frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Debate.org Down

Debate Information

I probably shouldn't ask this question here. So I apologize now.

But can any one tell me what's happened to Debate.org.
I'm in the middle of a debate there and it appears to have disappeared completely.
passedbillPowerPikachu21SilverishGoldNova

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I just checked, and its down for me as well.  Maybe they finally shut it down after long time not maintaining the site.

there was a debate here awhile ago preducting thst will happen
    Debate.org - Debate if debate.org users should switch to DebateIsland

http://www.debateisland.com/discussion/583/debate-org-debate-if-debate-org-users-should-switch-to-debateisland
    inc4t
    Live Long and Prosper
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Agsr, you called it 2 months ago, and even conducted an experiment that looks at debate.org stats.  I am frankly surprised that debate.org lasted that long.  So many users already switched to DebateIsland and that continues on ongoing basis.  I am sure if Debate.org is permanently down or just having yet another glitch.  Their parent company is not maintaining debate.org and many debaters have been complaining for awhile.  
    In either case DebateIsland debate experience is much better and more civilized 
    passedbill
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    Debate.org is down for me also. It is probably finally shut down.  It was full of trolls, spammers, and most of debates at debate.org were abondoned before completion.  I stopped using it when DebateIsland was launched.

passedbill
  • passedbillpassedbill 80 Pts   -  
    I think they shut down.
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    I didn't start DebateIsland until debate.org broke. It was my favorite debating site, with 1 on 1 debates. Also, who remembers vi_spex?
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    Debate.org was gonna shut down for a long time...the format looked like an early 2000s forum and hadn't been updated in years; debates took a very long time to complete and it got very frustrating for a lot of people.
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    It came back (for me), but it's still at a point of little or no return.
    kmelkevolution17
  • kmelkevolution17kmelkevolution17 95 Pts   -  
    I debate on debateisland, switched from debate.orf. That's what a lot are doing. DebateIsland is actively developed and I heard they might make a new type of Debating in addition.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Good riddance I say.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    A torn piece of paper could've ran that site better.
    SilverishGoldNova
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat Probably lmao. 

Erfisflat
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    I am really surprised that it didn't get shutdown earlier.  I used to debate there earlier and closed my account.  
    SilverishGoldNova
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    The homepage has been restored, but most of functionality like debating, messaging, etc is still broken. I think it's likely that's the end of DDO.  Many users are switching over to DebateIsland as that's the best option, but I hope that some of the trolls from DDO don't ruin our civilized debating at DI.  The community here is amazing and I am so happy that I found it.
  • VirtuosoVirtuoso 47 Pts   -  
    I'm a former member of debate.org. Debate.org started off as a great community of top notch debates. Unfortunately it has deteriorated significantly over the past few years.
    The company that owns the site has not put any effort into maintaining it and the site is full of bugs that make the website nearly unusable.

The only decent thing about debate.org is that there is a sizable mafia community on there if you enjoy playing mafia.
    ErfisflatPowerPikachu21agsrSilverishGoldNova
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    It's like a dying patient, ddo came back to "live" (functionality restored) after a few days being down.  Down again for half a day today.  Not quite sure why they bothr bringing it back up, as it is a free reign for trolls.  
    Erfisflat
    Live Long and Prosper
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    I used to be an active DDO user for a while, but its now become a massive joke. Became filled with trolls and spammers and it has became filled with so many bugs it is pretty much unusable. The site has been abandoned by Juggle and DDO is dead pretty much, I wouldn't be suprised if they did infact shut down and I wouldn't care. 

Edit: It seems it is back up now, but it seems to go offline for a few days then come back for a day and then go down again. And when it comes back up it's still broken as hell
    Erfisflataarong
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    It seems debate.org is back up. Now I can finally get back to the new, brilliant debates like

Should there be gender neutral cabins at summer camps?

Dua to save my marriage divorce +91-9413846417

KFCvsLotteria

aarong