frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Poltical Idelogy Results: What are your results?

Debate Information

Link to the site: https://www.gotoquiz.com/political_ideology_quiz_24

My results from the Political Ideology test 

Political Ideology Quiz
Your Result: Conservative Libertarian

90%

You are a Conservative Libertarian. You believe that government should leave business alone by having little to no regulation. You also believe that the people should have the right to make their own decisions, free from governmental control.

59%
Liberal Libertarian

28%
Conservative Authoritarian

26%
Moderate

1%
Liberal Authoritarian

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Political Ideology Quiz
    Your Result: Conservative Libertarian

84%

You are a Conservative Libertarian. You believe that government should leave business alone by having little to no regulation. You also believe that the people should have the right to make their own decisions, free from governmental control.

65%
    Liberal Libertarian

22%
    Conservative Authoritarian

20%
    Moderate

5%
    Liberal Authoritarian
    Zombieguy1987whiteflame
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  

I am not sure what "Liberal Authoritarian" means; it seems to be an oxymoron. I am also not sure what my position has to do with conservatism, since my ideal system has never really been tried anywhere, and even the Founding Fathers' intended system is pretty far away from it. Regardless, the general description is right.
    Zombieguy1987whiteflame
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  

Your Result :   Liberal Libertarian

You believe the government should be regulating businesses as it helps boost the economy.
    You also believe that the people should have the right to make their own decisions, free from governmental control. 

Result Breakdown:
    76% Liberal Libertarian
    65% Moderate
    54% Liberal Authoritarian
    38% Conservative Libertarian
    15% Conservative Authoritarian
    Zombieguy1987whiteflame
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • whiteflamewhiteflame 689 Pts   -  
    I guess I just find myself a whole lot more uncertain on some of these answers than the rest of you. I can see many of these issues swinging both ways. I guess that's why I often find myself in agreement with people from all walks of life. Generally agree with the liberal libertarian being the greater part of me, though.
    MayCaesarZombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @whiteflame

I concur, as a lot of questions are strongly dependent on the context. The way I usually answer these questions is by trying to figure out which answers the author expected from people of given political leanings, and choosing the one that matches mine.
    For example, take the question: "Smoking is harmful for the society, and some steps should be taken to eradicate it. Do you agree with it?". I agree with this statement - but the author's assumption is that agreeing with it implies that you support the state taking forceful measures to reduce smoking. While in actuality, I think that it should happen naturally, as the society evolves and people become more self-aware. People should peacefully support and encourage others to cure their addiction, but the state should stay out of it.
    So in this case I will choose "Disagree", even though, strictly speaking, this is not true.

But objectively, indeed, almost every single question would be best answered with "It depends". "Do you believe that research should be done internationally?" Yes and no. Research should be done both domestically and internationally, there is no dichotomy here.

whiteflame
  • I don’t think test is correct but here you go
    Zombieguy1987
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • whiteflamewhiteflame 689 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

That's an intriguing way to handle it. I guess my only concern is over-interpreting the meaning behind a given issue. I suppose if we assume that each question is specifically posed to slot you into a given ideology, then that seems entirely accurate, and that would seem to be the purpose of a quiz like this. At the same time, maybe there's a bit of an effort here to do another form of delineation: between black-and-white thinkers and those who fall more into the gray. Not that I think the author of this quiz was functioning based on such nuance, but it's possible I suppose.