frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you think Islam is a religion of war? Can you give the evidence?

Debate Information

I'll reply as good as I can.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Of war? Not specifically... It is an hegemony oriented ideology though, like most monotheistic religion...
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    No, I think that Islam, has some individuals, who choose to act radically.

Just as some individuals, have used other religions, to act, in their own radical ways as well.

Some of humanity. has been acting radically, long before Islam, or the other religions ever showed up. 
    ZeusAres42
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I agree with you. But I won't give you the point by clicking the agree button. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    It was originally created as a tool for Mohammed to unite his army around him and follow up with his conquest ideas. So, as far as the history of its creation goes, it was definitely intended to be a weapon.

Over time, many different interpretations of Islam arose, some of which are war-favoring and others strongly oppose any violence. Which one is the case depends on the particular interpretation, rather than on the religion as a whole. Quran itself favors Muslims warring against the "unfaithful", but, again, some groups do not interprete those lines literally and take them as a figure of speech.