frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is birth control prolife, prochoice, or both?

Debate Information

I say both, and I'd like to explain why. Birth control is prolife in th sense that it prevents abortions, while it is also prochoice in that it allows men and women to choose not to have children. Birth control acts one of two ways: It prevents ovulation, or fertilization. Birth control does not cause abortion, so chillax.
Zombieguy1987AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• By truth and principle birth control is a pregnancy abortion, only described otherwise to the public by its user an creator. What Birth control is not is female specific amputation by the public or by its creator.
     Chillax...lol... I am compelled to ask do you know what truth is not? truth is not interpretations made on the same basic principle.

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87 I disagree. Birth control prevents abortion by preventing conception. If I am not pregnant, I can't have an abortion.
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
  • How are you defining a full interpretation right for all woman as only pregnancy abortion to be a process one woman can have or ordered as medical abortion, the process to officially stop something that is ongoing by understanding of principle aborting something in flow of progression, a chain of event, taking place. It does not matter where the stop takes place in a chain of event, as long as it is a end to the same principle. Birth control is pregnancy control, correct? You are only explaining a process which is a % point effective to the need of additional forms of pregnancy abortion to take place. Correct?

• @YeshuaBought ;

Your interpreting pregnancy to occur without ovulation which is not the whole truth. That process cannot be interpreted that way in a complete honestly as pregnancy cannot occur without female ovulation under any surcimstance. Donation or not. It is only ever part of the pregnancy process in all woman under all condition. Again you are not creating all woman as equal by the common defense to the general warfare. The truth is that pregnancy abortions have taken place as far apart as years after fertilization has occurred. This by a scientific standard as a new addition with the use of outside influence on a nature process that at one time limited public participation.

Here Again Roe versus Wade is about privacy.

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87 I disagree. Birth control prevents abortion by preventing conception. If I am not pregnant, I can't have an abortion.
    Indeed, if you're not pregnant you can't have an abortion... But abortion is technically a form of birth control, as it prevents birth by ending the pregnancy... I'd say it's far more easier, simple and cost effective (economically, emotionally, physically, etc) to prevent the pregnancy in the first place with condoms, pills, etc, but a comprehensive toolbox for birth control by definition must include abortion. 

So birth control, pro-life? Well, if it actively seeks to prevent pregnancy, it could be argued that it's not pro-life since it doesn't promote life... Pro-life is a badly defined catch-all terminology IMO... The reality of the "pro-life" movement is that it really is just an anti-abortion position.
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • @Plaffelvohfen ;

Abortion is not a limited word to mean only one thing by new creation and creator. Not like President was, or Prasedera is by constitutional common defense granted to witness. The loss of words to hold their self-value and public cost create a free state in which the words pregnancy abortion do not belong to all woman equal. Nor would they belong to a science or Medical procedure by patent in the United States Patent Office. The United States Supreme Court had legal found and set legal precedent the process is to violation of privacy, therefor was breaking the law in at least this regard.

Ways a woman can perform a pregnancy abortion, or receive an medical abortion are not the same in basic principle. The lie is saying publicly a woman cannot perform a pregnancy abortion without possible harm to herself. She in truth can perform them, in truth many woman do perform them, and this is done as a united states which creates all woman as equal by their creator. They go un witness in such a way that connects them as abortion. The common defense to abortion is described as simply not having sex, or by donating an egg to medical science. A man can not do this one thing donate his egg to science. A pregnancy is aborted.

Birth control just has a larger united states among woman, it still is not detailed explaining as a possible creation to place all woman as equal. A woman is not a chicken in which her egg is fertilized before creation of life it signifies. A woman’s fertilization happens after life has started by nature itself.

@John_C_87

"Abortion is not a limited word to mean only one thing by new creation and creator. Not like President was, or Prasedera is by constitutional common defense granted to witness."

What???  "by new creation and creator" What does that even mean???

Sorry to say the rest of your comment doesn't make much sense to me either... 
  • It means you are not telling a whole truth. The freedom of speech also addresses the meaning of a state speaking creates.

Pregnancy is a part of the process of human reproduction, birth being the end of human reproduction the outcome.  Its termination is only a stage of life, next living, then death. You are taking for granted that so actions are shared by law of nature and have limitation to how they can be used as explanation to a whole truth.
  • Birth control is ending a started life. The natural time that life exists is minimal and thus is left unprotect as a common defense to the general welfare. The truth is not that birth control is not murder. The truth is that birth control Is the same type murder as not having sex. Whole truth correct? Are they not the same type of murder? This is the vindication set in precedent.
    John_C_87 said:
    Birth control is ending a started life. The natural time that life exists is minimal and thus is left unprotect as a common defense to the general welfare. The truth is not that birth control is not murder. The truth is that birth control Is the same type murder as not having sex. Whole truth correct? Are they not the same type of murder? This is the vindication set in precedent.
    Birth control is not "ending a started life", abortion is, and abortion is just one tool among others to control births... Not having sex is murder?? ???

"and thus is left unprotect as a common defense to the general welfare.".
    "The freedom of speech also addresses the meaning of a state speaking creates.".

What are you trying to say here? It makes no sense at all.... Sorry, I don't want to sound rude but, is english your first language? That could explain why I find it difficult to grasp what you're saying...
  • @Plaffelvohfen ;

No, abortion is the official stopping of something not said that has official been started. If you do not say what is official stopped how we official can place a limit to the stop taking place. We call this, describe it as, a laps in command authority. A pregnancy abortion is the official stop of pregnancy as the process of aborting is applied to only it. Pregnancy otherwise a person simply assumes that abortion is the same as an accusation with all the limitation set by meaning with admission connected given to the official stop purpose. It is not a whole truth by never being clear what is being official stopped. Abort! Abort! Abort what specifically? The only truth we know is that the aborting process is not the process being effected. The freedom of speech and press allow pregnancies to be official stopped any number of ways, both legal and not legal.

When as a man I am asked to have sexual relationship with a woman, then say no, I am participating in murder. We, as man and woman both know for fact that if she does not conceive child by fertilization that life will die in a set time frame. We now share this burden of guilt equally. This is a form of murder. The idea of just saying abortion is justified by use of complex principles justification which does not structure around a whole truth.

PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • JoesephJoeseph 651 Pts   -  
    Birth control is used to prevent a life being born , abortion is used to prevent a life being born but hypocrites deny one and accept the other 
    Zombieguy1987
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen I agree with you that not so pregnant women can't have an abortion, but I disagree that abortion is a form of birth control. That's a little too far left for me to accept, but I do support exceptions for the mother, obviously. I just don't think we should be killing babies for chits and giggles. I do believe my mother had the right to abort me before I could feel pain, because there are STILL no protections for abused wives to choose adoption without the consent of the father. I guess you can call me center-right on abortion, and all the way left on healthcare and birth control, to make up for it.
    @YeshuaBought

" I just don't think we should be killing babies for chits and giggles.". Believe me, no woman ever had any abortion for shits and giggles, talk to anyone who had one, it's very unpleasant, physically and emotionally. It's a traumatic experience.  Trying to reduce the overall number of abortions is a laudable goal, the overwhelming majority of the pro-choice crowd would agree, because it's a traumatic experience. But the best way is by education, we have to talk about sex more openly and honestly, in order to reduce the abortion rate, it must stop being taboo, prudishness is detrimental in regards to reducing abortion rates, this is very important if you want to achieve this goal...  
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
  • @Plaffelvohfen ;

" I just don't think we should be killing babies for chits and giggles."

In War good people often do bad things as they become blinded in a battle by their personal convictions to it. Female specific amputations do not address independent issues as an illegal united state only. Like Abortion, pregnancy abortion. The United States Constitutional separation of church and state is not restricted to only use with state registered religion and public affairs toward them, it can be used on all grievance both foreign and domestic.
    Plaffelvohfen
    @John_C_87

Please help me make sense of this sentence: "Female specific amputations do not address independent issues as an illegal united state only." 

That doesn't mean anything!!!!  
    DeeZombieguy1987AlofRI
  • @Plaffelvohfen ;

Abortion when used to describe a official stop to pregnancy is both an admission and confession in which privacy is lost. This is the legal precedent stated by the Supreme Court. Female specific amputation means an official stepping way from laps of constitutional repreparation is now taking place. It is a declaration of Independence as no one knows, or is simply unwilling to telling truth in why all woman must be directed to self incriminated of crime as a untied state made in legislation. All woman are being created equal by F.S.A. as they are not told to direct themselves, or others people to self-incrimination like pregnancy abortion.
  • @YeshuaBought ;

All woman are created equal.  I disagree that abortion is a form of birth control. It is a truth pregnancy abortion is a form of birth control. You do not have a vote, woman do not have a vote, the republic and legal precedent describe all woman have a constitutional obligation to present legal common defense as to basic principle that explain a lie as lie, and a truth as truth. It is not being left it is not right, it is truth, the whole truth, and nothing but truth, and that is all. A person can often disagree with truth, a person is often unhappy with truth.

A mother has a right to confess to killing her child, the problem is, woman do not have the right to insure every woman admits and is accused of killing their child at the same instant, hence the necessity for female specific amputation. The truth is some woman are walking a straight line as unconstitutional, slowly creeping forward against the United States constitutional right of other woman by taking fours steps up, then three steps back.

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Getting absolutely technical can sometimes overshadow common sense. 
    We NEED birth control. Often we need abortion.
    The fact that we need CHOICE is unarguable to anyone WITH common sense … IMO AND at what I call common sense. You may have another level of common sense … that's YOUR choice.  ;-)
  • @AlofRI ;

Getting semi technical.

We need birth control, often we need pregnancy abortion.

Common sense what choice is any person given when they are told either you are accused without trial of guilt to crime, or you confess without trial to a guilt of crime.

You may have another level of common sense- that is YOUR choice.

Yep; I’ll take the idea of impartiality as a level of common sense many lack as truth.