frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is abortion moral?

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    While I believe murdering an unborn baby is morally wrong, it’s socially wrong to have the government involved in a private matter between the woman, doctor and husband  
    AlofRI
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Depends... It is sometimes necessary when the mother's life is in danger. No woman ever had an abortion thinking : Yes, I'll murder a child, yeah!! No woman ever looked forward with glee at having an abortion, so in this sense I don't think it's immoral, when trying to ascribe a moral value, intent must be taken into consideration IMO...  Killing is usually considered immoral but not in self-defense, many people support the death penalty too, a lot of those are people of faith too...  It can be argued that giving birth to a unwanted child, or giving birth in certain conditions (extreme poverty, abject lack of basic resources like water or food, etc) is in itself immoral... Giving birth to a child that is practically guaranteed to die before it's third birthday for example could be considered immoral. Having a child is a huge responsibility and not everyone is fit for parenthood IMO... 

In the end, morality is a spectrum, it's definitely not binary...
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I am not for abortions of convenience. I AM FOR the rights of women, abortion or other. If a woman feels an abortion is necessary, and there are several legitimate reasons, they should have the CHOICE. Christians, if they truly believe, will let "God" handle it. My (first) wife needed an abortion, she agreed, I agreed, her doctor agreed. 'nuff said.
    Zombieguy1987
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987 Babies have the right to live. Besides, abortion violates the non aggression principle.
    Zombieguy1987
    AlofRI said:
    I am not for abortions of convenience. I AM FOR the rights of women, abortion or other. If a woman feels an abortion is necessary, and there are several legitimate reasons, they should have the CHOICE. Christians, if they truly believe, will let "God" handle it. My (first) wife needed an abortion, she agreed, I agreed, her doctor agreed. 'nuff said.
    AlofRI said:
    So you are in favor of killing babies? Have you heard of birth control?
    @Plaffelvohfen Abortion is murder unless the mother's life is in danger. Use birth control, or don't hav sex.
    Zombieguy1987

Zombieguy1987

Sorry for posting so much. I am having computer issues.
  • @YeshuaBought ;

So you are in favor of killing babies? Have you heard of birth control? 

Yes, it is the socially approved intelligent way to kill a baby's there is no body to be used against us in a court of law, It is the much easier way of simply do not have sexual intercourse. However the method of creating all woman equal would simply say female specific amputation is not pregnancy abortion. Just like In Vitro Fertilization is not pregnancy abortion.

I'm getting a mixed message here. Does this mean lethal force is allowed when privacy is at stake? The understanding of the United States Supreme Court was that abortion is a privacy issue.