frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Internet privacy matters. Change My Mind

Debate Information

The government should not have the access to our data. 
Zombieguy1987anarchist100

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BrainSocksBrainSocks 39 Pts   -  
    For the vast majority I agree, but in the case that someone is a threat to society, the government should be allowed to search their devices and browsing history--with a search warrant 
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    @BrainSocks
    IF

IF the government actually intended to protect a country because it cared about it's citizens then the government looking at data wouldn't be a problem HOWEVER the government uses that data to manipulate and exploit people.

So the government has proven itself it should have zip knowledge of what a person does on the internet.

Jesus is Lord.
    piloteer
  • BrainSocksBrainSocks 39 Pts   -  
    @jesusisGod777 In what ways are you suggesting the government exploits its citizens?
  • WinstonCWinstonC 235 Pts   -  
    It's often said that knowledge is power. So just give all the information about you away to big corporations and governments because they have never been caught abusing power.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I find your debate entirely too well thought out and justified to argue with.  You've simply gone to lengths to justify and explain your conclusion that I'm not prepared to match you for and I'm stunned at the way you articulated your argument in support of your conclusion.  Bravo.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    The potential for abuse here is a bit disconcerting;

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    The potential for abuse here is a bit disconcerting;

Interesting article.  It's important to keep in mind that DARPA is an independent agency under the DOD and not everything that they do is sanctioned or paid for by the DOD.  They research and test things that the U.S. will never use or take advantage of all the time and despite their research into basically bottle-necking information in the media...the DOD wouldn't be implementing this.  At the most it would be used as an analytical tool to identify who's responsible for the misinformation in order to properly punish government leaders who use it as a weapon against election opponents they way Hillary and the DNC did with the dossier.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".