frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is the Jesus of the Bible different than the Jesus of the Quran?

Debate Information

I say yes. The Bible says Jesus is God, and the Quran says otherwise.
IdolRocks

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• mickygmickyg 349 Pts   -  
    no both jesus of quran and jesus of bible are the same..NEITHER EXISTED AS A MAN ON EARTH
    Zombieguy1987Neopesdom
    IF JESUS IS GOD...how come he did not KNOW when the end would come?@YeshuaBought
    Zombieguy1987
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @mickyg

For the same reason Trump doesn't run his companies right now. He voluntarily gave up the power.

God's power is not like your sense of hearing, that is automatically on all the time and uncontrollable.

God is in complete control of all his powers at all times, and can know or not know as He wills.

There is a verse that explains it, but I won't burden you by posting it as you seem totally convinced of your opinion already.
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
    seriously?Your god doesn't know everything?>@ethang5
    Your god gave up the power to know things?So god forgets things?How can it be all knowing?@ethang5
    @mickyg

God is in complete control of all his powers at all times, and can know or not know as He wills.

>seriously?Your god doesn't know everything?

Depends. Do you seriously think I said that God doesn't know everything?

>Your god gave up the power to know things?

Did you understand the analogy with Trump giving up running his companies while he is president? It seems you didn't.

>So god forgets things?

I don't know. Do you think I said He forgets things?

>How can it be all knowing?

Sorry, I don't see why God couldn't be "all knowing". It would help if you did not assume your opinions were established facts.

And please, I answer only for what I say, not for what you assume.
    Did jesus know 5000 years ago that he would be asked when the end would come?Trump is a pathetiic human being.The worst kind.It is hilarious thatb you picked him to compare god.ANYWAY you are saying god uses same logic as trump?@ethang5
    A being doesn't give up knowledge.It forgets or never knew.@ethang5

Did jesus know 5000 years ago that he would be asked when the end would come?

Sure.

>Trump is a pathetiic human being.

Must be why he's a billionaire and President while you're a militant with poor English grammar on the internet. 

>The worst kind.

What's the best kind? You?

>It is hilarious thatb you picked him to compare god.

It was an analogy, not a comparison.

>ANYWAY you are saying god uses same logic as trump?

No.

>A being doesn't give up knowledge. It forgets or never knew.

When did you enshrine that into law?
    So jesus knew 500 years ago he would be asked when the end would come  and then what?FORGOT? OR..LIED?@ethang5
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    mickyg said Jesus never existed as a man on Earth. I don't know where he got that "fact", even "I" don't know that! ;-)
    I'm convinced that he likely DID exist … as a man on Earth. In the Bible (NT) he's the "Son of God" … also a few other entities … a busy man, in the Qur'an, the secondary prophet. In my mind, he was, likely, a charismatic MAN with a following, and, some new, liberal ideas. 
    I believe in his alleged "teachings", mostly because they're mostly common sense and mostly keep one out of trouble. Not a bad thing.

IF … I'm correct, I'm glad he was around. As an atheist I can't go along with the myths and miracles. Even today we call some things "miracles". We understand a lot more about how things happen today, so are less into the "OMG" way of understanding, and so fewer thing turn into myths. I think there WAS a Jesus, a LOT was written about him. A lot was imagined in the OMG realm about him. We can read fiction, think about it, even learn from it, still, you can't convince me that Superman is REAL.
    The gospels are anonymous.The roman catholoic church admits this.
     The Universal and Apostolic Roman Catholic Church even admits that the anonymously written Gospels, “Do not go back to the 1st century of the Christian era.” ~Catholic Encyclopedia, Farley ed., vol. vi, p. 137, pp. 655-6.

There is no mention of the very existence of the gospels until 160ad,Paul never saw jesus on earthy.
    @AlofRI
    @mickyg

>So jesus knew 500 years ago he would be asked when the end would come  and then what?

Your implication seems to be Jesus had to answer. What makes you think that? He was asked. So what?

>FORGOT? OR..LIED?

Jesus said He did not know. Why can't you accept His answer? Why don't you just ask why He said He didn't know if you are confused about why He said so?

Your knowledge is too low for you to be so militant.
    JESUS said he did not know.How can a god not know .@ethang5
    IdolRocks
    YOU said my knowledge is low???????????//When you gonna post evidence of the existence of the gospels before 160ad.Now I know how scared of me you are but don't worry .I will only LAUGH at your sloppy reply.@ethang5
    @mickyg

>YOU said my knowledge is low???????????//

I was being generous.

>When you gonna post evidence of the existence of the gospels before 160ad.

I explained to you in one of the other threads. Look for it.

>Now I know how scared of me you are but don't worry .I will only LAUGH at your sloppy reply.

I left grade school probably longer ago than you've been alive. Feel free to laugh, I'll live.

>JESUS said he did not know. How can a god not know

You really are too dumb to be so militant. Calm down.

God is omnipotent. He knows all things. What does God not know?

OK. Pop quiz (your education begins now)

In Isa 44:8 , God says - Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

So, do you think when God says "I know not any", God is saying that He is not omnipotent, or that another God doesn't exist?

I will assume you have at least 2 working brain cells and say you think God is saying another God does not exist.

See, God knows real things, not things that don't exist. So If Jesus was asked for a date when the world would end, and that date had not yet been decided, how could He know? 

Jesus was not indicating a gap in His knowledge, but a gap in reality. The date requested did not exist.

Though atheists hate it, God can only do logical things. As He says, He is not the God of confusion.
    If jesus is god how could he not know everything.You are quite a simple thing.@ethang5
    WELL .Your ISAIAH verse says that god does not know any ..not that there aren't any.This verse supports me dumbass.Perhaps your god forgot about PHAROAH'S priests turning rods into snakes .Or did the priests do this and not ytheir gods.@ethang5
    @mickyg

>If jesus is god how could he not know everything.

He only knows what exists. He cannot know what doesn't exist.

>You are quite a simple thing.

I am, as are most common sense things.
    Jesus can't know what does not exist?Hey..that is the same as 7 billion people on earth.WOW..@ethang5
    When you going to answer my question s chickenshit.?@ethang5
    >WELL .

Punctuation would help you.

>Your ISAIAH verse says that god does not know any ..not that there aren't any.

Just like Jesus saying He does not know. Yet you can understand the verse in Isaiah but not the one in the gospels. Why?

>This verse supports me dumbass.

How? You asked, If Jesus is god, how could he not know everything? I showed you. Getting angry and cursing will not make you right.

>Perhaps your god forgot about PHAROAH'S priests turning rods into snakes .

Stay on topic now. I know you young people love your recreational ......substances, but those things ruin your attention span.

>Or did the priests do this and not their gods.

Calm down and think. It will only hurt for a second.

>Jesus can't know what does not exist? Hey..that is the same as 7 billion people on earth. WOW

Do you expect Him to know what doesn't exist? Why? Do you expect Him to share no characteristics with us? Why?

You think as if your brains are scrambled eggs. (And in a way they probably are) Anyway, now you should know how Jesus can be God and say He doesn't know something.

Do you feel smarter?

>When you going to answer my question s chickenshit.

I told you. I answered it where you asked it. If you are going to blurt questions wherever you are, then be prepared to find your answers where you blurted.

If you don't care to look, I don't care to repeat my answer.

I only educate the worthy.
    I noticed you did not explain the magic of pharoahs priests.@ethang5
    i have never seen someone admit that their god does not know all.Perhaps you could tell us what makes your god ,god,@ethang5
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    This debate site is becoming a war zone. Religion will do that. So many gods, so many books and scrolls, so little peace. Seems like it goes on …. forever.

"Nature intended me for the tranquil pursuits of science by rendering them my "supreme light"."  Thomas Jefferson

"Belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man". Thomas Paine
    Plaffelvohfenmickyg
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    This debate site is becoming a war zone. 
    Lack of moderation tend to do that...  :/ 
    AlofRI
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @mickyg

>i have never seen someone admit that their god does not know all.

Probably because very few  think you'd be dense enough to have to be told that God cannot know nonexistent things.

>Perhaps you could tell us what makes your god ,god,

What do you think makes God, God? Because it certainly cannot be the irrational, "He must know things that don't exist."

>I noticed you did not explain the magic of pharoahs priests.

Nothing gets by you does it?

You don't listen well so perk up.

You aren't boss. Theists aren't here for your interrogation. No one has to answer you, especially when you're rude and obnoxious.

You want your questions answered?
    Stop being a jerk.
    Answer questions yourself.
    Ask questions that are on topic

If you have off topic questions, make a thread, no one is obligated to answer every scatter brained question you blurt out with your childish insults.

Have a nice day.
  • billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    its all made up rubbish so who cares?
    Neopesdom
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

@billbatard

>its all made up rubbish so who cares?

Certain not you.

Those who care are out living their lives. 

Lol
  • billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    @ethang5 then why are not you taking your own advice?
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

>then why are not you taking your own advice?

What advice would that be?

Like you, I may not care either, that's probably why I'm not out living my life.

But notice that unlike you, I did not claim not to care while posting here.
    yes its true .ETHANG IS RUNNING..@ethang5
    @Plaffelvohfen

>Lack of moderation tend to do that...  

This site is moderated, I have spoken to the moderator and know instances of him moderating.
    @mickyg

>yes its true .ETHANG IS RUNNING

If that were true, you wouldn't have to tell anyone.

The board is public and we aren't posting in secret.

If I ever run from you, it would only be because of your smell.

If a theist did not want to address challenges, he simply wouldn't come here.

If you want your questions answered, stop being a jerk. No one has to do what you want, or tolerate your toxic personality.

You can't shame me, scare me, goad me, or confuse me. I am unmoved by appeals to the gallery or childish taunts.

You will get from me just what you invest. If you only want to be a troll, I can handle you. It's your choice
    YES its true.PAUL never says jesus is returning.Halways talks about the coming of jesus not coming back or returning.@ethang5
    THE gospels are anonymous.THE catholic church admits this .NAME ONE EYEWITNESS of Jesus.@ethang5
    YES ITS TRUE.This is a public board and everyone can see you are afraid to engage me.YOU saying I don't know anything is not backed up by your evasive replies.ONCE more for the slow class.HOW come no one even mentions the existence of the modern gospels until 160ad.@ethang5
    @mickyg

>YES ITS TRUE.

As everything I say is.

>This is a public board and everyone can see you are afraid to engage me.

If everyone could see it, you wouldn't need to say it.

>YOU saying I don't know anything is not backed up by your evasive replies.

Your ignorant posts back up the fact that you don't know of what you speak.

>ONCE more for the slow class.

The slow class is a couple of classes above you.

:HOW come no one even mentions the existence of the modern gospels until 160ad.

You will not get a different answer by asking again. I want a dialog, not you grilling me. If you won't answer my questions, I won't answer yours. And I could not care less for whether you think I'm running.

It is obvious you are afraid of a debate, and want theists to simply answer your ignorant questions. I don't play that.

>NAME ONE EYEWITNESS of Jesus.

John.

>PAUL never says jesus is returning.He always talks about the coming of jesus not coming back or returning.

Lol. OK. There is an old saying that goes, "you can't fix ."
    ONCE AGAIN ETHINGY..show one time paul says jesus is returning.HOW long will this take?iTS BEEN DAYS SO FAR.@ethang5
    @mickyg

>ONCE AGAIN ETHINGY..show one time paul says jesus is returning.

Use more caps, maybe that will make me obey you. Worth a try no?

>HOW long will this take?

How long will it take you to grow a brain?

>iTS BEEN DAYS SO FAR.

Your atrocious English makes it feel like longer. 

Like all moron atheists, you've been fooled into thinking you can bark out orders.

No matter how dense you are, you will learn that you aren't boss, and no one needs to do what you want.

You act like a jerk, you get treated like a jerk. 24/7

When you're ready to talk, you will smart up. Until then, your ignorance gets placed center stage.
    YES ITS TRUE.The gospels are anonymous and don't appear in history until 160ad.ETHINGY here is the typical christian.A runner.Paul said jesus was not on earth so how could jesus return ?@ethang5
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    ethang5 said:
    @Plaffelvohfen

>Lack of moderation tend to do that...  

This site is moderated, I have spoken to the moderator and know instances of him moderating.
    It's lacking, not absent... Often I find there's a kindergarten ambiance here, too much ad hominem, horribly fallacious arguments and plain nonsensical posts... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @Plaffelvohfen

All true, but mods are not supposed to be QA. They are only to enforce the rules.

As long as the board is public and 15 year olds have access to the internet, we will have a kindergarten ambiance here, too much ad hominem, horribly fallacious arguments and plain nonsensical posts... 

The cost of freedom.
    @mickyg

>Paul said jesus was not on earth so how could jesus return ?

By moving from where He was to Earth.

You find that concept challenging? Lol
    Paul said jesus was not on earth.So how can he return?He can come because he was not on earth but he cn't come back to where even paul said he never was.@ethang5
    You know what school yard debating actually is?Its where someone runs from the debate.ONCE AGAIN how come no one even mentions the gospels until justin martyr in 160ad?
    @ethang5
    @mickyg ;

Paul said jesus was not on earth so how could jesus return ?

I answered you goober. Asking again will not produce a different answer.

Like all moron atheists, you've been fooled into thinking you can bark out orders.

No matter how dense you are, you will learn that you aren't boss, and no one needs to do what you want.

You act like a jerk, you get treated like a jerk. 24/7

When you're ready to talk, you will smart up. Until then, your ignorance gets placed center stage.
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -   edited March 2019
    @mickyg

>You know what school yard debating actually is?

Where the atheist asks all the questions? I left school long ago. Go find a kid who wants you to grill him. It isn't me.

>Its where someone runs from the debate.

First there has to be a debate homer. A debate is not you asking questions and dodging mine.

>ONCE AGAIN how come no one even mentions the gospels until justin martyr in 160ad?

You can ask till your IQ goes above 72, and you still will get no answers as long as you are dodging my questions.

You will learn.
    I ASKED you first wayyy back@ethang5
    PAUL said jesus was never on earth.Pauls jesus was a MYSTERY god.A common fixation at the time
    Paul never says jesus will return because PAUL said he was never on earth.Greeks mistook PAULS messiah as an historical person.The gospels written in greek make so many mistakes about JUDAISM and jewish custom that is just a cosmic joke.SAY how many guys named jesus was  there in first century judea?@ethang5