frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The race to build the world’s first sex robot - going too far?

Debate Information

The $30bn sex tech industry is about to unveil its biggest blockbuster: a $15,000 robot companion that talks, learns, and never says no
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/27/race-to-build-world-first-sex-robot

The article is a long read, but really fascinating that gives us a history lesson and a glimpse into the future.

Is it going too far, or is another great invention applying AI?
While many of the benefits are pretty self explanatory - companionship and on demand satisfation - ethical and social issues come to the top of the list of concerns.

passedbillyolostideWhyTrumpsiokmmmm19dropoutSilverishGoldNova
  1. Live Poll

Is it going too far, or is another great invention applying AI?

10 votes
    1. Too far
      90.00%
    2. Great invention
      10.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• passedbillpassedbill 80 Pts   -  
    It's way too far, but there may be a market for the robot.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @passedbill, i think that you are right.  The $30bb current market will be explode, especially as the robot will drop in price from $15k to sub $1k and technology will exponentially improve.  Scary though about prospects of humanity as it evolves.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    The only thing this supports is the creeps we already have.  Have we not learned from our movies though?  https://moviepilot.com/posts/2883113

Let's not add any more features please....
    yolostide
  • yolostideyolostide 95 Pts   -  
    I disagree with @supersith89 , I see your point in the debate on promoting people with little to no sex lives and promoting youngsters into this lifestyle. Although, I think that people would be able to practices safe sex with the bots and due to that may decrease unplanned parent hood.
    riddle12
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    Yea, but then you have the problem of sex before marriage.  I know it isn't human, but I'm sure it is pretty wrong.  
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    it will definitely introduce social disfunction in many cases.  All these guys who will now expect similar kiss- and obidience from real women will set unsustainable expectations that will make marriages fail.
    siokmmmm19
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • siokmmmm19siokmmmm19 13 Pts   -  
    It's not a good idea and can affect human reproduction.
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    I want one.....but, it's probably not a good idea for our society 
      >:)
  • dropoutdropout 39 Pts   -  
    This is going way too far and can hurt natural human reproduction etc.