frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is White Privilege real?

Debate Information

I Think white privilege is made up by SJWs and radical leftists as a means to deflect their laziness and/or bad choices at white people and justify it by history...

Which is ironically racist! The same thing these people claim to fight against!
Alec

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    It depends on the country.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Being Caucasian, I would rather see comments from those black, brown, yellow and red here. It seems they would be much more meaningful. We "whites" can always find something to cover our butts with.
    piloteerZombieguy1987
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    Being Caucasian, I would rather see comments from those black, brown, yellow and red here. It seems they would be much more meaningful. We "whites" can always find something to cover our butts with.
    That's an interesting position to take.  Does that mean white people have more meaningful things to say about other cultures, for instance Black Lives Matter issues?
    piloteerApplesauceZombieguy1987AlofRI
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    Not only is white privilege real in a social manner, it's real in a legal manner as well. White juveniles are far less likely to be tried as an adult than non-White juveniles who've committed the same crime. White defendants spend far less time waiting for their trials than non-White defendants. White offenders get smaller prison sentences, and are more likely to get offered a plea bargain. White offenders also get smaller bonds than their non-White counterparts. It makes me wonder why it's not called an INjustice system. 

#BlackLivesMatter 
    Zombieguy1987ApplesauceAlofRI
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    piloteer said:
    Not only is white privilege real in a social manner, it's real in a legal manner as well. White juveniles are far less likely to be tried as an adult than non-White juveniles who've committed the same crime. White defendants spend far less time waiting for their trials than non-White defendants. White offenders get smaller prison sentences, and are more likely to get offered a plea bargain. White offenders also get smaller bonds than their non-White counterparts. It makes me wonder why it's not called an INjustice system. 

#BlackLivesMatter 

Where's your evidence @piloteer? or is this a joke?

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited December 2018
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
  • midoprealmidopreal 21 Pts   -  
    I'm white and middle class. I have the benefit of growing up in a suburb, going to my choice of schools, and living to the extent of my hard work. No real setbacks early in my life. Not being afraid of any group of people. When I went to school about 5-10% of my schools where other than white at the most and I did not live in a rich area. Just middle class. My parents were able to get jobs to raise there children properly and give them the best chances. There parents as well for a few generations now. If my family was poor, if I was a minority which I had a chance to witness throughout growing up in a predominantly white area to see how the police treat black people, how teachers treat black students, how adults, at the time and to this day, treat black people or any minority for that manner is clearly different. I'm not asking for anything as equal outcome. But to see similar to or equal opportunity where it does matter the most. Of my minority friends I grew up with and that were in my school, they improved from the previous generation in there family. Almost all of them went to college, or went to a well paying industry. When I look at poor and Inter city schools which are defunded. Kids broken of there dreams, with a future of running for there lifes, dead end jobs, no future what is the difference. And yeah there are numbers to twist it both ways but just from experience of what the kids have to start out with is the difference. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps only works in the short term. When there is only luck at real opprotunity what is the point then? People need the opprotunity for drive. And when the best opprotunity to get rich is to gang bang, that is capitalism at its finest. Best opprotunities get the most to apply to it. 
    piloteer
    I am white, but I believe we are all one human race. #AllLivesMatter
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
    @Zombieguy1987

I notice you mark my posts as fallacy. I don't question your right to do so, but it was you who initiated this discussion, so you are in a sense, the mediator of this thread. Of course there's nothing in the rules that says you have to, but proper ediquet dictates that it would be nice if you would expound on your feelings toward my posts. I notice you mark them as fallacy, but you offer no retort. It was you who asked me for evidence , but when I produced documented statistics, all you could do was mark it as fallacy. If you've marked it as fallacy, it would seem that you should have evidence to disprove the findings. Or are you angry that the findings poke huge holes in your argument, or even worse, you think that a racist justice system is okay? 
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    piloteer said:
    @Zombieguy1987

I notice you mark my posts as fallacy. I don't question your right to do so, but it was you who initiated this discussion, so you are in a sense, the mediator of this thread. Of course there's nothing in the rules that says you have to, but proper ediquet dictates that it would be nice if you would expound on your feelings toward my posts. I notice you mark them as fallacy, but you offer no retort. It was you who asked me for evidence , but when I produced documented statistics, all you could do was mark it as fallacy. If you've marked it as fallacy, it would seem that you should have evidence to disprove the findings. Or are you angry that the findings poke huge holes in your argument, or even worse, you think that a racist justice system is okay? 

Sorry, I was busy due to it being New Years Eve and all...

Anyway..

piloteer said:
     @Zombieguy1987

*https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/demographic-differences-sentencing
    *https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/11/new-jersey-juvenile-detention-minority-tried-adults
    *https://www.wnyc.org/story/black-kids-more-likely-be-tried-adults-cant-be-explained/
    Nope. This is certainly NOT a joke. Justice is NOT being served. My G.

#BlackLivesMatter 

Simply because of three links doesn't compare the privilege PoC have in America due SJW's 

First of all, according to SJW logic, I'm somehow more privileged that Barack Obama even though he was the last U.S president and a senator from Chicago, and I'm just a 17 year old, yet because I'm white and he isn't= I'm more privileged?

Affirmative Action, which puts the priority of People of color over whites simply because of their skin color, not their GPA. Does that sound like they have privilege?

Or the fact SJW's and P.C shame white people FOR the color of their skin color. Once again, shouldn't their white privilege help them?

In fact here's some irony, CNN, the MOST LEFT-WING news site says BLACK privilege is a thing too! 

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/30/us/black-privilege/index.html

Oh, and according to many, the biggest example of White privilege is the lack of racism against whites, which is COMPLETELY FALSE!

In Battlefield V, if you type white man, that's a bad word (Which is BOTH racist and sexist!)

Or wanting a white genocide

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/08/03/an-asian-american-womans-tweets-ignite-a-debate-is-it-okay-to-make-fun-of-white-people-online/?utm_term=.e168a49dac9d

And the really depressing part? People will if it's POSSIBLE for white people to be victims of racism!?

https://www.quora.com/Can-white-people-truly-experience-racism-Why-or-why-not

Or reverse racism (Which just a lazy excuse by SJWs to deny their privilege)

@Zombieguy1987

Ummm, that wasn't a retort. That was just a non-linear rant based on your opinion. It seems a little strange that you didn't even address the findings of the United States Sentencing Commission. You marked my post as a fallacy, so I thought you would have evidence that would discredit the findings of the study, but all you've got is some articles by CNN and the Washington Post, and non of it has anything to do with the fact that white privilege is embedded in the "justice" system. For you to make a truly convincing argument that White privilege is not systemic in American institutions, you will have to do more than post opinion pieces from dismal online news outlets. Take notice of the fact that I posted a real life study, then I posted articles to help back my claims. You can mark my posts as fallacious all day long, but if you have no evidence that discredits the findings, then all you're doing is basing your opinion of it being fallacious on an opinion, not factual evidence. So, in lew of the lack of an argument, as it stands, there was a study conducted by US sentencing commission. You need to discredit those findings. Those findings were....

*Black juvenile defendants are far more likely to be tried as an adult than White defendants who've been accused of the same crimes.

*Convicted Black people receive longer prison sentences than White people who've committed the same crimes.

*Black defendants wait longer for their trial than White defendants do.

*Black people are more likely to be incarcerated while waiting for trial than White people are.

*Black people are less likely to get offered a plea bargain than White people.

*Black people get their bonds set higher than White people who've committed the same crimes.

Just to sweeten the deal for you, here's a report on the ineffectiveness of charging minors as adults.
    https://humanimpact.org/hipprojects/juvenile-injustice-charging-youth-as-adults-is-ineffective-biased-and-harmful/

Beside the obvious fact that putting children in prison with adult inmates puts them in serious risk of harm and the  possibility of contracting disease, it's been found to be counterintuitive as a deterrent. Making children serve their sentences with adult criminals subjects the minors to a criminal culture that has been shown to increase the minors chances of reoffending. 

You could make the argument that you don't care about these statistics because it's regarding criminals, but that would be an obvious choice to ignore that Black people are treated differently than White people in a legal US institution. That would be a choice of ignoring the White privilege embedded in the US "justice" system, and I thought the point of your argument was to disprove that white privilege is real! Furthermore I wonder how people would react if this was happening to White juveniles. If it doesn't bother you, it should. It should bother all of us because this is institutionalized racism, but beyond that, we as taxpayers fund this entire process. It costs money to keep moving Black minors like cattle into holding cages. The only people who are interested in this are the owners of privately owned prisons. This herding scheme is big profit for them. Where's the outrage?

I would like to thank "@Zombieguy1987 for staying on subject the next time he/she posts a retort, we're all looking forward to your definitive evidence. Happy New Year!!!! 

#BlackLivesMatter
    Zombieguy1987
    @Zombieguy1987

Ya, about the toy story graphic that you keep using 
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    There's a difference between having privilege and being disadvantaged.  There is NO white privilege but plenty of disadvantage to being poor, growing up w/o a father figure, dropping out of school, committing crimes etc etc the color of skin is irrelevant.  When you use the b.s. term white privilege is removes the focus on the disadvantaged which is where it should be and THAT should be addressed.  White privilege is like looking for ghosts.  Individuals in positions of power may show preference for people of their own skin color, but that's on them, and not all do that.  "White" is the majority atm, that's just a fact.  Like "black" is the majority in Africa and they kill "white" farmers and take their land.  
    Zombieguy1987
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
    @CYDdharta   Well, Let's go back to a cotton plantation. If you asked the white plantation owner if he treated his slaves with kindness and due respect, what do you think he would say?? 
    Then again, if you asked the black slaves ………………????

If you asked one of Hitler's blond, white "superior" Arians what they thought of their Fuhrer, and then asked a "non-white" German Jew, would you get another positive view?? I worked with an old German who always referred to "what the Jews did to the white man", and that "Hitler was right … he just went about it wrong."
    CYDdhartaZombieguy1987
    AlofRI said:
    @CYDdharta   Well, Let's go back to a cotton plantation. If you asked the white plantation owner if he treated his slaves with kindness and due respect, what do you think he would say?? 

If you asked one of Hitler's blond, white "superior" Arians what they thought of their Fuhrer, and then asked a "non-white" German Jew, would you get another positive view?? I worked with an old German who always referred to "what the Jews did to the white man", and that "Hitler was right … he just went about it wrong."

is this a reply to?  It has nothing whatsoever to do with anything I said here. 
    Zombieguy1987
    @YeshuaLovesYou   If we ever get around to the idea that "ALL lives matter …. EQUALLY", we will be MUCH more humane. Here, in the U.S., THAT has not quite become an accepted thing … by a large enough majority, yet. There is a plethora of evidence that "all God's creations" are NOT considered equally when skin color or nationality is considered. There can be no argument there. 
    Zombieguy1987
    CYDdharta said:
    AlofRI said:

is this a reply to?  It has nothing whatsoever to do with anything I said here. @AlofRI: It refers to what you said above when you said: "
    That's an interesting position to take."

Zombieguy1987
    AlofRI said:

is this a reply to?  It has nothing whatsoever to do with anything I said here. @AlofRI: It refers to what you said above when you said: "
    That's an interesting position to take."

Since we're posting thing that have no connection to anything;

Zombieguy1987piloteer
    @AlofRI I disagree. I am tired of having to apologize for something i never did, just because I'm white (mostly). What i do want to happen is some sort of Amendment passed to the Constitution, declaring the fact that we are all one human race, and that all humans are to have their rights. No special treatment, OR opression should be allowed in America. Get with the program, skin color divisions are only hurting humanity. White lives matter, and black lives matter are equally racist.
    ApplesauceZombieguy1987
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI I disagree. I am tired of having to apologize for something i never did, just because I'm white (mostly). What i do want to happen is some sort of Amendment passed to the Constitution, declaring the fact that we are all one human race, and that all humans are to have their rights. No special treatment, OR opression should be allowed in America. Get with the program, skin color divisions are only hurting humanity. White lives matter, and black lives matter are equally racist.
    "skin color divisions are only hurting humanity." you say, what do you think about BET, JET magazine, Miss Black America, Blacks only dating (online website) there's plenty more to list, but you get the idea.
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
    @Applesauce I think it is offensive when tv stations are dedicated to skin color.
    ApplesauceZombieguy1987