frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

just good old god

Debate Information

assuming for the sake of the argument that God is real and that the entire bible is true and reflects his word; then what can you tell me about his character?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    The Bible contradicts itself in quite a few places. If absolutely everything there is true, then the god probably has some form of a bipolar/multipolar disorder, and is essentially a mix of very different characters, from the most benevolent to extremely violent and tyrannical ones.
    Zombieguy1987George_HorsexlJ_dolphin_473
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    His character would be that of an evil God but that would not stop people worshipping him as religious indoctrination makes idiots of otherwise intelligent people 
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    That God is sovereign.
    He is above being judged by the ants He created.

That He is kind
    We messed up, but He found a way to make us right again.

He is logical
    God is immanently logical and uses logic in His dealing with us

He is fair
    God could be evil if He wanted. But with all His power He afforded us free will and will allow us our choice.

He has 5 unique qualities possessed by no other.
    1. Omniscience 2. Omnipotence
    3. Omnipresence 4. Immutability
    and 5. He is Eternal. 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
     @ethang5 ethan, what about the bad side of him? all the evil done at his direction in the old testament? It would seem that he has the same characteristics as humans; with being bad, and good, indifferent, proud, kind, indifferent, and so on.
    ZeusAres42
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -   edited July 2019
    @maxx

>ethan, what about the bad side of him?

Bad is relative isn't it? At 15 years old I thought my Dad was bad because he wouldn't let me get a tattoo.

>...all the evil done at his direction in the old testament? 

Anything can be called evil. On what basis do you call God's action evil? On what moral code?

A militant jihadist calls your not having a beard evil. If he is wrong, why are you right in calling God evil? Because your moral code is better than his? Says who?

>It would seem that he has the same characteristics as humans; with being bad, and good, indifferent, proud, kind, indifferent, and so on.

If humans are made in the image of God, some similarity is to be expected, but the error atheists make is that they misunderstand who God is because they start with the false premise that God is a creation of man, and thus arrive at the silly conclusion that God is not real and/or, God is just like men.

I would love to argue just once with an atheist where neither of us was allowed to assume anything.

But alas! I've found debate is not what most religion board atheists want.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    Being religious, is voluntary.

Being anti religious, is voluntary.

Some of humanity, acting hateful, destructive, cruel, or even worse, towards another human being, as well, is voluntary.
    maxx
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    On what basis do I call his actions evil? His own. @ethang5
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @maxx @TKDB @ethang5 and I will elaborate after work, yet I’m neither an atheist nor religious. In actuality, one doesn’t really know the truth, they only assume it. I consider myself as one who does not know 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @ethang5 very well, the question was what can we infer about the character of god based upon the bible; his word assuming that it is true. you stated many positive characteristics which although relative, I agree with for we see these traits in the bible; yet you failed to mention he is also a jealous god, egotistical, angry, and orders killing in his name. of course he is not this way all of the time, nor is he a kind and just god all of the time. he has the same traits as humans do, or perhaps we have the same traits as he does. therefore, by the bible itself, he has the same character flaws, as well as positive traits as humans do.
  • Don't some people already assume God is real?

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 that has naught to do with my question. the debate is the character of god

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    From the Bible I can say that this character is loaded with personality disorders...

He's a petty, jealous & cruel narcissist totalitarian racist... Clearly a sociopath, maybe multiple personality disorder too?

Not someone I want near me or anyone I care about that's for sure...
    ZeusAres42Dee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • Ok, assuming there is a religious God that exists then he/she clearly has some serious psychological issues.

On the other hand, assuming there is an actual deity such as an Intelligent design with no affiliation to any kind of religion then that is a different thing altogether. As for this particular kind of Deity though even assumed is real I would be able to tell you anything about its character as it would be something that is beyond human perception and comprehension. 

If something is assumed the only place that something exists is in the minds of those that assumed it or believed it, for another word.
    Plaffelvohfen

@maxx

>very well, the question was what can we infer about the character of god based upon the bible; his word assuming that it is true. you stated many positive characteristics which although relative, I agree with for we see these traits in the bible;

Thanks, but as a note, that is not why I listed those traits.

>yet you failed to mention he is also a jealous god, egotistical, angry, and orders killing in his name.

I was not asked to mention His actions. Our disagreement is from the differences in our moral judgement of those actions.

I asked you, "On what basis do you call his actions evil?"
    You answered, "His own."

That of course, is not only impossible, it's absurd. That is like judging a father as evil because he doesn't go to bed at 6:00 pm like he requires of his 2 year old daughter.

>of course he is not this way all of the time, nor is he a kind and just god all of the time. he has the same traits as humans do, or perhaps we have the same traits as he does.

You are still not understanding me. You are judging some action of God and then simply assuming your judgment is valid and asking me to explain them. I'm saying that your judgment of god as immoral is incoherent.

>therefore, by the bible itself, he has the same character flaws, as well as positive traits as humans do.

You are saying "therefore" as if you have presented a valid argument. You have not. You have only stated your bald opinion.

You are saying God is not kind and just all the time. This is your opinion, just as it is a jihadist's opinion is that you are evil for not growing a beard.

Let's examine my example. Why are you not evil for not having a beard? Why do you disregard the jihadist's moral judgement of you? Are you evil or not?

I will not simply accept your claim that God's actions are not kind and just. That is how atheists and agnostics enter the debate, as if their assumptions are already proven. With me, your assumptions have not been proven.

You must verify your claim with logical support, because I can defend God's actions as just and kind, using logic.

But you are the one making the claim, not me.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -   edited July 2019

@ethang5 my assumptions are based upon the bible, his character is based upon the traits and as well of his actions listed in it. actions show an individuals character, for it is actions and what a person does that builds character traits, good or bad. God has both types of traits, just look in the old testament. I can not understand why you can possibly disagree that he has the same kind of character as humans do when they are shown in the bible. character is based on actions, and how one behaves and acts; just about any psychologist will tell you that. 
    @maxx

>my assumptions are based upon the bible, his character is based upon the traits and as well of his actions listed in it.

True, and I have no problem with that, but actions alone cannot be used to judge morality.

>actions show an individuals character, for it is actions and what a person does that builds character traits, good or bad.

First, this cannot be true for God if God is omniscient. And if the God you're talking about is not omniscient, then I have no issue with you as you aren't talking about my God.

>God has both types of traits, just look in the old testament. I can not understand why you can possibly disagree that he has the same kind of character as humans do when they are shown in the bible.

You need to make up your mind. Is your complaint that God is immoral, or is it that God and the humans He created share some of the same characteristics sometimes? If it is the latter, I don't see any immorality there.

>character is based on actions, and how one behaves and acts; just about any psychologist will tell you that.

Lol. God on the couch of a human psychologist. That's funny.

OK maxx. Here is what you need to know about morality and actions.

Morality depends on 3 things,
    1. The relationship between the moral actor and who his action is affecting, 
    2. The intent of the moral actor for taking said action, and 
    3. The moral authority the moral actor has for taking that action.

Without knowing these 3 things, we can be very wrong in judging moral actions.

Let me give you 3 examples. Answers will follow the examples.

A: A man crawls through the bedroom window of a dark house at night and begins to sexually "feel up" the sleeping woman in the bed inside.

Is he being immoral?

B: You see from a short distance three men hold down a struggling woman as one of them tries to cut her throat with a knife.

Are they being immoral?

C: A man you don't know decides he's going to lock you up for several years, and refuses to let you out over the years no matter how much you beg and plead.

Is he being immoral?

Those are all actions. Can you tell if those actions are moral or immoral?

Answers:
    A: The man is the husband of the woman and they are role playing. The house is his.

B: The woman is choking and panicking from an obstruction in her throat and 3 EMTs are attempting to open an airway so that she doesn't suffocate.

C: The man you don't know is your  judge and you are a criminal in his courtroom.

See? Actions alone cannot tell us if they are moral. Even identical actions can be moral for one person, and immoral for another.

And this is what atheists do to God. They look only at the action and ignore the context. And with this limited, subjective, imperfect understanding, call the action immoral.

This problem is fatal to the atheists argument, but there is another problem before that.

The atheist (you included) has no basis for calling anything immoral. Unless he means "what I personally don't like" when he calls something immoral.

Why should I give a fig for what he does or doesn't personally like? How does his personal dislike make an action immoral? How does his personal like make an action moral?

So be clear with me. Are you calling God immoral? In what action? Based on what moral code? Who placed God under that code? What gave that code authority?

After we satisfy those questions, we can judge the action of God as to the 3 deciders of morality,  relationship, intent, and authority.

But most online atheists I've met, just want to judge God's action without context, pronounce Him immoral, and be done with it.

Ethan will take no part in any kangaroo courts. God deserves due process.
    ZeusAres42Dee
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @ethang5 I never stated he was immoral, I said he does bad and good and has the same traits as humans do. the definition of omniscient is all knowing and I fail to see how that would keep one from having character traits of humans.  as well I am not an atheist. you put the words in my mouth.  an atheist is one who does not believe in God. I am one who just does not know.
    @maxx

>I never stated he was immoral, I said he does bad and good and has the same traits as humans do.

As our creator, would that not be expected? And is not doing bad not the same as immoral?

>the definition of omniscient is all knowing and I fail to see how that would keep one from having character traits of humans.

You said "actions builds character", and I said that is impossible for an omniscient being.

>as well I am not an atheist. you put the words in my mouth. 

No sir. I did not say you said you were an atheist. Don't be so sensitive.

>an atheist is one who does not believe in God. I am one who just does not know.

Yet you seem to know God has been immoral. Please can you tell me exactly what your claim about God is, and what's bad about it?
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @ethang5 how is it impossible for an omniscient being to have his character shown by his actions. elaborate, feel free to enlighten me.
    @maxx

You said "actions builds character", and I said that is impossible for an omniscient being.

Actions building character is describing a learning process. An omniscient being cannot "learn" as He already knows everything.

You do know what "omniscient" means right?

Since you seem to be unable to clearly state what your issue with God is, permit me to guess, and you tell me if I'm correct or not.

You think sometimes God behaved in the bible the way a human with an immoral personality would, and you don't think that would be the case if the character described in the bible as God, was indeed God.

How close am I?
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    i think god has traits that resemble humans because the bible shows the same kind of actions that a human would do; good or bad.@ethang5
    @maxx

>i think god has traits that resemble humans because the bible shows the same kind of actions that a human would do; good or bad.@ethang5

Oooo k.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    God his self says he is a jealous god, as well although slow to anger he can be angry. Are these not human traits @ethang5
    >God his self says he is a jealous god, as well although slow to anger he can be angry. Are these not human traits

Are you sure they aren't godly traits? After all, God did come first.

OK, let's accept that they are "human" traits, so what?

Should not God and His creation  share any traits?

Or are you just being informative?
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    My post was about the character of God
    OK.

So you're one of those serial posters who don't address questions put to them.

I'm here for debate, not to just listen to some anti-theist rant.

>My post was about the character of God

Your post was about your uninformed opinion about the character of God.

Perhaps someone else views your opinion as truth, and will take your post on faith without question. That isn't me.

You have a nice day.
    PlaffelvohfenDee
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    Funny. Now you are saying god has no character? Does not traits and emotions and actions all add up to someone’s character? If you say no then you need to study some psychology.  Uniformed opinion! I’m going by what the Bible says. It’s obvious that you simply cannot accept anything that is in the Bible that puts god in a bad light. You only embrace parts of it. It’s unbelievable how many people just ignore the bad parts of the Old Testament. Traits, emotions, and actions are what shows character. If god has any character at all( which you already said) then logically and according to the Bible his character is a good god as well as one who does bad things @ethang5
    @maxx

>Funny. Now you are saying god has no character?

Is that what I said?

>Does not traits and emotions and actions all add up to someone’s character?

So what?

>If you say no then you need to study some psychology.

You need to study what omniscience means.

>Uniformed opinion! I’m going by what the Bible says.

No, you're reading what the bible says and then placing your spin on it. The text is the bible, the spin is yours.

>It’s obvious that you simply cannot accept anything that is in the Bible that puts god in a bad light.

So we are to accept your claim that it puts God in a bad light without questions or debate?

>You only embrace parts of it.

I have rejected none of the bible. I have rejected your uninformed opinion that it puts God in a bad light. That isn't the bible, that is your opinion.

>It’s unbelievable how many people just ignore the bad parts of the Old Testament.

Stop being . If I wanted to ignore it I simply would have not answered your post.

I've asked you questions, you've ignored them. I gave you analogies and examples, you've ignored them, I have even given you verses, you ignored them. Which of us is really interested in debate?

You want me to accept the silliness you posted without question or debate otherwise I'm not accepting scripture. Nonsense.

I'm saying you aren't correct, and if you would stop running and answer questions like in a real debate, you would see the logical error in your argument.

>Traits, emotions, and actions are what shows character. If god has any character at all( which you already said)

And I disagreed with you on your judgement of that character. You seem to think disagreement with you is not accepting the bible.

>then logically according to the Bible his character is a good god as well as one who does bad things

So says you. And it is obvious you don't want to debate it. You want it established as truth simply because you've said it.

Ethan doesn't do . I told you, calling something bad does not necessarily mean it is bad. You have said God "does bad things".

That is your personal opinion. Now show me how it isn't just opinion. I don't take your opinion as truth.

Just as I dismissed Abdul's personal opinion that I had done a "bad thing" by not growing a beard, I dismiss your personal opinion that God has done "bad things".

You're on a debate site, when you learn how to debate, and aren't afraid to answer questions, I'll be here.
    oh forget it.  It’s a hypothetical question and all you are doing is talking in circles. if you can not accept that god has character the same has humans then you are blinded by your faith. the bible itself points out that he has both bad flaws and good traits; or must I point them out for you? and if you can not understand that they add up to his character, then it is worthless to debate it. how is my opinion uniformed when I am getting these traits from the bible? Why don’t you look up the definition of the word “ character “@ethang5
    @maxx

>oh forget it.  It’s a hypothetical question and all you are doing is talking in circles.

I am not talking in circles, you just don't know what debate is. You also seem intellectually ill equipped for the topic at hand.

>if you can not accept that god has character the same has humans then you are blinded by your faith.

I guess you do want your opinion taken on faith. As I am not a liberal, I will require logic. It is humans who have some of the characteristics as God. God has no "bad" flaws (or flaws of any kind)

>the bible itself points out that he has both bad flaws and good traits; or must I point them out for you?

You can try, but I think you'll find that you are conflating your opinion with scripture. The bible affirms God as perfect in every way and without fault. But like Abdul, perhaps you think some trait of God is "bad". It is your opinion, so what?

>And if you can not understand that they add up to his character, then it is worthless to debate it.

I have not disputed that, I have rejected your designation of those traits as "bad".

>how is my opinion uniformed when I am getting these traits from the bible?

The problem is not the traits you get, or where you get them, but your silly way of calling them "bad".

>Why don’t you look up the definition of the word “ character

I know English better than you. Drop your politically correct mindset and think with an open mind. You have not even once mentioned any trait that is supposed to be bad.

There are good resources on the net that teach what debate is and how to debate. Avail yourself.
    PlaffelvohfenDee
    bad traits? oh i do not know, how about jealous anger? that is in the bible. you claim that God can not be wrong or bad even when He does things that if a human did would be considered bad; if not evil.   how about God ordering a person stoned to death for picking up sticks on the sabbath? heck. ole god was just joking.  or what about murder of almost the entire known world at the time by a flood? Perhaps He was doing that in a nice sort of way as all those little babies drowned. one can easily find these examples all though the bible as well as you know it. you also said " I know english better than you"; how nice when the actual way of stating that is " I understand English better than you". I do not have an open mind? you are so dogmatic, it borders on sophomoric. also you said the problem is not with the traits, but the silly way of I calling them bad. how is it silly to point out the traits God has according to the bible? the definition of character: The mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.@ethang5

• Talking of morality do you think you could please answer me this question: "Are morally good acts willed by God because they are morally good, or are they morally good because they are willed by God"

PlaffelvohfenDee

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    an example would have been nice; but basically any good act willed by god would depend on his idea of what is moral not because of what is moral because he says it is.@ZeusAres42

• What........?

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    perhaps you should rephrase your question and give an example@ZeusAres42

• Firstly, my question wasn't even directed at you. Secondly, you don't provide examples of questions to people; you simply ask them. You may, however, present examples of demonstrations/explanations of things.

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    well I guess we can disagree on the latter part of your answer; however I had no idea your question was not directed at me when it showed up in my box saying at maxx' kind of like I saying this reply was not directed at you. learn to use the site
    @ZeusAres42
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    well I guess we can disagree on the latter part of your answer; however I had no idea your question was not directed at me when it showed up in my box saying at maxx' kind of like I saying this reply was not directed at you. learn to use the site
    @ZeusAres42
    @maxx

>bad traits? oh i do not know, how about jealous anger? that is in the bible.

How is it bad? Do you know the meaning of "jealous" as used in that passage?

>you claim that God can not be wrong or bad even when He does things that if a human did would be considered bad; if not evil.

God is not a human. Even a common police officer can do things that would be considered bad if you did them.

>how about God ordering a person stoned to death for picking up sticks on the sabbath?

God did not order a person stoned for picking up sticks at any time.

>heck. ole god was just joking.  or what about murder of almost the entire known world at the time by a flood?

Which judge decided it was murder? You?

>Perhaps He was doing that in a nice sort of way as all those little babies drowned.

Floods happen. Why was it God's responsibility to save them?

>one can easily find these examples all though the bible as well as you know it.

I can find them, but I'm not so as to call them murder.

>you also said " I know english better than you"; how nice when the actual way of stating that is " I understand English better than you".

Lol.

>I do not have an open mind? you are so dogmatic, it borders on sophomoric.

Dogmatic doesn't mean "disagrees with you".

>also you said the problem is not with the traits, but the silly way of I calling them bad. how is it silly to point out the traits God has according to the bible?

The bible did not call them bad. You did. That is silly.

>the definition of character: The mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.

God is not just a very large, very old human being genius. And He is not subject to human laws, He is the lawgiver.

All you're telling me here is that you don't like how God behaved. So what? Who are you?

How is your dislike different from Abdul's dislike? What makes your claim of God being " bad" true? Because you really feel He was?

Learn to debate maxx, because you are currently not ready for it. You think how you feel is moral reality. If you've already decided the point, why are you here? Obviously not to debate it.

I'm not interested in listening to you preach. I already have a church. 

Now I've answered every question you've asked. If you dodge any of my questions, I will drop you. You will understand that you aren't the boss of the conversation or you will not have a conversation.
    @ZeusAres42

>Talking of morality do you think you could please answer me this question: "Are morally good acts willed by God because they are morally good, or are they morally good because they are willed by God"

I could, but I dislike cluttering up the threads of others with off topic tangents. Make a new thread and we can discuss it there.
  • NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;Uniformed opinion! I’m going by what the Bible says......what about murder of almost the entire known world at the time by a flood?

Something here tells me that you have not read what the Bible says. Here is what you would of read if your claim was true:

Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison, that aforetime were disobedient, when the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water (1 Peter 3:18-20).

Seems like to me no one was murdered or killed at all. How could they be if they are now in prison? Seems to me that on a whole that killing from a human perspective is not at all like that from God's perspective. That should give anyone pause when trying to understand God's morality from their own tiny limited perspective. God is quite aware of future outcomes and because you cannot perceive the long term consequences of any action like He can, you cannot see the overall good in God's actions.

The Scripture says "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

1) Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
    2) Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Any of God's actions have this end in mind, even if one cannot see past their own nose as a limited being, God knows how things need to work in order to achieve the greatest good. Any perceived action of God must be looked at in this light. 

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. (Proverbs 14:12)
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    first I could care less if you drop me. jealous; he did not want any other gods aside from him.  God not human; so? does that exclude him from being bad at times? stoned on sabbath; numbers: 15; 32-36. am I the judge to decry it was murder? nope, never said that, but what would you call it once you wash away the window dressing?  the bible did not call these traits bad; I did.   it is silly not to call them bad, do you actually think that they are good? god is the lawgiver and does not have to obey the law;  very well. you are stating he can break his laws and do wrong. how is my dislike different than abduls?  how is your faith different than a Japanese follower of buddhisim in your feverent attitude? perhaps it is you who need to learn to debate for you keep ignoring the very flower in front of your face, god and humans has traits very similar to each other and their characters are similarly the same. you have not shown me that this is wrong, especially as I pointed out that according to the bible, god does the same as humans; good and bad; you cannot accept that idea even when the bible says so. you just moan and claim I cant judge him bad or he has a right to be.  im not even attempting to go there; the post was based upon Gods character based upon what is in the bible and you listed his good qualities while ignoring the other ones.  again: the bible says he has both qualities not just based upon human standards; but by HIS standards as well. he tells us what is good and bad and I am going by what he says is good and bad so therefore he has both qualities.@ethang5
    neopesdom; you know as well as I do that the bible also states that the dead lay in the grave until the resurrection and that heaven comes down to us in the form of new jerusulem @Neopesdom
  • maxx said:
    well I guess we can disagree on the latter part of your answer; however I had no idea your question was not directed at me when it showed up in my box saying at maxx' kind of like I saying this reply was not directed at you. learn to use the site.
    You should take your own advice on about learning to use the site. I will try to make this as simple as possible. If you got a notification it would have been to say that someone commented on your thread because your the person that created this thread. This does not mean that I was directly speaking to you. 

Furthermore, nowhere in my post about morality does it say "at maxx" anywhere. You and other readers can verify this by scrolling up.

It would be more sensible for you to acknowledge you made a mistake and say something like "I'm sorry, I thought you were talking to me but you obviously were not;" that's what I would do in your situation rather than to continue to dig a hole for your self.

Anyway, that's all i'm going to say on the matter. I'm not wasting anymore time arguing about who said what and to whom.

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    no, actually you are correct in that matter; after I scrolled back and saw it was directed at eathen;  although I still would like to have answer it considering he did not; can you rephrase your question?@ZeusAres42

• >Talking of morality do you think you could please answer me this question: "Are morally good acts willed by God because they are morally good, or are they morally good because they are willed by God"

I could, but I dislike cluttering up the threads of others with off topic tangents. Make a new thread and we can discuss it there.

Well, that's all very interesting considering you've been engaged in a subject relative to this question in the last few or more posts with maxx.

Also, this thread is about descriptions about God's character assuming he does exist. And since this would include moral qualities of that character my question is very relevant and appropriate to the topic.

However, if you don't want to answer the question then that's fine; you don't have to.

PS, I also have actually asked you this on another thread about morality but you never answered. I have actually created more than one thread too about morality. But like I said if you don't want to answer that's fine. Just don't say something is off-topic when it is evidently not; this will help you in your own position too. :)

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    I would have to say the latter. assuming that god exists; for it is he who decides on what is morally good in the first place@ZeusAres42

• I would have to say the latter. assuming that god exists; for it is he who decides on what is morally good in the first place
    And one of the problems among many with the latter answer comes the question of what bases does God have to make moral judgements and to decide what is morally good or not? 

if I were to argue that side of view, I would state that since he created everything and everyone; then I would say it would be his right to decide on what is morally good or not; similar in the way a cartoonist who creates his comics gets to decide upon the actions and lives of the character that he draws.  it is his creation, so the creation has no say.@ZeusAres42