frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

LGBT propaganda must not be allowed in schools.

Debate Information

In schools in Europe and the United States nowadays,childreen are being taught that it is alright to have 2 fathers or 2 mothers (which is impossible), that they should support men and women who are openly spreading such propaganda and actively destorying the country's culture. That will make the country subceptible to colonization by migrants since most of them are muslims,and they have not given up on their religions. As a result, Europe and the United States have become weak contructions where women behave like men and men are weak and spineless. 
PlaffelvohfenSkepticalOnejesusisGod777Zombieguy1987AlofRIDee대왕광개토xlJ_dolphin_473

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @MartinGocic

Fact, you can absolutely have 2 fathers or 2 mothers, what you cannot have are same sex progenitors... There's a difference between biological roles and social roles...
    SkepticalOneMartinGocicAlofRIBrainSocksxlJ_dolphin_473ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MartinGocicMartinGocic 57 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen
    If a child does not have both a mother and father figure,it will certainly be impaired when it comes to socializing with the sex that one of the parents is missing. It will be subceptible to various mental health problems as a result of not having that. Without a strong father figure and a caring mother figure,the child is doomed. Especially if the child is male,he will become asocial or will look for a father figure in someone else. When it comes to the mother,her presence is crucial too,if a person is deprived of a mother and her love,he will most certainly become antisocial or asocial at some point and suffer severe consequences.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI대왕광개토
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    Great post!

Scientifically someone's biological disposition causes them to be male or female.

The totality of their BIOLOGY is male or female, not just the parts.

You'll win the argument.

Look up male and female biology and what classifies male and female biology. It's not parts or hormones.

Jesus is Lord and God.
    MartinGocicZombieguy1987AlofRI대왕광개토Plaffelvohfen
    To help you argue the Y chrmosome.

Jesus is Lord.
    MartinGocicZombieguy1987AlofRI대왕광개토Plaffelvohfen
  • all4acttall4actt 305 Pts   -  
    martingocic

Just about everything you stated are outdated therories. 

A study done in Italy. The most resistant of western/euopean countries to same sex marriages and same sex parenting.  The resistance is mostly attributed to the strong influence that the Roman Catholic church still has in Italian politics. This study was done by reputal agencies.  You can check who when you read it.  

https://journals.lww.com/jrnldbp/Citation/2018/09000/Same_Sex_and_Different_Sex_Parent_Families_in.4.aspx

If an Italian study doesn't convince you how about an Amrican one.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6309949/

There are many other studies done in different parts of the world that conclude that it does not matter whether a child is raised by a same sex couple or a traditional man/woman couple.  The only things that do affect children is being raised by a couple that is stressed in their relationship or don't have close relationships with their parents.

So I would have to say you are basing your beilfs on outdated information or unproven propogand.
    PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987대왕광개토MartinGocic
  • https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/ This is the link for a website that contains 75 studies suggesting that children of gay or lesbian parents are not doing worse than other children. 
    MartinGocicPlaffelvohfenBrainSocks
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    It is a natural effect of societal evolution: the more prosperous we become, the more we open our minds to the new ideas that previously were considered wrong.

What is wrong with growing up in a family of two fathers or mothers? Or even in a family of 3-4 parents? How does it make the child's life better or worse in itself? Do you not think that it is more about what those parents are like, than what their gender is and how many of them are there?

You are also wrong in that most immigrants are Muslims. There is not a single non-Muslim country in the developed world where the majority of immigrants are Muslims. I have no love for Islam or any other totalitarian ideology, but this scaremongering is getting tiresome.
    MartinGocicall4acttxlJ_dolphin_473BrainSocks
    @all4actt
    Propaganda,why should be people be taught that something is a social norm when it is not? And in regards to the Church,the Orthodox church is more militant today than the Roman Catholic when it comes to LGBT issues. But of course,the LGBT movement is a political tool,not a human rights movement. In the end,some countries like Russia have an anti-propaganda law,banning people from brainwashing kids.
    대왕광개토
    @대왕광개토
    You can always find propaganda. There are various studies that show that transgenderism is a disorder,not a normal thing,and that most trans people suffer from depression as a result of their "transformation".
    대왕광개토
    @MayCaesar
    Yes,there are only two genders. And this is not scaremongering,if you end up with a population of weak men what will happen to the nation? Another healthier nation could devour it. How can an emasculated man protect his family? He cannot. That thing about more than 2 genders insults basic intelligence. 
    And we are not "evolving" by opening our mind to degeneracy. Those people who are proud of their...sexuality among everything else cannot be taken seriously. They will continue wanting more and more. Look at countries that do not accept the LGBT movement. Look at Russia for example. The country works great,no one is harrased,everyone is ok. There is no discrimination but the minorities will not be allowed to harrass the majority (unless you believe western propaganda about the horrible conditions that the "poor" gays live in there).
    Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토
    @MartinGocic

This is the wealthiest nation on Earth, with the largest average income per person in the world, with the largest private gun ownership in the world, with the largest and strongest police force and the military in the world, and the leading member of the strongest military alliance in the world. Who can possible devour it? China is the only serious pretender, but even it would be rolled over in a serious war, and besides neither its leadership nor the people seem interested in picking fights with anyone.

Russia works great? I am not so sure, after having lived there for almost 2 decades. The country is a mess, the quality of life is in the gutters, the crime and corruption are thriving, and people go to jail for daring to criticise the government in public. Is this what you would like to imitate? I moved from there to here for a reason; I wanted to have as little to do with that kind of society as possible.

Instead of trying to tell others what sexuality or family organisation they should have, it is better to look forward and to focus on the technological progress: we have a wonderful world ahead of us. Returning to the old rigid puritan system seems counter-productive, when we are entering the age of artificial intelligence, nanotechnology and augmented reality.
    all4acttPlaffelvohfen대왕광개토
    @MayCaesar
    Leadership not picking fights with anyone? What? Bombing of dozens of countries in Asia,destroying Libya in 2011,illegally bombing yugoslavia in 1999,supporting terrorists across the globe?
    For you information Russia is not like in the 1990s or the 2000s. Now it is a strong nation with good laws,Putin has made sure of it. And of course you cannot speak 100% freely there,the country is surrounded by NATOs allies and can't afford and dissentions. 
    And Russia is by the way a great rival to the USA,it is most likely on par with it. China as of now is not yet on that level. 
    And the world having a great future...that is not a world that will be run by liberals enforcing their degenarate beliefs on others. 
    Also,USA's economy is crumbling slowly,the country looks like it will go into a civil war. Russia is rising like China while the USA is deteriorating. They could not even finish their mission to plunder venezuela by putting their puppet Guaido on the throne. It is weakening and failing to enforce its imperialist agenda.
    대왕광개토
  • @대왕광개토
    You can always find propaganda. There are various studies that show that transgenderism is a disorder,not a normal thing,and that most trans people suffer from depression as a result of their "transformation".
    You claim that the information I got is just a propaganda yet you base your claim on belief that is not supported by evidence(if there is any evidence , then show me). And how do you even know that what you know is not based on propaganda and what others know is based on propaganda?
    Plaffelvohfen
    @대왕광개토
    Because 500 years ago no one "felt like they were another gender",suddenly its the 21st century and everyone starts whining.
    대왕광개토
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @MartinGocic I was talking about gay/lesbian marriage specifically(forgot to mention). And on what ground are you thinking that the information I found is propaganda?
    Plaffelvohfen
    @대왕광개토

(WEDNESDAY, May 29, 2019 (HealthDay News)Transgender people will no longer be classified as having a mental disorder by the World Health Organization.

WHO officials voted to move the term they use for transgender people -- gender incongruence -- from its mental disorders chapter to its sexual health chapter in the 11th revision of its International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-11), CNNreported.

That revision takes effect on Jan. 1, 2022.

The term gender incongruence is used by the WHO to describe people whose gender identity is different from the gender they were assigned at birth, CNN reported.

The new classification for transgender people is expected to improve their social acceptance while still providing them with access to important health resources, the WHO said last year when it announced the planned change.

Gender incongruence "was taken out from the mental health disorders because we had a better understanding that this wasn't actually a mental health condition, and leaving it there was causing stigma," Dr. Lale Say, coordinator of WHO's Adolescents and at-Risk Population team, said last June, "So, in order to reduce the stigma while also ensuring access to necessary health interventions, this was placed in a different chapter," Say explained.

대왕광개토BrainSocks
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    Responding to the OP and the actual topic of this debate, LGBT has no business being taught in school just as teaching heterosexual intercourse or sexual orientation has no place in school. 

Your sexual orientation is NOT who you are.  If you truly THINK that your sexual orientation defines you as a person then your values and ethics are skewed and I can imagine that would cause a great deal of social awkwardness.  The idea that "Who you like to have sex with" or "Who you're sexually attracted to" has anything to do with your character as a person, your morals or values is the epitome of mental illness in this world.  Your sexual orientation has as much to do with your character as your color of skin.  

That said, schools don't teach the ins and outs of being Black or White and how to handle these types of people in real world scenarios so why are they trying to do it with people of different sexual orientation?

Edit:
    I actually do have a stance on the whole Trans idea.  Transgender is not a norm nor is it normal.  The absolute highest rate of suicide of ALL demographics is the trans demographic and there's a reason for that.  No it's not because they're bullied and no it has nothing to do with them not having the body that they want.  Studies have shown that the suicide rate is unchanged among trans-gender people who were never bullied and have had all the necessary transition operations.  

And sexual pride is...really that's just ridiculous.  You're proud of your sexual orientation?  If you have no control over it...how do you develop pride in it?  What is the crowning achievement in your sexual orientation?  There's nothing to be proud or embarrassed about when it comes to your sexual orientation...it's no one's business but yours and your partner's.  People really need to stop waiving it around like a badge of honor.
    MartinGocicBrainSocks
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

@MartinGocic

Oh, please. You do not have to reiterate the narrative from the Russian national television; I am aware of what views it promotes. 

All I can say is: if you like living in such a society, then good for you. Me, I have better things to do with my life than constantly fight someone or something.
    Zombieguy1987
    @MayCaesar
    I think fighting for societys and childreens future is a good cause,hence all i have said.
    @MartinGocic

If your vision of a good future involves imposing your values on everyone who disagrees with you, then it does not seem like a good cause to me.

I fail to see why your views should be preferable as far as school education goes, to someone else's views. Schools are not supposed to instil any values in people; they are supposed to give people information on which they can then decide how to act. Schools should not "promote" LGBT lifestyle, but nor should they attack it or be silent about it. They should explain to children what LGBT is about, talk about various LGBT groups and then say, "Make of it what you will, children".

That said, if something is to be promoted at schools, it should be open-mindedness and acceptance, not narrow-mindedness and discrimination. Kids should learn that not everyone is like them, and that they are going to live with those who are not like them, so they better learn to build constructive relationships with them.

The Western civilisation is based on the values of individualism, that is each individual is an independent person with their own views on the world. It has proven superior to the alternative, collectivist approach, where everyone follows the same central doctrine. I do not see why anyone would want to go back there, to the times of kings and churches forcing everyone into servitude.
    대왕광개토MartinGocicPlaffelvohfenBrainSocksZombieguy1987
    @MayCaesar
    Western values are flawed and that is why Europe is facing s crisis. Why should be informed about something that is made up like the so called LGBT group? Then we should educate kids on other anomalies such as siamese twins,dwarves etc. They are there and that's it. 
    And no,individualism is failing,just like west. Those countries are corrupt to the core and brainwashing people. 
    But the regressive left continues their propaganda and wishes that Hillary Clinton won,the wife of a molester,terrorist and criminal who never should have been president.
    Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토Zombieguy1987
  • @MayCaesar
    Western values are flawed and that is why Europe is facing s crisis. Why should be informed about something that is made up like the so called LGBT group? Then we should educate kids on other anomalies such as siamese twins,dwarves etc. They are there and that's it. 
    And no,individualism is failing,just like west. Those countries are corrupt to the core and brainwashing people. 
    But the regressive left continues their propaganda and wishes that Hillary Clinton won,the wife of a molester,terrorist and criminal who never should have been president.
    How are you so sure that European countries are full of propagandas while Russia is not? Can you also demonstrate a clear dividing line between propaganda and fact? 
    @대왕광개토
    Yes,when you tell false facts,misleading information,bad data,from biased sources,and when the sources leave out information. All of that can be viewed as propaganda then. Especially if its intentional.
    @MartinGocic

Can you actually demonstrate that these are "false facts, misleading information,bad data," etc? So far all you gave us are opinions... 
    대왕광개토
  • @대왕광개토
    Yes,when you tell false facts,misleading information,bad data,from biased sources,and when the sources leave out information. All of that can be viewed as propaganda then. Especially if its intentional.
    You ignored my first question. You can show me any evidence that supports the claim that Europe is filled with propaganda while Russia is not. If you can't, then your claim is just a belief without empirical support.
    PlaffelvohfenBrainSocks
    @Plaffelvohfen
    What about the fact that suddenly the world decided to be good and "embrace" all kinds of different cultures,and yet not a single rich man spent 1% of his money and solved world hunger? If they were focusing so much on improving qualities of life,why not make better healthcare and social support system for everyone? Or why dont they fix the prison system which makes money off of recidivism instead of helping the inmates reform? 
    Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토
    @MartinGocic

How does this address my previous comment? How is this even relevant?
    @대왕광개토
    Is it not obvious? Countless wars the USA spent to get oil and resources under the excuse of "terrorism"? Millions of people homeless living in slums? Have you seen what poverty in New York looks like or you just look at the flashy parts of the city? What about the fact that in the USA the media always blames some political organizations for school shootings? Those shooting by the way happen 99% of the time in the USA. And then somehow America is such a great and humane place where people will refuse to receive medical attention when they know that they cant pay it off? The system does not care for anyone,if you dont have money,youre dead. No one is going to have mercy for you,not in hospitals,not in court,not in education. You cannot get anything in that country unless you have a good source of income.
    대왕광개토
    @Plaffelvohfen
    It does,every nation has its own propaganda,yet when you look at multiple resources,you can only say that i am right. I am not biased,i can just see which side is going for a better world in the moment and the foreseeable future. 
    대왕광개토
    @MartinGocic

That is still you personal opinion... I don't deny that propaganda exist but you were specific on the LGBT issue... Shifting mid-debate to a more general view of "propaganda" is disingenuous imo...
    대왕광개토
    It's common sense any form of homosexuality is wrong, of and it's not, natural then you wouldn't have to teach anyone what's apparent to someone or because of a genetic cause.

Homosexuality's not natural, abominable to Yahweh God Jesus the Christ of creation and is wrong.

Jesus is Yahweh Lord.
    Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토MartinGocic
    @jesusisGod777

Jesus was a sodomite...
    MartinGocic
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    It's common sense any form of homosexuality is wrong, of and it's not, natural then you wouldn't have to teach anyone what's apparent to someone or because of a genetic cause.

Homosexuality's not natural, abominable to Yahweh God Jesus the Christ of creation and is wrong.

Jesus is Yahweh Lord.
    Don't just base your claim on Bible. Prove that homosexuality is wrong, with scientific evidence.
    PlaffelvohfenBrainSocks
  • @대왕광개토
    Is it not obvious? Countless wars the USA spent to get oil and resources under the excuse of "terrorism"? Millions of people homeless living in slums? Have you seen what poverty in New York looks like or you just look at the flashy parts of the city? What about the fact that in the USA the media always blames some political organizations for school shootings? Those shooting by the way happen 99% of the time in the USA. And then somehow America is such a great and humane place where people will refuse to receive medical attention when they know that they cant pay it off? The system does not care for anyone,if you dont have money,youre dead. No one is going to have mercy for you,not in hospitals,not in court,not in education. You cannot get anything in that country unless you have a good source of income.
    You still didn't prove that Russia is free from being a country filled with propaganda. And more importantly, you haven't shown any evidence that supports your viewpoint on LGBT. 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @대왕광개토
    Seems like you have your own opinion and it does not matter what i say,you will say it is irrelevant. Discussion closed.
    대왕광개토Plaffelvohfen
    @Plaffelvohfen
    Not doing to debate about this anymore. You are not listening to anything i say. Discussion closed.
    Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @MartinGocic

The West is failing? How so? Our quality of life is the highest in human history, we are moving towards a technological paradise, we are freer than ever, stronger than ever, more diverse than ever. What is it exactly that is failing? You are afraid that everyone becomes homosexual and reproduction stops, or something along those lines?

And if the West is failing, then what do you see as an alternative? Totalitarian corrupt centralised states like Russia or China?
    대왕광개토Plaffelvohfen
  • @대왕광개토
    Seems like you have your own opinion and it does not matter what i say,you will say it is irrelevant. Discussion closed.
    At least I put forward the results of some researches that support my claim. However, you claimed that gay/lesbian marriage is wrong without giving any evidence. The information about gay/lesbian marriage I found is not just my opinion but a proven fact. Your argument is based on nothing but your belief that gay/lesbian marriage is wrong. Now you are going to run away because you can't do something as simple as demonstrating evidence? 
    MayCaesarPlaffelvohfen
    @대왕광개토
    Have you ever actually been here? Have you seen what life in the US actually looks like for the vast majority of people? Or do you just look at the bad apples on the news and judge the whole country by them?

I would like to see that magical country in which there is no poverty, no crime, no shoddy governmental activities, no instances of people inhumanely treating each other. Or a country where you may not have a good source of income and still do well somehow.

It is because everything happens everywhere that you have to look at statistics, if you want to get a good idea of what life in a given country looks like. And, I am sorry to say, it turns out that statistics puts the US near the top of the global list in virtually all relevant categories affecting the vast majority of people. You find other developed nations up there as well: Canada, Japan, the UK, Sweden, France, Germany... What you do not find up there is China and Russia. You do find them often at the bottom of various freedom rankings, however.
    대왕광개토Plaffelvohfen
  • @Plaffelvohfen
    Not doing to debate about this anymore. You are not listening to anything i say. Discussion closed.
    Asking you to provide evidence is completely different from not listening to what you say. Stop making comment.
    Plaffelvohfen
    A person born as a man can't feel like a woman by the very fact there feelings are a product of a mental state.

YAHWEH Jesus is Lord!
    대왕광개토MartinGocic
    Don't care what you think Debra, got a mensa rating of 190 iq.

Debra kick rocks until you learn how to. Be an aid.

Yahweh Jesus made me smarter than you
    대왕광개토MartinGocicBrainSocks
    @jesusisGod777
    Yes,too many weak-minded feminine men around,complete profanation of nature. Sad,but their problem.
    Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토
    @jesusisGod777
    Exactly,men who are traumatized at a young age or just raised weak will become such,or if they man up they can better themselves and their community,especially one where perversion has become norm.
    PlaffelvohfenBrainSocks대왕광개토
  • Don't care what you think Debra, got a mensa rating of 190 iq.

Debra kick rocks until you learn how to. Be an aid.

Yahweh Jesus made me smarter than you
    Really? If your IQ were actually 190, you wouldn't have made tons of laughable statements like "Yahweh Jesus made me smarter than you". Are you even aware that nobody buys into your ridiculous statements?
    MartinGocicPlaffelvohfen
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    Yeah it's totally better for a kid to have two abusive hetero parents than two loving same sex parents. Obviously the accused child will be better off in every way
    대왕광개토
    @WordsMatter
    There is no such thing as two same sex parents. There is adoption by same sex people,and they could be called wardens or guardians,not parents. Again,there are psychological reasons why the child should not be raised in such an environment. If there werent, then by all means, i would not be as opposed to that. 
    One of my friends' daughters had a friend who grew up in a family of two mothers. Last I heard, she worked in one of the top business companies in the country and had a profitable side business, and she always smiles on the photos whenever I see her - that wide, big smile which you cannot fake and which says, "I am so happy, it is insane".

Does not seem to me like she would have been better off growing up in your vision of the proper family. Perhaps, in the end, it is not about the type of the family, but about the people in it? Just a thought.
    대왕광개토
  • Yeah it's totally better for a kid to have two abusive hetero parents than two loving same sex parents. Obviously the accused child will be better off in every way
    I doubt the validity of your claim. How are you so sure that it is better for a kid to be raised by two abusive hetero parents than by two loving same sex parents? Have you got any research to support your claim? 
    @MayCaesar
    Why is happiness in the west always associating with possessing a huge amount of money? That is not success,success is about being content in your life,helping other people,setting up a good example,standing up for what is right and eventually,having childreen that grow up like that and teach their childreen those things. Though,i would not say that having childreen is necessary,many people cannot even find a partner. Basically,women have the natural need to have childreen and protection,if they do not then they will get miserable as they get old. On the other hand,men may not have that natural need for childreen as much so they have to go on finding meaning in their mind and always staying strong. A woman who has a "career" but no one besides her is destined to misery. Im not trying to put down anyone,im just stating facts. In the end i dont care,id say let people do what they want and see themselves what happens if they do not listen. Not going to pressure anyone to listen.