frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you think the far-right movements in Europe will ever take control?

Debate Information

Marine Le Pen's loss signified a defeat for the rising far-right movements cropping up all over Europe. Such movements have appeared in Germany, Hungary, Poland, and more, with many concerns that neo-Naziism might become prevalent. Will these movements ever become powerful enough to take control in European governments, and if so is that good or bad?
mayeryosurrandal
  1. Live Poll

?

8 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• mayermayer 8 Pts   -  
    I believe they could potentially get powerful enouph. Now, on the cas of is it good or bad is interesting. I would say bad, but for some countries. Also, as long as it doesn't turn into neo-nazi type. France is being taken over my Muslims and that needs to be stopped.
    melanielustyosurrandal
  • yosuryosur 2 Pts   -  
    I disagree. I don't ebelueve that stuff like that should be occurring in any country. If Muslims want to live in France let them, as long as they don't show any threats.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    We saw what happens when Nazi started gaining power in Germany in 1930s.  Now there are trends of Pro-Nazi in the German army..see debate 

http://www.debateisland.com/discussion/821/does-germany-army-have-a-pro-nazi-problem

heavy immigration in Germany, France, and other parts of Europe may result in strong Nationalistic movements. That can be a fuel for extreme right wing reaction there.
    So I think it is certainly possible.
    randal
    Live Long and Prosper
  • randalrandal 67 Pts   -  
    I agree with @agsr .
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
     Agree somewhat with your point about Muslims @mayer

However I have to say @yosur also has a point; freedom of religion is necessary and important. Some right-wing leaders in the Netherlands for example have proposed full bans on mosques and the Quran; I think it would be more productive to simply create a filter or even a ban on all immigrants from Islamic countries, not necessarily on the religion
  • SaltyDogSaltyDog 21 Pts   -  
    groups like Generation Identity are growing fast and I think they'll gain large influence, but not enough to have control/
    irke
  • irkeirke 2 Pts   -  
    They could gain enouph to gain control, and potentially terorlsit groups can.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @melanielust, I agree that ban on religion is really a dangerous path.

@SaltyDog, it concerns me as well when I hear about rise of such groups and I hope they don't pick up enough traction.
    adebateronDI_1
    Live Long and Prosper
  • adebateronDI_1adebateronDI_1 17 Pts   -  
    The religion in France could change to Muslim.
  • SaltyDogSaltyDog 21 Pts   -  
    asgr you missed my point. I agree with Identity Generation. I'm just stating that they won't be able to gain control