frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Evolution Real?

13»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    You say "Wrong. The scientists did not help the bacteria evolve. All those things were set up so that they can observe the experiment. 

You like throwing the word "god" on everything without even thinking what it means. No, setting up an experiment does not mean that you represent god."

Then flip the experiment around. Place the highest concentration as the first application. Will they adapt then? The bacteria has to gradually adapt. They have to be helped to adapt.
    Dispite how you feel the scientist did help the bacteria evolve. Without the right conditions that experiment does not happen, evolution will not happen. They had to be helped by intelligence.

What does the word "god" mean to you?

It means to me that there was intelligence that caused life.

Your definition "Evolution: the process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of the earth."
    If you notice it doesn't say, "Evolution: the process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier living organisms during the history of the earth."

Evolution is trying to prove that intelligence is not involved.

Setting up the experiment does mean you represent God (or some form of intelligence).
    Setting up the experiment doesn't mean it was unassisted, or it occured naturally.

Change the environment to the one on Venus.

Based on the experiment we should have life on every planet in the solar system.

You say "Can we experiment the existence of Ottomans? Well, then they do not exist.
     Can we experiment what happenned during a murder? Well, then we cannot catch murderers."

I think this is a bad comparison.
    Ottomans are items, whereas evolution is a process.

Murder is a better comparison.
    Murder can be simulated.
    Because you can represent the person who caused the murder.

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Well then me and MayCeaser agree that it is not random.
    Thank you making his words more clear.
  • AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    @Sand

Place the highest concentration as the first application. Will they adapt then?

Why though? Normally, we do not see extreme and sudden changes in the nature (there are exceptions). If you placed the highest concentration as the first application, they would probably die out. But evolution does not claim that they would live, so that is irrelevant. 

The claim was that organisms can adapt and change based on their environment. The experiment shows that bacteria adapt and change based on their environment. Simple as that. 

Dispite how you feel the scientist did help the bacteria evolve. Without the right conditions that experiment does not happen, evolution will not happen. They had to be helped by intelligence.

The conditions were constructed to create an environment that makes it harder for the bacteria to survive, little by little. They were not helped by intelligence, unless you consider putting bacteria in deadly chemicals "helping". 

Even if assume that the scientists did help, did the experiment prove that an organism changed? Yes. 

Evolution is trying to prove that intelligence is not involved.

No, it is not. It can be used to explain how life came to be without a god but evolution itself is not trying to refute intelligent design. 

Setting up the experiment does mean you represent God (or some form of intelligence).
    Setting up the experiment doesn't mean it was unassisted, or it occured naturally.

No, it does not. If you have no effect on the experiment, you do not represent anything in the experiment. That is not how science works.

If I put a frog and a fly in a jar and observe that the frog eats the fly then repeat the experiment with different subjects, then I can conclude that: "Frogs can eat flies". Just because I put the frog and the fly there, does not mean that the frog did not eat the fly. I represent nothing in this experiment. My existence is separate of the fact that frogs can eat flies. Now you will maybe say that: "You helped the frog get to the fly." but, if you noticed, my conclusion only states the result of the experiment itself. Maybe frogs naturally are not able to catch flies but I have proven that frogs are able to eat flies. (Well, we can conclude that frogs do catch flies by thinking logically but whatever.)

Ottomans are items, whereas evolution is a process.

Existence of Ottomans is not an item. And that is what I said.

Murder can be simulated.
    Because you can represent the person who caused the murder.

What does this even mean? 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    Sand said:

#1 I don’t even think I mentioned the Big Bang theory. To clarify my viewpoint, I was saying in order to prove that there is not an intelligent designer behind life, scientist perform experiments, and observe the reactions. They use this as proof that man evolved from apes. Nevertheless, in these experiments scientists always represent intelligent designer. Call him God or whatever you want to call him. 

#3 Random and no known pattern, how is this science. The way you describe evolution it is like magic. If it happens over millions of years then it happens to all. Complex, randomness and no pattern. If it is random and has no pattern then there is no science. I think you mean it is so complex we do not know the pattern. (Taking random out of the equation)

#4 I admit my mistake in saying crossbreeding is impossible. Nevertheless, I meant no crossbreeding with different species. That is why I provided the example of the whale. Why does it take millions of years? From what point does this happen? Shouldn’t it be a million years for some group of people? Out of the billions of people on the earth shouldn't we see one group of people changing now into another species, unable to reproduce with humans?

When one group does something different from another group, there is a reason. If one group of apes became human, there is a reason. If that reason has intelligence then it represents God. If it does not have intelligence, then it should be a natural occurrence that can be observed. If it takes millions of years to observe it then it cannot be observed. If it cannot be experimented or observed then it is not real.

No, the scientists represent intelligent observer, which is not the same think as intelligent designer. Direct experimentation is merely one of the methods to observe the world around us, but it is not the only one.

The claim that just because scientists can create something intelligently, everything has been created intelligently - is a logical fallacy of the type "if a is a logical subset of A and a is true, then A is true". Of the same type as "Dogs are alive, dogs are animals, and dinosaurs are animals - hence dinosaurs are alive".

Sand said:

There is no experiment that can be done to prove evolution.There is no experiment that can be done to prove evolution.There is no experiment that can be done to prove evolution.I place it in bold because I want to emphasize that point. All the previous experiments have to be thrown out! Because all experiments have scientists performing the experiment they represent an intelligent designer. When something evolves it evolves without the assistance of intelligence. These mutations has to have a catalyst, if the catalyst is intelligent then the catalyst represents God. To prove God is not involved you cannot perform an experiment. Evolution has to be only observed. And if it takes millions of years to happen then it cannot be observed. If it cannot be observed then it is not real science.
    This reductionist view of science is deeply fallacious. We do not have to observe the entire process from the beginning to the end, in order to be able to reconstruct the process from the existing evidence.

I will ask you the same question I asked someone else who disbelieved evolution on this site: do you consider history a science? In particular, do you think that Ancient Rome has existed? Or is your position that we do not know, since we never directly observed it?

Sand said:
    #2 If we evolved from apes, why do we still have apes? There was a catalyst to evolve from. The way you explain evolution it is like the lottery. Some get it and some don't. The reason to evolve is to survive the environment or adapt to a life threatening situation. If some evolved and others did not, then there was really no threat to their life. I agree we have different environments, but at one time we had the same environment as the apes. This environment changed tremendously for one group of apes, humans are not a small change from apes. It is a big one, one that made it impossible for humans to reproduce with apes. If anything that threatens life or the continuance of it. What threat to life would prevent humans from reproducing with its closest species?
    Because evolution is not a linear process. It involves a lot of branching and merging.
    And we did not evolve directly from apes; or, at least, it is not conclusive as of now that we did. Most likely, thousands different species contributed to us becoming what we are today.

It is indeed like a lottery. Lottery, strictly speaking, is not a random process, and the individual who knows absolutely everything there is to know in the Universe could predict the outcome of every lottery. However, given the informational vacuum any reasonably realistic individual would be in when trying to predict it, we can approximate it as a random process. This is what probability theory does: deals with the models that can be approximated as random

#3 Random and no known pattern, how is this science. The way you describe evolution it is like magic. If it happens over millions of years then it happens to all. Complex, randomness and no pattern. If it is random and has no pattern then there is no science. I think you mean it is so complex we do not know the pattern. (Taking random out of the equation)
    Random processes are studied by probability theory, and large collections of random process outcomes are studied by mathematical statistics. There is nothing magical about it. Randomness does not mean that there is no rule to it, it simply means that the outcome is, by its nature, probabilistic. We cannot predict the outcome of a given event, but we can describe the probability of that event, and over the large number of incidences of this event, we can predict the general outcome with high certainty.
    When you flip a coin, you get heads and tails, each with pretty much 50% probability. Is flipping a coin magic? No. It is just something that is too chaotic by its nature for us to be able to predict the outcome accurately. But we do know that if you flip a coin, say, 100,000 times, then the number of heads will almost certainly not be below, say, 45,000.

#4 I admit my mistake in saying crossbreeding is impossible. Nevertheless, I meant no crossbreeding with different species. That is why I provided the example of the whale. Why does it take millions of years? From what point does this happen? Shouldn’t it be a million years for some group of people? Out of the billions of people on the earth shouldn't we see one group of people changing now into another species, unable to reproduce with humans?
    Whales and humans took very different evolution paths. It is likely that neither they nor their descendants, unless genetic engineering is involved, will ever be able to crossbreed.

Homo Sapiens are very young species, barely several hundred years old by even the most generous estimates. We have evolved some (we became much less hairy, for one), and we will definitely evolve much more over the next couple million years, provided we exist that long as a species.

There existed other human-like species (if you want to call them that), such as Neanderthals. But they directly competed with humans, and only one species could survive that competition. But when such a clear one-versus-one competition does not exist, then the species can, indeed, coexist for a very long time - just as, say, wolves and bears do.
    Notice something interesting: apex predators almost never fight each other. It is almost unheard of for a bear to attack a wolf, for example. That is because most of the predators that competed with each other directly fought it out long ago, and only one of the competitors survived.
    Zombieguy1987
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

@AlexOland

"Why though? Normally, we do not see extreme and sudden changes in the nature (there are exceptions). If you placed the highest concentration as the first application, they would probably die out. But evolution does not claim that they would live, so that is irrelevant. 
     The claim was that organisms can adapt and change based on their environment. The experiment shows that bacteria adapt and change based on their environment. Simple as that. "

Although it is simple, it is the application to the whole that is disagreed upon. Adapting based on the environment is accepted. But changing to another species is not.

So far that has not been proven.

"The conditions were constructed to create an environment that makes it harder for the bacteria to survive, little by little. They were not helped by intelligence, unless you consider putting bacteria in deadly chemicals "helping". 
     Even if assume that the scientists did help, did the experiment prove that an organism changed? Yes. 
    "

The scientist did help. Not placing it in deadly chemicals. Gradual slightly deadly chemicals. They do the same to soldiers they will give them reduced poisons, in order to help them develop immunities. But when they are in the field and get hit with poison, the plant or animal doesn't slightly adjust the poison so they can survive.

"No, it is not. It can be used to explain how life came to be without a god but evolution itself is not trying to refute intelligent design. "

You only need to read MayCeasar to prove it is. You may feel it is not. But to the majority of others it is.

You might want to explain this argument to MayCeasar

" No, it does not. If you have no effect on the experiment, you do not represent anything in the experiment. That is not how science works.
      If I put a frog and a fly in a jar and observe that the frog eats the fly then repeat the experiment with different subjects, then I can conclude that: "Frogs can eat flies". Just because I put the frog and the fly there, does not mean that the frog did not eat the fly. I represent nothing in this experiment. My existence is separate of the fact that frogs can eat flies. Now you will maybe say that: "You helped the frog get to the fly." but, if you noticed, my conclusion only states the result of the experiment itself. Maybe frogs naturally are not able to catch flies but I have proven that frogs are able to eat flies. (Well, we can conclude that frogs do catch flies by thinking logically but whatever.)"

You may place two frogs in a jar. And over time the one frog will eat the other frog. Then you can conclude that:"Frogs can eat Frogs". Do you represent nothing to the experiment?

You may take two people place them in a cage. And over time the one will eat the other. Then you can conclude that:"Man can eat Man".

You right you probably proved that they can eat themselves.Nevertheless, when would this situation happen? The constraints of the test are very important to the conclusion. They do not represent real world situations.To best determine real world situations observation without assistance needs to be done. Evolution is said to have happened over millions of years. Over millions of years anything could have happened. Meteorite, storm, disease, anything! I mean gradual, extreme, extinction level. Or nothing could have happened. No experiment is going to simulate millions of years.So assumptions have to be made, and that is not science.

We cannot observe millions of years. We cannot experiment millions of years. So Evolution is not real, it is guessing.

@MayCeasar

No, the scientists represent intelligent observer, which is not the same think as intelligent designer. Direct experimentation is merely one of the methods to observe the world around us, but it is not the only one.

The claim that just because scientists can create something intelligently, everything has been created intelligently - is a logical fallacy of the type "if a is a logical subset of A and a is true, then A is true". Of the same type as "Dogs are alive, dogs are animals, and dinosaurs are animals - hence dinosaurs are alive".

I agree with direct experimentation is a method to observe. Nevertheless, when you are trying to prove unassisted development, you cannot have direct experimentation. You represent something to the project. You are an observer if you only observed. If you built a case or did anything outside of looking, you represent something to the project.

This reductionist view of science is deeply fallacious. We do not have to observe the entire process from the beginning to the end, in order to be able to reconstruct the process from the existing evidence.

I will ask you the same question I asked someone else who disbelieved evolution on this site: do you consider history a science? In particular, do you think that Ancient Rome has existed? Or is your position that we do not know, since we never directly observed it?

If it is not observed how do you know it happened? History has a multitude of documented eye witnesses. I believe you would question the viability of anything that was not observed. Do you know how many times science was wrong in their conclusions. Scientist’s  break their rules all the time.

Because evolution is not a linear process. It involves a lot of branching and merging.
    And we did not evolve directly from apes; or, at least, it is not conclusive as of now that we did. Most likely, thousands different species contributed to us becoming what we are today.

It is indeed like a lottery. Lottery, strictly speaking, is not a random process, and the individual who knows absolutely everything there is to know in the Universe could predict the outcome of every lottery. However, given the informational vacuum any reasonably realistic individual would be in when trying to predict it, we can approximate it as a random process. This is what probability theory does: deals with the models that can be approximated as random

Imagine that you found 100 frames of a feature film that originally had 100,000 frames. How would you determine the plot of the movie? You might have a preconceived idea, but what if only 5 of the 100 frames you found could be organized to support your preferred plot, while the other 95 frames tell a very different story? Would it be reasonable to assert that your preconceived idea of the movie was right because of the five frames? Could it be that you placed the five frames in the order you did because it suited your theory? Would it not be more reasonable to allow the other 95 frames to influence your opinion? Have you studied the “the Cambrian explosion”? Instead of finding the gradual unfolding of life what geologists of Darwin’s time, and geologists of the present day actually find is a highly uneven or jerky record; that is, species appear in the sequence very suddenly, show little or no change during their existence in the record, then abruptly go out of the record. The vast majority of fossils (95%) show stability among types of creatures over extensive amounts of time. The evidence does not show them evolving from one type into another. Unique body plans appear suddenly. New features appear suddenly. Like bats with sonar and echolocation systems appear with no obvious link to a more primitive ancestor. Majority of all the major divisions of animal life seem to have appeared in a relatively short period of time.

@Sand

Adapting based on the environment is accepted. But changing to another species is not.
    So far that has not been proven.

I presented that video as evidence for evolution. And you just accepted that it is evolution (according to the definition) so I think that debate is over now. Evolution is a fact. What you reject is speciation which is not the same thing as evolution.

--- 

The scientist did help. Not placing it in deadly chemicals. Gradual slightly deadly chemicals. They do the same to soldiers they will give them reduced poisons, in order to help them develop immunities. But when they are in the field and get hit with poison, the plant or animal doesn't slightly adjust the poison so they can survive.

We observe gradual increases in things when we look at nature. Not sudden changes. 
     The plant or the animal DOES adjust to the poison if we look at evolutionary history. Did that poisonous animal develop that ability overnight? No. Its poison slightly became more effective over time. And therefore, the creatures in the same environment with this poisonous animal slowly developed ways of countering it. 

---

You only need to read MayCeasar to prove it is. You may feel it is not. But to the majority of others it is.
    You might want to explain this argument to MayCeasar
     I checked all his comments on all 3 pages and nowhere does MayCaesar say that evolution debunks a god. Even if he did say that, so what? 

---

You right you probably proved that they can eat themselves.Nevertheless, when would this situation happen?

You are moving the goalpost. That example served to prove that you do not have to represent anything in an experiment.

Remember this? 

These are your exact words. That example was given to debunk this claim. Not anything else. 

---

The constraints of the test are very important to the conclusion. They do not represent real world situations.To best determine real world situations observation without assistance needs to be done.

Could you please define "assistance"?
    The claim was that organisms can evolve useful traits if they are against slowly changing environments. 
    The scientists created slowly changing environments and put organisms in those environments. Then we have seen that the organisms were able to evolve useful traits.

How does the experiment does not prove the claim? 

---

An experiment is done to prove a claim. The components are set in a way that will prove this claim. The scientists' job is not to create a replica of the entire earth, their job is to create an environment which will prove their hypothesis. This is how science works and nearly everything we have, we do thanks to these methods. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ZB2RTylR4
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I presented that video as evidence for evolution. And you just accepted that it is evolution (according to the definition) so I think that debate is over now. Evolution is a fact. What you reject is speciation which is not the same thing as evolution.

I didn’t accept that. I accepted what I thought you were saying. Which you corrected. I do not agree with the definition. You can conclude the debate as over, if you are scared to address the real issues that evolution cannot answer. Then yes the debate is over Evolution is not real. I reject evolution period. Do not consider my respectful acknowledgement as agreement. Evolution is the same thing as Speciation to you, not to everyone else.

Evolution is an idea, it has never been proven. Just because a video shows plants and animals can adapt is not evolution. I know to you it does.

But Lönnig’s research proves you wrong! He says “properly defined species have real boundaries that cannot be abolished or transgressed by accidental mutations”

Mutations can only go so far and that is it. To you, it evolved, to everyone else it adapted. We use the word adapted because the word evolve means more than adaption. To you

Now if you want to go against science, go right ahead, believe your fantasies. But science is against you!

@Sand
    Adapting based on the environment is accepted.

Evolution: the process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

Adaption based on environment IS the process that is mentioned here. Therefore, you cannot object to this. You accepted evolution. 

---
     Evolution is the same thing as Speciation to you, not to everyone else.

Never claimed this. I actually claimed the opposite of it.

---

Evolution is an idea, it has never been proven. Just because a video shows plants and animals can adapt is not evolution. I know to you it does.

Did the animals gain new and useful traits? Yes. Will those traits be passed on to the offspring of that animal, meaning are the traits stored in the genome? Yes. Therefore, this is evolution. 

---

But Lönnig’s research proves you wrong! He says “properly defined species have real boundaries that cannot be abolished or transgressed by accidental mutations"

Saying his research proves me wrong and presenting his quote instead of the research... Not very helpful to your case. 

---

Mutations can only go so far and that is it. To you, it evolved, to everyone else it adapted. We use the word adapted because the word evolve means more than adaption.

No, evolution does not mean more than adaptation. You made that up without any source to back you up. 
    "In biology, evolution is the change in the characteristics of a species over several generations and relies on the process of natural selection."
    https://www.yourgenome.org/facts/what-is-evolution

Therefore, adaptation does fall into the definition of evolution. Meaning if you have accepted adaptation (you did) you have also accepted evolution.

---

"Now if you want to go against science, go right ahead, believe your fantasies. But science is against you!"

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/02/11/darwin-day/

"Scientists overwhelmingly agree that humans evolved over time, and most Americans are aware that this is the case"

http://www.wikizero.biz/index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9lbi53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvTGV2ZWxfb2Zfc3VwcG9ydF9mb3JfZXZvbHV0aW9u

"The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory as the only explanation that can fully account for observations in the fields of biologypaleontologymolecular biologygeneticsanthropology, and others."

"There are many scientific and scholarly organizations from around the world that have issued statements in support of the theory of evolution.[35][36][37][38] The American Association for the Advancement of Science, the world's largest general scientific society with more than 130,000 members and over 262 affiliated societies and academies of science including over 10 million individuals, has made several statements and issued several press releases in support of evolution.[21] The prestigious United States National Academy of Sciences, which provides science advice to the nation, has published several books supporting evolution and criticising creationism and intelligent design.[39][40]"

Oh no! What am I gonna do! SCIENCE is against me although nearly EVERY scientist agrees with my points! You really got me this time! 
    SandZombieguy1987
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    No, You are right.
    You got me.
    I see why people like yourself and EVERY scientist take their stand.
    I learned a lot from you. Thanks!
    I will guide myself accordingly.
    AlexOland
    @Sand

I hope you are not pulling a trick on me or something... Just kidding. It is just so uncommon to see anyone change their mind about anything.

Thank you for reminding me that there is actually a point to all of this. 
    Sand
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    Sand said:

I agree with direct experimentation is a method to observe. Nevertheless, when you are trying to prove unassisted development, you cannot have direct experimentation. You represent something to the project. You are an observer if you only observed. If you built a case or did anything outside of looking, you represent something to the project.

It was one of the earlier philosophical debates in science, when the Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle was discovered, and the early interpretation of it was that "You cannot observe something without changing it". Some philosophers tried to argue that, as a consequence, we cannot know anything about the world at all, as everything we observe has already been affected by us.

However, in practice it is obviously not true. You can tell that there are two apples laying on the table, even if you have to take a look at them and, through this interaction, slightly change them.

There are ways to account for the effect we have on the observed phenomena, and very often that effect in itself is so tiny that it can be neglected. We are unable to observe a lion hunting an antelope without interacting with the lion in, at least, some subtle way - but it does not mean that we cannot, from our observations, learn how lions hunt antelopes. We just must be very careful and have to account for all the changes we are introducing in the environment.

Otherwise, there would be no science, and nobody could be sure about anything. Philosophically, it is a dubious mentality.

If it is not observed how do you know it happened? History has a multitude of documented eye witnesses. I believe you would question the viability of anything that was not observed. Do you know how many times science was wrong in their conclusions. Scientist’s  break their rules all the time.
    But you obviously cannot interact with those witnesses now, so how can you know they even existed? Not to mention that if we had only witnesses to rely on, then we would know literally anything about the past. Witness accounts merely help us put all the evidence together, but they are only a tiny part of what we know about the history.

Same with evolution: we do not need to have actually met, say, a dinosaur in order to know that dinosaurs existed in the past. We have plenty of evidence of their existence, and our theories add up well. The position that "We have never seen a dinosaur, hence we cannot say that they existed in the past" is logically the same as "We have never seen the Ancient Rome, hence we cannot say that it existed in the past".

Imagine that you found 100 frames of a feature film that originally had 100,000 frames. How would you determine the plot of the movie? You might have a preconceived idea, but what if only 5 of the 100 frames you found could be organized to support your preferred plot, while the other 95 frames tell a very different story? Would it be reasonable to assert that your preconceived idea of the movie was right because of the five frames? Could it be that you placed the five frames in the order you did because it suited your theory? Would it not be more reasonable to allow the other 95 frames to influence your opinion? Have you studied the “the Cambrian explosion”? Instead of finding the gradual unfolding of life what geologists of Darwin’s time, and geologists of the present day actually find is a highly uneven or jerky record; that is, species appear in the sequence very suddenly, show little or no change during their existence in the record, then abruptly go out of the record. The vast majority of fossils (95%) show stability among types of creatures over extensive amounts of time. The evidence does not show them evolving from one type into another. Unique body plans appear suddenly. New features appear suddenly. Like bats with sonar and echolocation systems appear with no obvious link to a more primitive ancestor. Majority of all the major divisions of animal life seem to have appeared in a relatively short period of time.

Yes, it would, and that is why serious scientists never limit themselves to a small isolated sample and look at their theories in the context of all the evidence present. I am not sure why you believe that it is somehow different for scientists specialising on evolution of animals, plants, mushrooms or bacteria.

The Cambrian explosion does not contradict anything we know about evolution, and there have been a multitude of such explosions throughout the history of life on Earth. Many factors can contribute to it, such as sudden climate changes, chemical changes, rapid mutation and so on. Like I said before, evolution is not a linear process, and while in general it takes millions years, it does not have to always be the case. Again, we, Homo-Sapiens, are most likely a few dozen thousand years old, and we have evolved significantly.

It may sometimes take a very long time for a very successful mutation to occur, but that mutation genetically and as a result of natural selection ends up dominating the evolution on a short scale and "leaking" across multiple species.
    Zombieguy1987
  • calebsicacalebsica 95 Pts   -  
    We have not found one missing link between humans and apes or chimpazises