frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

To the moon?

Debate Information

There's no way men went to the moon. You still think we did? Evidence! 
dropoutcomey_testifyale5SilverishGoldNovanatbaronsZombieguy1987
  1. Live Poll

Men went to the moon?

19 votes
    1. No way!
      21.05%
    2. I saw it on TV!
      63.16%
    3. I don't know, it's questionable.
      15.79%
Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
44%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• dropoutdropout 39 Pts   -  
    They did, what do you think the government is doing with the NASA budget? 
    comey_testify
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @dropout
    Developing VR technologies and giving us CGI, pocketing the rest.
    comey_testifyZombieguy1987
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    @dropout hopefully that's not your argument.
    comey_testifyZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
  • comey_testifycomey_testify 54 Pts   -  
    @erfisflat , can you provide a public budget or financial report to prove this? Con may be able to due to the truth being that man did go to the moon and nasas agenda is space such as the ISS.
    @comey_testify
    Are you saying that public budget reports are infallible and not subject to falsification? 
    Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
  • m_abusteitm_abusteit 101 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    Whats your evidence that nasa uses the money to make holograms, CGI or vr or what you claim.
    Zombieguy1987
    @m_abusteit

Telemetrics virtual reality sources:
    http://www.telemetricsinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39:splashmedia-&itemid=54

http://www.telemetricsinc.com/case-studies/johnson-space-center

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=42888

NASA's VR camera malfunction shows guy in the background with his wire harness unsuccessfully edited out, hand going through a hat, and VR object camera malfunction causes guy on the left to handle invisible object.

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, in any court system your evidence would be highly circumstantial. In our society the justice system is innocent until proven guilty - so you have a burden of proof to show that NASA is stealing our money and fakes it with VR glasses.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
    @ale5 were not exactly in court man. A $20,000,000,000 a year company can cover it's feces pretty well, remember these are the same people that claim they orbit a spherical earth too, I've shown that to be false. I can definitely show them liars though. 

It is well known that the ISS has a delay when conversing with us earth people. A good example

Yet here is an astro-not recording a live song simultaneously with earth bound frontman from Barenaked Ladies.

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @ale5

Have you examined any of NASA'S footage?

Wayne Dyer
    All the evidence so far is "I saw it on TV, and, they make a lot of money and print a report about it....

Wayne Dyer
    Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landings in a studio and coded a confession into The Shining. 

Danny stands up and walks to room 237. The moon is approximately 237,000 miles away. 

there is a lot more coding in the movie. Not nearly enough time to cover it all.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited June 2017

Has the earth grown in size?

Maybe it Just got closer
    SilverishGoldNovaEvidenceZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    "the lunar module was $400,000,000"

Yeah it looks like someone glued a bunch of aluminum foil together. 
    Evidence
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Erfisflat said:
    "the lunar module was $400,000,000"

Yeah it looks like someone glued a bunch of aluminum foil together. 
    Still getting ripped off to this day
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    I can't tell if thats $400,000,000 of engineering or if someone glued aluminum foil to a bunch of pipes.
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    @wake 5 out of ten agree so far. The moon landings were probably faked.
    namemcnameEvidenceZombieguy1987calebsica

Wayne Dyer
  • @Wake Also, if you think everyone on the internet should have their name and address published then... whats yours? Practice what you preach 

• namemcnamenamemcname 88 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    We have an appeal to popular opinion fallacy
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNovaEvidence
    Erfisflat said:
    That's when you use the popular opinion as infalliable evidence. I was just stating the results of the poll.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova - You first.
    SilverishGoldNova
    @wake this debate is for discussions about or presenting evidence for or against the original moon landings. Please stay on topic.

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    Erfisflat said:

@Namemcname Ad populum fallacies only count when popular opinion is being used as evidence. So no, it's not an appeal to popular opinion fallacy, he was simply stating the statistics of the poll. There are a number of reasons the moon landings were faked.

EvidenceZombieguy1987

• Wake, Love the new profile pic

• There are retroreflectors that were placed on the moon during the Apollo 11, 14, and 15 missions. By using lasers you can calculate the distance from earth to the moon. This has been conducted hundreds of times. If we never went how did the retroreflectors get there?
    There are retroreflectors that were placed on the moon during the Apollo 11, 14, and 15 missions. By using lasers you can calculate the distance from earth to the moon. This has been conducted hundreds of times. If we never went how did the retroreflectors get there?
    There aren't any retroreflectors on the moon. Don't be ridiculous. They were bouncing lasers off the moon long before the moon landings. It's either a reflection on water, or in image under water.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v194/n4835/abs/1941267a0.html?foxtrotcallback=true

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment#cite_note-2

EvidenceSilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
  • Mankind set foot on the moon first in 1969 in the mission Apollo 11, but despite their success, there were debates about whether NASA actually landed or faked their appearance. Did they make up their landing just to be ahead of Russia in the space race? One key question was why did the flag in the background waving when there is no wind on the moon. The truth is Apollo did indeed land on the moon and even brought samples back to earth. There are still footprints of this astronaut imprinted on the surface of the moon. As for the flag, a metal rod was inserted horizontally on top of the flag to keep it straight and from dropping from gravity.
  • K_MichaelK_Michael 114 Pts   -  
    @dropout
     In 1969, the government was not developing VR and CGI.
    First of all, that's a load of crap, because they don't use those, the entertainment industry does.
    Furthermore, even if they didn't build a working lunar module, they still had to build those expensive rockets, which no one in their right mind would just launch into space in order to "win" the space race.Especially since you can view many of the associated technology in a museum. Any time someone calls into the question a government conspiracy, you wonder why the government never makes a statement that the conspiracy is wrong? It's because they know that it's so that there's no point in trying to refute it.

@Erfisflat
    The second picture you provided for moon to earth scaling was an animated exaggeration, just like most solar system models, because it allows the relationship between the two to become more apparent and to make it more easily apparent the size ratios between the actual bodies.
    The reason why the moon looks bigger in the sky than the earth does because we have an atmosphere. Especially near the horizon, where the amount of intervening atmosphere is highest, the size of the moon is magnified by atmospheric gases acting moonas a magnifying lens on the moon. This is a well recorded phenomenon, as we've also observed far away galaxies through gaseous nebulae that acted as a lens as well.

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."