frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

What if you were God?

Debate Information

Imagine you were God. What would you do? What would you change? What would be different? What would be moral or immoral? I will elaborate more on what I would do soon enough. But for now, I am interested in your views. 
Humbug

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    All are sinners and worthy of hellfire. No I won't imagine I was God. Jesus is God and that's amazing.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Wouldn't change much really, there's no point to existence anyhow, even as god, and I would get bored eventually, eternity will do that you know... So I would wink myself out of existence.

But I think I would at least make disingenuousness and dishonesty, physically painful, like stone grinding your teeth to the nerves kind of pain...  
    ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @ZeusAres42

If I were God, I'd want human beings to stop being bad to each other. 

And I would wonder why human beings do what they do to each other, day after day, so that others, can go about blaming me, for what others have done via their own self caused harms and misdeeds?

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I'd try to be more like the mythical son than the mythical father. The father was a genocidal egotist that killed "first born", turned women to stone, destroyed cities and (everyone but a boatful) in the world. When he lost control of his first "creations" he got angry and made sinners of everyone thereafter! If he were here today he'd likely be Chief White House Advisor! 
    Yep, I'd try to be more like the son, but, I'd show up at least once a year at the "company party", give a speech as to how I needed the company to run, see that everyone had health insurance and that the rich knew they couldn't go to heaven unless they used a (significant) portion of their wealth to be somewhat LIKE the "boss" … i.e. help feed the poor, heal the sick, maybe see that they had education and something to look forward to. I think you'd like me as "god". I'm sure you could come up with a better list of "morals" than I could, after a time. I'd give you the freedom to do that.

(Oh, I WOULD put a ban on assault weapons ;-). (Sorry).
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    I would not make a good God. I would create a world for myself in which I would feel comfortable living, and then just demote myself to a simple one of its resident with no memories of my former godhood. I am just that egocentric.
  • HumbugHumbug 13 Pts   -  
    How to imagine what it's like to be the Almighty God. Worse yet is a thought to improve as if to pass judgment order no better? That be like a single celled organism thinking from his one cell existence as Shakespeare, Leonardo da Vinci, Einstein and Nikola Tesla etc. all rolled into one. Everything has its place, all is as it should be, the end.
  • WinstonCWinstonC 235 Pts   -  
    I wouldn't change anything. I used to think there were parts of the structure of reality (e.g. the existence of suffering) that, if changed, would make the universe a better place to live. As I grew older and wiser, I learned that I was wrong about these things; that without them the universe would in fact be worse.