frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

A Gallup survey has identified Barack Obama as the 'Most Admired Man' in the world for 11 straight

Debate Information

A Gallup survey has identified Barack Obama as the 'Most Admired Man' in the world for 11 straight years.
True
About this rating ince 1946, the Gallup analytics company has conducted surveys to identify the “Most Admired Man” and “Most Admired Woman” in the world (although in 1946 and 1947 only a single “Most Admired Person” was named). With only a handful of exceptions across those several decades, the most admired man has typically been the current president of the United States.

It should be no surprise, then, to see that President Barack Obama held the “Most Admired Man” designation for all eight years he occupied the White House, from 2009 through 2016. It may come as something of a surprise, however, to learn that Obama has actually maintained that status for 11 straight years, beginning the year before he assumed office (2008) and continuing for the two years since he has been out of office (2017-18).

The current president, Donald Trump, has polled reasonably close to Obama in the admiration stakes over the last few years, according to Gallup, but still in a distinctly second-place position:

Only a few times, all in tumultuous political circumstances, has the incumbent president not been tabbed as Gallup’s “Most Admired Mahttps://www.snopes.com/fact-check/barack-obama-most-admired/

The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @billbatard

"A Gallup survey has identified Barack Obama as the 'Most Admired Man' in the world for 11 straight"

I admire individuals who are for the public as a whole.

Did Barack Obama, represent the public, as a whole, or did he represent his individual followers, constituents, or fanbase specifically instead? 

Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    Really? Out of the 7+ billion people on Earth, Donald Trump and Barack Obama are the two most worthy of admiration? I think we assign too much value to politicians, and too little value to everyone else.

I admire someone like Terrence Tao 100 times as much as I do either of these. But Terrence Tao is not in the spotlight 24/7, so nobody knows who he is.
  • kevin_burkekevin_burke 47 Pts   -  
    I admire Abby Johnson more than either of those two this is a B.S. survey
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    I don’t place much value on these polls and would not see them as being in anyway useful in giving a balanced view .Obama seemed like a nice guy but in my opinion possibly the worst American President ever so what’s the poll based on why the admiration?

Incidentally Hitler was time magazine man of the year in 1939 , Stalin  received that accolade twice in 1940 and 1943 humans seem to admire the wrong type of people all the time 
    kevin_burke