frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Evolution Real?

Debate Information

Do you think that evolution is real?
Zombieguy1987DeeAlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    And where's your evidence that creationism is true then?
    DeeAlofRI
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

@calebsica

Making a statement with nothing to back it up is not the way to encourage debate. Evolution is accepted as fact,  there is mountains of evidence to support it and not one alternative theory that can even challenge it. Incidentally if by some chance the whole theory was disproven it still wouldn’t prove there was a god.
    Zombieguy1987AlofRIEvidenceih8shartsErfisflat
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    We can conclude that evolution is true because we have studied our DNA, and the DNA of other species that are similar to draw a conclusion that we have evolved from a common ancestor.
    Zombieguy1987AlofRIEvidenceErfisflat
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • calebsicacalebsica 95 Pts   -  
    We do have some similarities because some mammals also have blood but there is so many differences that evolution could not have happened.Zombieguy1987 said:
    We are debating Evolution, not creationism
    Zombieguy1987AlofRIErfisflat
    calebsica said:
    We do have some similarities because some mammals also have blood but there is so many differences that evolution could not have happened.Zombieguy1987 said:
    We are debating Evolution, not creationism

If you’re denying Evolution, then prove why creationism is true.

@calebsica
    “...because some mammals have blood...” what? Thats not an argument! All animals have blood! DNA and blood are two different things! Maybe you should go back to 7th grade biology?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    calebsica said:
    We do have some similarities because some mammals also have blood but there is so many differences that evolution could not have happened.
    Over a period of many hundreds millions years serious differences are bound to appear. That it "could not have happened" seems to be an emotional judgment. But science is not concerned with emotions, it is concerned with the truth.

Also, what do you mean by "some mammals also have blood"? All mammals have blood. By the very definition, mammals are a sub-group of warm-blooded animals.
    Zombieguy1987PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
    Sorry about the blood typo. First, the earth is around 6000 years old, not billions. and yes simarlarities point to a common designer, not a common ancestor because there is no evidence for a common ancestor. Please show me some evidence if you have any!
    Thanks
    PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987AlofRIEvidenceErfisflat
  • AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    @calebsica Promise that you won't just deny all of the evidence that I present and I just might have the courtesy of posting the link to the wikipedia page for evolution here. Yeah, I would do that for you.
    PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987EvidenceErfisflat
    if I disagree with it I will give you evidence why the evidence is not valid. I will not just say." that's not true without giving you evidence"
    @calebsica
    I have yet to see your credible evidence
    Zombieguy1987DeeEvidence
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @calebsica

Oh no! You’re a young Earth creationist I’ve never met one in real life as they’re practically nonexistent in Europe although it seems there are a fair few in the US.

You say .... First, the earth is around 6000 years old, not billions. 

My reply .....What method did you use to determine  the age of the Earth?

You say .....and yes simarlarities point to a common designer

My reply ....Where is your proof for a “common designer”

You say ......not a common ancestor because there is no evidence for a common ancestor. 

My reply ....Their is a vast amount of evidence actually to support our common ancestry, to deny such is to deny an astonishing amount of different fields in the scientific world ........

The most powerful evidence for common descent includes:

• Anatomical homologies — Throughout the domains of life, organisms show a distinct pattern of constraints based on homology in development and construction of the body. For example, tetrapods have five digits because the ancestor of tetrapods had five digits. When a tetrapod does not seem to have five obvious digits, a review of their development shows that they start development with five and that they fuse together later to form fewer numbers.

• DNA and RNA code — Almost all organisms use the same three-letter code for translating RNA into proteins. There are variations, such as the code used by mitochondria and some bacteria and fungi, but the differences are only minor. Regardless of the slight differences, all organisms use the same coding mechanism for translating the code into amino acid sequences.

• Endogenous retroviral insertions — Ancient retroviruses inserted inactivated viral genes into genomes. For a retrovirus to be inherited in all members of a species, a series of highly improbable events must occur. The virus must insert into a gamete cell and it must mutate so it is inactive. That gamete cell must be used to make an embryo that lives to reproduce and whose genome fixates into the population at random location in the genome. This rare event is usually species specific.

• Pseudogenes — Shared errors are a powerful argument for a common source. If two books describe the same concept in similar language, it's possible they just both converged on the same wording. However, if they both share the same grammar or spelling errors it becomes improbable to assume that they did not derive from a common source. There are genes that no longer code for a protein due to a mutation or error. Species often share the same pseudogene with the same inactivating mutation. A famous example of this is the L-gulonolactone oxidase that synthesizes vitamin C. All simians including humans share one pseudogene of inactivated L-gulonolactone oxidase, but the guinea pig has a different pseudogene indicating a different mutation.

• Embryology — The pharyngula stage of embryonic development appears to be highly conserved. At this stage, it is difficult to tell the difference between various vertebrate species. This conserved state screams common ancestry, and the field of evolutionary development has expanded our knowledge of developmental genes and their consequent embryo ontogeny to amazing levels of detail, all thanks to acknowledging common descent.

• Chromosome fusion — Gene fusion or chromosome fusion is when two chromosomes are spliced together. As an example, chimpanzees have one more chromosome than humans do. If the two species share a common ancestor, scientists should be able to figure out what happened to that chromosome. Researchers have found that chromosome 2 in humans is actually the fusion of two separate chimpanzee chromosomes. At the end of each chromosome is a marker called a telomere, which usually appears only on the ends. In human chromosome 2 it also appears in the center, marking where the two ends fused.

• Convergence — The phylogenetic trees constructed using anatomical homology, DNA homology, pseudogenes, endogenous retroviral insertions, and many other methods all converge on a similar looking tree. There are slight differences but the general relationships of the trees are intact. If any of these methods were flawed, they would not converge on the same tree.

• Uniqueness — The complex, predictive patterns of similarities and differences in the world of life have have a unique known explanation — no one has even hypothesized an alternative account for the patterns exhibited — either there is common descent or there is something which is somehow simulating common descent.

Here are the branches of science you’re ignoring all because you’re a biblical literalist who would sooner believe in nonsense that has  not one jot of proof for its many claims 

The branches of science you have to ignore to believe in young Earth creationism are numerous—containing practically all of known science—but most notably these sciences are biology (the theory of evolution and palaeontology), astronomy (starlight problem), geology (volcanic formation, sedimentation, plate tectonics), archaeology (historic development of ancient civilizations), dendrochronology (tree-ring dating), and physics (radiometric dating).

AmericanFurryBoyZombieguy1987AlofRIEvidence
    The DNA in a single cell is more complex than the space shuttle. Do you think that thing that complex? and the chances of the amino acids in a single cell coming by chance is  1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.
    not very good chances. In Macroevolution, you need mutations which is a loss of information not new information. Since it is a loss of information almost every mutation is harmful.  
    Zombieguy1987DeeAlofRIEvidence
    Evolutionist say that each layer takes millions of years to form but there are some tree's fossilized standing up. I don't think it stayed standing up for millions of years.
    Zombieguy1987DeeAlofRIEvidence
    @calebsica
    I have yet to see your credible evidence

Thats because if he gave evidence, it’d likely be refuted and then he’d get triggered and say “But muh god!”

Evidence
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    @calebsica

"I don't think" is not a very strong scientific argument. I did not think of Casimir effect until I found its explanation in one of the physics books; I do understand it now.

You should try thinking in a bit more concrete terms, than what your gut feelings say.
    Zombieguy1987Evidence
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    The only thing pointing to creation is a Bible written in the age of mythology, and theology, little difference IMO.

Pointing to evolution we have multiple sciences and stacks of evidence backed up by years of study of thousands of learned students of those sciences.

To me it just brings credence to the saying:
    Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how many clever moves you come up with, the pigeon will knock over all the pieces and on the board.

PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987Evidence
    @calebsica
    If they are that complicated then how did your god create then?
    DeeZombieguy1987
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    The only thing pointing to creation is a Bible written in the age of mythology, and theology, little difference IMO.

Pointing to evolution we have multiple sciences and stacks of evidence backed up by years of study of thousands of learned students of those sciences.

To me it just brings credence to the saying:
    Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how many clever moves you come up with, the pigeon will knock over all the pieces and on the board.

@AlofRI ; So looking at the billions of creations man made over the years don't give you a clue that maybe there is a Creator like us who created all these things that we didn't!?

How about use your brains and think, like: Hmm, .. you know what, since the beginning of recorded history, not one scientist has ever witnessed one specific species evolve into a different species, yet Evolutionists swear that all life is evolving as we speak, and have been evolving for millions and billions of years. Every animal, every bacteria, all from the amoeba to human been evolving for millions and billions of years, yet no one has EVER witnessed one species morph, evolve, give birth, mutate into another specific species, .. not One."

But they keep saying evolution happens. Well if millions and billions of years is not enough time to see one speciation happen, then obviously it NEVER happened.

Oh wait, Hold The Phone, … I just dropped off a dried up vestigial organ, so I guess I really am evolving, .. my apologies.
    Wait, ..now what's this? I just noticed I have been growing three new limbs, just shown up after 2.5 billion years of evolving, do you guys have that too? Or since I grew up on another tectonic plate, and ate different sausages,  I may be growing different organs than you guys? This is cool, .. they all three are growing on my back! I wonder what they will be? Maybe two more arms, and an eye, .. that would be soooo helpful!

Oh my, now I'm worried, because I keep tossing and turning at night, … what if they break off, or grow all weird on me because we wear clothes now, not walk around naked in the dark caves like we used to!? Oh well, if our prehistoric ancestors could grow our four, I mean six extremities for billions of years, from a tiny bud like mine, to full two arms and leggs without braking them off at night in bed, than I can too!

Question for evolutionists? Since these new organs are growing on me, will I pass these on to my children? You know, when my wife has our kids, will they have these same budding organs on their backs too? And their kids and so on for the next million or so years, each time a teeny-tiny bit bigger and taking more shape generation after generation?

Well @calebsica  I guess this proves evolution is happening, and God does not exist!

Hey buddy AlofRI, go and check what's growing on you? Does a couple of places on the back of your head itch a lot? Don't scratch it, they could be two eyes evolving on the back of your head, wouldn't that be cool!? Of course we won't know this for at least another 60-70 generations, but who cares, this proves evolution, right?

I love debating Globetard's, especially their comprehension of science, .. it's hilarious.
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
    @AmericanFurryBoy Ok, The claim that we do not see speciesationis false. we have  species a Goldendoodle and others. You do not gain genetic information when you have a mutation, you lose information which deproves evolution because that is the only way to evolve. having different  species is not evolving, it is adapting. I don't see an argument in the most@AmericanFurryBoy
    The dating methods don't work
    Zombieguy1987
    Dee said:
    @calebsica

Oh no! You’re a young Earth creationist I’ve never met one in real life as they’re practically nonexistent in Europe although it seems there are a fair few in the US.

You say .... First, the earth is around 6000 years old, not billions. 

My reply .....What method did you use to determine  the age of the Earth?

You say .....and yes simarlarities point to a common designer

My reply ....Where is your proof for a “common designer”

You say ......not a common ancestor because there is no evidence for a common ancestor. 

My reply ....Their is a vast amount of evidence actually to support our common ancestry, to deny such is to deny an astonishing amount of different fields in the scientific world ........

The most powerful evidence for common descent includes:

• Anatomical homologies — Throughout the domains of life, organisms show a distinct pattern of constraints based on homology in development and construction of the body. For example, tetrapods have five digits because the ancestor of tetrapods had five digits. When a tetrapod does not seem to have five obvious digits, a review of their development shows that they start development with five and that they fuse together later to form fewer numbers.

• DNA and RNA code — Almost all organisms use the same three-letter code for translating RNA into proteins. There are variations, such as the code used by mitochondria and some bacteria and fungi, but the differences are only minor. Regardless of the slight differences, all organisms use the same coding mechanism for translating the code into amino acid sequences.

• Endogenous retroviral insertions — Ancient retroviruses inserted inactivated viral genes into genomes. For a retrovirus to be inherited in all members of a species, a series of highly improbable events must occur. The virus must insert into a gamete cell and it must mutate so it is inactive. That gamete cell must be used to make an embryo that lives to reproduce and whose genome fixates into the population at random location in the genome. This rare event is usually species specific.

• Pseudogenes — Shared errors are a powerful argument for a common source. If two books describe the same concept in similar language, it's possible they just both converged on the same wording. However, if they both share the same grammar or spelling errors it becomes improbable to assume that they did not derive from a common source. There are genes that no longer code for a protein due to a mutation or error. Species often share the same pseudogene with the same inactivating mutation. A famous example of this is the L-gulonolactone oxidase that synthesizes vitamin C. All simians including humans share one pseudogene of inactivated L-gulonolactone oxidase, but the guinea pig has a different pseudogene indicating a different mutation.

• Embryology — The pharyngula stage of embryonic development appears to be highly conserved. At this stage, it is difficult to tell the difference between various vertebrate species. This conserved state screams common ancestry, and the field of evolutionary development has expanded our knowledge of developmental genes and their consequent embryo ontogeny to amazing levels of detail, all thanks to acknowledging common descent.

• Chromosome fusion — Gene fusion or chromosome fusion is when two chromosomes are spliced together. As an example, chimpanzees have one more chromosome than humans do. If the two species share a common ancestor, scientists should be able to figure out what happened to that chromosome. Researchers have found that chromosome 2 in humans is actually the fusion of two separate chimpanzee chromosomes. At the end of each chromosome is a marker called a telomere, which usually appears only on the ends. In human chromosome 2 it also appears in the center, marking where the two ends fused.

• Convergence — The phylogenetic trees constructed using anatomical homology, DNA homology, pseudogenes, endogenous retroviral insertions, and many other methods all converge on a similar looking tree. There are slight differences but the general relationships of the trees are intact. If any of these methods were flawed, they would not converge on the same tree.

• Uniqueness — The complex, predictive patterns of similarities and differences in the world of life have have a unique known explanation — no one has even hypothesized an alternative account for the patterns exhibited — either there is common descent or there is something which is somehow simulating common descent.

Here are the branches of science you’re ignoring all because you’re a biblical literalist who would sooner believe in nonsense that has  not one jot of proof for its many claims 

The branches of science you have to ignore to believe in young Earth creationism are numerous—containing practically all of known science—but most notably these sciences are biology (the theory of evolution and palaeontology), astronomy (starlight problem), geology (volcanic formation, sedimentation, plate tectonics), archaeology (historic development of ancient civilizations), dendrochronology (tree-ring dating), and physics (radiometric dating).

Amazing how closely scientists been observing evolution like For example, you say: tetrapods have five digits because the ancestor of tetrapods had five digits. When a tetrapod does not seem to have five obvious digits, a review of their development shows that they start development with five and that they fuse together later to form fewer numbers. The question is, has any evolution-scientists observed the actual fusing? I mean it's been billions of years, how much more time do they need before the scientists can actually see them fuse?

@Dee said  ....Their is a vast amount of evidence actually to support our common ancestry, to deny such is to deny an astonishing amount of different fields in the scientific world ........ 

So is the "common ancestor" a species, and does each of the 8,000,000 different species on earth have a "common ancestor"? Where are they?
    Are they the ones in the dirt, or in the graves evolving as we speak? You know, like in the form of fossils?
    Zombieguy1987DeeAlofRI
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Evidence

You really need to read a book or two apart from the Bile if you want some pertinent information , or simply try google you could start with common descent and work through it slowly ......
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
    The chances of a single protien in a cell to be made by chance is 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Zombieguy1987PlaffelvohfenDeeAlofRI
    @calebsica
    Youre actually
    Zombieguy1987Dee
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    Zombieguy1987
    Thanks for the encoragment!
    Zombieguy1987
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  
    calebsica said:
    What happens in the video below is by definition called evolution.

AmericanFurryBoyZombieguy1987AlexOlandEvidenceAlofRI
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

You really need to read a book or two apart from the Bile if you want some pertinent information , or simply try google you could start with common descent and work through it slowly ......

Science is observation, documentation, .. and no Book on "common descent" claims they observed one species evolve/change/morph/mutate or give birth to another, separate different species, not one.

If it happened a billion years ago, it should be happening right now with eight million different species evolving as we speak. And according to Evolution, they have been evolving for millions and even billions of years. Eight million species that have been evolving for billions of years, yet none of the millions of scientists has ever seen speciation, or what they call macro evolution, where one species turns into a completely different species!?
    Explain that?

Bacteria, moths, cats, dogs, horses and pigeons remain what God created them as: cat's dogs, horses etc. after their own kind, never changing into another completely distinct species.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited March 2019
    @Evidence

But evolution is happening as we speak ......from phys
     .org 

You seem to want to observe  Evolution happening in a day to day fashion and note the differences when it’s over long periods of time change is noticeable, tell me when did Latin evolve into Italian on what specific day? Or what day does a man go bald on? This is the type of question you’re asking and it makes little sense.

Increased height

According to a recent study, the Dutch have increased their height by 20 centimetres over the past 150 years.

The common thinking was that it had to do with improved lifestyle—things like rising wealth, a healthy diet and good healthcare systems. But this new study points to another reason: evolution.

"The main findings were that taller men had on average more children than shorter men in the Netherlands. These results are in contrast to findings in the US, where shorter women and average height men seem to have most children," said Gert Stulp of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, who led the study.

The findings are a good example of evolution in action. "Given the findings in the Netherlands, there is some support for the idea that the Dutch have become so tall not only because of environmental reasons (such as high-quality care, good nutrition, low inequality) but also because of natural selection favouring taller heights," Gert said.

But Gert is quick to explain that, while there is an observable evolutionary role, environmental factors are likely to play an important role too.

"This study drives home the message that the human population is still subject to natural selection," said Stephen Stearns, an evolutionary biologist at Yale University in a recent news report. "It strikes at the core of our understanding of human nature and how malleable it is."

These are all just a few examples of recent human evolution, but others are around. Like our ability to digest milk, which evolved just a few thousand years ago, or our inability to produce vitamin C, which is due to a mutation that occurred long ago. So, just wonder, how will we evolve in a few thousand years?

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-05-evolving.html#jCp
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

Science is observation, documentation, .. and no Book on "common descent" claims they observed one species evolve/change/morph/mutate or give birth to another, separate different species, not one.

If it happened a billion years ago, it should be happening right now with eight million different species evolving as we speak. And according to Evolution, they have been evolving for millions and even billions of years. Eight million species that have been evolving for billions of years, yet none of the millions of scientists has ever seen speciation, or what they call macro evolution, where one species turns into a completely different species!?
    Explain that?

Bacteria, moths, cats, dogs, horses and pigeons remain what God created them as: cat's dogs, horses etc. after their own kind, never changing into another completely distinct species.

We have seen animals change into another completely distinct species.

Sheep are a different species from the wild animal that they were bred from.

Dr_Maybe said:
    Evidence said:
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

Explain that?

@Dr_Maybe What were they before, wolves? or "wild sheep"?
    Erfisflat
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:
    Dr_Maybe said:
    Evidence said:
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

Explain that?

Birds
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    @Evidence So you ask for an example showing a change from one species to another and when you are given this example, you say you are not satisfied because the new species is not different enough? Yes, wild sheep and the sheep of today have similarities. That, however, does not change the fact that they are two different species. 

The same goes for pigs, cows, cabbages, bananas... and so on. 

Evolution is inevitable. If there is variation and if there exists a competitive environment, evolution is the long-term logical consequence of this. You can also say that: "adaptation + time = evolution" (which is not completely true but it still kind of is. )
    Zombieguy1987
    That is micro evolution not macro

@calebsica macro evolution is the long-term consequence of micro evolution. 
    Zombieguy1987
    No, That is very different, animals might change species but they will never change into a different kind.
    Zombieguy1987
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -   edited March 2019
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Dr_Maybe said:
    Evidence said:
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

Explain that?

Birds
    HEY, my old buddy @Erfisflat is BACK!

How are you my friend?
     How's you new beautiful baby doing?

LOL so these Evo-scientists watched sheep evolve from birds?? 
    Zombieguy1987
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Dr_Maybe said:
    Evidence said:
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

Explain that?

Birds

How are you my friend?

Doing great, and baby is fat, lol. Met some very interesting people while I was away.
    Zombieguy1987
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Dr_Maybe said:
    Evidence said:
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

Explain that?

Birds

How are you my friend?

Doing great, and baby is fat, lol. Met some very interesting people while I was away.
    @Erfisflat
    Oh yes, I still keep baby pictures of my teens around my desk, just to look at them chubby faces.
    Tell me about the "interesting people" you met, .. any FE's?
    I mean you didn't turn @SilverishGoldNova have you? lol Miss him too by the way.

Good to hear from you

God bless you and yours!

Evidence
    Zombieguy1987
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Dr_Maybe said:
    Evidence said:
    Dee said:
    @Evidence

Explain that?

Birds

How are you my friend?

@Erfisflat
    Oh yes, I still keep baby pictures of my teens around my desk, just to look at them chubby faces.
    Tell me about the "interesting people" you met, .. any FE's?
    I mean you didn't turn @SilverishGoldNova have you? lol Miss him too by the way.

Good to hear from you

God bless you and yours!

Evidence
    No, I met a man online, known as Dr. John D. He has a PHD in spectrophometry, and has help me to understand the physics of light. He has also conducted some pretty conclusive tests that prove the earth is not a ball, as modern astronomy claims.
    Zombieguy1987Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @SilverishGoldNova is still here, he popped into my latest debate for a little joke or two. Nothing intelligent, just banter and insult. Still the same SGN
    Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    @SilverishGoldNova is still here, he popped into my latest debate for a little joke or two. Nothing intelligent, just banter and insult. Still the same SGN
    @Erfisflat
    Yeah, too bad. I see Zombieguy is fascinated with the "irrelevant" button.
    I feel we outgrew this sight, come and check out the one I told you about , it's only a click away!

https://theologyforums.com/index.php?threads/will-god-forgive-us-if-we-are-wrong-about-the-trinity.6116/page-45#post-133641
    Zombieguy1987
    @Erfisflat "He has a PHD in spectrophometry, and has help me to understand the physics of light."

Considering the fact that you do not even know how the size of a light source affects the way that shadows are cast and the fact that you did not know magnification is only possible through the refraction of light, he was either a bad teacher or you were a terrible listener. 
    Zombieguy1987Evidence
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat

Nonsense , this clown has been debunked as many times as you your refusal to acknowledge this proves you guys do not know the first thing about science, maybe you need a new hobby?
    https://www.metabunk.org/observations-of-brighton-from-worthing-pier.t10259/

Zombieguy1987AlexOlandEvidence
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat

What does your last few comments have to do with this debate?

How is an arguement like this relavent? 

I feel we outgrew this sight, come and check out the one I told you about , it's only a click away!

https://theologyforums.com/index.php?threads/will-god-forgive-us-if-we-are-wrong-about-the-trinity.6116/page-45#post-133641

Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat

What does your last few comments have to do with this debate?

How is an arguement like this relavent? 

@Zombieguy1987 ;
    ??? Your point?
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    Dr_Maybe said:
    calebsica said:
    What happens in the video below is by definition called evolution.

@Dr_Maybe Wow, .. Harvard proved bacteria evolves into different bacteria, .. I'm convinced of evolution, but not speciation. Call me when Harvard sees the bacteria turn into little monkeys?
    Oh wait, that would be "macro evolution", which NEVER happens, .. not in the past 3 billion years anyways.
    The explanation why macro evolution never happens: "Because it takes a very, very long time!"

But, but you are convinced macro evolution happens, right?

"Well no, .. we never observed it because it takes a very long time. Billions of years long."

So you never observed one species evolve into another completely distinct species?

"Of course not silly, .. I just told you; 'it takes a vary, very long time, billions of years'!"

So how are you sure it happens if no evolutionary scientist has ever observed macro evolution?

"Fossils , .. the fossil records show that macro evolution most certainly happens. Look at this human scull fragments that we dug up from an old Indian graveyard here in AZ, .. and over here we have this chimp skull fragments that Dr. of PHD, TB. M.V.D. on THC Henry Goddard dug up in a cave in Africa! And then our geological experts combine the two bone fragments:

Image result for lucy evolution

and then our Peleoartist draw an illustration of how the common nacestor would look like, .. and here it is!"

Image result for lucy evolution  Lucy
    calebsica
  • mickygmickyg 349 Pts   -  
    the bible says Pi=3.0....debating christians is like debating an on/off switch.@Evidence
    PlaffelvohfenEvidence
  • mickygmickyg 349 Pts   -  
    THE GOSPELS are anonymous.Christians have a claim that they cannot logically display.FIRST THEY DON'T APPEAR IN HISTORY UNTIL 160AD....HOW COME after 2000 years of doubt they don't have a plainly written articulate explanation for who the gospel writers are....they just use the old smoke and mirrors..So show evidence jesus existed ...@Evidence
    Evidence