frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is there any VALID reason at ALL to KILL a 9 month unborn baby?!

Debate Information

I say, Hades no!
Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    I’m against abortion but if giving birth results in the mother dying than that’s a valid reason for an abortion 
    PlaffelvohfenPolaris95
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987 Abort the baby earlier, or give birth. There is NEVER a good reason to MURDER a 9 month baby.
    Zombieguy1987
    @Zombieguy1987 Abort the baby earlier, or give birth. There is NEVER a good reason to MURDER a 9 month baby.

Sometimes it takes 9 months before the doctor tells the mother that giving birth will result in death you do realize that...?right?

OppolzerPlaffelvohfenPolaris95
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    Is there any valid reason not to kill it? It is parasiting on the person's body and brings absolutely no benefits. I fail to see the reason for letting it live, unless you want a child - but if you want a child, then you will not be considering abortion in the first place, so that scenario is moot.
    Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  •  

It’s been scientifically created outside the mother’s body and without her knowledge its T cell then harvested in a process of human genetic farming.

Would be my first belief .

• AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    As collateral damage in a military operation where the risk to civilians (including the baby) is known to exist but where the military benefit to launching the attack is disproportionately high in comparison to that risk.

Based on international military law the baby's death, if it occured, would be tragic but perfectly legitimate and legal.
    @Zombieguy1987 I don't care. At 9 months, abortion is always wrong. Abort it sooner, or give birth. You are sounding more and more like a proabortion leftist with every post. Has anyone EVER said no to your proabortion tantrums? Have you ever heard of c sections? I swear liberals get off on murder, just like conservatives. The very only case I would ever support abortion at 9 months is if the BABY would die anyway, or he is paralyzed. We are talking infanticide here, which is murder in the first degree!
    Zombieguy1987
    @Ampersand It was legal to own slaves, too.
    Zombieguy1987Polaris95
    @MayCaesar It is a baby.
    Zombieguy1987
    @Zombieguy1987 I don't care. At 9 months, abortion is always wrong. Abort it sooner, or give birth. You are sounding more and more like a proabortion leftist with every post.

Nope. Still against abortion, but the issue is that sometimes, it's unfortunate that the doctor has to tell mother that giving birth will result in her death... That's the reality of the human body... Sometimes it takes a while before it's revealed that giving birth can be life threating   

Has anyone EVER said no to your proabortion tantrums? 

No, but people have said no to my anti-abortion stance, but I say I think it's MORALLY wrong to abort a fetus, not that I'd want the government to tell what a woman to do with her body

Have you ever heard of c sections? I swear liberals get off on murder, just like conservatives. 

This is confusing. You say you're centrist. Then a liberal and then a conservative. pick a dam side!

The very only case I would ever support abortion at 9 months is if the BABY would die anyway, or he is paralyzed. We are talking infanticide here, which is murder in the first degree!

DrummerDude
    @Zombieguy1987 I'm center left centrist, not far left liberal. I agree with Trump on some things, but not all. I think both the far left and far right have good and evil.
    Zombieguy1987Applesauce
  • @YeshuaBought ;

It was legal to own slaves, too. 

The idea of a legally owned slave is now set by their treatment. How it effects the person who is taken and being held to pay off a debt of War is what has changed. It was never Constitutionally legal to own a slave to begin with, the Congress and President simply could not make a winnable Court case by explaining the common defense to a group that was formed at that time. A shorter basic principle was used to provide a faster application to a common defense to share publicly reason why. 

Slavery still takes place it is only certain types of slavery that are now targeted by the legislative separation created. Making slavery illegal does not end slavery it made it much easier to regulate the criminal treatment of salves.

Can I ask. Do you feel it should be criminal to abortion a 5 year old fetus that does not show signed of aging past 9 months?   The idea of slave takes on many new forms when the words without cost or self-value and attached as a liberty that can be taken.

• ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    the question is
    Is there any VALID reason at ALL to KILL a 9 month unborn baby?!
    if the mother is at risk because of whatever the reason then that reason needs to be addressed by make the mother no longer pregnant because that is what the risk/threat is.  This is done either by induction or c-section, both of which will resolve the situation of making the woman no longer pregnant.
    is there a reason to kill a 9 month unborn baby?  no

ironic case in the news, NYC man kill pregnant girlfriend and can't be charged with the baby's death

Zombieguy1987
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
    @Applesauce That is so sad!
    Zombieguy1987
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    Ok Yeshua, I’m pro life. But myself and I’m sure plenty of others are getting tired of your useless redundant debates
    Zombieguy1987ApplesaucePolaris95
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    It is legal to shoot a serial killer who attacks you too.

The fact that something is legal does not make it bad.

It MAY be bad, but you need to rely on far more than "hey, some other thing that was legal at some point in the entitety you of world history was bad" to prove it.
    Zombieguy1987
  • @Ampersand ;

Realistically it is not legal. That creates a lie, the action can be found to be permissible by its justification, the whole truth is that the continual killing or use of lethal force that was taking place as a religious act, by a person was finally met with a resistance which ended as a form of suicide. The actions of the killer effected the outcome of use of lethal  force directly.

The reality is a trial, or judicial tribunal still needs to convene, by taking place it create the security of separation from any statute of limitations. 
  • By the way that is a state of the Union to a United States Constitutional address.
  • Is there any VALID reason at ALL to KILL a 9 month unborn baby?!

It will never be born.

Neither donator of egg or sperm knows the child is alive at all, and the nine month child has parents, two woman, two men, or three men and nine woman scientist, unwitnessed by public as a creator of a citizen of nation, who are not content with allowing any child who has lost viable necessary DNA material to suffer. As life has been saved at a equal cost by the sacrifice of life for life.

Beyond that though it is hard to agree with in any reasonable rational way the body of that baby is then a donation to medical science and become the focus of study in techniques of medical practice that will go on to save hundreds if not thousands of other lives as well.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    Adoption is a fair idea.
    PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987Applesauce
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    Ampersand said:

It MAY be bad, but you need to rely on far more than "hey, some other thing that was legal at some point in the entitety you of world history was bad" to prove it.
    somehow you are making this a self defense issue?  ok stretch arm strong I would love to see those dots connected LOL
    Zombieguy1987
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • @TKDB ;

Adoption is a fair idea.

Like I said the question asked is they're valid reason These children will hostilely not survive without requiring the same treatment they had been farmed to produce. If true wouldn't this a valid reason to official terminate not abort.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Ampersand said:

somehow you are making this a self defense issue?  ok stretch arm strong I would love to see those dots connected LOL
    Nah, that wasn't the point although I was only making a quick phone post so the fault's probably mine for not being clear enough.

Yeshua's point can basically be summarised as "Something at some point in the entirety of human history was legal and bad (slavery), therefore all things that are legal are bad (including proportionate incidental civilian casualties in military operations)". Of course that logic isn't true because we can certainly identify things that are legal and good - like stopping ourselves being murdered by a serial killer. We can therefore reject Yeshua's argument.

Now of course the inverse applies to my argument too - just because it's legal doesn't mean it's good. However in this case we're talking about an universally agreed set of laws which are designed to protect civilians from harm when feasible that were put in place largely following WW2 as a response to the massive suffering inflicted by civilians and a desire for it to never happen again. That has a lot of legal and moral validity behind it and can't simply be rejected with "Well it could be legal and bad like slavery", it's one where you need to give specific criticisms.
  • DrummerDudeDrummerDude 18 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    Women should have a choice. Stop thinking about morals, because the reasoning towards one's abortion at 9 months is there choice.  
    piloteer