frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Who is the best president?

Debate Information

In your opinion. Historians tend to rank Presidents by their moral authority, crisis leadership, economic management, public persuasion, long-term impacts, and in if that helps. Personally I think Thomas Jefferson was the best because he was able to pull us out of debt and expand the size of our nation by a third. In addition, he wrote the Declaration of Independence, and his passion for liberty and freedom became the forefront for a new American identity.
socialmedia_an2831

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I like them equally, but will go with the first president.
    riess
  • riessriess 4 Pts   -  
    I like Thomas Jefferson.
    melanielustlove2debate
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    George Washington. He was a great founding father of our country.
    Btw, If Alexander Hamilton wouldn't die in a duel, maybe he would have become a president too.. He founded the first Bank who funded the revolution.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    Thomas Jefferson is a great choice.
  • Schatzi11Schatzi11 41 Pts   -  

Personally I like Ronald Reagan.

• averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I like Abraham Lincoln. I like Abraham because he was the one to end slavery in the world and he ended the Civil War, a great historical war. Some people might argue that he was not one of the Founding Fathers and they were one of the most important groups for our 50 United States to be created. However, I like Lincoln because he put the act against slavery into place and now no one can own slaves. Another counter-argument against me is Thomas Jefferson because he was a great president: One of the biggest things he did was that he was a vital piece of writing the Declaration of Independence and he was against slavery. This is where I disagree. It is known that in Thomas Jefferson's lifetime he owned over 600 slaves and didn't just have them and use them, he mistreated them as well. He sent young boys to work in his nail factory which was a very dangerous task and when they lost two iron rods he had their skulls crushed. That is why I think that Abraham Lincoln rules out the presidents that were listed.
    kmelkevolution17melanielust
  • kmelkevolution17kmelkevolution17 95 Pts   -  
    I like Trump.
    melanielustSchatzi11