frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Modern music is not topical any longer, and will disregard Neil Young's call.

Debate Information

Neil Young has called on musicians to create music for children in detention centers. Most modern musicians think that social commentary, and politics are taboo, and they wouldn't even have the gusto to make topical music because of that. I'm not arguing against self stylized music, but only making self stylized music out of fear the consequential backlash is spineless. (Most) Modern music is useless on social and political issues. Perhaps that is indicative of a broader social uselessness, and spinelessness.  

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    Modern musicians have no interest other than effectively brainwash the public.

Brainwashing is defined as , the process of pressuring someone into adopting radically different beliefs by using systematic appraoches.

Alpha waves are neural oscillations in the frequency range of 8–12 Hz[1] arising from the synchronous and coherent (in phase or constructive) electrical activity of thalamicpacemaker cells in humans. They are also called Berger's waves after the founder of EEG.

Music has a  frequency range  of waves8-12 hz, that effectively cause your brain to sleep and forms synapses, a junction between two nerve cells, consisting of a minute gap across which impulses pass by diffusion of a neurotransmitter.

Music is used to effectively change the way a person thinks by repetitive. Messages are most effective when repeated and considering the brain activity alteration when induced to frequency's of 8-12 hz musicians intend to control impulse activity in the brains hippocampus and lowest parts of the frontal lobe. The frontal lobes function controls cognition.

Music intends to make you think a certain way. It's all part of the satanic worthless cult agenda that defines Hollywood that I reject.

Jesus is Lord, it's why I listen to gospel.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @jesusisGod777

Music cannot make a person think a certain way. You are wrong. Please don't comment on this thread any longer. It is only intended for people with functioning brains. Thanx 
    jesusisGod777Plaffelvohfen
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    Modern music doesn't effect me one way or another. Much of it is what I call "rhythmic attitude". Thankfully, my hearing "ain't what it used to be". 
    I was watching America's Got Talent the other night, and, as usual, the "background music" was in the foreground and so loud you couldn't hear the contestant's voice OR instrument. That's the way with about ALL modern "music". I disagree that music can't make a person think a certain way. We used to have a variety of different TYPES of music … "Old time rock and roll", big band, classical, country, "pop", ballads, gospel, etc.. and you could hear every word. We still have classical, but nobody on the media plays it any more (except "special" stations), country isn't much different than today's pop, a lot of gospel used to mix with popular music, which today is "hi-speed" music to a rapid beat. I haven't heard a "relaxing" song for years and everyone seems to LIVE at todays "hi speed music" rate. Up tight and angry. Rhythmic attitude. A lot of "ooh, ooh, oohs and ah, ah, ahs. I enjoy a lot of different music, I just like to hear the words, hear the VOICE of the "singer". I don't even know if any of them can "sing" today … without instruments to drown them out. 
    High speed, rhythmic attitude, as is obvious, is how the majority live today. It looks to ME that "music(?)" CAN make people think (and live) a "certain way". 
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

Music changes perception, research shows

Date:
    April 27, 2011
    Source:
    University of Groningen
    Summary:
    Music is not only able to affect your mood -- listening to particularly happy or sad music can even change the way we perceive the world, according to new research.

So you can STFU.

Jesus is Lord.
    PlaffelvohfenAmericanFurryBoy
    @jesusisGod777

I won't , and I asked you not to post here, this thread is intended for people with functioning brains. That leaves you out. Changing someone's mood doesn't make people think differently, and it certainly doesn't brainwash them. The paint thinner you sniff does effect your brains which causes you to make statments. YOUR NOT WELCOME HERE!!! When you get a functioning brain, maybe then you'll be welcome here.     
    Plaffelvohfen
    @AlofRI

Most modern music isn't aggressive anymore. That went out in the last decade. There still is a variety of styles today, but someone who's used to classic, or classical styles may have trouble deciphering the different styles there are. This discussion is more about the content rather than the style of modern music. I guess if you can't actually hear the lyrics, that could be a huge barrier to understanding the message. Most modern music shys away from social commentary or political issues. Any political or social messages are made to be purposefully vague so it's difficult or impossible to understand the true message. Neil Young doesn't let himself be constrained by social standards and his music has become very topical in the past 20 years. I don't believe any modern musicians will be willing to make the types of songs Neil Young is asking them to make. I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong.         
    jesusisGod777AlofRI
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @jesusisGod777 ; I wonder …. shouldn't your name be "Jesus is God 666"?? Nasty! 
    Are you so wound up in rap music that you can't be civil? (I'm not saying ALL rap isn't civil ... I CAN'T! I can't listen as fast as they talk, but, often what I DO hear makes my happy that I can't B)!  Ask yourself, Do you like only ONE kind of music? I like MANY kinds. I'm apparently more "relaxed" than you are, which kind'a makes my point. Rhythmic attitude seems to have affected YOUR mindset. You could use some "soothing" sounds I would say. You sound like a Trump voter …. forgive me for bringing politics into "todays music", but, I DO think the beat of today effects the attitudes OF today, and that makes (some) people like people WITH attitude. Chill. >:)
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @piloteer

What do you mean by "self stylized music"? 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @Plaffelvohfen

When I say self stylized, I mean music that is made to express personal feelings, or dilemmas that only relate to the songwriters themselves and no one else. There may be some social commentary, or political views in those songs, but they're usually obscured so nobody can react to the message. Social critiques, and political issues are usually expressions that the songwriter believes relates to all of society. Although it's obvious when a songwriter makes a political or social statement, it's something they believe relates to all of us, but that's only their own opinion. But when a songwriter purposely makes songs without any care about whether it relates to anyone but themselves, I'd call it self stylized music. I'm open for suggestions on what else it could be called, because in all honesty, it's a self stylized term, and I'm not sure of its use in popular media.           
    Plaffelvohfen
    @jesusisGod777

I did read the article. It said nothing about music being able to brainwash anybody. That's your summary which is obviously effected by your paint thinner addiction, not because you understand the article. I never claimed to be a genius, or even remotely smart. But if there's ANYBODY who shouldn't be considered a genius, it's you, because you were obviously adversely affected by being breast while you were still in kindergarten. That's just messed up. I know that because this site is inclusive, they also need to accept people who sniff paint thinner, but that inclusiveness doesn't change who you are! 
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @AlofRI

I think you may have it backward. I think the attitudes of today is what's effecting the beat, not the other way around. Although I can't say I'm ecstatic about the lack of content in modern music, there a lot of modern bands that I love because of the funky freshness of their oh so crisp beats. They be spittin' science up on the turntables now. Word is born! 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

Ok, I see thx for the clarification! 

Now, there are politically charged songs out there, but I'll agree with you that it's certainly not "mainstream", at least not in the American audioscape maybe because the "pop culture" in general is shallow and omnipresent... It's a lot more present in french singers for example, the french music scene is ripe with social and political commentaries, but I think it's a cultural thing... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @Plaffelvohfen

I can't say I'm familiar with the French scene. I do like daft punk and air, but they've been around for 30 years now. They're not very modern. I think I'd be squeamish to hear any political music out of France right now. It's probably pro-yellow jacket stuff, which is very much not the type of political message we're used to hearing a in France.
    Plaffelvohfen
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, WHERE ARE YOU?!? 
    bish32hoep
  • bish32hoepbish32hoep 12 Pts   -  
    eat me up