frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should The Second Amendment Be Repealed?

Debate Information

Convince me that the Second Amendment should be repealed  
  1. Live Poll

Should The Second Amendment Be Repealed?

17 votes
    1. Yes
      11.76%
    2. No
      88.24%
    3. Unsure
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    There's no need for an outright repeal, so I voted No.

But I wouldn't mind a little update though, it's been 228 years since we installed v1.0... Is it still performing efficiently? Maybe at least open discussion about moving to v1.5, look at the specs, test-runs, see if the system stays stable before moving on to v2.0?  The Constitution is or should be treated as (in my opinion) a living thing, the worst mistake is to set it in stone tablets, just like that guy Moses did with his idea of a good text, see where it brought us... I'm not a fan of ideas with biblical proportions... ;) 
    Zombieguy1987AlofRICYDdhartaHunterJuneauZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    It should be repealed in the sense that it should not be needed. There should be one statement in the Constitution that prohibits the government from infringing on people's property rights in any way, and the effects of the current Second Amendment will naturally derive from it.

Why are any "amendments" needed in the first place? Because the original version of the Constitution was pretty sloppy and, when interpreted literally, allowed the government incredible powers over citizens. The amendments were introduced later in order to mitigate the potential for abuse that the original version created.

I would say that the entire Constitution should be rewritten in a brief and concise way, so that its legal consequences are immediately clear, and so it does not require any modification in the future. In my opinion, the law in general should be written in a way that both covers all the possible situations, and is independent of time. The law should not depend on the technological state of our civilisation, on the shifts in our collective thinking, on the individuals who are currently in charge of protecting and interpreting the law, etc. The law should be simple, concise and to the point, rather than, as it is now, written in a way requiring professional lawyers with decades of experience to decipher.

I propose the following Constitution:

1) The property rights of the individual cannot be infringed upon by either federal or local government.
    2) The bodily autonomy of the individual cannot be infringed upon by either federal or local government.
    3) The government, federal or local, has the right and the obligation to fulfil clauses 1) and 2) of the present document to the extent that fulfils them for all involved parties, barring those that violate the clauses.
    4) Should the government, federal or local, violate clause 1), 2) or 3), it is to be retired. The new government will be elected democratically by the people subject to its sphere of influence.

This covers everything: individual rights and their protection, and prevention of governmental abuse. What else do we need from the Constitution, really?

With regards to the original Constitution and its implications on the people's ability to defend themselves from the government that has gone too far, see the famous speech by Patrick Henry:

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/documents/1786-1800/the-anti-federalist-papers/speech-of-patrick-henry-(june-5-1788).php

...A standing army we shall have also, to execute the execrable commands of tyranny: And how are you to punish them? Will you order them to be punished? Who shall obey these orders? Will your Mace-bearer be a match for a disciplined regiment? In what situation are we to be? The clause before you gives a power of direct taxation, unbounded and unlimited: Exclusive power of Legislation in all cases whatsoever, for ten miles square; and over all places purchased for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, etc. What resistance could be made? The attempt would be madness. You will find all the strength of this country in the hands of your enemies: Those garrisons will naturally be the strongest places in the country. Your militia is given up to Congress also in another part of this plan: They will therefore act as they think proper: All power will be in their own possession: You cannot force them to receive their punishment: Of what service would militia be to you, when most probably you will not have a single musket in the State; for as arms are to be provided by Congress, they may or may not furnish them. Let me here call your attention to that part which gives the Congress power, "To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia, according to the discipline prescribed by Congress." By this, Sir, you see that their control over our last and best defence is unlimitted. If they neglect or refuse to discipline or arm our militia, they will be useless: the States can do neither, this power being exclusively given to Congress: The power of appointing officers over men not disciplined or armed is ridiculous: So that this pretended little remains of power left to the States may, at the pleasure of Congress, be rendered nugatory. Our situation will be deplorable indeed: Nor can we ever expect to get this government amended, since I have already shewn, that a very small minority may prevent it; and that small minority interested in the continuance of the oppression: Will the oppressor let go the oppressed? Was there even an instance?...

Zombieguy1987ApplesauceCYDdharta
  • @MayCaesar ;

The idea of the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitutions introduction of truth and fact is greatly misdirected from the whole purpose of truth as legal protection in writing. It provides to the Armed Service of any United State. The basic principle maintained though not shared openly at liberty is that all person who holds a common defense for the general welfare are allowed to peacefully assemble. Even though this idea creates the definition of militia. The guideline is of specification to the accusation by others of militia set in motion that a republic of well regulation must be held accountable for the gathering under military order.  

What question does the 2nd Amendment hold to be presented in civil action of constitutional separation. In any shooting of large casualty rate, or small, which inflicts the use of lethal force upon others, had the witness been armed would the shooting still have taken place. Would the action be in common defense to the general welfare? Or simply in retaliation of action?

In not arming yourself, and /or in obstruction of bearing arms to others, are you fully aware of the burden you place on others to do so on your behalf? As by your abandonment to common defense, those who lack in the legal burden of defense are dependent on others, and in so making this choice become just as guilty as those who become overzealous in applications of lethal force in their presence.

AlofRIZombieguy1987PlaffelvohfenPolaris95
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    An amendment that was written to allow people to have muskets to defend themselves, to allow them to band together and train because we had people with large armies that really didn't like U.S.. To actually allow the defense of our very small government from those who might want to take it over, or from those who would try to take that government away from we, the people, was good at that time. 
    NOONE could have envisioned a weapon that could be held by one person that could mow down a whole army of that time, before they even got in range, with hundreds to over a thousand rounds per minute.
    The weapons have outrun the amendment. The number of people who are against government of and by the people (for some dumb reason), has grown. We HAVE a "well regulated militia" in our National Guard, manned by our friends and neighbors, sister and brothers. THEY are not going to join up with those who want to destroy our democracy, OUR government. THAT is the only militia we need to protect U.S..

I have nothing against people owning a gun. If we had a better system to control just who can buy one … like a person on a terrorist watch list … we wouldn't have such a dire need for "protection". I've owned guns all my life. That doesn't instill fear in anyone who knows me. I was an NRA member for years, a proud one. I wouldn't be today because they used to sell gun safety and education. Now they sell fear.

We need a second amendment, but, one that has caught up with the weapons and dangers of today, not 1776!
    Zombieguy1987PlaffelvohfenCYDdhartaZeusAres42
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    While I believe that guns should be regulated, I don't think they should be banned or abolished.
    AlofRI
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    Of course not. Although there should be a revision of the system of purchasing firearms, so that mentally-ill or psychotic individuals do not obtain them, the 2nd Amendment should not be repealed. And the same dumb excuse: "Oh they were talking about muskets!" Were they? Because if you read it, it does not say anywhere "right to bear muskets".  The righteous and sane American people deserve the right to life, and the right to protect themselves from danger.
    Zombieguy1987AlofRINathaniel_B
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    "Welp I was going to kill all of these people, but it's not legal for me to own a gun"- What gun control advocates think will happen.
    Zombieguy1987George_Horse
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    "Welp I was going to kill all of these people, but it's not legal for me to own a gun"- What gun control advocates think will happen.

"Welp if we ban guns, then criminals won't shoot up schools"- Gun control advocates

Bans guns and another shooting happen

"Wait?! we banned guns and shootings are still happening! We need more gun control!!!"- Gun control advocates

"What did you expect? There's such a thing called the Black Market!"-Me and other people with common sense

George_HorseAlofRISilverishGoldNova
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987 the flaw with that line of thinking is prices for guns on the black market will skyrocket, pricing many people out. Other methods of terrorism would become much cheaper and easier to accomplish than buying guns. People will just follow the Boston bombers tactics. Homemade explosives are harder to make than simply going down the street and buying a gun. However if you had to go to the black market for one it would become easier to buy the bomb materials as they can all be acquired legally. 

Where I stand on it all is either full repeal or actually remove more regulations. Gun control does nothing. In Chicago people drive out to buy guns in the suburbs and rural areas, then drive them into the city to resell them. If a black market was the only way to buy guns it's no longer a simple as an hour long drive to purchase a weapon illegally to turn around and sell it for a profit in an afternoon. A national black market would be a lot more involved.

At the same time if the amendment stays we should be allowed to purchase and control far more weapons than we currently can. I should be able to buy an RPG or a tank if I have the money. It's a right to arms, those are arms therefore I have a right to them.

If guns are legal you can't get too upset or want to solve mass shootings. Guns are dubbed a necessary part of society and with a society that embraces guns comes mass shootings inherently. 

If they are legal I will own one, if they aren't I will give them up. I don't really care either way.

Since I see control as useless and repeal as almost impossible to happen, I would prefer more public education on gun safety, allowing felons to withhold their criminal history when applying for a job, free or affordable mental healthcare. These things would cut down on gun violence but I'm willing to bet their is a significant population that would rather have the gun violence than to pay for these programs. So don't view it as a tragedy when it happens, it's just another part of society.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    We require a license to drive a car. That doesn't stop everyone from driving without a license. We set regulations on DUI. That doesn't stop everyone from driving under the influence. Most states require a drivers test. That doesn't mean all drivers are good drivers.
    No one expects reasonable background checks to stop ALL shootings, but, if they stop one or two or three, they're worth it … especially if it's your sister? Brother? Mother?
    That's all anyone (well, nearly everyone, there are always some radicals), wants. Other radicals blow this out of proportion for their own selfish reasons. We need to do something, as we did with driving. No one can say driving regulations don't save lives! Not EVERY life, but, enough to make them worth it.
  • The flaw in repeal of the 2nd Amendment is proving that the change of basic principle on Constitution was not a common defense set in the United State for declaration of Independence from England in our nation’s use of lethal force during any War including the one of independence from England.

As a man that may speaking for all men, it can be said the state of the union made on gun control, is a burden of lethal force the civil court is attempting to remove, or take off the victim, for not being willing to take on the equal responsibility of lethal force, on their own behalf, is then set on authority as their negligence.

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    @AlofRI but is regulation really the best way to do that? Or is it better to get people in a position where they don't need to resort to gun violence? If Felons can get jobs easier there will be less need to use gun violence to pay rent. If mental healthcare is more prevalent then maybe that high school kid can have a chance to work through their issues. 

This accomplishes your goal without limiting, or putting road blocks in the way of people that aren't abusing guns. This can also have an impact on the people who would but an unmarked gun where regulations can't.

Ask yourself, who does regulations prevent from abusing a gun? The way I see it is someone who currently has an official record of either severe mental illnesses or a crime. Lots of mass shooters are committing their first serious offense at the time or have a mental illnesses that was never officially noted anywhere. Regulations do nothing to stop them. What if someone buys a gun then years later has a breakdown. They don't need to buy a gun at that point but mental health intervention could be effective.
    Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI

The license requirement to drive a car is not necessarily reasonable. We do not expect cyclists to have a license, yet one can just as well kill themselves or others with a modern electric bike, as with a car. If anything, the license requirements make it much harder for people to practice driving, as they can be very solid drivers - yet still require someone to be on the front seat of their car to be able to drive.

I was ready to take my license test approximately 2 months after I started practicing with the instructor - yet I had to drive with the instructor for 4 more months just to be able to take the test. Had I been allowed to take the test immediately, I would have had a much easier time practicing driving, as I would be able to do it alone legally. 

The government always wants to regulate everything "for the greater good". Well, I do not see any greater good in people not being able to sneeze without violating anything. It increases levels of stress in the society, puts obstacles everywhere making it very hard for people to achieve anything, wastes a lot of money on extremely inefficient bureaucratic federal and state organisations... What do we get in return? A 5% lower chance that someone will kill us? 5% out of the already negligible percentage. Does anyone seriously think that this is a good deal?
    Zombieguy1987Applesauce
    @Zombieguy1987

Feel free to share this picture with gun control advocates.

PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987George_HorseAlofRI
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    An amendment that was written to allow people to have muskets to defend themselves, to allow them to band together and train because we had people with large armies that really didn't like U.S.. To actually allow the defense of our very small government from those who might want to take it over, or from those who would try to take that government away from we, the people, was good at that time. 
    NOONE could have envisioned a weapon that could be held by one person that could mow down a whole army of that time, before they even got in range, with hundreds to over a thousand rounds per minute.
    The weapons have outrun the amendment. The number of people who are against government of and by the people (for some dumb reason), has grown. We HAVE a "well regulated militia" in our National Guard, manned by our friends and neighbors, sister and brothers. THEY are not going to join up with those who want to destroy our democracy, OUR government. THAT is the only militia we need to protect U.S..

I have nothing against people owning a gun. If we had a better system to control just who can buy one … like a person on a terrorist watch list … we wouldn't have such a dire need for "protection". I've owned guns all my life. That doesn't instill fear in anyone who knows me. I was an NRA member for years, a proud one. I wouldn't be today because they used to sell gun safety and education. Now they sell fear.

We need a second amendment, but, one that has caught up with the weapons and dangers of today, not 1776!
    that is incorrect.  I'll give you some starting points you can search and learn for yourself.  Search up a gattling gun and about individuals purchasing cannons, pepper box and first repeating rifle etc.  to say it was about muskets and they didn't envision advancements was debunked a long time ago.
    guns were used for hunting, protecting live stock from predators and other things other than any kind of warfare.

lol (bold part) such as?  how do you stop the illegal black markets?  terrorist watch list isn't a crime, they have NOT been convicted of anything right?  remember the dummycrats that were on the list by mistake?  so you are ok with guilty until proven innocent, sorry can't take you seriously.

who's gun was used to kill Kate Steinle?

How many people stopped by the NICS system are actually prosecuted?  what % do you think it is?
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova

I fail to see how citing the 2nd is in itself an argument justifying its existence... Care to point what I'm missing? Note that I'm not in favor of its repeal.
    AlofRI
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @Plaffelvohfen Because some gun control advocates will say "It's just for muskets" and if you look into the top right, you'll "musket 0/0" 

It was intended as a joke, but I can give you a few arguments justifying it's existence if you want.
    Zombieguy1987

@SilverishGoldNova It is a mentally stable person's CHOICE to exchange money for a gun. If you don't like guns, don't buy one. I might not have gun rights, but normal people do for protection.
    Zombieguy1987
    @AlofRI So you're antichoice? If you can support abortion, I can support gun rights.
    Zombieguy1987George_HorseAlofRINathaniel_B
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Feel free to share this picture with gun control advocates.

Gun control advocates: "But, but you put musket, not muskets!

Me:

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    We require a license to drive a car. That doesn't stop everyone from driving without a license. We set regulations on DUI. That doesn't stop everyone from driving under the influence. Most states require a drivers test. That doesn't mean all drivers are good drivers.
    No one expects reasonable background checks to stop ALL shootings, but, if they stop one or two or three, they're worth it … especially if it's your sister? Brother? Mother?
    That's all anyone (well, nearly everyone, there are always some radicals), wants. Other radicals blow this out of proportion for their own selfish reasons. We need to do something, as we did with driving. No one can say driving regulations don't save lives! Not EVERY life, but, enough to make them worth it.

Actually, stopping EVERY shooting IS the requirement of gun control.  The goal isn't just reducing gun violence, firearms murders are at historic lows now.  Murders per capita haven't been this low in over half a century, since the late 50s early 60s.

This historic drop in murders comes just as there has been a dramatic rise in the number of firearms and concealed carry permits held by private citizens.  Relaxing self defense laws and allowing people to protect themselves appears to be working. If a good guy with a gun could stop one or two or three shootings, they're worth it … especially if it's your sister? Brother? Mother?

Apparently not, since we still have people pointing to specific shooting incidents as evidence for the need for more restrictions.  The only thing that will satisfy that type of argument is a complete end to all shootings or at least a total ban of all privately held firearms.  I'm afraid you've painted yourself into a corner by using that argument.

• The whole damn point of the second amendment is so that we the citizens have the full and complete right to stop a tyrannical government. And don’t pull the “but it was written when muskets were the only guns” on me because I’m pretty damn sure that the founding fathers meant for us to at least be kinda on par with the military. You can’t stop troops with automatic weapons with a bolt action hunting rifle that only has a three round mag *cough* California *cough*.
    Zombieguy1987George_Horse
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • @SilverishGoldNova It is a mentally stable person's CHOICE to exchange money for a gun. If you don't like guns, don't buy one. I might not have gun rights, but normal people do for protection.
    *cough cough* I presume you @ the wrong person? 
    Zombieguy1987

• @SilverishGoldNova
    Im to lazy to look at her profile, where does she live that she doesn’t have gun rights?
    Zombieguy1987
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI So you're antichoice? If you can support abortion, I can support gun rights.
    Literally what I say sometimes! Its not a problem to support abortion, but supporting gun rights is a bad thing?
    Zombieguy1987Nathaniel_B
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • @Plaffelvohfen @SilverishGoldNova @AmericanFurryBoy ;

Um…..no. Citing the 2nd Amendment on gun right is to inform others. The amendment is a process of the change made to something that already tales place, exists. Legal ownership. The civil legal challenge is by taking a way a private right to own gun are you placing all Arm Forces at risk holding them accountable, this meant English, French, Russian, German, and what came to be American.  As these nations either had soldiers as Armed Services, or provided guns responsible for acts of violence, in the form of lethal force. It is the very same thing that is going on to date, without remember the new idea coming to the times of the formation of United States Constitution. The understanding was slavery was bad, and a slave was nothing more than a citizen taken as Prisoner Of War.

• I can see how touchy a subject this might be for proud American Citizens. Repeal is a definite no for now. However, I think many people are so attached to the second amendment that they would reject even the slightest "amendment" to the 2nd amendment. I think one of the reasons for this might also because just a bit more than 200 years is not really much that of a long time such as that compared with the Magna Carta in the UK Created‎: ‎1215 for instance. Hence why it is probably a lot easier for someone of the UK to be far more critical of something within the Magna Carta than what it is for someone in the US to be critical of the US Constitution. If it was only about 200 years later from the creation of the Magna Carta and people proposed critical things about the Magna Carta I can imagine people thinking that is completely absurd within that time frame too.

I think it is by nature that the older things become the more they lose their power of time. And the constitution is a long way off from losing it's power yet, but it will happen, just like it happened with the Magna Carta, and many other things within history for that matter; it's just a matter of time. 

In conclusion, hereinafter, I will have to say that I am with Sam Harris on this issue who said that "As time goes on and things change, so must the constitution change with it." https://samharris.org/the-riddle-of-the-gun/

This is also coming from a guy that is a Republican and a responsible and Lawful gun owner.

Plaffelvohfen

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    Yes, the Second Amendment should be repealed, its an outdated Amendment, in which, it's 18th century dialogue, doesn't represent the 21st century, as it should.
    ZeusAres42Zombieguy1987

• Most Amendments to the united State Constitution are to address issues of legal precedent set in the workflow of constitutional representation before the courts so a court might become more efficient. It is not expected to stop the work flow before the court system of separation. In a state of Constitution the argument made on gun control is about lethal force not the gun al all. A military draft is not constitutional legal, in basic principle the common defense is acting as civil relief of command of the appointed burden of lethal force. So. an illegal public draft takes place when a democracy legislates the burden of lethal force upon others without holding that burden equally themselves. 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    You can go to YouTube, and see video after video, where various offenders, are pulling guns, and opening fire on the Police Officers, who are doing traffic stops, or dealing with traffic stops, that turned into a vehicle pursuit, and again, some of the offenders, want to pull out a gun, and open fire on a police officer? 

The Second Amendment, is being abused, by the continuous sales of illegal guns, being sold to criminals, and offenders, by the illegal gun dealers.

And the Second Amendment, needs to be amended with the Death Penalty, as a way to reflect the abuses being waged on the public, by the illegal gun owning criminals, and offenders, and the first time offender, who committed a crime, with their guns, or gun.

Zombieguy1987
  • Okay first an attack directed at any officer of the law is addition of a basic principle on its own and is away from the debate about the United State held in 2nd Amendment. It is the United States Constitution that is being abused and this is by more than one group and more than in one way.

The police serve and protect the united-State Constitution equally as a common defense to the general welfare. This is not a choice and is not an optional idea open for public vote. It is defended as legal precedent, or not. America is a republic that has democratic applications.

I keep repeating this TKDB and it is unclear if you can understand basic principle and legal precedent. The basic principle involved in mass shooting is abuse of lethal force. Though you are not paying by vote or buy money for this state of the union’s address in basic principle in question, but here it is anyway, lethal force.

There is a strange political idea of who a President works for by appointment of vote, it is not the people in whole truth, it is the judicial office of Government and the position is a stop gap opportunity with a job description. So, President is of the people, and the position is filled. I could take this a deeper in detail but it is not necessary at this time.

• linatelinate 58 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

the second amendment makes judges and people think it's okay for people to have guns, when they are not even allowed to fly on a plane. it may not be the amendment that does it, but at least people's interpretation. and who can blame them, the amendment doesn't limit guns to criminals or those who might be a risk. so, what we are left with is the standard that someone must be more than more than likely to commit a crime, they have to be shown to already have committed a crime, and beyond a reasonable doubt. 

also the amendment doesn't limit machine guns or nukes or grenade launchers and such, if we are being strict about it all that stuff should be legal. and like i said, criminals should be able to have guns too, even in jail. of course that's ridiculous. 

we can have statutory rights to a gun. that way the legislature has more control. otherwise you give judges and other unelected schmucks too much power. it can be clear someone shouldn't have a gun, but the rules to get the guns away are too onerous. 
    Zombieguy1987
  • linate said:
    @Zombieguy1987

also the amendment doesn't limit machine guns or nukes or grenade launchers and such, if we are being strict about it all that stuff should be legal. and like i said, criminals should be able to have guns too, even in jail. of course that's ridiculous. 

The ownership of a gun is a United State held in Constitution as a common defense. The limitations on object would be set upon a common connection made by a burden of lethal force. In the United State that holds atomic weapons no one person holds the powers of a Nuclear attack alone. So, it is not legally addressable as a common defense to the general welfare of people in application of lethal force.

In basic principle the 2nd Amendment is really the First Amendment on the United States Constitutions 1st Amendment. The argument made with petition of grievance by legislation is on a state of the union made with basic principle of assemblies. Stating that an assembly brought together as Armed Militia for the purpose of regulation of improved abilities as a group is outside the normal scope of equal burden of lethal force made by the Constitutions 1st Amendment.

It can be argued by state of the union address that the whole bill of rights are Amendments on the 1st Amendment not Constitutional Amendments by each of their united state.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    https://www-kiro7-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.kiro7.com/amp/news/local/developing-seattle-police-respond-to-possible-shooting/948345719?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFCAGgAQI=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/developing-seattle-police-respond-to-possible-shooting/948345719 

Local

"1 killed, 2 injured after shooting in Seattle's Central District"

"One person was killed and two people were injured in a shooting in Seattle's Central District neighborhood Friday afternoon, police said. 

Shortly after 3 p.m., investigators said one suspect shot at a group of people in the 2100 block of East Union Street.

Police said the victims drove to Swedish Hospital."

"One died, and two others were in satisfactory condition at Harborview Medical Center.

Police did not immediately release a suspect description. 

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call 206-233-5000.

Investigators said the gang unit was doing an ongoing emphasis patrol in that neighborhood and other neighborhoods affected by gun violence.

See time-stamped updates below.  

4:52 p.m.: Police gave a briefing and said they did not have a suspect description to release.

Three victims -- the man in his 20s, the man in his 40s and a third victim who died -- were shot shortly after 3 p.m. They were driven in a car with two other people to Swedish's Cherry Hill campus. 

The two people who survived were taken to Harborview Medical Center, where they were in satisfactory condition."

These types shootings, are a daily occurrence. 

But leave the Second Amendment, unamended, it's 18th century language, getting abused, by the 21 century actions, of some of the lawful, and the unlawful gun owners? 

Zombieguy1987
  • These types shootings, are a daily occurrence. 

But leave the Second Amendment, unamended, it's 18th century language, getting abused, by the 21 century actions, of some of the lawful, and the unlawful gun owners? 

Yes, leave the 2nd Amendment alone the basic principle does not address the use of lethal force directly. The first question is how to share the burden of lethal force equally?

Lethal force is a united state addressing the crime of imposed death. This is a basic principle.

• Basic principle. When people are shot every day it is in part due to the fact return fire is not a deterrent. A status of ownership of gun and a status of lethal force can be managed and separated effectively by Constitutional principle in the public. The overall cost is made on principles which delegate the burdens of lethal force to others only in civil court. A change of Direction may be required to make constitutional effort to stop the abuse of lethal force. This means the gun is alienated by legislation and law as thorough as possible.