frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Ransomware the new reality?

Debate Information

Cyber pirates hacked into Disney, stole an upcoming movie and are demanding ransom, company CEO Bob Iger said on Monday.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/15/cyber-crooks-demand-ransom-after-stealing-new-disney-movie/

Microsoft warns ransomware cyber-attack is a wake-up call
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39915440

They now even have ransomware as a service, where they make it easy for anyone to create ransomware and demand payments.  
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2017/03/17/ransomware-as-a-service-the-next-great-cyber-threat/#5c5b65224123

joecavalrykmelkevolution17
  1. Live Poll

Is Ransomware the new reality?

5 votes
    1. Yes - it will get even worth
      80.00%
    2. No
      20.00%
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
- Walt Disney

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Yes, it's getting really crazy.  Now with bitcoins, it makes is really easy to demand payments anonymously and a great way for criminals to monetize their hacking.  Their ROI is going through the roof, with mature ecosystems developing.  It is scary.
    joecavalrylove2debate
    Live Long and Prosper
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    This is why people need to update to the news test windows software version.
    love2debate
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I am going to have to say no, that Ransomware is not the new technology because CIA agents are already working to find a solution because, to be honest, I find this software pretty dangerous because it can result in cyber attacks and valuable information can be leaked to the cyber attackers which I find very dangerous and risky. Only because of this danger, I find that it could end up getting taken down or all of the servers taken down because I find this software dangerous. 
    kmelkevolution17
  • kmelkevolution17kmelkevolution17 95 Pts   -  
    I agree with @averyapro .