivated by a sense of moral concern and even outrage about the effects of religious beliefs on the global scene. It is difficult to identify anything philosophically unprecedented in their positions and arguments, but the New Atheists have provoked considerable controversy with their body of work.

In spite of their different approaches and occupations (only Dennett is a professional philosopher), the New Atheists tend to share a general set of assumptions and viewpoints. These positions constitute the background theoretical framework that is known as the New Atheism. The framework has a metaphysical component, an epistemological component, and an ethical component.  Regarding the metaphysical component, the New Atheist authors share the central belief that there is no supernatural or divine reality of any kind.  The epistemological component is their common claim that religious belief is irrational. The moral component is the assumption that there is a universal and objective secular moral standard. This moral component sets them apart from other prominent historical atheists such as Nietzsche and Sartre, and it plays a pivotal role in their arguments because it is used to conclude that religion is bad in various ways, although Dennett is more reserved than the other three.

The New Atheists make substantial use of the natural sciences in both their criticisms of theistic belief and in their proposed explanations of its origin and evolution. They draw on science for recommended alternatives to religion. They believe empirical science is the only (or at least the best) basis for genuine knowledge of the world, and they insist that a belief can be epistemically justified only if it is based on adequate evidence. Their conclusion is that science fails to show that there is a God and even supports the claim that such a being probably does not exist. What science willshow about religious belief, they claim, is that this belief can be explained as a product of biological evolution. Moreover, they think that it is possible to live a satisfying non-religious life on the basis of secular morals and scientific discoveries.

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Reverse fact check my own rhetoric?

"Ok, you're trying to make my arguments look because I'm in the U.S, and atheists are treated like crap so of cousre there would'nt be much evidence."

Really?

You're on this website putting Religion on trial for what some of adult parents did to their kids, via murder and abuse? 

And you want to act like (I'M) trying to make your arguments look because you're in the United States, and atheists are treated like garbage, so of course there wouldn't be much evidence.

Do the religious parents or a parent who haven't hurt their kids, and aren't in jail, do they deserve to be treated like the criminal parents, like the criminal parents get treated? 

Does a God or any Gods get to be treated like garbage for how some people treat the rest humanity with how we treat each other?

Murder, sexual assualt, drive by shootings, robberies, abductions, carjackings, people killed over money or drugs, people killing other people and then religion gets blamed for the offenders actions?

Where does the slippery slope begin and end, when it comes to judging any religion for what man does to man on a daily basis?

Man has been hurting, maiming, and crippling, the rest of society, long before religion, or a God, or any Gods showed up, to get the blame for his hurtful doings/ actions.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -   edited December 2018
    @Zombieguy1987

"Reverse fact check my own rhetoric?

Ok, you're trying to make my arguments look because I'm in the U.S, and atheists are treated like crap so of cousre there would'nt be much evidence."

OK, I'm guessing that you viewed my points of view as irrelevant?

What else might you like to blame religion for?

How big would you like your eco chamber slippery slope to be? 

10, 20, 100 feet tall?

What would be sufficient enough to satisfy your atheist point of view? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Is the (!) Irrelevant response, how you go about arguing your counter arguments? 

Is this forum, maybe in a sense your own eco chamber?

Or might your response be the (!) Irrelevant response again? 
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

Is the (!) Irrelevant response, how you go about arguing your counter arguments? 

Is this forum, maybe in a sense your own eco chamber?

Or might your response be the (!) Irrelevant response again?

It's not my eco chamber you keep making irrelevant arguments 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

So this is an irrelevant argument?

So judging the religious parents or a parent, with the actions of the religious parents or parent, who harmed their kids and are now criminals in jail, it's fair and equal to judgemental treatment? 

Exactly how far do the shadows of irrelevance, get to spread when an individual atheist, is using irrelevance to judge innocent religious parents or a parent, with the same judgements that found the religious parents or parent guilty of crimes against their kids? 

It's a good thing that the laws in a court room work differently than how some view innocent people verses criminal people with the same judgemental perspective? 

Questions like the above, should be asked by a journalist to an atheist in front of a news camera, so that the public can see how some judge religion verbally with their individual judgements.