frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Space is fake

Debate Information

Will we go to mars? Ha! The moon? Psh! Not even a trip to the ISS? Tell me why you think outer space is real. I'll give you a few good reasons why I think it's ludicrous.

1. Combustion is impossible without an oxygenated medium.

2. A positive pressure system is required for propulsion. Cars push off the ground, boats push off the water, and planes push off the air. You can't push off a vacuum. 

3. A positive pressure system can't exist next to a negative pressure system without a physical barrier. (Light bulbs, canned air, etc)

Oh and there is always empirical evidence. Like this ultra zoomed "star".

And "Lunar waves"

and some more "stars"

northsouthkoreathe_worldEvidenceSilverishGoldNovaNomenclature
  1. Live Poll

Space... is fake?

15 votes
    1. They're hiding God!
      46.67%
    2. But, but, muh Star Wars!
      53.33%
Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    Psalm 8:34 "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?"  The Bible mentions space, but calls it the heavens.  Different from heaven itself, mind you.  How do you explain what we see at night then?    
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @SuperSith89

Psalm 19:1
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer
    NASA be like: Going to space!

Wayne Dyer
    http://biblehub.com/genesis/9-13.htm

What causes rainbows?
    Scientism explains it as:
    rainbow is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky.

This would infer that if conditions were just right, we could produce a rainbow in our shower! Wrong. A rainbow needs a mirror, or a reflective surface like that of water to produce a rainbow inside. The light hits the medium it is produced onto from two different angles at the same time. Once, directly, then again after it is reflected. Where those two rays meet, a rainbow can be seen, provided there is a medium (rain, etc.). This is an experiment anyone can try.

http://www.physicscentral.com/experiment/physicsathome/rainbow.cfm

We know the sun produces the first ray of light, so where is this (bow shaped) reflective surface? 

Wayne Dyer
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    If Space is fake.
    Who first decided to fake it?
    Why did they decide to fake it?
    And how were they able to fake it?
    just4fun
    @Fredsnephew

1. Copernicus 

2. According to the most accurate astronomer, T ycho Brahe: "“There really are not any spheres in the heavens… Those of which have been devised by the experts to save the appearances exist only in the imagination, for the purpose of enabling the mind to conceive the motion which the heavenly bodies trace in their course and, by the aid of geometry, to determine the motion numerically through the use of arithmetic.”

3. Back then they had no way of proving it, so they just assumed it. They didn't have to fake it. NASA took over in the 50-60's and did all the faking then. About the same time all the space monster movies started hitting the big screen .(indoctrination )

Wayne Dyer
    You know what, I honestly have considered your side and have been looking into it.  Problem is, I just don't see enough on your side that isn't just speculation or ideas or refusing evidence from the other side.  I'll admit, you are doing a good job, but you just can't sell it to me yet.  I just don't see enough.  

Question:  How do you explain comets, asteroids, and meteoroids?
    melanielust
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    @SuperSith89
    What evidence do you have for the existence of comets asteroids and meteoroids?

northsouthkorea

Wayne Dyer
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    :| @Erfisflat , how is space fake if you can see it with your very own eyes?
    Erfisflat
    @northsouthkorea

How do you know you're looking at a vast vacuum when you look up? During the day, the sky is blue, but so is water. At night the sky is black, like water...

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Craters in the ground.  There have been meteor showers seen with the human eye too.  You can also see meteors shoot by and not just NASA photos.  Also, how do you explain seasons?  A sphere makes sense with a slight tilt, but a flat earth doesn't fit.  Also, why does each side have night and day differently?  On your idea, the sun would light all of it and overpower the light given off of the moon's reflection.  I know that is more flat earth but these two go hand in hand.  
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    You know what, I honestly have considered your side and have been looking into it.  Problem is, I just don't see enough on your side that isn't just speculation or ideas or refusing evidence from the other side.  I'll admit, you are doing a good job, but you just can't sell it to me yet.  I just don't see enough.  

Question:  How do you explain comets, asteroids, and meteoroids?
    I didn't want to leave you hanging, (comets)yes, we see lights in the sky, they are supposedly on orbital paths around our sun like this.

Does it seem logical that a small object like a comet takes the huge path outside of our so called solar system, and still find it's way back in a predictable manner? Keep in mind that not only is the sun moving around the galaxy at 45,000 miles per hour, and the entire galaxy is rocketing through the universe at 1.3 million miles per hour, and the sun doesn't have a tail.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Due to gravity, yes.  Gravity is a powerful force and the speed really is irrelevant to it coming back since it has a speed faster.  
    @SuperSith89

Let's take a look at a "crater."

Where is the huge rock that caused this? Did it disintegrate?

Why don't we see craters that look like they were hit at an angle, like we see in meteor showers. One only need a marble and sand to see this crater was hit at a 90 degree angle from above or below. For that matter, we only see meteors coming down, never up from the horizon as they should on a ball earth

It's more likely this was an explosion from within the earth, or a sinkhole, since a crater this big would've left a rock or some very large chunks of meteors.

Which leads me to showers. It's likely that something,  or someone has damaged the dome.

When the sun is at a certain place in the firmament, it causes a reaction, similar to elves and sprites.

Very good empirical evidence for the firmament in there. Which sort of reminds me of this.

The done, or part of it, may consist of crystal of some sort, and meteors may be parts of it, possibly colliding with itself, or reacting to the air pressure. I'm sure if I could get up there to test it, I'd have a better idea.

Seasons can be actually better explained in the flat earth model. In the northern hemi"sphere", north gets it's summer when the sun is on a tighter circuit around the north pole. In the globe model, the sun is supposedly at it's furthest point away from the sun in it's orbit.

This has already been proven and comically put on nearly every globe, probably as an inside joke.

The sun analemma shows a wider base for the Sun's yearly path, which makes no sense on a globe, yet perfect sense on a circular plane.

"Also, why does each side have night and day differently? "

I think I've gone over this in my debate here, Earth is flat. Once more quickly. The sun is small and close. It sheds its light locally, like this.

Alternatively, (for those big ones in Russia recently ) there have been strange containers found all over, seemingly burned. They could be military "meteors" thrown from planes that didn't quite burn up.

And then there project bluebeam, but that's another long story.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    This is getting a little ridiculous. There's just no point in arguing with confirmed facts. Why would anyone want to invent all of this up?

To prove space is real literally all you have to do is take a telescope into your backyard on a clear night, find out online where the planets are, and look for one. You can get pretty good views of many planets. I'm an amateur astronomer. I do this every single night. There's more than just planets, too. With a larger telescope, or by going to an observatory, you can VERY clearly see nebulae with your own eyes. It's not that hard to understand. And if you're religious, who's not to say that God created all of the beautiful cosmos?

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited September 2017

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Because it's mathematically provable.
    @melanielust

Based on false axioms like the shape of the earth, and wrong distances to other celestial bodies...

Wayne Dyer
    @melanielust

I've given logical and scientifically sound conclusive evidence here that contradicts an infinite space vacuum, can you address that? Why is there no parallax in the stars?

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat there IS parallax in the stars! It's one of the most famous stellar phenomena. It's why constellations have shapes!

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/glossary/parallax.html
    @melanielust

Parallax in the stars means, to me, that the shapes of the constellations would change if they were different distances from the earth. Similar to riding a train and seeing the poles, which are closer, move faster, and the mountain, which is further away, move slower. The fact that constellations have remained the same over the course of all observable history means there is no parallax. Here, you'll see the trees closest to the tracks move faster in relation to the further trees. This parallax is not empirically observed in the stars.

Wayne Dyer
    @melanielust
    Way to dodge those points though!
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Constellations HAVE changed over the course of all observable history. Another very common fact in the astronomy community.

https://www.wired.com/2015/03/gifs-show-constellations-transforming-150000-years/
    Wow, 150,000 years, huh? No way to falsify that absurd claim. I said observable history.

Wayne Dyer
    @melanielust

Most of the ludicrous claims that you believe are made only involving macroscopic scales that no one has, or ever will be able to measure. Parallax should be observable daily. Especially since scientism claims the earth is moving at over 800 miles per second through an imaginary vacuum. Anything other than appeals to authority and pseudoscience to support space? Continuing to dodge my points?
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @melanielust

I personally affixed a pipe to a foundation on my home, aligned with Sirius and Marked the date and time. The past two years I've checked, and like I thought, saw the same star through the pipe. Impossible in the heliocentric model.
    the_worldEvidence

Wayne Dyer
  • the_worldthe_world 32 Pts   -  
    I agree with @erfisflat , either scienctits have many theories such as the heliocentric model incorrect or space is just fake.
    Erfisflat
    @erisflat ? I'm not dodging your points, I'm proving them wrong. We can't see parallax daily despite the earth's fast movement because space is simply so large. It's one of the many pieces of evidence for how far away stars are. If we were able to observe parallax daily, that would mean the rest of those stars would be moving at near impossible speeds.

If you're looking for observable parallax, look at the records of the Chinese and Arabs from around 2000 years ago, where they recorded constellations in the same area as they are today, but appeared slightly different from today. Proxima centauri, the nearest star to earth besides the sun, has exhibited some very clear, measurable parallax over time. See here:
    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Astro/para.html

And to go back to my earlier point...just what is the point of denying all this? Why use your energy to go directly against all the scientific evidence that has ever been compiled. I really don't mean to be rude, I'm just trying to understand.
    @melanielust

"If we were able to observe parallax daily, that would mean the rest of those stars would be moving at near impossible speeds."

What exactly do you consider "impossible speeds"? I mean, over a million miles doesn't seem impossible?  Are you aware of the experiments "Airey's Failure", "The Michelson-Morley and Sagnac Experiments", which all the proved that the earth was not in motion?

"nearest star to earth besides the sun, has exhibited some very clear, measurable parallax over time."

Again with the appeals to authority. Give me some verifiable science, not pseudoscientific claims from authority. The same university would lose it's licence if they even looked at evidence contrary to popular scientific consensus. I can draw a chart of myself with oversized genetalia, i could even throw in some mathematical figures and measurements, but that doesn't prove anything, ask my wife.

"just what is the point of denying all this? "

What is the point in defending it? You've scoured the internet almost all your life and you find something real, and you don't think it's worthy of discussions? This is proof of A Creator! Why wouldn't I discuss it? I was a devout atheist for years, a skeptic in nature, with a scientific mind. I have every space movie from the mid 80's up on my hard drive. All episodes of "cosmos", "the universe" etc. I thought I was enlightened looking at that bullocks. I hope I'm wrong, all atheists who have denounced God should, because if the earth is flat, we're in some deep sh!t. Just sayin.

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Awesome, .. all we have to do now is figure out which God/gods created this earth and the heaven with the stars, .. from tens of thousands of gods out there, which includes Father Time and Mother Nature with their kid Gravity as in Big Bang-Evolution .. right?
    OK, so Erfisflat proved with empirical evidence that the Big bang evolution gods are out, it's all . so now which god is next to debunk?

Odin and his son Thor?

Maybe Gaea? Here is some info on Gaea, and the universe is also mentioned here;
    http://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-folklore/greek-mythology-and-human-origins-0064

Or, is it the God mentioned in the Bible? But again, which ones, since the Christians who claim authority over the Bible claim there are at least three, and they're all deities, or deified men, angels or idols to godhood, and the others are similar, like a god with a name of their religion, or the Day that the religion worships on as God!?

But none of these Christian Religion gods can be right because the Bible God hates them fake deities, spirits who reside in the supernatural realm, and people who call upon them. Or making a name as God, or a Day as God. So God can't be someone He is against, right?
    So which God created the Heavens and the Earth and us man?

I think I'll start a New Topic on that? I mean we now know someone created all this, and had to be a God, but who, .. which One??
    @Evidence
    I don't know, but we should probably figure that out soon. Hopefully, if the scientific community gets it's head out of it's arse, we can figure it out.

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    @Evidence
    I don't know, but we should probably figure that out soon. Hopefully, if the scientific community gets it's head out of it's arse, we can figure it out.

Yes, they will have to get back to basics, so first they'll have to drop all this Quantum-universe garbage and return to reality, to things we can observe. I would highly suggest (in the case of finding God) that we start with comprehending the difference between the mind and the brain.
    Erfisflat
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    So if NASA is corrupt and staged space, what about Elon Musk?  Why is Jeff BEzos pouring all that money into space exploration?
    not sure we have a reason for this conspiracy theory to hold up 
    melanielust
    So if NASA is corrupt and staged space, what about Elon Musk?  Why is Jeff BEzos pouring all that money into space exploration?
    not sure we have a reason for this conspiracy theory to hold up 
    Musk is an actor, just like Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye. SpaceX works for NASA. They've been promising a little space for 4 or 5 years now, empty promises. They make money from long term investments. When I can buy a ticket and verify space is real, holla back. 

Wayne Dyer
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, LOL, Musk is an actor? Is Tesla a staged car? Are solar roofs made of fake plastic?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
    @ale5 way to dodge the main points.
    http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1907769/

Wayne Dyer
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, the fact that he is an actor is one of his many talents.  You are trying to say that he staged space travel and his other businesses?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
    ale5 said:
    @Erfisflat, the fact that he is an actor is one of his many talents.  You are trying to say that he staged space travel and his other businesses?
    I'm saying, or rather I'm proving, that space is fake. A couple of guys promising to send us to space doesn't change that. See above for irrefutable points.

Wayne Dyer
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I was looking at  the sky last night enjoying the stars and then remembered this debate that @Erfisflat thinks it's all fake.
     :) 
    melanielust
    Live Long and Prosper
    @agsr

I don't think it's fake, but I think it's not what we've been told. 

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer
    How did the astronauts get from the command module to the lunar module? Did they go through the engine?

Wayne Dyer
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    I've heard common flat earth arguments, like NASA is a fraud, we never went to the Moon... I haven't heard of anyone dismissing outer space altogether, though. So how high does the sky go? Or does this planet not have an atmosphere?
    I've heard common flat earth arguments, like NASA is a fraud, we never went to the Moon... I haven't heard of anyone dismissing outer space altogether, though. So how high does the sky go? Or does this planet not have an atmosphere?
    A well-researched guess would be 100km. AKA the "ionosphere " this dome is the real reason we have propagation and the origin of the Chicken Little stories. It's depicted in ancient cultures: Mayan

Egyptian  (notice the stars on the lady's body)

Among others. It's likely that it was well known about up until the early 1900s this drawing was from 1888

And Tesla had mentioned it:
    "Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot be seen, but we can feel them. – The Problem of Increasing Human Energy in Century Illustrated Magazine (June 1900)"

Wayne Dyer
    @evidence found a good video of the firmament! 

Wayne Dyer