frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

True messenger

Debate Information

Prove that  Roman Catholic priests are true messengers of God according to the Bible and references.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• shenanigansshenanigans 18 Pts   -   edited March 2019
    First prove God exists and why the Bible is so flawed and full of contradictions and falsehoods.
    Zombieguy1987
  • @shenanigans

Thanks for the interest but that is a different topic. There are posts about that. Reply to those. I am looking for someone from the Roman Catholic Church here to defend their faith.
    Evidence
  • mickygmickyg 349 Pts   -  
    There was only catholics until 1520ad.So if catholics are all of christianity is.@LeeAndreiAlcantara
    EvidenceK_Michael
  • @mickyg

You didn't use the Bible, . And that answer is so illogical. Just because the belief or system of belief like Catholism is the oldest does not mean its the only true faith. Like the belief that the Earth is flat that was only corrected until 1521. 
    THERE WAS only catholics until 1520ad.Whatever christian religion you belong to came from the catholics.....@LeeAndreiAlcantara
    EvidenceK_Michael
    THE bible still says the earth is a flat disc.@LeeAndreiAlcantara
    Evidence
  • @mickyg

You don't read the Bible, do you? Where can you find the name Roman Catholic Church in the Bible? Roman Catholic Church is not the first church. And even it is the only Church you know, that does not mean all the other churches came from it.

Isa 40:22 and Job 26:7 states that Earth is spherical in shape and not a flat disk, genius.
    In what verse you can find that the Earth is a flat disc?
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    @mickyg

You don't read the Bible, do you? Where can you find the name Roman Catholic Church in the Bible? Roman Catholic Church is not the first church. And even it is the only Church you know, that does not mean all the other churches came from it.[/quote]

Where do you see "Christian" used by the early disciples? The members of the Church of God that was bought by the blood of Jesus Christ went by "the Way" never by the mock word; "Christian". The Romans who murdered our Lord Jesus Christ took that derogatory word "Christian", and created the Roman, pagan idol worshipping church by that same mock name and with an evil doctrine called the Trinity, and they created the Christian Religion, and all one has to do is look at its 1,700 year history to see who exactly is the god of this Christian Religion?
    "Lucifer".

[quote]Isa 40:22 and Job 26:7 states that Earth is spherical in shape and not a flat disk, genius.
    In what verse you can find that the Earth is a flat disc?[/quote]

Job 26:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Yes, on nothing but in God. The heaven and earth exist in God, the Infinite and Eternal Spirit/Mind "I Am", and NOT space with a bunch of imaginary sci-fi planets that only exists in NASA's Main Frame super computer!
    Poor dumb educated by Jesuit NASA scientists actually believe they are controlling a Rover on imaginary god-Mars, when it's right here in the desert somewhere.

Hey, who cares, they pay good wages, and the work is easy. You can land a probe with the Rover on their Roman god-Mars successfully every time, just as the Soper-computer has been programmed to do. Can't screw up even if you tried. Lol, the laugh is on us Taxpayers; the Billions of dollars a month LOL.

@mickyg
    You don't read the Bible, do you? Where can you find the name Roman Catholic Church in the Bible? Roman Catholic Church is not the first church. And even it is the only Church you know, that does not mean all the other churches came from it.

Where do you see "Christian" used by the early disciples? The members of the Church of God that was bought by the blood of Jesus Christ went by "the Way" never by the mock word; "Christian". The Romans who murdered our Lord Jesus Christ took that derogatory word "Christian", and created the Roman, pagan idol worshipping church by that same mock name and with an evil doctrine called the Trinity, and they created the Christian Religion, and all one has to do is look at its 1,700 year history to see who exactly is the god of this Christian Religion?
    "Lucifer".

LeeAndreiAlcantara said: Isa 40:22 and Job 26:7 states that Earth is spherical in shape and not a flat disk, genius.
    In what verse you can find that the Earth is a flat disc?

Job 26:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Yes, on nothing but in God. The heaven and earth exist in God, the Infinite and Eternal Spirit/Mind "I Am", and NOT space with a bunch of imaginary sci-fi planets that only exists in NASA's Main Frame super computer!

Poor dumb educated by Jesuit NASA scientists actually believe they are controlling a Rover on imaginary god-Mars, when it's right here in the desert somewhere.

Hey, who cares, they pay good wages, and the work is easy. You can land a probe with the Rover on their Roman god-Mars millions and billions of miles away successfully every time, just as the Soper-computer has been programmed to do. Can't screw up even if you tried. 

Lol, the laugh is on us Taxpayers; it's a Billions of dollars a month LOL.

Erfisflat
  • billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    @LeeAndreiAlcantara there is plenty of proof they rape kids
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

You have got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA to work it out for yourself

• @billbatard

actually, I am against their authority like you.
  • @Evidence

Now that were serious allegations. Our topic here is about true messengers. Thanks 
    ISAIAH 40:22 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

A circle is not a sphere .How would you spread a tent out on a sphere?
    A ball is a better description of the earth.

job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
    Flat earthers believe we hang as well.
    This is job talking not god .

@LeeAndreiAlcantara
    LeeAndreiAlcantara
    you said>You don't read the Bible, do you? Where can you find the name Roman Catholic Church in the Bible? Roman Catholic Church is not the first church. And even it is the only Church you know, that does not mean all the other churches came from it

where do you find church of christ in the bible?

The catholics were the first pseudo christians.Starting in 107ad.

The earliest recorded evidence of the use of the term "Catholic Church" is the Letter to the Smyrnaeans that Ignatius of Antioch wrote in about 107 to Christians in Smyrna.

@LeeAndreiAlcantara
    LeeAndreiAlcantara
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    All religions CLAIM to be the best, the truest, the one with the only true "god". That's why we've had MOST of our wars since BEFORE Jesus. We would have fewer if we had no gods.
    It's time we decided we were ALL creatures of the Earth, not a god, and started worshipping, taking care of, what we came from. God, save me from your believers!
    @Evidence

Now that were serious allegations. Our topic here is about true messengers. Thanks 

@LeeAndreiAlcantara

Here is your O.P. "Prove that  Roman Catholic priests are true messengers of God according to the Bible and references."

I gave you my answer from History and the Scriptures, where the RCC in 325AD created the Christian religion, and in 1500 put the globes in the schools world wide, and Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître, RAS Associate was a Belgian Roman Catholic Jesuit priest, mathematician, astronomer, and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Louvain came up with a New heaven created by a Big Bang.
    this "Proves that  Roman Catholic priests are Not true messengers of God according to the Bible and references."

Do you even know what you asked?

Thanks, and God bless you.

Evidence
    Erfisflat
  • K_MichaelK_Michael 114 Pts   -  
    mickyg said:
    There was only catholics until 1520ad.So if catholics are all of christianity is.@LeeAndreiAlcantara

Untrue. Protestant (Meaning in this case, Not Catholic) churches do not have a pope that they believe has divine authority, or bishops, or priests. They have preachers. Men who educate and lead their congregations, not poseurs that claim they have the right to bring revelation from God..

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." 
    you don't need to follow me  Image result for life of brian individuals you don't need to follow anybody

@LeeAndreiAlcantarayou cant its a matter of  faith Image result for life of brian individuals thats the thing about religion it isnt based on fact ofr logic only feelings

There was only catholics until 1520ad@K_Michael
    you don't need to follow me  Image result for life of brian individuals you don't need to follow anybody
    @billbatard ;

So what exactly are you saying with: "Don't follow anybody", .. don't educate our children?

"Guess what kids, you're staying home from school because I follow Monty Python!
    Yaaay!
    Their message is: You don't need to follow anybody, not your teacher, not your parents, not anyone, because you are all individuals! And don't let anyone call you "boy" or "girl" because you are an individual, so just follow the New World Law and say: "I am gender fluid"!!

it is mostly christians who do the home schooling.

THE bible is niether science or history.
    @Evidence
    mickyg said:
    it is mostly christians who do the home schooling.

THE bible is niether science or history.
    Evidence
    @mickyg Oh, so after 3,500 years of the Bible, and now it's the book "on the Origin of Species" that defines the history of the world?
    Oh come on, that Santa Claus looking guy made a monkey out of you, so you follow him and his prophet Dawkins?

Look at the dolphins, they, just as all the 8 million other species on earth have been evolving for the past 2.5 billion years, all from amoeba.
    You see how they keep jumping out of the water? Obviously they want to fly like the seagulls they're imitating, so how come after all this time they are not growing wings? You know, at least little bumps that may be wings in a few million years. Or legs? You see any half formed legs on them?
    Hmm, .. it seems all the 8 million species are exactly how God designed them to be, only evolved many variations. God loves diversity.

Which god is your god?Christians have three....jews one..muslims one...muslims believe in jesus who never existed...I can't disprove all gods but disproving christianity is easy...and then islam topples as well...@Evidence

THE GOSPELS are anonymous.christians have a claim that they cannot logically display.FIRST THEY DON'T APPEAR IN HISTORY UNTIL 160AD....HOW COME after 2000 years of doubt they don't have a plainly written articulate explanation for who the gospel writers are....they just use the old smoke and mirrors..@Evidence
    mickyg said:

Which god is your god?Christians have three....jews one..muslims one...muslims believe in jesus who never existed...I can't disprove all gods but disproving christianity is easy...and then islam topples as well...@Evidence
    @mickyg
    My God is the Only True and Only Possible God there is, whom the Bible describes as the Infinite, Eternal Holy Spirit conscious Mind "I Am".
    You cannot put another god next to Infinite, .. and Eternal has no beginning nor end, or just "Is".
    My God is not a created being, that's what all beings, and things are; created by God. So my God is not a being, but the;Ground of Being.

Gods son "Word" is the Beginning and the End of all creations. God created him first, and since God used His Word to create all things through, then the son Word is also the Last (will be the way God creates the last thing that He creates) so it makes perfect sense. We don't have to deal with infinite regress, for God Is.

Infinite is also conscious, as He told Moses His servant: "I Am".

God bless you with wisdom, and a willing heart to understand , and accept your Creator!?

Evidence
    mickyg said:

THE GOSPELS are anonymous.christians have a claim that they cannot logically display.FIRST THEY DON'T APPEAR IN HISTORY UNTIL 160AD....HOW COME after 2000 years of doubt they don't have a plainly written articulate explanation for who the gospel writers are....they just use the old smoke and mirrors..@Evidence

God is the author of the Bible, so why would the "writers" who simply wrote down what they heard from God put their name to something they didn't author, or come up with, .. right? We still can make out who God chose to write what He said down.

In the beginning, after God created Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden, He took on a bodily form and talked with them:

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the [c]sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”

Evidence
    The gospels are anonymous and don't appear until 160ad.
    So name one eyewitness of jesus .

@Evidence
    mickyg said:
    The gospels are anonymous and don't appear until 160ad.
    So name one eyewitness of jesus .

Evidence

Who told you that the gospels don't appear until 160ad? Who, the R.C. Christian historians?

Also, there are a lot of "jesus 's" walking around, I'm writing to one right now. You may have heard something from Hitchens, who knew nothing of the Bible, he thought Christian=Bible, and now your stuck with this "gospel didn't appear" thing, as if this proves Gods, and His son Words non-exitance?

I wouldn't be calling others if I were you!?
    @mickyg said:
    There was only catholics until 1520 ad@K_Michael
    That part is (sorta) true. But it doesn't justify your claim that "There was only catholics until 1520ad.So if catholics are all of christianity is," which was the part that I was saying was false, as you could have told if you'd read my comment instead of blindly disagreeing and saying the same thing again, only simpler. You can't say that they're all the same because they all grew out of Catholicism. It is exactly like saying that the U.S., Australia, India, Egypt, Philippines, and Bahamas are the same as Britain because they used to be a part of the British Empire.
    Catholicism was the only Christian religion up until 1520, so you're sorta right. But the way you worded it, without any context, makes it sound like you're saying that there existed nothing else at all in the entire world.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    When you look at your history ..did you notice ..as i did...that your ancestors are anonymous??.....and why do they not appear until you research them until 2019ad?? @mickyg
    yes ..the gospels are anonymous and don't appear in history until 160ad.
    there are zero eyewitness accounts of jesus on earth..

@Sand
    Evidence
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    The names of the disciples are in the Bible. These are the eyewitnesses.

Read your Bible.....

Mark 3:16-18, "And Simon he surnamed Peter; And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder: And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite," - KJV

@mickyg
    the gospels are anonymous and don't show up until 160ad

quit running..

@Sand
    i have read the bible .
    NOW if you have any evidence the gospels existed before 160ad than show it...
    @Evidence
    THERE WERE ONLY CATHOLICS UNTIL 1520AD....ROMAN CATHOLICS AND EASTERN ORTHODOX ARE BOTH CATHOLIC........they split over leadership and domain not dogma......SINCE then the gap has widened but not enough that they don't talk of unification occasionally.
    there was only catholic christians until 1520
    @K_Michael
    mark 3:16???????????????????/
    why don't you show me where the authour of mark identifies himself .

@Sand
    Evidence
    mickyg said:
    THERE WERE ONLY CATHOLICS UNTIL 1520AD....ROMAN CATHOLICS AND EASTERN ORTHODOX ARE BOTH CATHOLIC........they split over leadership and domain not dogma......SINCE then the gap has widened but not enough that they don't talk of unification occasionally.
    there was only catholic christians until 1520
    @K_Michael
    Once again, I am referring to the Protestants. aka, most other Christians groups, including Calvinists, Baptists, Lutherans, etc. Not the Eastern Orthodox's separation. I am STILL not trying to claim that there were any non-Catholic Christians before 1520. I am (still) only trying to show you that the statement you made "So if catholics are all of christianity is,"
    In case you're still not understanding, the Protestants broke off from Catholicism because of dogma. They do not believe the same things or have the same practices.

mickyg said:
    i have read the bible .
    NOW if you have any evidence the gospels existed before 160ad than show it...
    Evidence
    @mickyg

Where do you think the Gospels came from in 160AD?
    That's like saying that "Adam and Eve, and Nosh's flood" did not exist before Moses?

Read the Bible genius, so wouldn't be .
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    He doesn't identify himself, he is only identified by over 5000 secretaries, scribes, and scholars of his day.

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Including some of the most influential historic figures in verification known in life.
    Some of the people who verified the bibicial gospels, taught the scholars and writers of the people who wrote the books on verification.
    One of the guys name is Origen was so famous that some believed that his name influenced the word 'origin'.
    In fact in the school of Alexandria, the subject of verification used the Bible as its passing training subject.
    In order to get the degree on verification, you had to use the Bible as guideline for class.

And you call me ?                  Wow you need to study.

It like asking, how do we know the history books are written by historians?
    And Who verified the historian wrote the book? And who was his eyewitnesses?

Wouldn't the book be the proof of the writer.
    Instead of the writer being proof of the book.

So I will ask my question again to you.

When you look at your history ..did you notice ..as i did...that your ancestors are anonymous??.....and why do they not appear until you research them until 2019ad??

The answer is .............you. The fact we have you is proof that you have ancestors.

They existed because you exist.

We have scholars, scribes, and secretaries all point to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John as the writters. You have these books there is no one else claiming authorship.
    We have to take these people word for it, who lived during their time.
    Reguardless of who wrote it, we have the books, it is historical fact of Jesus being alive! Because it is four separate view points of the same events.

Stop trying prove the book, based on the writer.

Its like me saying you do not exist because I have no documented proof (eyewitnesses) of your great great great grandfather.

Afterwhile you be asking for photos of Mark.
    Video of John
    Finger prints of Matthew
    & DNA of Luke

YES dogma...in 1520ad@K_Michael
    from your post.....One of the guys name is Origen >>>>>>>>>>>>>

what year did origin write ?
    @Sand

Luke 1
    1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
    1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

THE UNKNOWN WRITER CLEARLY SAYS HE WAS NOT AN EYEWITNESS...
    you are sooooo ....
    @Sand
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Well, Vatican, the current residence of the successors of the Holy Roman Empire, is the richest per capita place on Earth. I suppose only true messengers could amass such an amount of wealth and not face the wrath of the god, who speaks against amassing wealth and in favor of sharing it!