frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

for myself

Debate Information

yesterday I made a work bench. I made it for myself, not for the termites that got into it. last week I made a swimming pool. For myself, not for the neighborhood kids. When people make things, it is generally made for whom ever made it. The same goes for the universe. If there is a creator, it is more-than-likely that the universe was created for the purpose of the individual(s) who made it; not for our use. We are just by-products of the creation. Please no circular reasoning by pointing at the bible and say the  bible says differently.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You state .....The same goes for the universe.

My reply .....The same does not go for the Universe that’s merely your opinion how do you know the mind of a god?

You say .....If there is a creator, it is more-than-likely that the universe was created for the purpose of the individual(s) who made it; not for our use.

My reply .....Yes indeed IF , Why is it more likely what do you base this assumption on if you do not know the mind of a god?
    maxxGeorge_Horse
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee for the same reason that you believe that you know the mind of god. You should research on how the Bible was originally compiled and written; any open minded individual would do so.
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

You say ......for the same reason that you believe that you know the mind of god.

My reply .......Oh so it’s a particular god as in the Christian god you speak of , I don’t believe in a god I know the alleged  nature though of the fictitious Christian god the same way Christians do by reading the Bible 

You say .....You should research on how the Bible was originally compiled and written; any open minded individual would do so.

My reply ......I’m an expert on the Bible , you’re not and I doubt you’ve even read it. You’re certainly not open minded as your whole debate topic is merely an opinion piece stating there is god because you say so 
    PlaffelvohfenmaxxAlofRIZombieguy1987George_Horse
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    Again being anti religious, is voluntary.

Just as being religious, is voluntary.

And the internet, is where some of the anti religious, gather to protest religion, via their various, anti religious mindsets? 

Just as parishioners gather in a religious building, to engage in their individual religious beliefs? 
    PlaffelvohfenDeeZombieguy1987George_Horse
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee on the contrary, I have read it several times and if you have researched it then you should know of the many changes the early church put into it. The original manuscripts are so far removed from what we read today that it has lost the original message 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say ......

on the contrary, I have read it several times and if you have researched it then you should know of the many changes the early church put into it. The original manuscripts are so far removed from what we read today that it has lost the original message 

My reply .....Good for you so we have both read it several times. Why do you once again assume I’ve not researched it what do you base this assessment on?

George_Horse
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Deeper perhaps I should have put this in the philosophy department; I may have gotten answers that actually relate to my post rather than from those who point at the Bible 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Who knows... Maybe the creator of this universe (IF there is one, and that's a big IF) is just a creation of someone else and its job is to create universes on an assembly line... This creation would then not be created for the purpose of this creator...

I don't know that this supposition would be less-than-likely than your supposition, I mean with IFs, we could put Paris in a bottle right? 
    AlofRImaxx
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    My research is what a very religious friend who dropped out of a very prominent religious school because he couldn't believe what he was being taught. According to him the TRUTH they walked around was: The Bible's parts were written either in ancient Hebrew or Aramaic, on stone, papyrus, etc., sometimes only fragments of which survived. This was interpreted and written several times by hand, then translated into ancient koine Greek (by the Emperor Constantine and his passionate "monks" (or whatever they were called), and copied by hand several times, then translated into Latin and copied by hand several times, and then translated into Elizabethan English and printed, with opportunities for error and misinterpretation (by passionate belief?), at every single stage. 

That makes it a book of hearsay at best. Now, if the author of said book would show up once in a while, instead of being off creating new galaxies, we could get the mistakes corrected, rid ourselves of false "gods", and ALL believe what would be unarguably true … while we rid ourselves of the main causes of war. S/HE/IT could explain why S/HE/IT HAS to create disasters or diseases that kill hundreds / thousands of creations, explain what we could do to save the "created world", or maybe find out that we are just an old model that's being traded in. Walking around blind … or having to follow some person who says he has a connection to the Creator, and knows exactly what S/HE/IT's thoughts are, is causing a LOT of problems, especially where there are SO MANY who disagree about S/HE/IT'S thoughts. Confusion reigns.

On more thought: If something as complex as GOD can exist without a creator, why can't something as complex as the Universe exist without a creator?
    Plaffelvohfenmaxx
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

You say ......perhaps I should have put this in the philosophy department; I may have gotten answers that actually relate to my post rather than from those who point at the Bible

My reply ....You were the one brought the Bible into , perhaps you should have just posted it  as your opinion because that’s all you’ve given with your “more than likely scenario “
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @maxx many people are missing the debate part of my post and going off on a tangent. I’m not arguing it’s idea of a creator. The starting point is assuming that there is one. Then either refute or agree with the rest of my post
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee no I simply put forth a hypothetical situation; I was hoping for replies from those far less dogmatic and not so offensive with their religion; you’re the one who brought up religion and the Bible in a post I asked for people not to
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say ......many people are missing the debate part of my post and going off on a tangent. I’m not arguing it’s idea of a creator. The starting point is assuming that there is one.

My reply ......But you post a topic up saying there is a creator and then making a remark regarding the nature of this creator as in “the Universe was not created for our use “ you refused to address my objection as in “ “ How do you know it was not for our use”? 

Saying there is a god is merely your opinion as indeed is speculation about its nature , why could you not address this from my first reply instead of all these pointless asides?

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @maxx @Dee in a debate, one argues in reply; they do not ask how com you think so. Your reply should have gone along the lines as to why or why not a creator created the universe for a personal use.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee you know, insulting others is what is wrong with people on this site; perhaps you should stick to Facebook. I prefer intelligent answers. I never brought up god, I said a creator and you are the one who emphasized the word “ if”, not me. I never said my post was true. I said that in general when one creates something it is for personal use and do not see any reason why a creator would not do the same. I don’t have any proof anymore than you do when you point at the Bible, except you would say the Bible is true because the Bible says so
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say .....

you know, insulting others is what is wrong with people on this site

My reply .....You got what you deserved as you’re acting like a spoiled child 

You say .....perhaps you should stick to Facebook.

My reply ....I use it for business thank you it’s been very lucrative 

You say .....I prefer intelligent answers.

My reply .....From someone unintelligent that claim is dubious to say the least 

You say ..... I never brought up god, I said a creator and you are the one who emphasized the word “ if”, not me.

My reply .....Creator regarding bringing a Universe into existence is commonly called god you , the “if “ was to demonstrate to you you that you were making an assertion without proof 

You say ......I never said my post was true. I said that in general when one creates something it is for personal use and do not see any reason why a creator would not do the same.

My reply .....What is this babble it makes no sense 

You say ..... I don’t have any proof anymore than you do when you point at the Bible, except you would say the Bible is true because the Bible says so

My reply ....I mentioned the Bible because you brought it up , I’m an atheist you idiotic creature are you on drugs 

George_Horse
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    Calling others and their posts dumb and basically because it conflicts with what they believe shows a low mentality;  I suggest you find another post to vent your inner hostility for if you continue in the same venue, it will only go to show others upon here how inconsiderate, insecure, and emotionally distraught that you are. Have a great day @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    @maxx

You say .....Calling others and their posts dumb and basically because it conflicts with what they believe shows a low mentality;

My reply ....Others? I called you because you are you think a god exists because you say so and that’s it 

You say .....I suggest you find another post to vent your inner hostility

My reply .....Do you indeed , I’m not hostile I corrected your stupidity you should thank me 

You say ......for if you continue in the same venue, it will only go to show others upon here how inconsiderate, insecure, and emotionally distraught that you are.

My reply .....Venue?  Wow glad you got that off your chest Doofus so still no defence of your topic?

You say .....Have a great day 

My reply ......What a American saying especially when one doesn’t mean it 
    George_Horse
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee as well, you called me by saying my use of a creator and universe together designates a god; pretty naïve considering for all you know we could be in a scientific induced computer simulation; I suggest you read more; perhaps it will broaden your mind instead of what you sit on. now go away; its no wonder this site got such bad rating when people like you are on it. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say ...... all you have suceeded with your loud-mouth yelling is to stop others from answering my post;

My reply .....Ah right me typing is yelling and others aren’t answering because I’m typing , you really are aren’t you? 

You say .....pretty dumb huh; satisfied little coward?

My reply .....Yes you are dumb and a coward 

You say .......now go wipe your nose and pretend you did something great.

My reply ......Stop sulking and attempt to prove your God contention but you cannot which is why you’re doing this childish avoidance tactic, you didn’t even know what creator meant when it applied to one creating a Universe did you Doofus?

George_Horse
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @maxx

>The original manuscripts are so far removed from what we read today that it has lost the original message

Have you seen the original manuscripts?

The oldest copies of the bible are not hidden. We have them. What we have today can be compared. It does not differ.

And you have never seen the original manuscripts. But we have so many copies from different times and different places that we know what the originals said, and have been able to dismiss mistakes and fakes.
    Sand
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @ethang5 has little to do with my post. im not  discussing the bible,  reread my post
    @maxx

>has little to do with my post. im not  discussing the bible,  reread my post

You made more than one post. You said...

>The original manuscripts are so far removed from what we read today that it has lost the original message

That is blatantly untrue. But if you will only discuss the claim in your OP, which is so presumptive it needs no reply, OK.

I don't think you'd enjoy "discussing" either of your uninformed positions with me any way. I have this pesky tendency to require logic of everyone.

And you seem to have a problem with logic. Have a nice day.
    Sand
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @ethang5 my original post is what I was attempting to debate, it is not my fault that everyone else when gar afield
    @maxx

Maybe then you worded it wrong.

No truly smart person would debate your position in the OP because it is ludicrous.

Basically you told us your uninformed opinion, which in itself, didn't make sense. What were we to do with that?

And don't mind dee, he/she is one of our anti-theist trolls. He insults everyone so don't feel special. Dee doesn't debate, he only wants other posters to give him an excuse to rant, insult, and take childish pot shots at God.

The typical net religion troll.

As for your OP.

I made a chicken coop. It was "for" me yes, but not "for" me depending on what "for" means.

I built a house. My wife and kids lived in it but they were not by-products of the building, they were the reason I built it, and still, the house is "for" me.

All of this is so obvious most people do not think it needs be mentioned, much less debated over.

But if you think that God created the universe for Himself and we are byproducts, and this belief has interesting implications, please tell us what those implications are.

That could be interesting.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

You say ......And don't mind dee, he/she is one of our anti-theist trolls.

My reply .....I’ve nothing against theists I’m engaging in several interesting debates with one on here , I have something against brain dead anti atheists trolls and idiots like you I openly admit ......

You say ......He insults everyone so don't feel special.

My reply ......To call you is actually a compliment I apologise you’re a retard any better?

You say ...... Dee doesn't debate, he only wants other posters to give him an excuse to rant, insult, and take childish pot shots at God.

My reply ......This coming from the sites racist and biggest troll is amusing should I get Aaron to ban you again?

You say ......The typical net religion troll.

My reply ......Still sulking over your latest thrashing ......I feel for ya 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You and Ethang should get a room together and get the other pretend Christians together in an attempt to cobble together a story yous all agree on , failing that yous can all form a circle for a group jerk off 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Ignore Dee, no proof of claims.
    maxx
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Sand

You say ......Ignore Dee, no proof of claims.

My reply ......Translation........You’ve no defense again ......get Ethang to help you his K K K meeeting is nearly over 
    Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

You call names because you have no morals or proof.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Sand

You call names because you have no morals or proof.

My reply .....Ahhhh still crying are you , you admitted slavery was immoral , you admitted your god was immoral therefore I’m against slavery you admit I’m more moral than your god .........Ouch 

By the way you accepted my proof regarding slavery or do you want to change your mind and say it’s moral now? It’s ok you’re getting good at lying 
    Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I am just asking for your proof. You the one throwing out insults, which shows your morals.
    @maxx @Sand

I didn't expect dee to give you a demonstration of her stupidity, but there you are. I needn't say more.

Sand, everyone on the board knows of dee already, don't worry too much about her claims.

Still would like to hear from you maxx.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

Your K K K meet up finish early?  You can have your group jerk off with your two fellow “ Christians” who admit biblical slavery is immoral maybe you should put them right and explain its moral once god is doing it ......Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 
    George_Horse
    Both maxx and sands have seen your stupidity dee, you can quit demonstrating it now.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

This coming from Dumb , Dumber and Dumbest is hilarious.......hey you may have two new members for your local K K K oh grand wizard 
    George_Horse
    @Dee

You are aware that you don't have to lie to your sock puppets Joseph and zombieguy to make them believe your stupidity right?

Just sayin'.
    George_Horse
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2673 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    maxx said:
    yesterday I made a work bench. I made it for myself, not for the termites that got into it. last week I made a swimming pool. For myself, not for the neighborhood kids. When people make things, it is generally made for whom ever made it. The same goes for the universe. If there is a creator, it is more-than-likely that the universe was created for the purpose of the individual(s) who made it; not for our use. We are just by-products of the creation. Please no circular reasoning by pointing at the bible and say the  bible says differently.
    The error in your reasoning is the implication that a creator made this Universe not for us but it's own self. If that were true then the so called creator wouldn't have created us humans or other living species.

Dee

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @EThang ;

You say ......You are aware that you don't have to lie to your sock puppets Joseph and zombieguy to make them believe your stupidity right?

Just sayin'.

My reply ......This coming from a vicious Christian troll with 7 alt accounts is hilarious. Your buddies dumb and dumber tried to defend you but had to admit biblical slavery was immoral,  but poor E T doesn’t agree because if god says 
    slavery is moral it’s moral according to E T ......you really are dumb buddy 

Just sayin’
    George_Horse
    @Dee

OK .

Calm down. I think everyone can see who the troll is.
    George_Horse
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    @ethang5 ; the implications are what one would think that they would be; the creator is no more aware of us or concerned of us than we are of the bacteria that shows up in the pool we make. it is only an idea to debate, this site sure has a lot of people who are quick with insults and name calling.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    @ethang5

You say ....OK .

My reply ......Getting called by someone who thinks slavery is moral because the Bible says so is amusing 

You say .....Calm down.

My reply .....I’m perfectly calm , you’re the one in such a rage you need 7 alt accounts to launch your latest campaign of trolling 

You say ....... I think everyone can see who the troll is.

My reply .....Yes we can you’re not very good at covering your tracks  are you Doofus?

George_Horse
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @ethang5 and of course, this is all hypothetical, not my opinion. any intelligent individual can argue any side of an issue even if they do not believe or agree with it.
    George_Horse
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    If you think about it, absolutely anything you do, you do for yourself. Take the most altruistic, the most charitable act in the Universe - and you will see that, fundamentally, it comes from your desire to satisfy one of your needs.

So of course a creator of a Universe would create it only for themselves. Now, what part of them caused such creation is an open question - but in the end, they decided to do it because they had some needs that had to be satisfied in such a spectacular way.
    maxxZeusAres42
  • The original argument was that because we humans create things for our own use then this means that if a creator created the universe they too would have created the universe for their use and not for our use.

Now, the problem with this argument is that we humans are part of this universe; made from the very same stuff. So if a creator created this universe then they too would have created this universe for our use because they also created us, and for us to use this universe however we deemed fit within the boundaries of that creation.

OK .

>Getting called by someone who thinks slavery is moral because the Bible says so is amusing 

The bible doesn't say slavery is moral. It has to do with your stupidity. Don't worry too much about it.

Calm down.

>I’m perfectly calm,...

Do you often lie when you're perfect calm?

>...you’re the one in such a rage you need 7 alt accounts to launch your latest campaign of trolling

Do you really think silly comments like that help you? How do you think the gentle readers are?

I think everyone can see who the troll is.

>Yes we can you’re not very good at covering your tracks  are you Doofus?

Lol. I rest my case.
    >the implications are what one would think that they would be; the creator is no more aware of us or concerned of us than we are of the bacteria that shows up in the pool we make.

Sorry, I don't see how one gets that implication from your story, but OK. That's what you got.

>it is only an idea to debate, this site sure has a lot of people who are quick with insults and name calling.

Just ignore dee and he/she will slither away. I deal with him/her because I like internet trolls and I am professionally trained to deal with them.

>...and of course, this is all hypothetical, not my opinion.

So what would be your opinion about why God created the universe?

>any intelligent individual can argue any side of an issue even if they do not believe or agree with it.

True.

You say .....Getting called by someone who thinks slavery is moral

My reply .....I actually think it’s immoral , there’s your genetic stupidity in action yet again 

You say .... because the Bible says so is amusing 

My reply .....I know the Bible says so I keep telling you this  

You say ......The bible doesn't say slavery is moral

My reply.....Changed your mind yet again wow!  Right so the Bible and your god  gives instructions on owning people as property knowing it’s immoral 

You say ......It has to do with your stupidity.

My reply .....The only stupidity been demonstrated here is by you who is not sure whether owning people as property is right or wrong , maybe god will clarify for you in a vision?

You say......Don't worry too much about it.

My reply .....I don’t worry about your religious lunacy but I’m sure your family are concerned 

You say .....Calm down.

My reply .....I’m perfectly calm,...

You say ......Do you often lie when you're perfect calm?

My reply .....I leave the lying to you and your alt accounts 

You say ........Do you really think silly comments like that help you? How do you think the gentle readers are?

My reply ......Do you really think your deflection makes you any less of a troll you silly little man?

You say  ......I think everyone can see who the troll is.

My reply .....Yes , you’re not very good at it are you?

You say ......Lol. I rest my case.

My reply .....Lol. You’ve yet to make one when you decide whether slavery is moral or immoral get back to me ( god may tell you in a vision) otherwise why not do as all your Christian buddies on here did as in say it’s both moral and immoral.....win , win 
    @ethang5

You say .....Just ignore dee and he/she will slither away.

My reply .....Translation from Ethang into English ......Poor Ethang doesn’t know if owning people as property is moral or immoral his Christian jerk off group don’t know either ......Have a group jerk off guys and maybe “pray on it ....Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 

You say .....I deal with him/her because I like internet trolls and I am professionally trained to deal with them.

My reply ......Translation from Ethang into English ... Ethang wants fellow Christians to tell him if slavery is moral/immoral .......come on  guys help him I’m professionally trained to whip religious in debate 
    Lol

The comes to a religion board to tell theists not to talk about religion.

much?
    Sand