frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

shouldn't trump not be considered a christian?

Debate Information

he has said that he has no need to ask God for forgiveness. he has also said his favorite bible verse is 'an eye for an eye'. jesus condemned both of those mindsets. this isn't even mentioning his policies. 

don't these things disqualify trump as a christian? 
AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    It is for Jesus Christ to decide, not me. Judge not lest ye be judged, or so the left likes to say, UNLESS it conflicts with their narrative.
    Zombieguy1987
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Well, technically he was baptized... And he only has to profess a "deeply held belief" about being a christian and every court will recognize him as such so he is one... Now we can probably argue about him being a "good" christian or not, but that would be subjective...

Who's "more" christian, Catholics? Baptists? Calvinists? Presbyterians? Methodists? Anglicans? Mormons? etc... They all can't be right... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Is every person who does not believe that a woman must be a property of men automatically disqualified from being a Muslim? Is every person who does not believe in a perfect free market with no governmental involvement automatically disqualified from being a capitalist? Is every person who does not agree that General Relativity Theory has been researched enough for its postulates to be trustworthy automatically disqualified from being a physicist?

Labels are flexible and continuous. There are many ways to exercise a certain system of beliefs, many interpretations of it, and many ways to communicate it to others.

I do not know if Trump is a Christian, and I do not think anyone but him truly knows it.
    Zombieguy1987
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    A more specific question:
    Is Trump a follower of Christ?
    Because when someone claims to be a follower of Christ then they claim to support his viewpoints, teachings, and adhere to his laws.

Warfare
    Does Trump show love to his enemies?
    Luke 6:27: “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,”-NASB

Lying
    Does Trump do the best he can to adhere to his words?
    Hebrews 10:26: “For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,”-NASB

Improper speech
    Does Trump intentionally use unclean language?
    Ephesians 4:29: “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.”-NASB

Respect
    Does Trump respect others viewpoint?
    Philippians 2:3, 4: “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. ”-NASB

If you are a true follower of Christ you would not go to war. This eliminates all Christians who support political factions (including the United States). The Bible is about being neutral, showing love to everyone including your enemies.
    In fact the Bible says:
    1 John 4:20 “If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a ; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.”-NASB
    Romans 12:17-21 “17Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, i will repay,” says the Lord. “But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”-NASB

Remember there are a lot of pseudo Christians.
    It is one thing to make mistakes, but another to claim to be a follower of Christ and directly oppose his viewpoints, his teachings, and laws.

AlofRI
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  

He's not Christian, but he is the Antichrist.

AlofRI
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    I've heard the POTUS state many times, before many of the news media outlet news cameras, "God bless the United States."

And, he's done this, in the real world public forums.

And, as I've stated before, I'm pro athiest, theist, and pro religion.

I view him as being pro God, being, that he hasn't presented me with any real world evidence, to the contrary, of that evidence.

AlofRIZombieguy1987
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; Said: "It is for Jesus Christ to decide, not me".  Hmmm. Why is it you feel that way about Trump, and not about a woman who feels she needs an abortion? The woman is making a personal decision (a hard one). Trump is making decisions that effect ALL of U.S. …. "unholy ones", by large part! He's only been to church to be married or a funeral! OBVIOUSLY doesn't believe in (or ignores) the Ten Commandments. Is doing his best to devastate "Gods Creation", is using children as pawns, could be starting an "unholy war" (one for little reason), doesn't give a damn about the poor or sick or elderly! I could go on , but, why?  The Christians on the left (and there are millions, don't forget), don't care for "His Un-Holiness", his false "Christian" narrative, and even U.S. atheists of the left KNOW we are (mostly) Holier-than-him, because WE don't like what he is doing to humanity … "God's Creations", if you must. But, it's not for you to judge??
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 169 Pts   -  

@TKDB

Addressing your post stating that you believe Trump is pro-god, you didn't mention in what remaining pagan god concept you were referring too!

Simply put,  was it Yahweh, Jesus, or Allah?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast

You're anti religious, right?

"Addressing your post stating that you believe Trump is pro-god, you didn't mention in what remaining pagan god concept you were referring too!"

So, if that might be the likely real world situation in regards to you, does Trump believing in God, personally affect your individual way of life, whatsoever? 

If he isn't personally affecting your individual way of life at all, then what are you basing your anti religious argument on? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • RyanHoughRyanHough 71 Pts   -  
    You can believe what you believe but nothing you say can really make you "not a Christian" it's up to god to decide not idiots on the internet that think trumps a bad person. Trump has the mindset of someone who gets things done. Quit nagging on him and realize that his term is almost up. He's Christian and that won't change just because of a few statements.
    Dr_Maybe said:

He's not Christian, but he is the Antichrist.

That makes absolutely no sense. 
    @RyanHough

In your statements regarding Trump, you were kidding us, correct? LOL

Trump is no more a pseudo-christian than I am being an Atheist!  He defines "pseudo-christian" to the letter, one direct situation is the FACT that holding back immigrants, separating their children from them with no way of getting them back together, and calling upon the US soldier to help in curbing immigration, is ungodly to the mythical serial killer Jesus the Christ!

“If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God, that your brother may live beside you.” ( Leviticus 25:35-36)

Did you want to say that Jesus' inspired words above was wrong in this passage, that therefore makes you a pseudo-christian hypocrite? Huh?

@TKDB

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE: "If he isn't personally affecting your individual way of life at all, then what are you basing your anti religious argument on? "

The  Trump is affecting the lives of non-religious citizens, in the way of promoting inept pseudo-christians to positions within the government, and then making decisions based upon your primitive Bronze and Iron Age bible, GET IT?  Does the abortion situation and many other entities relating to your pagan faith ring a bell? HUH?

Too bad my debate regarding your biblical ignorance upon pseudo-christians being psychotic was removed, because I was going to make you the continued pseudo-christian fool that you are in the 21st century!

ok good for you. guess you can learn more than a high schooler! congrats on nothing cuz i don't care.