frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are humans all one race? Have alleged racial differences actually served humanity?

Debate Information

I believe humans are all one race. This is a religious issue for me. Wjat I means is Acts 17:26 says that God hath made from one blood ALL the nations of men to dwell upon ALL of the face of the earth. I also believe we all come from Adam, and since I don't believe in evolution, we HAVE to be one collective human race. Alleged racial differences? Are you kidding me? How has racial separatism served us exactly? I just don't CARE about skin, hair, or eye color. Why should I? All humans are EQUALLY God's creation.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Well, what you 'believe' is not very relevant from the scientific point of view. A race is a pretty specific construct which does have pretty specific consequences. For example, the vast majority of top basketball players are people of the African ancestry, and simultaneously their height distribution has outliers much higher than those in any other race.

It is another matter that a race means nothing as far as one's individuality goes. Being a certain race puts you in a more favorable random number generation pool in some regards, and in a less favorable one in others - but what outcome you receive and, more importantly, what you are going to do with it is up to you.

Treating people differently based on racial differences makes little sense. It is much like treating people with long and with short hair differently: it does not have any positive functions and only alienates people from each other.

Me, I do not care about what you look like, what your genetics are, what your voice is like, etc. I do not even care that much about what you do with your life, whether you have any addictions, etc. What I care about is what kind of a person you are. I like people that stand out in some way, that differ from the norm, that are not afraid to do what they think is right in the face of opposition and skepticism. If you have done something that everyone thought was insane - then we already have a common ground. But if you are just a part of the "grey mass", people who just go about their lives and do not care about anything - then you are of zero interest to me.
    YeshuaBoughtZombieguy1987
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar You are very racist to deny the FACT that we are all one human race.
    Zombieguy1987
    @MayCaesar Blocked.
    Zombieguy1987
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar Blocked.

You sound like an SJW... blocking people you don't agree with and then calling them racist with no evidence what so ever....

YeshuaBought
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    @Zombieguy1987 Blocked and reported for trolling and being off topic. I am a centrist, not a liberal, and if you deny the FACT that we are all one human race, you really are a racist.
    Zombieguy1987
    @Zombieguy1987 Blocked and reported for trolling and being off topic. I am a centrist, not a liberal, and if you deny the FACT that we are all one human race, you really are a racist.

You're proving my point right now...

You're blocking and reporting people for pointing out your hypocrisy and no, I wasn't trolling. 

@Zombieguy1987 What a you are. If you don't like being called a racist, don't be racist. You were never raped by a racist.
    Zombieguy1987
    @Zombieguy1987 What a you are. If you don't like being called a racist, don't be racist. You were never raped by a racist.

Oh, so now you're pulling the "you're a racist, because you don't agree with me" card.

Dee
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

Racism is a theory of superiority of some races over other races. I do not follow that theory; I do not believe that one's race makes them inferior or superior (for that matter, I believe that superiority comes as a result of action, not inherent differences of any kind, racial ones being merely one tiny category). I do follow science, however, and science states that races are real biological entities and they do lead to objectively measurable physical differences.
    It is another matter that races are very complex. They are a continuum, not a finite group of categories. While we do talk about, say, the white race, in reality nobody really belongs to that race; it is an idealized category, a spherical cow in vacuum.

What your Bible says about races, and what rigorous science does, are two different things.
    Zombieguy1987
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

Wow ! So that’s that freedom of speech thing you keep bleating about in action , what a cowardly hypocrite you are ......You’re actually a ......Christian GT hell outta here 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987
    Wow ! She never stops bleating about freedom of speech what a hypocrite 
    Zombieguy1987
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

>You sound like an SJW... blocking people you don't agree with and then calling them racist with no evidence what so ever....

Sounds like someone you know well, and who you agreed with when they did the same thing.