frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Falling

Debate Information

did satan fall before or after Adam and Eve were created?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Maybe Lilith was turned INTO Satan … that would put Satan BETWEEN Adam and Eve? According to some legends, Lilith was made from the same mud puddle as Adam, making her his equal. When Adam said "Lie beneath me woman." She told him to, I guess, "pound sand"! When Adam went crying to God he did all kinds of mean things to Lilith, stole one of Adams ribs and made him something that WOULD lie beneath him … cause SHE was dependent on Adam for her life. Today, Lilith seems to be getting SOME revenge!
    Now, about Satan …. I'm sure there will be several theories brought forth, but, ME, I'm waiting for the sequel. :cold_sweat:  
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @maxx

>did satan fall before or after Adam and Eve were created?

After. In the OT passages that tell of Satan's fall, people of Earth are warned that Satan has been banished to Earth.

Other verses in the NT allude to Satan being jealous of the stature and attention God gave men instead of to angels, causing him to begin to resent God.

Why do you ask?
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    Umm, what men are you referring to? It was just adam@ethang5
    @maxx

Rev 12:12 - Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    that has nothing to do when he was first ; I repeat, FIRST thrown from heaven, it was after he tricked even in the garden and there was no humanity other than adam and erve.. @ethang5
    @maxx

>that has nothing to do when he was first ; I repeat, FIRST thrown from heaven,

Lol. How many times do you think Satan was thrown out of Heaven? That is exactly when he was thrown out, and the Earth is noted as having  inhabitants.

>it was after he tricked even in the garden and there was no humanity other than adam and erve.

I haven a clue why you think it was right after he tricked Adam and Eve. The bible doesn't say so.

Never-the-less your question was, "did satan fall before or after Adam and Eve were created?"

My answer was After. If you had an answer you liked better, you had no reason to ask me.

Two points to consider though.

First, Heaven, unlike Earth, is timeless, therefore events in both places do not have a relational relationship chronologically.

Second, I'm not sure now in what sense you're using the word "fall". If you mean Satan " fell" as in the "fall" of man, you are incorrect.

Satan was banished from Heaven and "fell" (Earth being lower in status) to Earth.

Either way, whether it was only Adam and Eve, or more people, it was still after the creation of man.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    I agree it was after Adam and Eve, yet it is obvious as to what I meant with my question. As to when he was First thrown out you will get many religious people who claim that it was due to the so called garden incident; after all, the Bible says he was a good angel who roamed the garden at first so he had to have fallen shortly after he introduced sin into the world . As well after he was banned from heaven I doubt god put him back in so I would say he was thrown out just once.if you are taking about the so called war that’s is supposed to be going on that’s some things else @ethang5
    @maxx

>I agree it was after Adam and Eve, yet it is obvious as to what I meant with my question.

Yes, and I answered you.

>As to when he was First thrown out you will get many religious people who claim that it was due to the so called garden incident;

Well, I take the bible's account as the only authoritative one.

>after all, the Bible says he was a good angel who roamed the garden at first so he had to have fallen shortly after he introduced sin into the world.

I know no verse that says Satan was a good angel who roamed the garden of Eden.

>As well after he was banned from heaven I doubt god put him back in so I would say he was thrown out just once.

I agree. Who said he was thrown out twice?

>if you are taking about the so called war that’s is supposed to be going on that’s some things else

No it isn't. Satan fell when he rebelled against God in Heaven, in the garden of Eden, the serpent was only punished, nothing more is said about what became of him.
    Ezekiel 28; 13-15  as well. this is what I dis-like about many  christains , they can not even agree among each other as to the interpretation of the bible.  I have talked to biblical scholars who are religious and most agree that there is a war going on now between satan and his minions and god and his angels and they point to revelation as proof. therefore the bible does say what became of him after the garden. also the verses I sent you shows that he was in the garden as one most high. unless of course you disagree with the bible
     @ethang5
    @maxx

>Ezekiel 28; 13-15  as well. this is what I dis-like about many  christains , they can not even agree among each other as to the interpretation of the bible.

They do. You just accept many non-christians as Christians.

>I have talked to biblical scholars who are religious and most agree that there is a war going on now between satan and his minions and god and his angels and they point to revelation as proof.

Sorry to point out to you that those you spoke to were not biblical scholars. The "war" in Heaven is over, and Satan was kicked out of Heaven. And God Himself did not fight Satan, the angel Michael did.

>...therefore the bible does say what became of him after the garden.

I meant It does not say in the Book of Genesis what became of him. We already know the ultimate end of Satan.

>...also the verses I sent you shows that he was in the garden as one most high.

You sent me no verses. Perhaps an oversight.

>....unless of course you disagree with the bible

I never disagree with the bible. I would be a fool to do so, so while I may not be an Einstein, I'm smart enough not to contradict the bible.
    the verse I sent you was at the start, Ezekiel 28 . 13-15. as well. I guess you must have been there to discredit these biblical scholars as frauds and I do not accept non christains as christains, you simply are putting words in my mouth. one thing about the bible is how people interpret it.  revelation is according to the bible itself, a prophecy of what is to come and some believe the war in heaven has already started and others say no.
    @ethang5
    @maxx

>some believe the war in heaven has already started and others say no.

What some believe is irrelevant. I care only for what the bible says.

I have your reply but don't have the time yet to post it, but will soon.
    @maxx

>some believe the war in heaven has already started and others say no.

What some believe is irrelevant. I care only for what the bible says.

I have your reply but don't have the time yet to post it, but will soon.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    interpretation; just because you read it one way doesn't mean you are correct and others who read it differently are wrong. talk about egotistical; that is as bad as dee.@ethang5