frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Why can't you see Islam is the right religion?

Debate Information

What is preventing you from Islam 

all4acttGeorge_HorseZombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• This isn't a debate. It's a radical indoctrination.
    PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987George_Horse

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    What's preventing me from Islam? (or any other religion really)    

Reason & logic... I'm kind of fond of those 2...
    Zombieguy1987ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • DannykhanDannykhan 7 Pts   -  
    fair enough let's start one then 
  • DannykhanDannykhan 7 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen in Islam we believe we were created and this life is a test for us. A temporary world. The real life is the hereafter heaven or hell. Depending on our deeds, it will determine where our final destination is. 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Dannykhan

And? My niece believes in Santa and leprechauns... What's your point?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    No religion is the right religion they’re all childish fables which vary from society to society. Islam is based on accepting what is written in a deeply contradictory book of childish nonsense.

Muslims believe Muhammad split the moon in two and ascended to heaven on a flying horse to believe and accept such nonsense takes one who is the victim of indoctrination, which is why you believe 
    Plaffelvohfen
    Dannykhan said:
    @Plaffelvohfen in Islam we believe we were created and this life is a test for us. A temporary world. The real life is the hereafter heaven or hell. Depending on our deeds, it will determine where our final destination is. 
    This is insane and dangerous... This belief is the basic justification for killing and suicide-bombers of all sorts...  
    DeeZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Dannykhan

Do you believe in all the other gods people believe around the world and if not why not?
  • AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    I know quite a lot about Islam as I had debated quite a lot of muslims back in the day. I would love to hear any sort of argument for Islam. Because I am just curious as to what you people can come up with at this point.
  • SharkySharky 101 Pts   -  
    Based on all I've read about Islam and what I know of life in Islamic countries, the 'religion' is more of a misogynistic and hegemonic cult of oppression and death than anything else. It's all about power, control, conquest and domination. I'm not religious and have no time or patience for any organized religion but it seems to me that religions should be based on love, not subjugation.
  • all4acttall4actt 305 Pts   -  
    @Dannykhan

Why does it bother you so much that someone might have faith in something that brings them prace.  Why redicule them?  

I don't under why athiest and agnostics have to chime in and critize people for thier beliefs.  What are they so afraid of?

If you don't believe fine but your rhetoric is not going to change the minds of those who do.

all4actt said:
    @Dannykhan

Why does it bother you so much that someone might have faith in something that brings them prace.  Why redicule them?  

I don't under why athiest and agnostics have to chime in and critize people for thier beliefs.  What are they so afraid of?

If you don't believe fine but your rhetoric is not going to change the minds of those who do.

Here's why...

1: Beliefs are ideas
    2: Not all ideas are good ideas (putting cyanide in the town water supply for exemple)
    3: Ideas are what triggers actions
    4: Actions have consequences that may affect me
    5: Therefore it matters that I know what my neighbors believe.

I think that belief in anything supernatural is dangerous, as it undermines rationality...  
    Plaffelvohphen
    So what your saying is your beliefs are the only ones that count?

it doesn't matter to you that miliions believe in some sort of higher power?  

It doen't matter to you that most major religions preach love and peace and give give a lot of people not only peace but reasons to live good honest lives?

I don't understand the huberis of people such as you that think they have all the answers and everyone should bow down to your way of thinking.  It is arrogant and small minded.

It is when people misinerterpertate or warp the fundamentals of thier religion that provlems occur.

@all4actt
    it doesn't matter to you that miliions believe in some sort of higher power?  
    No it doesn't, in the sense that it's an appeal to popularity and is fallacious... 

But did it matters that millions of people believed jews needed to be exterminated?
    Did it matter that Lots of people believed that witches were real and that it was a good idea to burn people?
    Does it matter that a whole lot of people believe that there is an afterlife and that this life, here right now, is just a mean to an end, justifying suicide-bombing, murder and needless suffering?

I answer yes, it matters... What people believe matters and we should all be wary of what our neighbors believe in...
  • billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    @Dannykhan Islam is a cruel barbaric lie lead by a demon that started wars and raped little girls, islam is a doomed path
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

plaffelvonphen

I belive i stated non- extremist.

As i said before evtremizam can be dangerous.

It doesn't change the fact that people have the right to believe in a higher power or life after death.  These biliefs in the majority of people who believe them does not lead them into dangerous acts  but to living a better life with strong moral values.

The person who opened this discussion didn't ask why can't you see that the extrem version of islam should be followed.  The person just asked why we didn't find it to be the right religion.

To that question I say because not everyone believes in the stories the koran tells nor do they believe a lot of the restriction placed on their believer are necessary to show the respect to thier understanding of god.
    @all4actt

Nowhere did I state that religious beliefs should be banned, because first it's obviously impractical and unenforceable, I'd rather ridicule them (the beliefs) into oblivion... Like some religious folks would say : Despise the belief, not the believer...

Now, when you say that the fundamentalists of any religions are the problem, well that means that the fundamentals are problematic... 

My biggest problem with religious faith (theistic faith to be precise, I have much less problems with deistic faith) is that it normalizes faulty and irrational thinking... And that in itself is a big problem in any society...
    ZeusAres42
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Peace be upon you. What is preventing me from being a Muslim, is my desire to worship Jesus. I can prove Jesus is God, if you give consent.
  • JawadiahmadJawadiahmad 35 Pts   -  
    Peace be upon you. What is preventing me from being a Muslim, is my desire to worship Jesus. I can prove Jesus is God, if you give consent.
    Can you? If you can, I have 1 question :
    Where did Jesus pbuh claiming to be god
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    Dannykhan said:
    What is preventing you from Islam 

Given the fact it's a totalitarian idelogy the violates human rights and restrects personal freedoms of those who do not obey the Qu'ran, I don't want to support something that has a history of being backwards 

ZeusAres42
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    Islam is a degenerate and savage belief system that punishes the innocent for the most petty of things. It is unfit for Western society, and I am glad the sane and courageous Europeans oppose it. Yeah, you can come and tell me Islam is the right religion once you stop killing homosexuals, and cease the stoning of women who don't abide by traditional rules of your wicked religion. 
    Zombieguy1987
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles

• Why do you see Islam as the right religion?
    George_HorseZombieguy1987

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    Brother Mohammed Ali, and Brother Malcolm believed in Islam. That's good enough to make me respect Islam.