frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Which religious ideology are you?

Debate Information

I am a Trinitarian monotheist, because I'm a Christian.
  1. Live Poll

Pick one.

7 votes
    1. Trinitarian monotheist.
      14.29%
    2. Unitarian monotheist.
      14.29%
    3. Panentheist.
        0.00%
    4. Pantheist.
        0.00%
    5. Polytheist.
        0.00%
    6. Deist.
      14.29%
    7. Agnostic/undecided.
      28.57%
    8. Antitheist.
      14.29%
    9. Atheist.
      14.29%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought You forgot to put apatheist on the list!
    Plaffelvohfen
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    There is a significant difference between agnostic and undecided.  Agnostics believe that the answer to the question of the the ultimate origins of life, the universe, reality, etc. is unknown and unknowable.  Undecideds usually identify as atheists, and the vast majority of atheists are actually undecided.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    I define my stance as antitheist... I'm fine with deism but not with theism... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5971 Pts   -  
    I am not sure what I am. I would like to say that I am an atheist, but I do not necessarily oppose the idea of "pragmatic religion", where you know that what you believe in is made up, but nonetheless you choose to believe it because of the prescriptions it gives in to your life.

I do not believe in any deities, but I somewhat accept the Shintoist idea that all beings, living and non-living alike, have "souls". This is not something I accept scientifically, but rather this is something that enriches my emotional world. It is my subjective perspective, not my vision of the objective physical reality.
    I also like the Buddhist idea of separation between our brain and ourselves: even if scientifically it does not make a lot of sense, it does help me be in charge of my behavior in practice and not allow straggler thoughts to sway me from my path.

I also am not opposed to the old Western polytheistic religions. I like the idea of different "gods" standing for various aspects of our lives or virtues, and worshipping a given "god" means touching a certain aspect of reality. This is not something I would practice, but I like it much more than most modern religions.

I cannot stand monotheistic religions, such as Christianity/Islam/Judaism, because they strike me as inherently totalitarian. But to each their own.
    Plaffelvohfen