frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

As World is getting smaller, will we converge to one primary language in the next 200 years?

Debate Information

Different languages exist as World was isolated and there were isolated countries, tribes, and communities.  As the World is getting smaller and smaller, the dialects converge, and there is a trend towards standardized common language. English currently seems to be a front runner.
As technology advances, and we may one day get something similar to StarTrek Universal Translator, will we eventually converge to one primary language?
  1. Live Poll

will we converge to one primary language in the next 200 years?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
      25.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I think we will.  We may get there even sooner than 200 years.  Different languages will still surely exist, but a common language will likely be universally understood.  Additional trend is machine learning, we may likely have machines talk to each other in english- like language, since many data sets AI will use to learn are in english are already. I expect AI to be fully proficient in English language within next 10 years.
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    No, i don't think so.  If you are implying a main language for the world, It already exists 'English'.  
    If you are saying all languages will die out, And there will be one left. I disagree.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    @Logic, I think the key is one primary language. If so, English is already half way there, but it is not yet universally understood.
    With time that comvergence will happem, and there will be less and less incentive for kids not to learn English as primary language.