frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Proposals on how to tackle the issue of gun related crime

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Oh yeah, in reference to government tyranny that is still a very improbable event, the elite which encompasses a huge portion of the military would be unlikely to side with the average US citizen, and the fact there are other countries with far more firepower than any US civilian where the US military is having a hard time combatting does not mean in any sense that the average US citizen is going to get very far within the case of improbable tyranny.
    CYDdharta

• Ultimately, my opinion is that we have to fight fire with fire. The only thing that could have prevented the amount of deaths associated with gun violence over the past decades is if someone who was there was armed themselves. Period.
    Actually, I don't think it's as simple as this. I do agree that guns owned by good people that know how to use guns safely, maturely, and properly are an effective way to truncate violent gun crime. What I don't agree with, however, is that it is the only way. There still needs to be measured in place to aid in the prevention of bad or irresponsible people acquiring firearms legally or illegally. 

As citizens, I also believe we can do our own part too by spotting red flags and making calculated decisions about what to do in response to spotting red flags. 

• @TKDB ;

In whole truth the judicial courts use Capital punishment not death sentence. A criminal conducts a death sentence as part of a crime or the crime itself named murder. There is a moral obligation to point whole truth out when having this talk. As it is not always understood clearly, even more so when moving from court rooms to hall and front sept remarks, to street.

Being that their civil rights were taken from them, because of being victimized by their offenders? 

Property and ownership are a civil liberty, Life liberty and Happiness are a few self-evident truths that can go on to be described as Civil Right and Judicial Right as a United State.

• BrandyKnightBrandyKnight 62 Pts   -  
    You are right, the big picture is not simple at all. It has to do with addressing mental health issues independently. It makes people feel better to have some kind of something to ban or some new law to create. At the end of the day though, those things cannot help. The sound of it seems safer. The thought that people are doing something seems safer, but the issue is far deeper reaching than anything that can be controlled in that manner.
      My point was simply that the only way to stop gun violence in action is with guns. The city of Los Angeles learned the hard way when 2 bank robbers outgunned their entire police force. The issues are separate. We need more protection until we have more individual solutions. @ZeusAres42
    ZeusAres42
    Killers do not care about the death penalty at all. They do not care about prison. They don't care about their own lives. Again, they are not law abiding citizens and they have serious mental issues. The death penalty and laws only scare law abiding citizens. Just like gang members who verbally acknowledge and they accept that they are going to end up one of two ways-prison or dead. Do you think they care? No. That is their choice of life and no matter what the states or the federal government implements, they are still going to follow the same path.
     Laws can make you feel safer. Banning guns can make you feel safer. The death penalty can make you feel safer. None of these things make a bit of difference though to the mentally ill, gang members or criminal loose cannons. It is a bold faced lie if you are telling American people that they will be safer if laws, are harsher, penalties are harsher and guns are banned from the people who need them the most. @TKDB
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @BrandyKnight

Then what is your suggestion then?

Some of the liberals, and their pandering, to the anti death penalty crowd? 

The illegal gun dealer, apparently panders to the criminals, and the offenders, I'm guessing to profit, from their illegal gun sales to their criminal, and offender client's?

And the NRA apparently seems to pander to the pro Second Amendment gun owner crowd? 

393 million guns, millions of illegal guns, 325 million citizens, wow, look at the above leveraging that the public as a whole gets to live and deal with?

All because of the politics that's swirling around the Second Amendment in the United States?
    Then what is your suggestion then?@TKDB

My suggestion is that we focus on the roots of the problems. I am not going to pretend that I am educated in the field of mental illness nor am I an expert in preventing inner city gang violence, but there are plenty of people who are. The sad truth is that is much more complicated than laws or gun bans.  It is dangerous and short sighted to believe that the real issue is guns or the second amendment. The real issue is people and that is something that no one since the world has began, has been able to fix. 

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @BrandyKnight ;

"My suggestion is that we focus on the roots of the problems."

Here are the root of the problems:

Some of the liberals, and their pandering, to the anti death penalty crowd? 

The illegal gun dealer, apparently panders to the criminals, and the offenders, I'm guessing to profit, from their illegal gun sales to their criminal, and offender client's?

And the NRA apparently seems to pander to the pro Second Amendment gun owner crowd? 

393 million guns, millions of illegal guns, 325 million citizens, wow, look at the above leveraging that the public as a whole gets to live and deal with?

All because of the politics that's swirling around the Second Amendment in the United States? 

You made a good point here that supports my opinion. Do the math. Are guns really the problem? 
    Zombieguy1987ApplesauceZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @BrandyKnight

Yes, guns are the problem.
    CYDdhartaZombieguy1987Applesauce
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    https://desaulnier.house.gov/legislation/numbers-climate-change

"By the Numbers: America's Gun Problem

In the wake of the tragic shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, below are some important statistics. Senseless acts of gun violence are tearing apart families and communities and there are simple, commonsense solutions that the majority of Americans agree on. Republican Leadership in Congress owes it to the families of past victims and all Americans to openly debate and vote on gun violence legislation."

• The U.S. firearm homicide rate is 20 times higher than the combined rates of 22 developed countries.1
    • The United States makes up 4.4% of the world's population, but holds almost half of all civilian-owned guns worldwide.2
    • Over 58,000 Americans died fighting in the 20-year Vietnam War. The same amount of people died in gun homicides in less than 5 years.3
    • Already in 2018, there have been 30 mass shootings and more than 1,800 gun deaths.4
    • In the past 45 days there have been 18 school shootings.5
    • Since the Columbine shooting in 1999, more than 150,000 students attending 170 schools have experienced campus shootings.6
    • More people were killed or wounded during a mass shooting in 2016 than in any other year. Mass shootings are becoming deadlier.7
    • ​ Firearm homicide is the second-leading cause of death (after motor vehicle crashes) for young people ages 1-19 in the U.S.8 For men 15 to 29, gun homicides are the third-leading cause of death, after accidents and suicides.9
    • The U.S. has the highest number of privately owned guns in the world with 88.8 guns per every 100 people. The second-ranked country is Yemen, a war torn state, where there are 54.8 guns per 100 people.10
    • A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to kill or injure in a domestic homicide, suicide, or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense.11
    • In the 114th Congress (2015-2016), more than 250 bills were introduced to limit or prevent gun violence. Speaker Ryan refused a Committee hearing or floor vote on each of these bills. There was no discussion, no debate, and no accountability.12 "

"NRA Contributions

• Since the school shooting at Columbine, the National Rifle Association (NRA) has donated $11.7 million to Republican Members of Congress.13
    • The NRA contributed $30.3 million to President Trump in the 2016 election cycle.14 "

Some very educational information.
    CYDdhartaZombieguy1987Applesauce
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    https://www-vox-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-gun-violence-statistics-maps-charts?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-gun-violence-statistics-maps-charts

"America’s unique gun violence problem, explained in 17 maps and charts

In the developed world, these levels of gun violence are a uniquely American problem. Here’s why.

America is an exceptional country when it comes to guns. It’s one of the few countriesin which the right to bear arms is constitutionally protected. But America’s relationship with guns is unique in another crucial way: Among developed nations, the US is far and away the most homicidal — in large part due to the easy access many Americans have to firearms. These maps and charts show what that violence looks like compared with the rest of the world, why it happens, and why it’s such a tough problem to fix."

More educational information.

CYDdhartaZombieguy1987
  • @billbatard
    It isnt up to the federal government to issue firearms licenses

@AmericanFurryBoy ;

It is when the United States Constitution is described as the written documentation which provides this liberty to common defense to both criminal and civil welfare.
  • Where is the overall, equality and fairness at?

I had told you TKDB the equality is set on the basic principle of use and application to lethal force in both civil and criminal matters as a united state. The choice a person makes not to own a gun removes them from the necessity of equality by assuming the same burdens as Police, and Public Law Services and United State Armed Services.

This is a truth that should be states as whole truth.
  • lol, sorry was on the wrong page...………………..
  • By the way the United States does not have the highest number of gun murders statistically. In many country with civil wars which have been raging for centuries the exclusion of murder by soldier is just not counted. This is not a realistic practice as a soldier ;themselves are not instantly immune to criminal charges of murder. Even more so without a United State in Constitution which directs a common defense to their general welfare in the criminal and civil matters of a republic of armed service.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Are you a pro gun extremist?

Zombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    @John_C_87

You're tap dancing.

"By the way the United States does not have the highest number of gun murders statistically."

But the U.S. is the only country with a Second Amendment that's getting abused by both the lawful gun owner, and the illegal gun owner.

Think about that, the Bill of Rights is in a sense, getting abused by the Second Amendment.
    Zombieguy1987
  • billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    LOL, scary mommy???  How about a real source?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    But the U.S. is the only country with a Second Amendment that's getting abused by both the lawful gun owner, and the illegal gun owner.

Think about that, the Bill of Rights is in a sense, getting abused by the Second Amendment. 

From John_C_87:
    "By the way the United States does not have the highest number of gun murders statistically."

Zombieguy1987
  • TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

Are you a pro gun extremist?

@TKDB ;
    I believe guns are obsolete. So to be honest it may make me sound like an gun extremist.  Much in the way I know it sounds like discrimination for saying it is a crime to vote a woman as President of the United States. The question is do you want me to lie and agree with you? or tell the truth even though the whole truth is no popular or well known?

By the way TKDB it is the United States Consitution which is being abused. Also the idea of gun murders is a misrepratation to whole truth a bomb from a plain is a Fire-Arm, artilery fire as well. War is murder and is the foundation to which the United States Copnsiotutional common defense was established. As in the begining of the American War of independence a solder fuaght during the day and work a field, or job at night or after battle.
    @John_C_87

"I believe guns are obsolete."

You, do huh?

There are 383 million guns in the United States, in comparison to the 325 million U.S. citizens.

I think that the United States is fruitfully  abundant, with 393 guns within its borders wouldn't you?

The gun manufacturers across the country, design, create, and make guns yearly, and even print literature to advertise their upcoming gun models, in various gun shops across the country as well.

I'm unsure of how the word "obsolete," works with the given reality, where the U.S., that has 393 million guns that are in existence? 

• I'm unsure of how the word "obsolete," has any validity in a country, that has 393 million guns that are in existence?

You do not know a whole truth about information that would more than likely be necessary to have that understanding would be my guess. I do enjoy recreational shooting, non competitive, popularity and trending have very little to do with whole truth on some matters of common defense to the general welfare. I'm not here to sell you on the idea of truth or whole truth simply citing information does not insure a whole truth. Guns have gone much of the way like the sword. What there still is however is honor and dishonor this constitutional truth. Meaning basic principle and legal precedent has not changed.

To help you understand my line of though on the matter of fire-arm. As a state of the union a person obtains a right to common defense to the general welfare which includes a gun. Making a gun legal or illegal is not directly setting boundary of the United States Constitutional Right.

Again, in basic principle the legal precedent is that a person who does not own a fire-arm is equal in blame in mass shooting by united state as the person who does not own a firearm and does not conduct the crime. Is this civil liability in Court addressed equally by lawsuit settlements statistically?

Applesauce
    @John_C_87

What does your below statement have to do with this individual forum?

"Much in the way I know it sounds like discrimination for saying it is a crime to vote a woman as President of the United States. The question is do you want me to lie and agree with you? or tell the truth even though the whole truth is no popular or well known?"

Where is your legitimate evidence to support your individual statements?

(Facts, sound bites, quotations from real life sources, that can cooberate your own word choices?)

"By the way TKDB it is the United States Consitution which is being abused."

"Also the idea of gun murders is a misrepratation"

"to whole truth a bomb from a plain is a Fire-Arm, artilery fire as well."

"War is murder and is the foundation to which the United States Copnsiotutional common defense was established."

"As in the begining of the American War of independence a solder fuaght during the day and work a field, or job at night or after battle."

Can CNN, MSNBC, NPR, ABC, CBS, NBC, OAN, or even YouTube, provide some legitimate evidence, to cooberate, and support your above, individual claims? 
    @John_C_87

Are you maybe, trying to educate the public in general, with your apparent, "on truth, or a whole truth philosophy?"

(What books, did you read, to help you rationalize, the below points of you, that you came up with?)

"You do not know a whole truth about information that would more than likely be necessary to have that understanding would be my guess. I do enjoy recreational shooting, non competitive, popularity and trending have very little to do with whole truth on some matters of common defense to the general welfare. I'm not here to sell you on the idea of truth or whole truth simply citing information does not insure a whole truth. Guns have gone much of the way like the sword. What there still is however is honor and dishonor this constitutional truth. Meaning basic principle and legal precedent has not changed.

To help you understand my line of though on the matter of fire-arm. As a state of the union a person obtains a right to common defense to the general welfare which includes a gun. Making a gun legal or illegal is not directly setting boundary of the United States Constitutional Right.

Again, in basic principle the legal precedent is that a person who does not own a fire-arm is equal in blame in mass shooting by united state as the person who does not own a firearm and does not conduct the crime. Is this civil liability in Court addressed equally by lawsuit settlements statistically?"

• In truth the number of people interview like you about their understanding played a more significant role in identify lies and truth. Books, dictionary, papers, reports, statistics, records read and studied are a truth as a basic principle. The idea is the construction of whole truth which is picked up by even the most basic legal literature and experiences most people all share addressed as state, or understanding might be a better word.

A traffic ticket and a major felony crime both are expected to be result of whole truth not just a truth. The basic principle of the atomic clock is that the Atomic bomb made guns obsolete. The idea the at WWII stopped WWIII. The basic principle of the atomic clock is that the Atomic bomb made guns obsolete, the understanding of disease and its erratic  behavior in general made the described use of the atomic bomb obsolete.

@John_C_87

I get you now, your individual philosophy is this:

You're using the Internet to educate individuals, with your mindset on how you view realities truth, with this: "On truth, or a whole truth philosophy?"

No, thank you.

Your philosophy, is yours and yours alone.

"Books, dictionary, papers, reports, statistics, records read and studied are a truth as a basic principle. The idea is the construction of whole truth which is picked up by even the most basic legal literature and experiences most people all share addressed as state, or understanding might be a better word."

What are those book titles?
    What are the titles, to those papers, or reports, or statistics, or records, that you are talking about?

It's easy to generalize, but some reality behind the supposed materials that you have mentioned would be both educational, and informative, if they could be read in person, per the Title, of each reference source that you have alluded to? 
  • Well what are you looking for precisely why guns are obsolete? Why atomic missiles are obsolete? Why atomic bombs are obsolete? I can direct you better understanding what it is you are looking for. I will also like documents signed detailing information you receive you are assuming a burden of knowledge on which caries certain responsibility of truth. There is a legal value that can be collected in the assembly of data. @TKDB
  • Less Dangerous and obsolete are different analogy's. 
    @John_C_87

More of your "truth philosophy," right? 

I expressed this to you:

("Books, dictionary, papers, reports, statistics, records read and studied are a truth as a basic principle. The idea is the construction of whole truth which is picked up by even the most basic legal literature and experiences most people all share addressed as state, or understanding might be a better word."

What are those book titles?
    What are the titles, to those papers, or reports, or statistics, or records, that you are talking about?

It's easy to generalize, but some reality behind the supposed materials that you have mentioned would be both educational, and informative, if they could be read in person, per the Title, of each reference source that you have alluded to?)

And your response is the below? 

"Well what are you looking for precisely why guns are obsolete? Why atomic missiles are obsolete? Why atomic bombs are obsolete? I can direct you better understanding what it is you are looking for. I will also like documents signed detailing information you receive you are assuming a burden of knowledge on which caries certain responsibility of truth. There is a legal value that can be collected in the assembly of data.  

Less Dangerous and obsolete are different analogy's."

When any mass shooter, in the past, murdered kids, teenagers, parents, and seniors with their guns, who would have thought, that a pro gun individual, would provide the type of conversation that you have, when it comes to defending your pro gun philosophy, or your truth philosophy? 

You know what youre doing, right? 

You're giving your pro gun opinion, and pro gun philosophy, and your "truth philosophy," a voice?

But what has become apparent, you seem to be lacking a voice for those slain kids, teenagers, parents, and seniors killed by those mass shooters, who killed them in cold blood, with their guns?

Your truth philosophy, has taught me that.

• Respectfully, if you think someone is a pro-gun extremist then it makes absolutely no sense to even try to attempt to reason with them as you cannot reason a person out of a position they never even reasoned themselves into in the first place.

Applesauce

@ZeusAres42

I don't know of anyone who is a pro gun extremist, but the pro gun owners, I think have to a degree, have explained, their individual pro gun philosophies as they have chosen to by now?

"Respectfully, if you think someone is a pro-gun extremist then it makes absolutely no sense to even try to attempt to reason with them as you cannot reason a person out of a position they never even reasoned themselves into in the first place."

And their individual pro gun philosophies, have been given plenty of voicing via their individual points of views?

And a voice as well towards those U.S. citizens, who don't own guns, or a gun, like the pro gun owners own? 

Those are some of the examples, of their educational styles.

A gun is a double edged sword.
    Zombieguy1987
  • @ZeusAres42 ;

TKDB cannot understand a basic principle I understand guns to be obsolete. It is not some complicated idea requiring ability to grasp how any pro gun extremist would fit into that understanding obsolete interpretation would be on TKDB.  

@TKDB
    But what has become apparent, you seem to be lacking a voice for those slain kids,
    Do you mean the children without access to protection by a basic shield? To put a little perspective here on a real negligence a public building like school has a fire door, and fire walls. Why ? It was a result of fires which burned schools and children thus an action as response took place.
    Applesauce
  • It seems like this discussion has transformed from a political debate to a long-winded and needlessly torturous philosophical debate. 

• @ZeusAres42 ;

Where self-sacrifice is often torture the debate being made is a child can be placed in danger and defended with lethal force as a long as it is not directly in front of them and takes place far away. Which by principle is reasonable considering the actions talked about. We simply do not always have that liberty by choice and vote, unless a common defense is shared between all people by united state. The state of the union would in this matter would be make everyone own a gun and receive training at a regulated set cost, placing fines and criminal charges against those who refuse, or provide a common defense like ballistic shields and safe rooms in schools. To which without and uncertainty these things will also be abused by some needing governing by legislation.
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

that's usually what happens, it devolves into wishful thinking, fantasy and "what ifs".  People continue to bark up the wrong tree.  Point in case with all the democratic candidates talking about gun bans etc, that is driving sales just like when Obama did it.  Why they continue to make the same mistakes rather than learn from the previous ones made I'll never understand.  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.  Crime and criminals is a complicated subject where as the knee jerk response for more laws and bans is not.  Though the latter won't fix the core issue.  I don't recall the gentleman's name but he was discussing (on tv) the proposed minimum wage increases to $15/hour etc.  The gist of what he said was basically it will reduce jobs and or make them more attractive to adults thereby leaving little to no job opportunities to teens and college students.  In the poor areas especially this will increase poverty and crime.  Which makes a lot of sense if you really think about it.  Are the prisons full of middle class people?  wealthy?  or poor?  Though I haven't really looked nor do I have the time currently, but it seems to me a proactive approach to reduce all crimes will also reduce violent crimes and or murders.  Generally speaking I don't think non violent criminals should be put in prison with violent criminals as I see a potential to turn the non violent into violent.
    I'm not sure how accurate these figures are, but I think the thought process is correct https://archive.attn.com/stories/1382/fixing-americas-mass-incarceration-problem   And as such you should be able to see the vast amounts and areas for improvement in the criminal system.
    Then you have to ask why something as plain as the nose on your face goes mostly ignored.  Private prisons, money obviously.  Then I would say political pandering is also in the top 2 reasons.
    Reducing the out look of hopelessness with a vision for a brighter future would go a long way in reducing crime imo.  
    Now add in the factor of the candidates who want to let violent criminals vote, even though they never brought it up before to any real degree and it should be obvious much of this issue is all about building a voter base.
    Trump managed to do some (not enough) prison reform and focusing on the economy.  It will be interesting to see how those things affect the crime rates in that time period.  You see there is great benefit to keeping people poor and down.  They will believe the empty promises you make to them and gain their votes.  That's been going on for a long, long time.  Criminals are the easiest to keep down and they have families many times.  The bottom line is this is never or rarely about any real reform or crime reduction but rather about control, people control not gun or crime control.  It's really that simple when you boil it all down.  
    Next consider how lenient, tolerant schools are becoming to disrespect and violence.  They are creating the next generation of criminals at the school level now.  That is what we should all be worried about. 
    Plaffelvohfen
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

"Do you mean the children without access to protection by a basic shield? To put a little perspective here on a real negligence a public building like school has a fire door, and fire walls. Why ? It was a result of fires which burned schools and children thus an action as response took place."

What is your definition of a basic shield?

Ballistic shielding? 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    And again, the U.S. is the only country with a Second Amendment that's getting abused by some of the lawful gun owners, and the illegal gun owner.

• First yes, Ballistic Shield Google it. Hard to believe we can get Humvee’s on the road but can get a ballistic shield at schools after kids have been killed. In many cases not much need be done to refit fire doors to pull double duty. This is a pretty clear state of the Union address.

The United States is the only Country that has a United State Constitution. It is America’s United States Constitution. Think about the Bill of Rights in a sense of getting abused. Well what is the united State held in a writing of cost as right? Nothing, it is a declaration by basic principle relating to no civil cost or self-value.

The United State use of Military draft is constitutional held illegal. This does not make the shared burden of lethal force illegal under a military code of conduct. There is a section of right which in truth becomes negated when a person makes choices to remove them self from the common defense of a general welfare for everyone. It is not illegal it is civil negligence if the people who will not share the burden of ownership order others to kill on their behalf. Not only on an international level but on a domestic level as well.

Applesauce
    @TKDB

laws not followed, abused by people etc, we call them criminals.

Going off of what John_C has said.....

a person who is obviously intent in harming/killing people,  do you feel you have any moral or civil obligation to defend those people if you can do so without being killed yourself?

Now if the country is under attack by another country, aliens, zombies whatever do you feel you have any moral or civil obligation to defend the country?

lets say a person is going to attack you with a large knife or sword, do you have any moral or civil obligation to defend yourself?

in those scenarios you have the option to pick anything that actually exists as your tool for defense, what would you choose and why?

The Animals
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Applesauce

Because there are more guns than people in the United States.

So the United States has a gun problem.

Along with an illegal gun ownership problem.

There are US citizens who have developed a gun addiction problem, and their crimes against their innocent victim's, are a result of their gun addiction abuse.

And again, the U.S. is the only country with a Second Amendment that's getting abused by some of the lawful gun owners, and the illegal gun owner.

Zombieguy1987
    TKDB said:
    @Applesauce

Because there are more guns than people in the United States.

Along with an illegal gun ownership problem.

There are US citizens who have developed a gun addiction problem, and their crimes against their innocent victim's, are a result of their gun addiction abuse.

# of guns is irrelevant since the vast majority of owners do no commit gun crimes

illegal gun ownership is a, and the proper focus on the problem

gun addiction problem?  source?  stats?  proof?

gun crimes still happen in other countries that don't have anything like the 2a thus no 2a abuse yet there are still illegal gun owners and gun crimes, so that premise is absurd.

think about it criminals don't follow laws.
    The Animals
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Applesauce

"# of guns is irrelevant since the vast majority of owners do no commit gun crimes

illegal gun ownership is a, and the proper focus on the problem

gun addiction problem?  source?  stats? 
    proof?"

Some Americans are addicted to illegal drugs, they're addicted to tobacco, they're addicted to alcohol, they're addicted to drunk driving, drugged driving, they're addicted to being high, while at their places of work.

The United States, when it comes to illegal drugs, uses them more, than any other country.

There are some gun owners, who have enough guns to arm a half a dozen, to a  dozen people, easily.

All of the above is common knowledge.

The research is available online:

https://www-psychologytoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/time-out/201803/americas-gun-addiction?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/time-out/201803/americas-gun-addiction

"America's Gun Addiction

Our nation is addicted to guns, with increasingly deadly consequences."

"Wherever you find addiction, there you find denial.  The alcoholic who says, “I can quit any time I want,” and the gambling addict who says, “If I hit this time it’ll all work out,” are in the same boat as those who say, “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”  They are all addicts in denial, refusing to see the overwhelming evidence of the damage caused by their behavior.

When allowed to continue unchecked, addictions destroy lives."

"The neuroscience of addiction is the same regardless of the behavior or substance.   The brain doesn’t care if it’s porn addiction, shopping addiction, cigarette addiction, video game addiction or whatever you like, including gun addiction.  Here’s how it works:  Dopamineis the brain’s neurotransmitter that is released when you expect a reward – when you expect pleasure.  The brain is flooded with dopamine when a shooter prepares to fire a gun. Firing a gun releases endorphins – the pleasure hormones – the same ones we experience with sex, with taking certain substances, and with other enjoyable activities.  Since the pleasure (BANG! and endorphins) follows the anticipation so quickly and reliably, the brain easily learns to connect the psychological loop: guns – dopamine – pleasure/endorphins.  Some brains then become preoccupied with seeking more dopamine.  More guns.

The desire for more is another defining characteristic of addiction.  The addict develops tolerance and requires more to get the same rush. Americans own more guns in absolute and relative terms than any other nation. We own about half the world’s guns although we make up only 5% of the world’s population.

And some of us own a great many guns.  Stephen Paddock, the Las Vegas concert murderer who committed the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, was found to have an arsenal of 47 deadly weapons.  That put him in the 3% of gun owners who own large numbers of guns.  This is exactly what addiction theory predicts - some users will seek more guns, bigger guns, with more firepower, in order to achieve the feelings they seek."

"When President Trump visited the hospital where some of the victims of the latest schoolshooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. Florida were being treated, he paid his respects to the doctors. 

A genuine show of respect from the President would be heeding the doctors’ words about gun policy. 

Organizations representing nearly half a million physicians and medical students, including family physicians, pediatricians and psychiatrists, called on the President and Congress to do the following:

1.  Call gun violence what it is, a national public health epidemic.

2.  Establish constitutionally appropriate restrictions on the manufacturing and sale, for civilian use, of large-capacity magazines and firearms with features designed to increase their rapid and extended killing capacity."

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/firearms-addiction-just-collecting-problem/

"Firearms Addiction, or just a Collecting Problem?

The Arms Guide Guest Writer | 03.04.2017

Do you have a problem with firearms? Or are you a full-on gunaholic? Before you start looking for a Dropkick Murphy’s Drying-Out Academy for gun addiction, you should consider the signs and symptoms of this increasingly common addiction. Adapted from this site’s list of issues with an older but equally common addiction.

It’s hard to be objective when it comes to figuring out whether you or your loved one has a problem with gun collecting. Emotions run high, rationalizations and denials lead to confusion and it can seem hard to draw the line between what’s acceptable and what’s going too far. Although the boundaries are fuzzy, issues with guns are either classed as “gun problem” or “gun dependence.” Problem gun collectors don’t have a full-fledged addiction to guns, but their acquisition may be starting to take its toll on their everyday lives and they are at greatly increased risk for becoming dependent later. So while some of the warning signs of gun dependency are technically signs of problem gun acquisition, there is a lot of overlap, and identifying either one is cause for concern. Here are 10 of the most important things to look out for in yourself or your loved one:

1. Lying About or Hiding Your Gun Collecting – Denial is common with people having problems with gun collecting, so both problem gun collectors and addicts might buy secretively or lie about how much they buy to make it seem like less of an issue. This can be hard to spot for anybody but the individual, due to its very nature, but it’s an important sign of a more serious problem.
    1. Collecting to Relax or Feel Better – Almost all people struggling with addiction abuse their substance of choice for emotional reasons. Whether it’s stress, depression, anxiety or anything else, using GunBroker as a method of easing negative feelings is a risky habit—the “relief” it provides is only temporary and it ordinarily makes things worse in the long run. If you bid more when you’ve had a stressful day or need to refresh your Watch List to feel like you can really relax, it’s a big sign that you’re using gun collecting as an emotional crutch.
    1. “Blacking Out” Regularly – Buying so much that you have no memory of what you have bought is another red flag for a problem with collecting. So is buying something because you forgot you already own one, or talking yourself into “upgrading” a piece when you know you’ll never part with the original. Simply put, it means you buy way too much. If you find this happening to you (or notice it happening to someone else), you have to ask what is driving you to collect so excessively? You don’t need to black out to have fun, so what’s the real reason?
    1. Being Unable to Stop Once You Start – If you always pursue every roll-marking variation once you’ve bought one piece, or hunt down every exotic sub-version when even another specialist’s eyes glaze over when you try to explain the hair-splitting difference, it’s another sign you aren’t in full control of your collecting and you may have a problem.
    1. Collecting in Dangerous Situations – Buying when you really shouldn’t—like browsing GunBroker at work, rerouting your convoy to go to the village where the elder’s uncle  is a gunsmith in Darra Adam Khel, or buying against your wife’s orders when she’s one more little .25 from taking the kids and going back to her mother with half your stuff—is an important sign of problem collecting. Even if something hasn’t gone wrong yet, every time you do something like this you run the risk of serious consequences. Regularly taking those risks strongly implies that gun buying is the main priority in your life.
    1. Neglecting Your Responsibilities – If you’re having problems at work, school or with your household responsibilities because of your gun buying, you have a problem. Guns have crossed the line from an occasional indulgence to something that seriously impacts your day-to-day functioning.
    1. Having Trouble in Your Relationships – This is closely related to the last point, but it’s in many ways more important. If your collecting is causing problems with your closest friends, your significant other or your family, it’s an indication that guns are a bigger priority than even the most important people in your life. These last two symptoms are general signs of any addiction, and might mean that your issues are going beyond the problem-collector stage.
    1. Being Able to Collect More Than You Used To – Tolerance is another key sign of addiction, so if you can collect more than you used to and need to buy more than you did before in order to get that happy feeling, it’s a strong indicator that you’re becoming an gunoholic. It means your body is exposed to firearms regularly enough that it has adapted to cope with it better.
    1. Experiencing Withdrawal – Withdrawal is different from a hangover; it’s the reaction to the lack of gun acquisition rather than a direct effect of too much buying. If you start to feel irritable, tired, depressed, nauseous or anxious when you haven’t bought a gun, there’s a possibility you’re going through withdrawal. Other signs include having trouble sleeping, losing your appetite and experiencing shakiness or trembling.
    1. Trying to Quit but Being Unable to – If you have realized your gun collecting is becoming a problem (or someone who cares about you has) and tried to make a change but have been unsuccessful, you should seriously consider finding additional help. Deciding to quit gun collecting shows that you understand the impacts it’s having on your life, but the fact that you’re unable to means there’s a big chance you’re struggling with gun addiction."

"gun crimes still happen in other countries that don't have anything like the 2a thus no 2a abuse yet there are still illegal gun owners and gun crimes, so that premise is absurd.

think about it criminals don't follow laws."

Kids being murdered in a school by a mass shooters gun violence is absurd.

A parent going home, and then killing their spouse, and then their kids as well, is absurd.

Race on race gun violence is absurd.

Non race on race gun violence is absurd.

"think about it, criminals don't follow law's"

So blame the criminal, but excuse the criminals guns that the criminal used to murder kids, teenagers, parents, and seniors with, right? 

Isn't that what youre apparently doing, excusing the gun, but in a sense, throwing some shade at the criminal, for not following a law? 

That's absurd.
    @TKDB

firstly ROLF

"Some Americans are addicted to illegal drugs, they're addicted to tobacco, they're addicted to alcohol, they're addicted to drunk driving, drugged driving, they're addicted to being high, while at their places of work."
    blah blah blah people can become addicted to anything yep bfd, how many have?  and what negative out come, other than to themselves has been the result?

excusing the gun?  are you blaming the gun?  an inanimate object?  do you blame forks for obesity?
    A drunk driver who kills someone, blame the alcohol?  Alcohol producer/manufacturer?  The car manufacturer?  The car dealership?
    The Animals
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Applesauce

(Some Americans are addicted to illegal drugs, they're addicted to tobacco, they're addicted to alcohol, they're addicted to drunk driving, drugged driving, they're addicted to being high, while at their places of work.)

"blah blah blah people can become addicted to anything yep bfd, how many have?  and what negative out come, other than to themselves has been the result?"

So the above is your counter argument, to tbe below?

Kids being murdered in a school by a mass shooters gun violence is absurd.

A parent going home, and then killing their spouse, and then their kids as well, is absurd.

Race on race gun violence is absurd.

Non race on race gun violence is absurd.

So blame the criminal, but excuse the criminals guns that the criminal used to murder kids, teenagers, parents, and seniors with, right? 

Isn't that what youre apparently doing, excusing the gun, but in a sense, throwing some shade at the criminal, for not following a law? 

That's absurd. 

"excusing the gun?  are you blaming the gun?  an inanimate object?  do you blame forks for obesity?
    A drunk driver who kills someone, blame the alcohol?  Alcohol producer/manufacturer?  The car manufacturer?  The car dealership?"

Here are you counter arguments that are off topic,

"Are you blaming the gun?
    An inanimate object?
    Do you blame forks for obesity? 
    A drunk driver who kills someone, blame the alcohol?
    Alcohol producer/ manufacturer?
    The car manufacturer, dealership?"

All of the above, are off topic, biased pro gun talking points.

Some of you pro gun owner brethren, used your same "Used," talking points, when former POTUS Obama was in office.

And the surprising thing about the above point of view, no lawful gun owners had their guns taken from them, did they?

Given, that at the time that was a speculative, and presumed situation, wasn't it, and the reaction to that self fueled speculation, and presumption that lead to more guns being bought, as a reaction, to self created speculation, right?

And a buyers tsunami of gun purchases, took off during then President Obama's time in office.

No, you're hiding behind the Second Amendment, that gets abused by the criminals, and offenders, who have murdered innocent people in cold blood.

TKDB said:
    @Applesauce

(Some Americans are addicted to illegal drugs, they're addicted to tobacco, they're addicted to alcohol, they're addicted to drunk driving, drugged driving, they're addicted to being high, while at their places of work.)

"blah blah blah people can become addicted to anything yep bfd, how many have?  and what negative out come, other than to themselves has been the result?"

So the above is your counter argument, to tbe below?

*****you haven't proven addiction in any tangible way, so there's nothing to counter

That's absurd. 

"excusing the gun?  are you blaming the gun?  an inanimate object?  do you blame forks for obesity?
    A drunk driver who kills someone, blame the alcohol?  Alcohol producer/manufacturer?  The car manufacturer?  The car dealership?"

Here are you counter arguments that are off topic,

"Are you blaming the gun?
    An inanimate object?
    Do you blame forks for obesity? 
    A drunk driver who kills someone, blame the alcohol?
    Alcohol producer/ manufacturer?
    The car manufacturer, dealership?"

All of the above, are off topic, biased pro gun talking points.

*****it's not actually, the same logic of blaming an object should be used consistently are you willing to do that and blame everything that is harmful?

And a buyers tsunami of gun purchases, took off during then President Obama's time in office.

No, you're hiding behind the Second Amendment, that gets abused by the criminals, and offenders, who have murdered innocent people in cold blood.

*****I'm not a criminal I don't need to hide behind anything, you aren't making any sense, try again.

The Animals
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Applesauce

You don't have to be criminal, to make up your "Applesauce," name, then come to this website, to protest those individuals, who aren't being supportive of your pro gun enthusiast mindset?

So, in a sense, you are hiding behind the Second Amendment, your made up name, and behind your computer as well, to protest, whoever doesn't agree, with your pro gun opinion, right?
    @TKDB

I don't think you understand what negative and positive rights are and how they apply to the U.S. constitution and Bill of Rights.
    the 2a is a formal recognition of my right, I don't need to hide behind anything.
    The Animals
  • Because there are more guns than people in the United States.

I am going to agree with you here. Even though there is a gun for every person in the united states of America, they in fact do not share the burden of lethal force equally with all those who have given there very lives to defend them. It is easily understandable why this responsibility is to be taken from other when civil law so eagerly only  points out this injustice from the brave and not cowardice in others.

I’m not to blame trained others to kill for me, I cannot be trusted.