frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Hypothetically speaking, could abortion, in a sense, be viewed as a probable type of child abuse?

Debate Information

Some of humanity has apparently evolved, during its evolution, to engage in various types of abuses?

Firearms abuse, situations? 

Federal, and local law, abuses?

Illegal, and prescription drug abuses, along with alcohol abuses?

When it comes to individual families, there are instances of domestic violence, and abuse situations?

Second Amendment abuse, situations?

Millions of Bill of Rights abuses, via murder, sexual assault, and so on? 

Along, with other types of abuse, to be discussed, later on.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Yes. Babies have their arms and legs hacked off.
    antant42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed

I did not know that.

That is some sad information. 
    antant42
  • antant42antant42 13 Pts   -  
    Yes, it is child abuse clearly. I guess those that disagree with this would say that it is not a child so it is not child abuse. The science would disagree with that. At conception the embryo is already human it’s just that it is smaller, reliant on the mother, and not fully developed.

it is really sad hundreds of thousands of abortions every year.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    It's sad, that day after day, year after year, and decade after decade, that some of humanity abuses, what they choose to, regardless of how the rest of humanity feels about their choices, and actions, in how their abuses, affects the rest of the public as a whole. 

And apparently some may never learn, and the public, is going to live with the abusers suffrage, for as long as those as those individual abusers see fit, to abuse as they always have? 

The abusers keep continuing on? 

Firearms abuse, situations? 

Federal, and local law, abuses?

Illegal, and prescription drug abuses, along with alcohol abuses?

When it comes to individual families, there are instances of domestic violence, and abuse situations?

Second Amendment abuse, situations?

Millions of Bill of Rights abuses, via murder, sexual assault, and so on? 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

Hypothetically........by imagining a possibility rather than reality; as a hypothesis

Anything van be anything you want it to be hypothetically.

Hypothetically abortion could be seen as the most humane act one could possibly do .

ZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

The point is, abortion is a reality.

Just as these situations are a reality:

The firearms abuses, situations? 

The Federal, and local laws, abuses?

The illegal, and prescription drug abuses, along with the alcohol abuses?

And the Second Amendment abuse, situations?

And the millions of Bill of Rights abuses, via murder, sexual assault, and so on? 

So presenting the conversation, 

"Could abortion, in a sense, be viewed as a probable type of child abuse?"

Is a new question, to add the abortion conversation overall.

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You really are offensively try reading what I actually said you moron ......

Hypothetically........by imagining a possibility rather than reality; as a hypothesis

Hypothetically abortion could be seen as the most humane act one could possibly do .

TKDBVaulk
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @Dee

I read what you said.

And reality wise, I'm pro unborn baby.

Being that adoption is a probable answer, to abortion?

I disagree with your presented counter argument.

"Hypothetically........by imagining a possibility rather than reality; as a hypothesis

Hypothetically abortion could be seen as the most humane act one could possibly do."

@Dee

And I believe that abortion, in certain types of situations, could be viewed as a type of child abuse?

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You say .....I disagree with your presented counter argument.

My reply .....I know because you’re so spectacularly you don’t even know the meaning of the word “Hypothetically “ ......Are you really this unintelligent that you don’t know the meaning of the words you type?

"Hypothetically........by imagining a possibility rather than reality; as a hypothesis

PlaffelvohfenTKDB
    @Dee

Please, have a proper counter argument, or leave this conversation of abortion and child abuse, be? 

"My reply .....I know because you’re so spectacularly you don’t even know the meaning of the word “Hypothetically “ ......Are you really this unintelligent that you don’t know the meaning of the words you type?

"Hypothetically........by imagining a possibility rather than reality; as a hypothesis."

Another reality, in the light of the Abortion conversation, is the availability of birth control, for both males and females?

This way, both individuals could be utilizing some responsibility towards each other?

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You say ......Either have a proper counter argument, or leave this conversation of abortion and child abuse, be? 

My reply .......But you you posted up a “hypothetical “ scenario without knowing what the term meant , you’re merely arguing with yourself you idiotic troll 
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Abortion is never Child Abuse.  If anything it's murder or in this specific case "Infanticide".  Consider this: If you're pregnant and you ask your boyfriend to strike you in your womb with a baseball bat and the result is the death of your unborn child, despite your clear intention to have your baby killed...your boyfriend will be charged with infanticide and serve prison time for it.

Now consider the alternative: If you go to a doctor and pay them money to kill your unborn child, they'll do it and it's perfectly within the law.   

So what's the difference here?  The Doctor has training and a medical license...that's it.  Infanticide is punitive because of the resulting death of the child...not because the person doing it wasn't licensed.

Anyway, infanticide is murder, not child abuse.  The unborn child was alive before hand, afterwards it's dead.  Call it murder, call it killing, either way it's bringing about the death of a living being.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• VulgusGDVulgusGD 17 Pts   -  
    Of course it’s child abuse. Even if (for argument’s sake) the baby was just some cells, it is still going to become a child in the future. You’re ending the potential for another being. It’s life, memories, and emotions it might have once out of the womb will be gone. It’s not just child abuse, but murder.

also @Dee if you’re using the argument that anything could be anything hypothetically, than you could also say: “Hypothetically, eating your grandmother is the most humane thing one could do.”

Hypotheticals mean nothing, we’re talking about reality.
  • Vaulk said:
    Abortion is never Child Abuse.  If anything it's murder or in this specific case "Infanticide".  Consider this: If you're pregnant and you ask your boyfriend to strike you in your womb with a baseball bat and the result is the death of your unborn child, despite your clear intention to have your baby killed...your boyfriend will be charged with infanticide and serve prison time for it.

Now consider the alternative: If you go to a doctor and pay them money to kill your unborn child, they'll do it and it's perfectly within the law.   

So what's the difference here?  The Doctor has training and a medical license...that's it.  Infanticide is punitive because of the resulting death of the child...not because the person doing it wasn't licensed.

Anyway, infanticide is murder, not child abuse.  The unborn child was alive before hand, afterwards it's dead.  Call it murder, call it killing, either way it's bringing about the death of a living being.
    Objectively speaking, abortion is the termination of pregnancy. Infanticide is the intentional homicidal killing of a newborn or infant as far as I know. 

Moreover, in regards to actual abortion, this rests on a multitude of ethical and moral dilemmas that surrounds numerous individual circumstances. Therefore, we cannot categorically claim that abortion is either murder or abuse because do so is to potentially set ourselves up to be logically inconsistent. For example, if I said abortion is murder and then someone asked me if I also thought abortion is murder in a medical case where it is the only way to save the mother from dying and I said no then I would have made a logical inconsistency.

By the same token, we also cannot categorically claim that abortion is the right thing to do all the time as to do that we could also be setting ourselves up for inconsistencies.

In some cases, it can be seen that abortion is the right thing to and in other cases, it can be seen as the wrong thing to do. However, this too I think rests a lot on subjectivity.  

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

.@Vul

also @Dee if you’re using the argument that anything could be anything hypothetically, than you could also say: “Hypothetically, eating your grandmother is the most humane thing one could do.”

Hypotheticals mean nothing, we’re talking about reality.

My reply .....We are not talking about reality the question asked about a hypothetical , either way your subjective view of “reality ‘ is merely just your opinion and one I don’t share 
  • GeoLibCogScientistGeoLibCogScientist 128 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    It depends on the definition of "child". Definition number 1a here would indicate the fetus isn't a child.

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
    -Albert Camus, Notebook IV
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    I've driven past a couple of "Planned Parenthood" facilities.

There are protesters out, protesting these facilities, with anywhere from a few, to a group of protesters.

I went to the March For Our Lives Rally, and there were Abortion protesters there as well, with fairly graphic pictures of what looked like to be aborted babies.

So it was a educational, to see 250,000 citizens protesting gun violence brutality, and to protest Abortion, at the same event. 
  • A words definition is not a whole truth, while the use of a word creates a possibility of admission of a crime when placed in a phrase or context with other wording. Is female specific amputation child abuse?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

The truth, outside of rape, or incest, Abortion, is a choice behind an attitude.

Just as birth control for both males and females, is a choice behind an attitude.
  • What is said understood by the public to have official started to be officially aborted?

The united state created is based on crime alone there is a need for a woman to have a constant alibi that is in effect under law without trial. Again the argument in basic principle is a woman kills a baby while all woman kill a baby ever time they ovulate without attempting to become pregnant, sexually active or not. Science kills a baby every time lab technicians fertilized an egg with multiple men and woman participants and pregnancy is not the result of a sustained life. The admission of guilt described with the word abortion reflects only a long standing religious biased set on truth a woman's pregnancy places a united burden of life threating citizenship on only the woman not the male. Female specific amputation takes the need of the united state of criminal accusation as then the (only choice) off of a female by addressing the argument of creation of new citizen of a nation. Is it is possible the woman is not willing to make that kind of commitment of life and death in contribution to posterity, a citizen of a Country on behalf of her oath to united state constitution? Legal precedent and basic principle

You are making an exception to law enforcement by giving only one choice to a woman to accuses a man as a united state set by numbers of crime, the reason perfect alibi. It is on law enforcement to make pregnancy abortion's Illegal and translate many admission already made as female specific amputation. The accusation of child abuse can be made as a filed grievance but the grievance of slavery can also be a part of the debate.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

"The united state created is based on crime alone there is a need for a woman to have a constant alibi that is in effect under law without trial."

So are you in a sense, maybe saying, or suggesting, that Abortion, in some situations, is the legalized killing of an unborn baby? 
  • No, in no way is that being said by me. ( So are you in a sense, maybe saying, or suggesting, that Abortion, in some situations, is the legalized killing of an unborn baby) abortion is the coached admission describing the illegal killing of a baby. No maybe, it is most often left unprosecuted. What is being created is the loss of presumption of innocents for all woman as a united state by misrepresenting law in legal way with lie, the hard to prove lie becomes intentional to the public when a common defense is not openly told to all woman and men how Pregnancy abortion is not an admission to crime? 

Woman and the public have four choices.
     (1) Accuse a male of rape
    .(2) Accuse a father or brother of insets.
     (3) Describe an intellectual form of killing taking place by publicly admitting that all woman of a certain age group kill a baby by not having sex after ovulation starts in their life. To explain an precedent as authority.
    (4) Use female specific amputation as a separation of self-incrimination so that all woman can be called before an American Constitution taking an oath of Presadera, singling woman out by action of vote which does nothing more than create all woman equal, so that all woman ever elected by democracy will be legally elected by that democracy to do the same.  

The public belief abortion does in truth place all woman to have perform child abuse by saying they undertook pregnancy abortion, female specific amputation does not make the claim so does not suggest abuses in general. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5971 Pts   -  
    A child only exists once it has been born. Up until then, it is not classified as child, either legally or biologically. As such, abortion cannot be considered a child abuse, since it does not involve a child.
    VulgusGD said:

Of course it’s child abuse. Even if (for argument’s sake) the baby was just some cells, it is still going to become a child in the future. You’re ending the potential for another being. It’s life, memories, and emotions it might have once out of the womb will be gone. It’s not just child abuse, but murder.
    What kind of argument is this? You cannot "murder" something that does not exist yet, but will exist in the future - any more than you can destroy a building that will be built in 10 years, or drive a car that will be released in 2203.
    ZeusAres42
    @MayCaesar

"A child only exists once it has been born. Up until then, it is not classified as child, either legally or biologically. As such, abortion cannot be considered a child abuse, since it does not involve a child."

"Abortion," outside rape or incest, has become a global grey area, for the entirety of humanity, when it comes to a fetus, or an unborn baby, in general.

And millions of human's, aren't fond of abortion being viewed, as murder, killing, or the destruction of a human life, created by two adults, outside of rape, or incest, then humanity needs to figure out, what it globally wants, to better itself? 

Because as long as some individuals view abortion, outside of rape, or incest as the killing of an unborn human being, that two people created, than it would appear that humanity in general, has created a mentality for itself, by allowing itself to be apparently being comfortable with abortion?

Mass murderers, have killed innocent humans, via gun violence, so in general, gun violence in general, has killed mass amounts of people, for decades now, right?

It's the same difference.

Abortion, in the United States alone, kills a million fetuses, or unborn babies, a year, while in other countries, the statistics are higher.

Millions, and millions. 

And gun violence, alone in the United States, kills how many innocent people, a year?

Thousands, and thousands. 

So some, need to figure out, what suits their global self interests, outside of abortion, and mass gun violence?

Because abortion, and mass gun violence, it would appear to be slowly changing the very fabric of humanity, by indulging in Abortion, and the thousands of gun violence crimes that happen globally year after year? 

Humanity, needs to get it's integrity, figured out. 
  • @MayCaesar ;
    What kind of argument is this? You cannot "murder" something that does not exist yet, but will exist in the future.

It is this kind of argument, something that is scientifically alive but not allowed to scientifically mature can be said to have been scientifically murdered. The argument is woman as a group who ovulate kill by the planned and expected actions until marriage, death of all children started by her, it is the pregnant woman who changes the norm of planed execution of a child always as the united state by consent to fertilization. Pregnancy abortion is a lie if it wasn't lie a constant argument of the admission made then denied with an alibi would not take place.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Objectively speaking, abortion is the termination of pregnancy. Infanticide is the intentional homicidal killing of a newborn or infant as far as I know.  
    My apologies, I had mean to use the term "Fetal Homicide".  38 states currently have criminal penalties for fetal homicide.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    MayCaesar said:
    A child only exists once it has been born. Up until then, it is not classified as child, either legally or biologically. As such, abortion cannot be considered a child abuse, since it does not involve a child.
    What kind of argument is this? You cannot "murder" something that does not exist yet, but will exist in the future - any more than you can destroy a building that will be built in 10 years, or drive a car that will be released in 2203.
    Let's just say that I agree with you regarding it being impossible to "Murder" something that doesn't exist yet.

Is a fetus an inanimate object (Non-living thing)?
    If the answer is no, then it must be alive.
    If a fetus is alive, then the act of abortion would have to be defined as killing.
    If aborting a fetus is killing, then the only thing we have to debate is exactly "What" you're killing.

Can you remember your birth?
    If not then you can't say with any certainty what level of consciousness you had at birth.
    If you can't say with any certainty what level of consciousness you had at birth, then it's possible it wasn't any more than what you had prior to your birth.
    If it's possible that you were no more conscious at birth than you were while in the womb then it's possible that you you weren't any more of a human after birth than you were before.