frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Apple or Alphabet, who will hit 1 Trillion dollars first?

Debate Information

Who do you think will hit 1 trillion dollars first?Apple- $534,000,000,000
Alphabet- $507,000,000,000
As of January 31, 2017
  1. Live Poll

Who will hit it first?

13 votes
    1. Apple
      76.92%
    2. Google
      23.08%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I think that Apple will hit 1,000,000,000,000 first. Wow, that's a lot of zeroes.
  • companies_rich19companies_rich19 0 Pts   -   edited January 2017
    I think thatGoogle/ Alphabet will. They have a google car coming out soon as well as many new products. Apple is not expanding as much as Alphabet is.
  • soisksksk_19soisksksk_19 12 Pts   -  
    I believe Apple will, they simply have some better products than google and are dpi used on their current markets as well as slightly expanding at times.
  • ajkeksa_2029ajkeksa_2029 12 Pts   -  
    I think that Apple will.
  • I believe that Alphabet would hit that amount first especially with Google's new Pixel.
  • I believe that Apple will.
  • I think that Apple will.
  • I think that Apple would or might be the first to hit 1 trillion dollars.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Both are incredible companies committed to innovation. It is amazing to think how they continously reinvent themselves. I think apple has a slightly higher potential given their unique grab on the consumer market. That said, looking at their SWOT, there are many risks that they face at such hugh market valuations and generous price per earning multiples.
  • kakos_1929kakos_1929 12 Pts   -  
    I think that Apple will hit that amount first.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Since people voted for apple 3 to 1, should we do a trading arbitrage by buying apple and shorting google stock? That was a surprising poll result for me, expecting more of a split opinion on this projection.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • lakxi_10291lakxi_10291 2 Pts   -  
    Apple.
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I think that Apple will reach 1 trillion dollars first for a couple reasons. One: The new iPhone 7S and 7S Plus are coming out in mid-late September. Those products are really going to take off really quickly let alone the new iPhone 8 coming out less than a month later. The Google Car is coming out but since it is the first model I think that there could be a ton of technical issues and I don't think it will take off as quickly as the other iPhone products from Apple.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    As of today Apple is 795b and Google 635b.  Both are overpriced in my opinion, but given the value based on future market expectations I would say Apple has a better shot. That would just require about a 20% jump.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Amazon stock is trading over $1000 per share. That is amazing.
    google is at 986.

so lets see who is now closer?
    amazon is about 500 million and apple about 760 million.
    and google at 673 million.
    apple is still more promissing to get to a trillion first, but the gap between apple and google is narrowing 

Live Long and Prosper