frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should Evolution be taught in schools?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @Plaffelvohfen The second you prove Evolution, which cannot be proven that is why it remains, a *THEORY*, then we can have an argument over other topics. But for now I think I have listed plenty of reasons in a few of my comments on why Evolution is not proven and therefore should not be taught as fact in the public school system. 
    PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987ZeusAres42
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen The second you prove Evolution, which cannot be proven that is why it remains, a *THEORY*, then we can have an argument over other topics. But for now I think I have listed plenty of reasons in a few of my comments on why Evolution is not proven and therefore should not be taught as fact in the public school system. 
    Sorry, you can't expect to be taken seriously when you write "I think" after clearly demonstrating you don't understand the difference between theory and Theory, between an hypothesis and a well-substantiated explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can incorporate laws, hypotheses and facts... I think you're as disingenuous as your cousin and ultimately not worth my consideration for productive conversations. 

Best regards,

P.
    Zombieguy1987
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say .....

1) Evolution remains a *THEORY* because it has NOT been proven, therefore it should not be taught in schools as FACT. 

My reply .....Your lack of education leaves you in the embarrassing position of not comprehending what the term theory means when used by Scientists , maybe that’s something else you need to check up on 

You say ..........The public school system is shoving information down our society of children's throats,

My reply .........How tragic that educators are attempting to teach children facts 

You say ......this is indoctrination, not education.

My reply .....You have it the wrong way around buddy teaching children a guy called Jesus walked on water is actually text book indoctrination 

You say ...... When they are telling them what to believe not how to form their own system of knowing what to believe. 

My reply ......No one is telling them what to believe except bible thumpers like you , you don’t want to believe in Evolution that’s just fine remain in ignorance 

You say ......Like I said to @Dee, I will not press any further for I would like you to have a chance at *actually* stating some facts now that you cannot cry over me not providing information

My reply ..... I never asked you for information as I never ask ignorant people for that which they cannot supply 

You say .....so there you go, give it a whirl. 

My reply ......But I did like most others but you prefer to troll so do carry on or else actually read what you asked for or not , I bet you won’t youre to sacred to have your world view challenged 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say .....

@Dee You want me to list my reasons I will,

My reply ....Go ahead if you must 

You say ......I thought it was people who disagree with the topic at hand first but whatever. And by the way you attacked me again and called me ignorant multiple many of times. 

My reply .....I didn’t “attack you” I made a statement of fact 

You say .....You say that Evolution has been proven as "fact" then why is still The *Theory* of Evolution. 

My reply .....There is that ignorance yet again you haven’t even a clue what the term theory means when applied scientifically  

You say ......Secondly, the public school system is indoctrinating students and forcing Evolution down their throats. 

My reply .....I don’t believe that 

You say ......This is gonna take a while for you to refute so I won't add to much more, go ahead, do. your. worst. 

My reply ......It only takes seconds to refute nonsense 

• 1) Evolution remains a *THEORY* because it has NOT been proven, therefore it should not be taught in schools as FACT. 

2) The public school system is shoving information down our society of children's throats, this is indoctrination, not education. When they are telling them what to believe not how to form their own system of knowing what to believe. 

3) Like I said to @Dee, I will not press any further for I would like you to have a chance at *actually* stating some facts now that you cannot cry over me not providing information. so there you go, give it a whirl. 
    1. The thing that can be classed as a theory in evolution is "Darwin's Theory of Evolution." The term "evolution" cannot be named a theory or fact because it's just a term. The term "evolution" does, however, relate to a scientific subject with many theories and evidence to support those theories. https://www.livescience.com/474-controversy-evolution-works.html
    2. The public school system may be shoving a lot of nonsense down children's throats. As to whether or not evolution is nonsense is a matter of personal opinion. Albeit it is hard to imagine that evolution is nonsensical given the amount of globally conclusive scientific data on it. There is also plenty of systematically peer-reviewed studies for you to take a look at if you want the facts. 
    3. Incessantly asking for evidence while maintaining a pretense of civility does absolutely nothing to advance your position in an argument.

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

The topic of this debate is clearly written at the top of this page. Whether evolution should be taught as fact or not, is not relevant. All that is relevant is whether evolution should be taught in schools. You haven't provided any good reasons as to why it shouldn't be taught in schools. Even if evolution wasn't a fact, that's not relevant. We teach Greek and Roman mythology in schools, and none of that is fact, and nobody uses those belief systems any longer, but it's still taught. I challenge you to provide a good reason as to why evolution should not be taught in schools.
    ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    @Ampersand This ***THEORY*** The *Theory* of Evolution, is being taught as fact to our society of children. They are telling them what to believe, not how to believe. Indoctrinating, not educating. This is wrong. Therefore it should not be taught in schools. 
    As has been shown with evidence, evolution is a fact. That you think pointing our it's labelled a theory is some kind of cutting critique shows you don't even know what a scientific theory is.

That you are poorly educated and unable to use reasoning to assess facts shows that the school system should focus on providing children a thorough education in evolution.

@Ampersand ;

1) Evolution remains a *THEORY* because it has NOT been proven, therefore it should not be taught in schools as FACT. 

2) The public school system is shoving information down our society of children's throats, this is indoctrination, not education. When they are telling them what to believe not how to form their own system of knowing what to believe. 

3) Like I said to @Dee, I will not press any further for I would like you to have a chance at *actually* stating some facts now that you cannot cry over me not providing information. so there you go, give it a whirl. 
    1) No, it's a theory because a scientific theory is the level of understanding that comes above facts - when you have lots of different facts all working together. Like the fact we have lots of transitional fossils, like the fact we've studied and recorded evolution, like the fact we can see genetic evidence of evolution, etc, etc.

The theory of gravity isn't going to become "the facts of gravity" one day if we do a really good test on it. Atomic theory isn't going to become Atomic facts. An accepted scientific theory is a wide overaching explanation of lots of facts.

2) You whining about people being taught about evolution isn't actual criticism of evolution or of schooling. School is there to teach facts. Evolution is taught no differently from any other set of facts or theories, like gravity or atoms.

3) I've already provided multiple peer reviewed scientific studies who no anti-evolution poster has managed to rebutt. If you want something to respond to, start there. Also you haven't provided any information, just lots and lots of baseless claims.
    PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987
  • @Ampersand You stated, "No, it's a theory because a scientific theory is the level of understanding that comes above facts - when you have lots of different facts all working together. Like the fact we have lots of transitional fossils, like the fact we've studied and recorded evolution, like the fact we can see genetic evidence of evolution, etc, etc." 

What "Evolution" have you recorded? What "genetic evidence" have you found supporting the case of Evolution? (We can get to the transitional fossils once you respond to this, get done one step at a time to help you see the light) Also, speaking of genetics: Cells, you know those old things? Yeah, they start their life with information. In order for Evolution to be correct, (well in this for instance at least,) they would start with matter. And with matter, come no instincts, and with no instincts come no knowledge of how to survive, with no knowledge of how to survive, there would be the death of any life without such knowledge. 

You say just because it says "theory" doesn't make it unproven, just like gravity is, and I quote, "The Theory of Gravity". Well you see, I have an issue with this, because from my understanding, and anyone who has been properly educated, our view is that it is, The *LAW* of gravity.  (How's this for evidence am I right???) 

And to address your first point, (insult more like it,) when something such as this *theory* is proven, (which this theory hasn't been and never will be,) it becomes a law. So all my points in reference to this being the *Theory* of Evolution, and not the *LAW* of Evolution, are now valid. 

Fill me in on anything I missed, (if I did miss anything,) thanks so much, good luck, and *God* bless. ;) 

AmpersandPlaffelvohfen
  • @ZeusAres42 Actually it does. And to address that *whale evolution chart* you had there, that chart is missing many key components to a, "Full Evolution". So if you are going to resume your push with this argument, you would have to formulate new, made-up, evolutions for this species in particular. 

• What evidence do you have that suggests defies evolution?

• Actually it does

In response to my previous 3rd point. I will simply ask really; sealioning is an advantageous position in an argument?

Do know what you just wrote?

Plaffelvohfen

• @Dee First of all, list a single time when I said the Bible should be taught in schools. Go ahead, go on, do it. YOU CAN'T. Because I never did. Stop making up things Dee, its not good for your case. 

You also said stated the way in which you were using the term, "Theory" thank you, now we can get to more pressing matters. How long ago do you believe the *Big Bang* happened? (If you must know any way you answer this at all besides the fact that it is under 10,000 years old. I have solid evidence against. SO be prepared to re-think your strategy. Because I infer that, from what you have clearly expressed. That in order for Evolution to have actually happened the way you say that it has happened, you must believe it is over a few million years old, at least, if not billions if I am not mistaken.) 

• Dee First of all, list a single time when I said the Bible should be taught in schools. Go ahead, go on, do it. YOU CAN'T. Because I never did. Stop making up things Dee, its not good for your case. 

You also said stated the way in which you were using the term, "Theory" thank you, now we can get to more pressing matters. How long ago do you believe the *Big Bang* happened? (If you must know any way you answer this at all besides the fact that it is under 10,000 years old. I have solid evidence against. SO be prepared to re-think your strategy. Because I infer that, from what you have clearly expressed. That in order for Evolution to have actually happened the way you say that it has happened, you must believe it is over a few million years old, at least, if not billions if I am not mistaken.) 

Anyone else thinks this is a failed attempt at intellectual trolling?

PlaffelvohfenDeeZombieguy1987

@Ampersand You stated, "No, it's a theory because a scientific theory is the level of understanding that comes above facts - when you have lots of different facts all working together. Like the fact we have lots of transitional fossils, like the fact we've studied and recorded evolution, like the fact we can see genetic evidence of evolution, etc, etc." 

What "Evolution" have you recorded? What "genetic evidence" have you found supporting the case of Evolution? (We can get to the transitional fossils once you respond to this, get done one step at a time to help you see the light) Also, speaking of genetics: Cells, you know those old things? Yeah, they start their life with information. In order for Evolution to be correct, (well in this for instance at least,) they would start with matter. And with matter, come no instincts, and with no instincts come no knowledge of how to survive, with no knowledge of how to survive, there would be the death of any life without such knowledge. 

You say just because it says "theory" doesn't make it unproven, just like gravity is, and I quote, "The Theory of Gravity". Well you see, I have an issue with this, because from my understanding, and anyone who has been properly educated, our view is that it is, The *LAW* of gravity.  (How's this for evidence am I right???) 

And to address your first point, (insult more like it,) when something such as this *theory* is proven, (which this theory hasn't been and never will be,) it becomes a law. So all my points in reference to this being the *Theory* of Evolution, and not the *LAW* of Evolution, are now valid. 

Fill me in on anything I missed, (if I did miss anything,) thanks so much, good luck, and *God* bless. ;) 

I've supplied peer reviewed scientific evidence earlier in this thread which you refused to look at. If you are wilfully ignorant and not even willing to look at the evidence you've been presented with because it would blow you out the water, that's your problem. I don't need to prove things twice.

Also LOL at your explanation of theories  being proven and turning into laws. How old are you kid? To quote Berkley Univesities guide to common misconceptions:

MISCONCEPTION: If evidence supports a hypothesis, it is upgraded to a theory. If the theory then garners even more support, it may be upgraded to a law.

CORRECTION: This misconception may be reinforced by introductory science courses that treat hypotheses as "things we're not sure about yet" and that only explore established and accepted theories. In fact, hypotheses, theories, and laws are rather like apples, oranges, and kumquats: one cannot grow into another, no matter how much fertilizer and water are offered. Hypotheses, theories, and laws are all scientific explanations that differ in breadth — not in level of support. Hypotheses are explanations that are limited in scope, applying to fairly narrow range of phenomena. The term law is sometimes used to refer to an idea about how observable phenomena are related — but the term is also used in other ways within science. Theories are deep explanations that apply to a broad range of phenomena and that may integrate many hypotheses and laws.

Your entire argument is founded on ignorance, ignoring the evidence and at this point just making up your own fake terminology.

PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say .....First of all, list a single time when I said the Bible should be taught in schools.

My reply .....You didn’t , that’s why I never accused you of doing so,  I explained to you what actual indoctrination was, the teaching of Evolution is not indoctrination so take your correction and accept.

You say .....Go ahead, go on, do it. YOU CAN'T. Because I never did. Stop making up things Dee, its not good for your case. 

My reply .......Stop behaving like a child and attempt to comprehend what I said and not what you think I said.

By the way what do you want taught in schools?

You say ......You also said stated the way in which you were using the term, "Theory" thank you,

My reply .....No I didn’t , I corrected your misuse of the term 

You say .....now we can get to more pressing matters. How long ago do you believe the *Big Bang* happened?

My reply ......Whats that got to do with Evolution?

You say ......If you must know any way you answer this at all besides the fact that it is under 10,000 years old.

My reply .....So even if I gave an answer it’s wrong because you say so got ya. 

You say .... Ihave solid evidence against

My reply .....You don’t , otherwise you would have won a Nobel prize for your remarkable discoveries , all you have is a crackpot theory no doubt backed up by nothing 

You say .... SO be prepared to re-think your strategy.

My reply ....That’s funny 

You say .....Because I infer that, from what you have clearly expressed.
    That in order for Evolution to have actually happened the way you say that it has happened, you must believe it is over a few million years old, at least, if not billions if I am not mistaken.) 

My reply .....Where is your peer reviewed paper that disproves Evolution?
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You’re correct that’s exactly what this guy is doing , he’s no more interested in debate than any other troll and the unfortunate thing is he’s very bad at trolling also.

Thats a great term you use as in sealioning I never heard that one before,  thank you 
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
  • @Dee You answered absolutely none of my questions, and you even said that theory has two meanings. Therefore I may have thought you were using a separate one from the one you were actually listing. The rest of your junk is personal attacks that I don't even have time to talk about because they are so unthoughtful and there without reason. Also, you separated a large point of mine into several different parts, you have to use it as a whole not separate it. And just because something is peer reviewed and accepted does not mean it has been proven as fact. So answer my question, in order for all the Evolutionary processes and things that have taken place over a long period of time persay. The Earth must be how old do you believe? (And yes age ties in deeply to Evolution, so disprove the age and you're already disproving Evolution.) If you answer this I can answer you go on please sir. (I assume sir, sorry if you are of the female gender) 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @Ampersand Ok as I have said before. Please listen this time because this is the last time I will say it until I am done with your ignorance and horrific skills in understanding, here goes: I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A DIFFERENT SITE TO HAVE A DEBATE, THAT IS WHY I CHOSE THIS SITE. I hope you understand. Also just tell me if you want me to start with the supplementation of evidence. 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @ZeusAres42 How would it be? It's a civil discussion where he has listed no evidence whatsoever. He has sent a numerous amount of links and sources but I chose this site and do not wish to debate on a site for which I have not chosen. 
  • @ZeusAres42 I have proof that the Earth is not as old as it would have to be for Evolution to have happened. If that's what you mean. How old do you think the Earth is? 
  • @Ampersand You say: As has been shown with evidence, evolution is a fact. That you think pointing our it's labelled a theory is some kind of cutting critique shows you don't even know what a scientific theory is.

I reply: Just because you say somethings fact does not make it fact. 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @piloteer First of all this cannot be compared to Greek Mythology for the reasons I am soon to list. 

Reason 1) Greek Mytholgy is history, it is teaching our young people of today what was believed in previous generations. 

Reason 2) Evolution is a theory that does not have the facts to back it up. (Although I can virtually prove the existence of a higher force) would you like if the Bible was taught as fact in schools? It hasn't been proven. 

Thank you for re-directing this conversation back to topic, very appreciated. 
    Plaffelvohfen

• I'm really not going to get in a debate with someone who has the same mentality as someone that thinks the earth is flat.

• @ZeusAres42 So the moment I come up with a good point, you decide to stop? You're such a troller . 

• @ZeusAres42 I have proof that the Earth is not as old as it would have to be for Evolution to have happened. If that's what you mean. How old do you think the Earth is? 

I'm really not going to get in a debate with someone who has the same mentality as someone that thinks the earth is flat.

Does this guy seem like a troller? All he has to support his case are methods of personal attacking someone who opposes his side. XD This is so sad, poor un-educated kids of today. 
    ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987
    @BenShapirosCousin

Yes, the beliefs of Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Toaists, Hindus, and Canadians should all be taught in school, just as the beliefs of evolutionists should. Again, whether evolution is fact or not, is irrelevant. The fact is, many people agree with it, and adhere to it as a belief system, and that's an irrefutable fact. Therefore, it should be taught in school. It's also a scientific theory, so it should be taught in science class.
    @BenShapirosCousin

@Ampersand Ok as I have said before. Please listen this time because this is the last time I will say it until I am done with your ignorance and horrific skills in understanding, here goes: I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A DIFFERENT SITE TO HAVE A DEBATE, THAT IS WHY I CHOSE THIS SITE. I hope you understand. Also just tell me if you want me to start with the supplementation of evidence. 
    @Ampersand You say: As has been shown with evidence, evolution is a fact. That you think pointing our it's labelled a theory is some kind of cutting critique shows you don't even know what a scientific theory is.

I reply: Just because you say somethings fact does not make it fact. 
    Two things:

1) Stop whining and make up your mind. You're simultaneously asking for evidence AND complaining that I'm providing you with evidence and refusing to look at it. You can't have it both ways, which do you want?

2) I've supported my statements with evidence, including peer reviewed scientific studies and definitions from universities. I am not saying things are facts just because I say so; you are.

Can you point to even a single bit of evidence you've provided in this entire thread to support your claims? No.

Can I? Easily:

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/41182/#Comment_41182
    https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/40823/#Comment_40823
    https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/40867/#Comment_40867

At this point in the debate the anti-evolution side seems to have nothing to contribute.
  • @Ampersand How old do you the Earth is? What age do believe the Earth to be? The knowledge referring to the length of time it has taken the Earth to get this point needs to be stated now and the answer you believe to be true is? 
    AmpersandPlaffelvohfen
  • @piloteer You are not listening to what I am saying, I have already stated in my previous message over why Evolution should not be taught in schools. Take that, and make a case against it. (Really appreciate someone who actually knows how to stay on topic and debate thank you) I just do not believe it should be taught to the extent that they teach it at, like it's a fact, like it is 110% the honest truth. And then you're arguing that I want Greek mythology gone?! That's absurd. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ...You answered absolutely none of my questions, and you even said that theory has two meanings. 

My reply ...... Your questions are merely nonsensical  ramblings which are a cheap attempt at trolling.

Also I corrected you on your misunderstanding of the term theory which you hadn’t a clue what it actually meant 

You say .....Therefore I may have thought you were using a separate one from the one you were actually listing. 

My reply ...... Again another lie I corrected you on your misunderstanding of the term do not attempt to blame me for your stupidity 

You say .....The rest of your junk is personal attacks that I don't even have time to talk about because they are so unthoughtful and there without reason. 

My reply .....I didn’t personally attack you I called you a troll because you are as others have pointed out , you are also ignorant as you were sent 10 proofs of why Evolution is fact your refusal to read this information clearly demonstrates the veracity of my claims as in you are indeed an ignorant troll 

You say .....Also, you separated a large point of mine into several different parts, you have to use it as a whole not separate it. 

My reply .....You made no “point” you posted a meaningless ramble regarding the fevered perambulations of your mind which bear no significance to my attempts at attempting to get you to educate yourself on the basics of Evolution 

You say ......And just because something is peer reviewed and accepted does not mean it has been proven as fact. 

My reply .....Peer review is the accepted gold standard for those who want their work to be taken seriously let me once dispel your ignorance....

wiki .....

Peer review is the evaluation of work by one or more people with similar competences as the producers of the work (peers). It functions as a form of self-regulation by qualified members of a profession within the relevant field. Peer review methods are used to maintain quality standards, improve performance, and provide credibility. In academia, scholarly peer review is often used to determine an academic paper's suitability for publication. Peer review can be categorized by the type of activity and by the field or profession in which the activity occurs, e.g., medical peer review.

You’re welcome 

You say .......So answer my question, in order for all the Evolutionary processes and things that have taken place over a long period of time persay. The Earth must be how old do you believe? 

My reply .....Why do you think I would answer any of your ridiculous questions when you refuse to acknowledge and read the evidence for Evolution I’ve sent you?

You say .....And yes age ties in deeply to Evolution, so disprove the age and you're already disproving Evolution.) 

My reply .....Maybe you should present your “findings “ to yer scientific community seeing as you’re terrified to do so here?

You say .....If you answer this I can answer you go on please sir. (I assume sir, sorry if you are of the female gender) 

My reply .....Everything you’ve said so far has been void of implication I feel any further statements by you will be equally so as your whole aim is simply to troll

@BenShapirosCousin

You say ......@ZeusAres42 How would it be? It's a civil discussion where he has listed no evidence whatsoever. He has sent a numerous amount of links and sources but I chose this site and do not wish to debate on a site for which I have not chosen. 

My reply .....You keep saying no one had given you information yet several members have given you reams of information including me , your refesual to acknowledge this proves the veracity of my earlier claims as in you’re an ignorant troll , you’re not debating you’re trolling 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @Dee How old do you think the Earth is? (As I have said before you answer this the debating officially start.) Also, you are, as you would call it, "sealioning" at this point. You will probably copy and paste everything I say and continue on with your sealioning and avoidance of valid questions. You say I'm the troll? Well take a good look at yourself my friend. 
  • @Dee Am I not making myself clear? ALL YOU DO IS SEND LINKS TO SITES WHERE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE SMARTER THAN YOU. I sure hope you got it that time, send me actual evidence, and we can have a civil discussion of the matter. 
  • calebsicacalebsica 95 Pts   -  
    The magnetic field proves that the earth can't be a 100,000 years old. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say .....How old do you think the Earth is? (As I have said before you answer this the debating officially start.)

My reply .....The debate has started long age your failure to realize demonstrates clearly you’re an  

You say .....Also, you are, as you would call it, "sealioning" at this point.

My reply .....I’m not you dummy here is a definition for you .....

Sealiniong  is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate.

This is exactly what you’re doing you dummy 

You say .....You will probably copy and paste everything I say and continue on with your sealioning and avoidance of valid questions.

My reply .....I copy and paste your replies and respond to them you dummy 

You say .....You say I'm the troll? Well take a good look at yourself my friend. 

My reply .....You are , you’re also a dummy 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ..... Am I not making myself clear?

My reply ....You’re not no because you’re a dummy 

You say .....ALL YOU DO IS SEND LINKS TO SITES WHERE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE SMARTER THAN YOU.

My reply ......Do you want me to send a link to a site where there are people dumber than you then? I’m afraid no such site exists

You say .....sure hope you got it that time, send me actual evidence, and we can have a civil discussion of the matter. 

My reply ......I’ve sent evidence a school kid would comprehend sorry it cannot be dumbed down anymore for you 
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    @BenShapirosCousin

I never argued that you argued that Greek and Roman mythology should be gone. Frankly, I don't think you've made any arguments at all, or at least any that I've seen. As far as me staying on topic, I am actually saturating the topic thoroughly and logically. It seems like you're oh so desperately trying to turn this into a debate on the factual validity of evolution, but need I remind you that the true topic of this debate is clearly written at the top of this page. The true subject here is whether evolution should or shouldn't be taught in school. I guess your argument is that evolution shouldn't be taught in school because it's not "110% the honest truth". Umm, that's not really a valid argument here for two reasons. First, it doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this discussion. The validity of evolution is not the topic here. Second, even if evolution wasn't "110% the honest truth", that's still not a valid reason for it not to be taught because there are subjects that we know are not "110% the honest truth", yet they are still taught. You claim that Greek and Roman mythology are taught because of historical reasons, are you arguing that evolution isn't a significant historical event at the very least? Darwin arguably wrote the most controversial book ever written beside the bible!!! The controversy over this book that was written 110 years ago has not subsided at all. At the very least, it's a significant historical event, but since it's not a disproven scientific theory, it still stands to be a valid scientific subject. 

I have also never heard a science teacher say that evolution is an indisputable fact. They just teach the agenda that is laid out for them. If you hear a teacher say that evolution is an indisputable fact and you challenge them to prove it, I bet that teacher would be quite forthcoming with whatever evidence they have, which would be a very informative learning experience for all those who pay attention. If you challenge that teacher by making valid refutes to the evidence the teacher has put forth, it could potentially be an even greater learning experience for all.

I read that you said that evolution is being crammed down our throats?!?!?! Umm OK, I guess that's valid point, but I don't think anybody will fail their science class simply because they don't believe in evolution. It's not mandatory to believe in evolution, or any scientific subject matter to pass science. All that is mandatory, is that you prove you understand the subject matter. You also argued that evolution is some sort of a propaganda tool and the education system is being controlled to indoctrinate us. I find no valid argumentation in that point. If our education system were trying to indoctrinate us into what to think, they'd get better results by disallowing certain things to be taught. Blocking information from being disseminated to the masses is how you indoctrinate a society,  you don't indoctrinate a society by making as much information available as possible. I find no valid arguments from you as to why evolution shouldn't be taught in school. 
  • @Dee What evidence? You are such a troll kid. I'm so done with your crap. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ..... What evidence?

My reply .....The original link I sent you with 10 reasons why Evolution is regarded as fact , maybe get a mature adult to read it to you?

You say ......

You are such a troll kid.

My reply ....So you spend your time asking for information off everyone and when you receive it you call it “trolling” , you truly are an ignorant troll who has not contributed one argument on the topic so far 

You say ..... I'm so done with your crap. 

My reply ......I’ve already realized a while back that what rational beings accept as facts you call crap , you didn’t have to tell me that as I realized  from your first posting you were indeed a dummy 
  • @Dee Kid, I have legitimately repeated the same thing over 5 times. How are you not getting it??? This is so sad kid. Here, let me do it one. more. time. I do not want to go to a different site, I chose this site for a reason. I would like to debate here, not on a site with someone that is acting as *your big brother*. You go to him and say, "go talk to this kid, he's doing something better than I can do!" so please, if you would. LIST SOME EVIDENCE ON HERE. 
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ..... Kid, I have legitimately repeated the same thing over 5 times. How are you not getting it???

My reply .... Youre right I do not get your inability to comprehend 10 facts as to why Evolution is fact 

You say ....This is so sad kid. Here, let me do it one. more. time. I do not want to go to a different site,

My reply ......No is is asking you too , all you have to do is click the link and read the 10 simple facts it’s like magic 

You say ....I chose this site for a reason

My reply .....To troll no doubt 

You say ....I would like to debate here, not on a site with someone that is acting as *your big brother*.

My reply .....If you want to debate you really should attempt too instead of trolling , your “ big brother” analogy is  

You say ..... You go to him and say, "go talk to this kid, he's doing something better than I can do!" so please, if you would. LIST SOME EVIDENCE ON HERE. 

My reply .....You got your evidence and loads more from other members and you’re pulling the same childish nonsense because you’re to to debate as you’ve yet to present the evidence you keep saying you have ......you’re a windbag 
    Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
    @BenShapirosCousin

Did you ignore my post because of how awesomely true it is?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @piloteer Nah , I have a life. Sorry man. 
  • Dee said:
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ..... Kid, I have legitimately repeated the same thing over 5 times. How are you not getting it???

My reply .... Youre right I do not get your inability to comprehend 10 facts as to why Evolution is fact 

You say ....This is so sad kid. Here, let me do it one. more. time. I do not want to go to a different site,

My reply ......No is is asking you too , all you have to do is click the link and read the 10 simple facts it’s like magic 

You say ....I chose this site for a reason

My reply .....To troll no doubt 

You say ....I would like to debate here, not on a site with someone that is acting as *your big brother*.

My reply .....If you want to debate you really should attempt too instead of trolling , your “ big brother” analogy is  

You say ..... You go to him and say, "go talk to this kid, he's doing something better than I can do!" so please, if you would. LIST SOME EVIDENCE ON HERE. 

My reply .....You got your evidence and loads more from other members and you’re pulling the same childish nonsense because you’re to to debate as you’ve yet to present the evidence you keep saying you have ......you’re a windbag 

You literally just said that by clicking the link and going to another site I'm not going to another site, like what??? 
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ......You literally just said that by clicking the link and going to another site I'm not going to another site, like what??? 

My reply ......Here is what you actually said you ........I would like to debate here, not on a site with someone that is acting as *your big brother*

My reply .....But again you’re lying as you said I’m sending you to another site to debate there against “ big brother “ so why are you lying .....again?

You’re not very good at trolling but you do excel at being an  
    @BenShapirosCousin

I bet it's a hum dinger of a life. :/
  • THAT'S COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT! Why are you not discussing the topic of the conversation @Dee!! And you're calling me an . >Rolls eyes< 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

Its not irrelevant as I’m pointing out yet another one of your lies , let’s revisit .......

You say ......You literally just said that by clicking the link and going to another site I'm not going to another site, like what??? 

My reply ......Here is what you actually said you ........I would like to debate here, not on a site with someone that is acting as *your big brother*

My reply .....But again you’re lying as you said I’m sending you to another site to debate there against “ big brother “ so why are you lying .....again?

You’re not very good at trolling but you do excel at being an .....what? .....you’re welcome 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen The second you prove Evolution, which cannot be proven that is why it remains, a *THEORY*, then we can have an argument over other topics. But for now I think I have listed plenty of reasons in a few of my comments on why Evolution is not proven and therefore should not be taught as fact in the public school system. 
    You demonstrate a common misconception among people not familiar with science about the definition of the word "theory".

A theory is not something yet to be "proven"; in fact, a scientific theory can never be "proven", because it builds a connection between abstract descriptive language and physical reality, and such a connection cannot be proven simply because its nodes belong to different abstract spaces.

You can prove that 2+2=4, as this statement does not claim anything about the physical reality, it exists in the abstract mathematical space. You cannot prove that electricity is caused by charged particles, however, because this statement claims something about the physical reality, while the theoretical language exists in the abstract mathematical space.

A theory is not something to be proven; a theory is something to be tested to see how well it describes the observed physical reality around us. And Evolution happens to explain it all very well.

I am sorry to demolish your little argument, but that is how the cookie crumbles.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • BrandyKnightBrandyKnight 62 Pts   -  
     This is an incredibly interesting thread to read through and amusing in a twisted way. I read the word dummy used to offend someone in years. 

It is impossible to compare to separate issues. First of all, if someone believes in a supreme being that created all life, they can still agree in the concept of natural selection in the field of science. Evolution as it pertains to our bodies changing over time to better adapt to our environments is obvious in many ways and that determination was something that any of us could have noticed. However, that in no way can be used to deny that there was possibly a creator. No scientist, including Darwin himself, has been able to determine an agreed upon theory of the origin of life. There are countless hypothesis, or educated guesses, but definitely no facts whatsoever. So people are trying to compare apples to oranges and it simply doesn't work. Basically, those people who attack believers of a creator and compare it to a "fairy tale", believe in nothing more than a fairy tale themselves. So ultimately, everyone is in the same boat, regardless of what side you are on.