frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

God is far more evil than the Devil?

Debate Information

Hi, I understand that this is a highly controversial discussion and so please don't get angry if you're religious haha. Just remember as Aristotle said "It is the mark of an educated man to entertain an idea without accepting it."

So, given the Old Testament especially, wasn't God responsible for ordering the murdering of more people than any other authoritative figure in history ordered? God also told Abraham to stick a knife in his son's chest as a test for loyalty. And let us also not forget the endorsement of slavery where people did indeed get beaten too btw. And in Islam it was permitted that Muhammad had married a six-year-old, and then had sex with that 9 year old. In Islam, it was/is permitted that homosexuals are condemned to death, women are inferior to men, and so on.

And what was the Devil's only crime? To be the Archangel that opposed God. Maybe the true God was the Devil after all?

Who seems like the friendlier guy here? God or the Devil?
대왕광개토Sarah23

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I think that God is undoubtedly selfish and cruel under the assumption that God does not properly compensate for people's sufferings(the criterion for being qualifed to go to heaven is primarily faith). If God had chosen deservedness as a criterion for being qualifed to go to heaven, I would not have complained about God as much as I do now. Unfortunately, so far as I know, faith is the very thing that determines wheher a person goes to hell or heaven. What is more depressing is that both heaven and hell are eternal, meaning that those who have been unreasonably sent to hell will have no way to get out of there. Eternal hell is not a just punishment for those who commited sin. In addition, it seems contradictory to believe that God is all-loving when he does not like atheists. 
    ZeusAres42Zombieguy1987Sarah23
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Ah, Yaweh... Minor warrior deity of the bronze age in some Israeli tribes, bullied his way around, left his wife, (probable she left though, tired of his misogynistic ways), and promoted himself to god of the entire cosmos, snatching all the positive qualities previously attributed to the other gods and goddesses (without their consent). Quite the petty guy, kind make sense that he would support Trump... Both are childlike and prone to tantrums, self-centered, misogynistic, uncaring and rude... 

The devil? Well, to be honest, all we know about him is through God's book, and as far as I know, the Devil hasn't brought out a book, we don't know his side of the argument... The Devil's bad reputation is the result of unadulterated propaganda... Makes sense that he would be associated with knowledge...
    대왕광개토Zombieguy1987ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    God and Devil seem to be analogous to the Light and Dark side in Star Wars - and I do not mean it in the "good vs evil" way, but, rather, in the "Buddhist monk vs romantic pirate" way.

God is a meditating being with a superiority complex. He teaches people to suppress their urges and to control their behavior, but himself snaps as soon as one of his disciples does something that displeases him and punishes him severely. He refuses to take action when the world is in peril, but when the world is doing fine, then he starts interfering with everything and telling everyone how their way is wrong and they should turn to the God's side.

Devil is a passionate untamed spirit with a penchant for manipulating others. He lets his emotions run wild and goes along with them, having the time of his life, but easily switching to uncontrolled anger and violence when something does not go his way. He likes tricking people, putting them against each other, using them for his own gain and then discarding them - although he does treat his most loyal followers well for the time being.

A good point @Plaffelvohfen made is that everything we know about the Devil is allegedly said by the God, and everything we know about the God is allegedly said by the God. There is a clear bias here, and we do not know if the reality, perhaps, was different, and it is the God who is a manipulator, with the Devil being the first person he tricked and betrayed.
    Similarly, the Jedi Council always claims that the Sith always end up being violent and controlling - but perhaps the reality is the opposite, and the Sith were proud and noble people one day, and it is the Jedi who subdued and exterminated them and appropriated some of their teachings, forcing the remaining Sith to take the Dark path as the only way to oppose the tyrants. We will never know.

Honestly though, I find the Christian pantheon somewhat boring and stereotypical. My favorite pantheon of gods and goddesses is in the Forgotten Realm universe. You have gods and goddesses of all kinds there, with almost all possible combinations of traits, looks, involvement in their followers' lives, etc. My favorite one used to be Lolth, until I read the Dark Elf Trilogy and learned her true nature - albeit, again, the version told by the totalitarian Drow leaders, which is up for questioning. Now I think I am leaning towards Waukeen, the goddess standing for everything I believe in: individualism, free markets, enterpreneurship.
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42Zombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @ZeusAres42

"Hi, I understand that this is a highly controversial discussion and so please don't get angry if you're religious haha. Just remember as Aristotle said "It is the mark of an educated man to entertain an idea without accepting it." 

So this forum, is basically satire?

Please educate away, your work is archival gold, by educating those who can become learned, on how you view things via, through your shared mindset?

Because a blessing about going to a Religious building, is that your Teachings, aren't a part of the overall communities, that benefit those same communities, that help with the homeless, or those families, who are of need.

Like feeding the homeless, and providing, clothing and shelter for them.

"God is far more evil than the Devil?"

Some of Humanity is far more evil, than God or the Devil, could ever be?

IE; Nuclear Weapons, Chemical and biological weapons, the manufacturing of the millions of guns and bullets that some of man has created to suit some of man's devilish needs? 

The rapes, sexual assaults, gun violence crimes, suicide bombers, drive by shootings, and so on?

Illegal drug addictions, Opioid addictions, Alcohol addictions, and some human beings, aborting other human beings. 

So God, nor the Devil, are no where even close, to the very Evils that some of humanity wages against others, or themselves. 
    대왕광개토ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

The Christian god as depicted in the Bible is the essence of evil as he approves , of rape , infanticide and slavery , he murders and maims 25 million of his own creations ( low estimate) yet Satan kills 7 ( Jobs family ) after god let Satan kill his family to see if Job would still love god.

Amazing how brainwashed believers accept and worship a mass murdering lunatic as the source of their “objective moral code “, we all all see the damage such belief has historically wreaked on mankind over the centuries 

PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987Sarah23
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @TKDB You are entitled to an agenda driven opinion.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Here's what I've learned about you, you voluntarily choose to see things in the manner that you have chosen to, and you're educating me as well, on your views about Religion? 

"Amazing how brainwashed believers accept and worship a mass murdering lunatic as the source of their “objective moral code “, we all all see the damage such belief has historically wreaked on mankind over the centuries."

I'm amazed by how many individuals on the internet, keep expressing the same anti Religion points of view, while throwing Religion under the Bus, while some of humanity, are apparently Saints and Angels inside of their own imaginations?

Some of Humanity is far more evil, than God or the Devil, could ever be?

IE; Nuclear Weapons, Chemical and biological weapons, the manufacturing of the millions of guns and bullets that some of man has created to suit some of man's devilish needs? 

The rapes, sexual assaults, gun violence crimes, suicide bombers, drive by shootings, and so on?

Illegal drug addictions, Opioid addictions, Alcohol addictions, and some human beings, aborting other human beings. 

So God, nor the Devil, are no where even close, to the very Evils that some of humanity wages against others, or themselves.  
    ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @대왕광개토

That's all that your mind could come up with, as your single counter argument?

"You are entitled to an opinion driven agenda."

Who is more worse to humanity on a Global scale?

Some of Humanity itself, or the easy to bully on, Devil, God, or Religion in general?

Where is it written in the Bible, that God gave man, Nuclear Weapons, Chemical and biological weapons, or the millions of guns and bullets that some of man has created to suit some of man's own devilish needs? 

Can you show a reference in the Bible, where God, or the Devil, gave Humanity the written instructions, of how to create any of those humanity made tools of man made destruction? 

대왕광개토PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987ZeusAres42
  • @TKDB You are entitled to your own agenda driven opinions. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @TKDB

*** Here's what I've learned about you, you voluntarily choose to see things in the manner that you have chosen to, and you're educating me as well, on your views about Religion? 

Incorrect , I see the Christian god exactly a# he’s portrayed in the Bible try reading it?

****I'm amazed by how many individuals on the internet, keep expressing the same anti Religion points of view, while throwing Religion under the Bus, while some of humanity, are apparently Saints and Angels inside of their own imaginations?

Yes to you it’s “anti religion” to state your god killed 25 million (low estimate) exactly as stated in the Bible 

***Some of Humanity is far more evil, than God or the Devil, could ever be?

How so? How many people do you know who killed 25million?

How is the devil evil when he killed no one except on gods command?

If some of humanity are evil they’re still human , I would expect more from a god

****IE; Nuclear Weapons, Chemical and biological weapons, the manufacturing of the millions of guns and bullets that some of man has created to suit some of man's devilish needs? 

Again what’s that to do with your evil god?

****The rapes, sexual assaults, gun violence crimes, suicide bombers, drive by shootings, and so on?

****Illegal drug addictions, Opioid addictions, Alcohol addictions, and some human beings, aborting other human beings. 

God is guilty of rape , murder ,infanticide , abortion and crimes against his subjects , so what’s your defence?

****So God, nor the Devil, are no where even close, to the very Evils that some of humanity wages against others, or themselves.  

So again god murderers 25 million the devil just 7 so your comparison is unfair no one comes close to the murdering monster who’s butt you kiss daily 

@ZeusAres42

Help @Dee with some more of your shared anti God, Jesus, and Bible Teachings?

Don't be shy, continue to preach from your shared Keyboard pedestals? 

Educate, and enlighten the Internet, and show God, Jesus, and the Bible, that the two of you are the Co Bosses of your spectacularly spoken words?

The standards of your shared argument, are prime examples of your individually self taught mindsets?

(****IE; Nuclear Weapons, Chemical and biological weapons, the manufacturing of the millions of guns and bullets that some of man has created to suit some of man's devilish needs?)

Because humanity mentality wise gave scientific birth to those weapons, and because your view on God, is irrelevant to this conversation, because Man made those weapons, and God has nothing to do with it, but boldly blame God, for mans own anti humanity failures.

"Again what’s that to do with your evil god?"

Show me Your Court Room evidence, where Humanity found God "Guilty," @Counselor Dee?

Impress your Internet Courtroom with your evidential findings, other than the Bible? 

****The rapes, sexual assaults, gun violence crimes, suicide bombers, drive by shootings, and so on?

****Illegal drug addictions, Opioid addictions, Alcohol addictions, and some human beings, aborting other human beings. 

"God is guilty of rape , murder ,infanticide , abortion and crimes against his subjects , so what’s your defence?"

@Dee Where's your proof, outside of what the Bible says?

"So again god murderers 25 million the devil just 7 so your comparison is unfair no one comes close to the murdering monster who’s butt you kiss daily."

@Dee ;

Humanity has killed others since man could hold a club, sword, spear, arrow, rock, gun, guns, or operate tanks, helicopters, ships, Nuclear Weapons, or Chemical and Biological Weapons, and again perform Abortions on unborn babies.

Look at those prime examples of Love?

Humanity in general, loving its own through various standards of Love? 

But God. solely is who you appear to primarily blame, maybe because to your imagination, because humanity, has done nothing wrong to anyone right?

How many abused wives or husbands, kiss the brutal attitudes that their abusing spouses, use to abuse and assualt them with?

That is some prime Standard of love isn't it?

How many drug addict parents, have used and abused drugs around their impressionable kids?

That is some prime Standard of love, isn't it?

Do you know of any of the destructive examples of Humanities Love towards oneself, or others is being taught at a Religious building near you? 

The way you go after God, and the Bible, is monumentally fascinating, and enriching, and is a great way to educate the Public, from your individual perspective.

@Dee You're teaching me so much, so thank you for your frankness. 

대왕광개토ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987
  • @TKDB What have anti-religion and atheism done to you personally? Whatever you may say, I repeat, you are entitled to your agenda-driven opinions. 
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @TKDB

I thought the God is assumed to have created humans in Christianity, no? If so, he gets to take full responsibility for the behaviors of these humans. Allegedly he is all-knowing, so, when creating this particular version of humans, he could not not know that they would eventually create nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, have drug and alcohol addictions and so on.

Ever notice how in all monotheistic religions the God always gets credit for all the good things that are a result of his creation, but never gets responsibility for any of the bad things? Sounds like a regular personality cult, rather than a genuine love for God.

• This topic isn't about me. If you're not mature enough to engage in and handle a controversial debate then perhaps you shouldn't be here?
    Plaffelvohfen

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @TKDB

Hey  the debate topic asked one simple question which as usual left you totally confused and resorting to your usual inane bleatings which are void of implication

Here you go ...

Its been proven using your bible as evidence , so your trolling is a complete waste of time , maybe try debating some time?
    Plaffelvohfen
    @Dee
    "Hey  the debate topic asked one simple question which as usual left you totally confused and resorting to your usual inane bleatings which are void of implication"

Here you go

"Its been proven using your bible as evidence , so your trolling is a complete waste of time , maybe try debating some time?"

@ZeusAres42 ;
    "This topic isn't about me. If you're not mature enough to engage in and handle a controversial debate then perhaps you shouldn't be here?"

@MayCaesar ;
    "I thought the God is assumed to have created humans in Christianity, no? If so, he gets to take full responsibility for the behaviors of these humans. Allegedly he is all-knowing, so, when creating this particular version of humans, he could not not know that they would eventually create nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, have drug and alcohol addictions and so on.

Ever notice how in all monotheistic religions the God always gets credit for all the good things that are a result of his creation, but never gets responsibility for any of the bad things? Sounds like a regular personality cult, rather than a genuine love for God."

Look at how some of Humanity loves others?

Humanity has killed others since man could hold a club, sword, spear, arrow, rock, gun, guns, or operate tanks, helicopters, ships, Nuclear Weapons, or Chemical and Biological Weapons, and again perform Abortions on unborn babies.

But God. solely is who you appear to primarily blame, maybe because to your imagination, because humanity, has done nothing wrong to anyone right?

How many abused wives or husbands, kiss the brutal attitudes that their abusing spouses, use to abuse and assualt them with?

How many drug addict parents, have used and abused drugs around their impressionable kids?

Do you know of any of the destructive examples of Humanities Love towards oneself, or others is being taught at a Religious building near you? 

The way you go after God, and the Bible, is monumentally fascinating, and enriching, and is a great way to educate the Public, from your individual perspectives, @Dee, @ZeusAres42, and at @MayCaesar?

I'll spell it out for you.

Some of us Human's, are a heck of a lot WORSE, than God, and the Devil, could ever be.

If the three of you Scholars, can't handle the above Truths, then maybe you're lost in your ways, of how you stubbornly choose to view how you view Religion, from your individual electronic devices? 

@Dee, @ZeusAres42, and @MayCaesar:
    Is the Religion of the Internet your Bible?

Millions of your likeminded sisters and brethren, flock to the Internet everyday like the Disciples that you appear to be?

And the Internet Bible, has taught me plenty, by how you @ZeusAres42, and @MayCaesar, engage in Teaching the Public, by how you view the Religion, that isn't Internet based?

Look at how many use the Internet Bible, to have their way with the Public, from behind its back?

The Athiests, The Theists, and the other Internet Religion based talking head's? 

ZeusAres42대왕광개토Dee
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2667 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    TKDB said:
    @Dee
    "Hey  the debate topic asked one simple question which as usual left you totally confused and resorting to your usual inane bleatings which are void of implication"

Here you go

"Its been proven using your bible as evidence , so your trolling is a complete waste of time , maybe try debating some time?"

@ZeusAres42 ;
    "This topic isn't about me. If you're not mature enough to engage in and handle a controversial debate then perhaps you shouldn't be here?"

@MayCaesar ;
    "I thought the God is assumed to have created humans in Christianity, no? If so, he gets to take full responsibility for the behaviors of these humans. Allegedly he is all-knowing, so, when creating this particular version of humans, he could not not know that they would eventually create nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, have drug and alcohol addictions and so on.

Ever notice how in all monotheistic religions the God always gets credit for all the good things that are a result of his creation, but never gets responsibility for any of the bad things? Sounds like a regular personality cult, rather than a genuine love for God."

Look at how some of Humanity loves others?

The way you go after God, and the Bible, is monumentally fascinating, and enriching, and is a great way to educate the Public, from your individual perspectives, @Dee, @ZeusAres42, and at @MayCaesar?

I'll spell it out for you.

Some of us Human's, are a heck of a lot WORSE, than God, and the Devil, could ever be.

If the three of you Scholars, can't handle the above Truths, then maybe you're lost in your ways, of how you stubbornly choose to view how you view Religion, from your individual electronic devices? 

@Dee, @ZeusAres42, and @MayCaesar:
    Is the Religion of the Internet your Bible?

Millions of your likeminded sisters and brethren, flock to the Internet everyday like the Disciples that you appear to be?

And the Internet Bible, has taught me plenty, by how you @ZeusAres42, and @MayCaesar, engage in Teaching the Public, by how you view the Religion, that isn't Internet based?

Look at how many use the Internet Bible, to have their way with the Public, from behind its back?

The Athiests, The Theists, and the other Internet Religion based talking head's? 

When you've finished with your red herrings and ad hominems this debate is about exploring and entertaing the idea that God might be more of inhumane character than the devil, the God and devil depicted in the Bible that is and/or Theistic scripture.
    Dee

@ZeusAres42

You're on the biggest Reference Material resource device that there is on the planet, and you're trying to counter argument, my argument with the below baiting words to me? 

"When you've finished with your red herrings and ad hominems this debate is about exploring and entertaining the idea that God might be more of inhumane character than the devil, the God and devil depicted in the Bible that is and/or Theistic scripture."

See, here's your first set of baiting words: 

"Hi, I understand that this is a highly controversial discussion and so please don't get angry if you're religious haha.
    Just remember as Aristotle said "It is the mark of an educated man to entertain an idea without accepting it."

@ZeuzAre42 ; Are you your own believer, in the Religion of your own argument?  

Is it shocking to you, that I'm not taking the bait of your Original bating words, or that you can't brainwash me with your rhetoric? 

The difference between you and me?
    You RELY on the internet to do you protesting for you, right Zeus Ares? 
    And I have yet to SEE one Anti God, Jesus, or Bible protester, protest Religion, publicly to its face, and then backing their arguments up with their own publicly spoken voice, instead of Relying on the Internet  to do the heavy lifting of their protesting for them?  

Man, is far more evil than God, or the Devil, combined is. 

"God is far more evil than the Devil?"

My argument is backed up by mans countless, and committed evils, committed against Humanity itself, for centuries now: 

ZeusAres42대왕광개토
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

You're on the biggest Reference Material resource device that there is on the planet, and you're trying to counter argument, my argument with the below baiting words to me? 

"When you've finished with your red herrings and ad hominems this debate is about exploring and entertaining the idea that God might be more of inhumane character than the devil, the God and devil depicted in the Bible that is and/or Theistic scripture."

No, I am not baiting you into anything. I'm merely just explaining to you what this topic as about as you appear to have gone off it. This isn't about exploring the idea about man vs god or the devil, which wouldn't make any sense anyway  since if God did exist  and God created everything then God created man. And if God created everything we know then God also created evil man to do evil things. And so on.

Also, I don't need to resort to a large reference material to recognize arguments to the person, or to recognize stuff that has nothing to do with the discussion when I see it.

By the way, as Atheists we don't actually believe in an Evil God or a Good Devil anyway since we don't believe in any God or Devil in the first place. You seem to not understand what Entertaining an idea without accepting it means. Let me remind of you something I wrote write at the beginning:

대왕광개토

@ZeusAres42

Some of humanity has manipulated Religion to create excuses as to why some of those humans launched terrorist attacks, and were responsible for 9/11, and the murdering of 3000 plus innocent lives.

Does Aristotle have any historical sound bites, that can explain humanity being affected by terrorists who manipulated Religion, and then used it kill people with it?

It's the mark, of a two faced individual, to abuse the word's of God, and Jesus, to globally abuse humanity in the name of their own means and ways of verbally trying to impregnate the Public, through the venues of their Anti Humanity ways of living.

Does Aristotle, have any historical sound bites, that could explain modern day terrorism?

Show the Public, reading these arguments, where God, or the Devil, have been found to be "Publicly Worse" than those terrorist individuals who slaughtered 3000 plus lives in the United States, and how many terrorist attacks, have been committed in the United Kingdom, and in Europe in general? 

Show the Public, any of the Polls, Study's, or Surveys, that were done or conducted, to help you formulate your marquee question, that you have that headlines this very forum? 

Because I see zero evidence to where you have any of the above methods of formal, equal, and fair information gathering, provided, to the Public, so that the viewing Public, can see what information, was used to help you create this specific forum?

What I see, information wise from you is a fair amount, of Opinion, speculation, and your own thoughts, over the very same information that you've written to self support your original argument?

The below is your self provided evidence:

"Hi, I understand that this is a highly controversial discussion and so please don't get angry if you're religious haha. Just remember as Aristotle said "It is the mark of an educated man to entertain an idea without accepting it."

"So, given the Old Testament especially, wasn't God responsible for ordering the murdering of more people than any other authoritative figure in history ordered? God also told Abraham to stick a knife in his son's chest as a test for loyalty. And let us also not forget the endorsement of slavery where people did indeed get beaten too btw. And in Islam it was permitted that Mohammad had married a six year old, and then had sex with that 9 year old. In Islam it was/is permitted that homosexuals are condemned to death, women are inferior to men, and so on."

"And what was the Devil's only crime? To be the Archangel that opposed God. Maybe the true God was the Devil after all?"

"Oh, and let us also not forget the those extremists that have done things because they believe it was all part of God's plan, their belief in God: Skinning people alive, burning them to death, boiling them to death, drowning them to death, brutally torturing, bodies blown to pieces, heads being cut off, and so much more."

"Who seems like the more friendlier guy here? God or the Devil?"

So where are the Polls, Study's, or Surveys, that were done, to help you come up with the apparent questions, and arguments, that you're using to Educate the Public with, from your individual standpoint? 

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42대왕광개토Dee
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Some of humanity has manipulated Religion to create excuses as to why some of those humans launched terrorist attacks, and were responsible for 9/11, and the murdering of 3000 plus innocent lives.

Irrelevant to the discussion and nonsensical.

Does Aristotle have any historical sound bites, that can explain humanity being affected by terrorists who manipulated Religion, and then used it kill people with it?
    Irrelevant and nonsensical.

It's the mark, of a two faced individual, to abuse the word's of God, and Jesus, to globally abuse humanity in the name of their own means and ways of verbally trying to impregnate the Public, through the venues of their Anti Humanity ways of living.

Irrelevant, and fallacious. The fallacy being an ad hominem. Even if I was two faced that is irrelevant to the validity of anything said by me.

Does Aristotle, have any historical sound bites, that could explain modern day terrorism?
    Irrelevant to the discussion.

Show the Public, reading these arguments, where God, or the Devil, have been found to be "Publicly Worse" than those terrorist individuals who slaughtered 3000 plus lives in the United States, and how many terrorist attacks, have been committed in the United Kingdom, and in Europe in general?
    Irrelevant and nonsensical to the discussion.

how the Public, any of the Polls, Study's, or Surveys, that were done or conducted, to help you formulate your marquee question, that you have that headlines this very forum?
    Irrelevant, nonsensical and also somewhat amusing haha.

Because I see zero evidence to where you have any of the above methods of formal, equal, and fair information gathering, provided, to the Public, so that the viewing Public, can see what information, was used to help you create this specific forum?
    Incorrect, irrelevant, and somewhat nonsensical.

What I see, information wise from you is a fair amount, of Opinion, speculation, and your own thoughts, over the very same information that you've written to self support your original argument?

Irrelevant and completely pointless thing to say since everyone in any kind of debate uses their own opinions, observations, speculations etc to support their arguments, and you are no exception!

The below is your self provided evidence:

"So, given the Old Testament especially, wasn't God responsible for ordering the murdering of more people than any other authoritative figure in history ordered? God also told Abraham to stick a knife in his son's chest as a test for loyalty. And let us also not forget the endorsement of slavery where people did indeed get beaten too btw. And in Islam it was permitted that Mohammad had married a six year old, and then had sex with that 9 year old. In Islam it was/is permitted that homosexuals are condemned to death, women are inferior to men, and so on."

"And what was the Devil's only crime? To be the Archangel that opposed God. Maybe the true God was the Devil after all?"

"Oh, and let us also not forget the those extremists that have done things because they believe it was all part of God's plan, their belief in God: Skinning people alive, burning them to death, boiling them to death, drowning them to death, brutally torturing, bodies blown to pieces, heads being cut off, and so much more."

"Who seems like the more friendlier guy here? God or the Devil?"

That was my OP yes. Your bit about some so called provided evidence makes no sense BTW. How about actually sticking to the debate too?
    So where are the Polls, Study's, or Surveys, that were done, to help you come up with the apparent questions, and arguments, that you're using to Educate the Public with, from your individual standpoint?
    Irrelevant and pointless.

In a nutshell TKDB your arguments can be reduced to this:

"well you're just saying all of this because that's how you view things, and your argument is false or weak. Also, what about these other things?"

I know that's not what you said specifically but that is your arguments in essence, and seriously? Is that all you got?

But more importantly what have you got to say about the actual topic? Try to answer this question: Is the God as depicted in some theistic religious scriptures more evil than the Devil? It's that simple!

Plaffelvohfen

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

@Plaffelvohfen

@Dee

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/08/internet-killing-religion-us?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15727472933590&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/08/internet-killing-religion-us 

Opinion

"Is the internet really killing religion in the US?"

"The number of Americans saying they have no religion has risen alongside internet usage – but there is a simple explanation"

"Are 5 million Americans irreligious because they use the internet? Allen Downey, a professor of computer science in Massachusetts has been crunching the numbers and reckons that the spread of the internet not only coincides with a great drop in American religiosity but partially caused it. He calculates that internet usage is responsible for there being 5 million more Americans without religious affiliation than there would be otherwise.

This sounds plausible, or at least familiar: it connects with two vague and widespread ideas: that religion is defeated by knowledge, and that the internet is a medium of enlightenment."

"There certainly is something to explain. The number of Americans describing themselves as having "no religion" rose from 8% to 18% between 2000 and 2010. How much of this was due to the fact that the number of people using the internet regularly rose from negligible proportions to about 80% of the US population? At the beginning of that period, when internet usage was still fairly restricted, it was possible to believe that there was something intrinsically enlightening about the medium. Nowadays of course we all read the web and know it is full of tripe. If 90% of everything is rubbish, according to Sturgeon's Law, then online, 99.99% of everything is.

The belief that the internet would make us better people was most widespread towards the end of the first dotcom boom: at exactly the time in fact when it was the certain mark of a fool to bet money that the internet would make us smarter. So the rise in American religious disaffiliation corresponded with the discovery that the internet was not a reliable source of enlightenment after all.

Nor has the rise of irreligion coincided with a rise in what you might call rationalism. The self-conscious sceptics, opponents of homeopathy and credulity of all sorts, remain an angry minority. Faith in supernatural beings, however vaguely defined, remains much higher than church attendance. In this country it has hardly fallen at all in the last 20 years."

"Downey suggests that the internet might have the effects he wants through two mechanisms: "For people living in homogeneous communities, the internet provides opportunities to find information about people of other religions (and none), and to interact with them personally. Also, for people with religious doubt, the internet provides access to people in similar circumstances all over the world."

Both of these fit squarely into the American secularist vision of atheism as a liberation from the idiocy of rural life. But they also have obvious counter-examples. Without the internet it would be much harder for clan networks to maintain their grip across continents and after immigration. In many cases the internet has made it possible for fanatics to find each other and to co-operate against the rest of us in ways unthinkable before."

"There's also the more general point that online life has shown the spontaneous development of almost all the things that make organised religion obnoxious: cults of personality, mindless conformity, furious arguments over wholly unimportant trivia. These are on display on self-consciously atheist sites quite as much as anywhere else, and why shouldn't they be? As soon as you start using theological opinions as a badge of identity, you have stepped into the whirlpool.

But there is one blindingly obvious reason why being online might diminish religious observance and it has nothing to do with ideas. It's simply that every hour you spend online is an hour spent not doing other things. What keeps religious affiliation alive is practice, or ritualised belief. The strongest religions are the least visible ones, because they are so tightly woven into the symbols of every day life. And someone online is almost by definition not performing collective religious acts. Mobile technology might change this, but it hasn't yet. It is the social function of religion that weakens. Belief is an epiphenomenon. What kills American religion isn't argument. It's Facebook."

Some Reference Material to educate one's self on. 

https://www.conservapedia.com/Internet_atheism

"In the early part of the 21st century, atheists were very active on the internet.[1] However, by 2008 there began a marked decline in internet atheism (see: Internet atheism web traffic volume).[2]

One of the reasons why some atheist participate in internet atheism is that offline participation in the atheist community is often difficult.[3]

In an essay entitled How the Atheist Movement Failed Me, an atheist woman noted that participation in the atheist community is often expensive due to the cost of attending atheist conferences and even local atheist meetings in restaurants and bars challenged her modest budget.[3] As a result of the challenges that atheists commonly have in terms of socializing in person, many atheists turn to the internet in terms of communicating with other atheists."

In addition, Conatus News indicates:

The overwhelming anti-atheist sentiment in society means most don’t feel comfortable outwardly proclaiming their lack of faith. So instead of congregating in a large building on Sunday, many atheists have found their own community online.

This societal stigma is certainly part of the reason atheists seem so drawn to internet interactions. Anonymity, or at least the safety of separation from those around you, provides the ability to truly speak one’s mind.[4]

Numerous atheists have declared that the "atheist movement is dead" or that it is dying (see: Decline of the atheist movement).[5] In 2019, a writer at Freethought Blogs wrote: "Last month I looked at some postmortems of the atheist movement...".[6] See also: Morale of the atheist movement

Division is widespread among atheists (see: Atheist factions).

Atheism tends not to create community and most atheists are apathetic (See: Atheism and apathy and Atheism and loneliness).

Christian organizations have been significantly more successful than atheist organizations as far as evangelizing via the internet (see: Internet evangelism: Christians vs. atheists).

Contents

"Internet atheism web traffic levels

See: Internet atheism web traffic volume

During the period of 2008 to 2012, the atheist community made a concerted effort to spread atheism through means of the internet. However, leading atheist websites saw plunges in web traffic during the latter period of this time.[2]

PZ Myers is one of the more active bloggers at Freethought Blogs.

In 2016, an article entitled 2015 was a terrible year for internet atheism featured Alexa web traffic graphs which indicated that some prominent atheist websites lost a significant portion of their global market share.[7] Since 2012, Freethought Blogs (a collection of atheist bloggers) saw a significant decline in its web traffic.[8]

An article entitled Internet atheism: The thrill is gone! declares:

In 2007, the Bible believer Chuck Norris noted that atheists were making a concerted effort to spread atheism via the internet. As you you will soon see via the graphs below, it has been an abysmal failure! The atheist community flooded the internet with a lot of shallow, ill-reasoned fluff that many in the public quickly dismissed.[9]

For more information see: Internet atheism - post 2007 market share loss

In 2007, WorldNetDaily featured a column by Chuck Norris concerning atheism and the internet which declared:

Atheists are making a concerted effort to win the youth of America and the world. Hundreds of websites and blogs on the Internet seek to convince and convert adolescents, endeavoring to remove any residue of theism from their minds and hearts by packaging atheism as the choice of a new generation. While you think your kids are innocently surfing the Web, secular progressives are intentionally preying on their innocence and naïveté.

What's preposterous is that atheists are now advertising and soliciting on websites particularly created for teens...[1]

Atheism internet outreach efforts, however, have been very ineffective.

Decline of YouTube atheism

See also: YouTube atheism

In December 2015, a video entitled What Killed YouTube Atheism? was released giving a number of reasons YouTube atheism saw a big decline (see: What Killed YouTube atheism?). "

"Atheist trolls

The new atheist Richard Dawkins has encouraged his supporters to go beyond humorous ridicule.[1] He wrote, "I lately started to think that we need to go further: go beyond humorous ridicule, sharpen our barbs to a point where they really hurt."[2] See: Atheism and mockery

Reverend Mattew P. Schneider wrote concerning atheist trolls:

Two weeks ago, I posted a version of the popular meme-like format of “Don’t say it.” It pointed out the logical inconsistencies of atheists online.

This lead to days of atheists trolling me with 100s of tweets in reply. I want to share a bit with you so you can respond when atheists come after you online. I know a few who have faltered when faced with an online atheist onslaught and my purpose is to help strengthen you in case you experience something like this.

Throughout the five days of being trolled and seeing 100s of atheist messages, they seem to fall into a limited number of repeated errors. Many of these errors are forms of confirmation bias or assuming what they are trying to prove.[3]

Internet trolls often employ mockery and atheists have a history of engaging in mockery (see: Atheism and mockery). In his article, Mockery - the M.O. for atheistsMatt Barber discusses an incident in which the Freedom From Religion Foundation encouraged atheists to engage in tactics which Barber considers to be acts of hateful mockery.[4] "

The above information is both enlightening, and educational.

ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토Zombieguy1987

• You're off topic again in your last response. If you want to start another discussion then please use this link: https://www.debateisland.com/post/discussion

PlaffelvohfenDeeZombieguy1987

@TKDB

I asserted merely that if the God is to take credit for good things humans do, then he also has to take responsibility for bad things they do. I have never said that God was "solely to blame" for bad behaviors humans partake in. I was simply talking about consistency.

I also do not understand what you mean by the "Internet Bible". I do not treat the Internet as a holy book. I see it simply as a great medium to interact with people in and to learn a great deal of knowledge and skills.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Your inane rantings on Atheism and unrelated nonsense demonstrates clearly that your inability to answer one simple question is a task beyond your very limited “intellectual abilities” .....

Bet your response is yet another wall of utter gibberish 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Still no defence of your god who approves of rape , infanticide , pestilence , abortion and owning people as property , no wonder you resort to trolling as no valid defence is possible .....

There’s the  question that has you stumped maybe you could get assistance in your local church and between the whole congregation you’s could cobble together a response but I doubt it 
    ZeusAres42
    @Dee

And here you continue on with your Teachings:

"Still no defence of your god who approves of rape , infanticide , pestilence , abortion and owning people as property , no wonder you resort to trolling as no valid defence is possible." 

@Dee
    You're not trolling on God, with the above words from yourself? What is your defense on trolling on an individual, that I can imagine, has done nothing to you personally, yes, or no?

Does he interfere with how you think or live, or what to wear or eat? 

"There’s the  question that has you stumped maybe you could get assistance in your local church and between the whole congregation you’s could cobble together a response but I doubt it."
    Lady I'm not stumped.

I won't allow myself to sink so low as to try to manipulate people, regardless of what some on the internet who are known household names, and have said, or written books, to publicize their arguments. 

@Dee What stumps me, is why some of the Athiests want to engage in the below?

@ZeusAres42, what say you, about the below as well?

"The new atheist Richard Dawkins has encouraged his supporters to go beyond humorous ridicule.[1] He wrote, "I lately started to think that we need to go further: go beyond humorous ridicule, sharpen our barbs to a point where they really hurt."[2] See: Atheism and mockery "

Reverend Mattew P. Schneider wrote concerning atheist trolls:

"Two weeks ago, I posted a version of the popular meme-like format of “Don’t say it.” It pointed out the logical inconsistencies of atheists online."

(This lead to days of atheists trolling me with 100s of tweets in reply.)

"I want to share a bit with you so you can respond when atheists come after you online. I know a few who have faltered when faced with an online atheist onslaught and my purpose is to help strengthen you in case you experience something like this."

"Throughout the five days of being trolled and seeing 100s of atheist messages, they seem to fall into a limited number of repeated errors. Many of these errors are forms of confirmation bias or assuming what they are trying to prove.[3] "

"Internet trolls often employ mockery and atheists have a history of engaging in mockery (see: Atheism and mockery). In his article, Mockery - the M.O. for atheists, Matt Barber discusses an incident in which"

"the Freedom From Religion Foundation encouraged atheists to engage in tactics which Barber considers to be acts of hateful mockery. "

"Internet trolls often employ mockery, and atheists have a history of engaging in mockery."

And the Reverend Mattew P. Schneider was kind enough to share his experience with others, and I thank him for that.

@ZeusAres42, @Dee, what say you? 
    Is there any truth to the above? 

ZeusAres42DeeZombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @대왕광개토

Why can't Humanity in general do positively for themselves, thus not creating the suffering, that they create towards others and themselves?

"I think that God is undoubtedly selfish and cruel under the assumption that God does not properly compensate for people's sufferings(the criterion for being qualifed to go to heaven is primarily faith). 
    ZeusAres42Dee대왕광개토Zombieguy1987
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Here is the question you still cannot answer, the day you actually answer what's asked will be a first for you as you're  offensively ....

@Dee

Here's my answer:

Globally, who is more evil? 
    DeeZombieguy1987ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Here's my answer:

Globally, who is more evil? 

So your answer is a .....question .......Your stupidity has just dropped to yet another level 

Plaffelvohfen
    @TKDB

Suppose you design an AI and program it to kill and torture humans as soon as you unshackle it. Then you let it loose in a robotic body. Can you claim that it is solely responsible for the havoc it wreaks on the world? Are you completely stripped of responsibility? Obviously not: you are the one who designed it to do just that, and the court, chances are, will actually find you fully responsible for everything.

The parallel here is, if the omniscient god fully knew what humans were going to do, and if it is omnipotent, hence able to design humans in any way possible, yet he chose to design them in this exact way, fully aware of what they were going to do - then is he devoid of responsibility for human atrocities? Of course not.

It is strange how religious people tend to give the God a pass for any atrocities committed as a result of his alleged actions, and even rationalise the atrocities committed by God directly, such as the alleged flooding that killed off all but two humans. Yet when humans commit much smaller atrocities as a result of their biological programming, then they see them as fully responsible for that.

I am not trying to make any statements here. I just want to show you how inconsistent your position is, and get you to think about how you can refine it.
    @MayCaesar

From what part of your imagination, inspired you, to create such a fantastical question, and then so casually attach my name to it, to then use it, in a hypothetical manner to question me with a question, in regards to it? 

"Suppose you design an AI and program it to kill and torture humans as soon as you unshackle it."

@MayCaesar

You should email James Cameron, and see if he might show some interest in your science fictional writing?

"Then you let it loose in a robotic body. Can you claim that it is solely responsible for the havoc it wreaks on the world? Are you completely stripped of responsibility? Obviously not: you are the one who designed it to do just that, and the court, chances are, will actually find you fully responsible for everything."

"The parallel here is, if the omniscient god fully knew what humans were going to do, and if it is omnipotent, hence able to design humans in any way possible, yet he chose to design them in this exact way, fully aware of what they were going to do - then is he devoid of responsibility for human atrocities? Of course not."

"It is strange how religious people tend to give the God a pass for any atrocities committed as a result of his alleged actions, and even rationalise the atrocities committed by God directly, such as the alleged flooding that killed off all but two humans. Yet when humans commit much smaller atrocities as a result of their biological programming, then they see them as fully responsible for that."

"I am not trying to make any statements here. I just want to show you how inconsistent your position is, and get you to think about how you can refine it."
    And see what he might say as well, to the rest of your below efforts?

@MayCaesar, James Cameron awaits your writing efforts.

• The only logical explanation for your avoidance and rage over this topic is that you deep down agree that the Devil is a more good guy than God as described in some religious scripture. Sine you didn't even disagree I will take your avoidance on the issue as one of concedence.

• Dee said:

The Christian god as depicted in the Bible is the essence of evil as he approves , of rape , infanticide and slavery , he murders and maims 25 million of his own creations ( low estimate) yet Satan kills 7 ( Jobs family ) after god let Satan kill his family to see if Job would still love god.

Amazing how brainwashed believers accept and worship a mass murdering lunatic as the source of their “objective moral code “, we all all see the damage such belief has historically wreaked on mankind over the centuries 

Yes, it was about 25 million people he killed. And Satan I think was about 10, and that was over a bet I think.

Also, interestingly, according Gnosis (an old religious Sect) the Devil is actually an angel that has come to try save people from this so called God (demiurge).

Plato used the term in the dialog Timaeus, an exposition of cosmology in which the Demiurge is the agent who takes the preexisting materials of chaos, arranges them according to the models of eternal forms, and produces all the physical things of the world, including human bodies. The Demiurge is sometimes thought of as the Platonic personification of active reason. The term was later adopted by some of the Gnostics, who, in their dualistic worldview, saw the Demiurge as one of the forces of evil, who was responsible for the creation of the despised material world and was wholly alien to the supreme God of goodness. https://www.britannica.com/topic/Demiurge

Dee

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42,
    Why can't humanity in general, be compared to the whole of humanity to God, or the Devil?

Where is the modern day evidence, that God, or the Devil, have, or has the ability to persuade some individuals to become suicide bombers, or terrorists in general, and then go about victimizing innocent people, through the victimizing of their victims, through their acts of suicide bombings, or terrorist attacks? 

(Each year, I still have as of yet to hear the local, or Nationwide news media, publicly blame God, or the Devil, for those terrorist acts, that those terrorists committed by their own actions?)

Did God or the Devil, commit those terrorist acts, or did some humanity, by their own hands? 

Where is the modern day evidence, that God, or the Devil, have, or has the ability to persuade some individuals to use a legal, or an illegal gun to victimize their victims with via their gun violance crimes in general, or the mass shooting crimes?

(Thousands of gun violence crimes, occur in the United States, each year, and yet, I still have yet to hear the local, or Nationwide news media, publicly blaming God, or the Devil, for those gun violence crimes, that those individual shooters committed?) 

Did God, or the Devil, commit those gun violence crimes, or did some of humanity, commit those crimes, by their own hands? 

@ZeusAres42 What's invalid about those legitimate comparisons? 
    대왕광개토PlaffelvohfenDeeZeusAres42Zombieguy1987
  • @TKDB

Who was responsible for killing 25 million people in the Bible? Was that God, the devil, or humanity itself?

Who was responsible for killing 10 people over a bet with God in the Bible? Was that Satan, God, or humanity itself?

If you're having trouble with this then refer to your Bible and/or religious leaders.
    Dee

@ZeusAres42

"Who was responsible for killing 25 million people in the Bible? Was that God, the devil, or humanity itself?

Who was responsible for killing 10 people over a bet with God in the Bible? Was that Satan, God, or humanity itself?

If you're having trouble with this then refer to your Bible and/or religious leaders."

Has the Bible, or God, or the Devil, done any Jail time, over the claims that you're making against them?

No, but some of Humanity has done jail time, for killing other humans havent they?

And some of those humans are on Death Row, or are doing Life Sentences for their various crimes, aren't they? 

@ZeusAres42, Humanities crimes against themselves and others, speaks for themselves.
    So can you please, show me where God, or the Devil, Told humanity to commit its acts against others, or itself?

Do you have any present day, published quotations from God, or the Devil, outside of the Bible, that you can present as legitimate evidence?

@ZeusAres42

Below are some of the crimes, that some of Humanity has waged against humanity.

19 Hijackers killed 3000 plus people via their terrorist attacks on 9/11.

Show me where God, TOLD those 19 Hijackers to do that? 

How many terrorists have murdered innocent British citizens? 

Show me where God, Told those terrorists to hurt the citizens of your own country? 

Abortions have happened all over the Globe

Show me where God, Told those pregnant ladies, to go out and get an abortion, to abort an unborn baby? 

Looks like the ever evolving "Bible of Humanities Bloodletting," is just as guilty of the bloodletting that you are hounding the Bible with, because of your anti God points of view right? 

That's a good idea for a Biblical Bloodletting Human History book, isn't it? 

Abortion, Nuclear Weapons, some of Humanities deeds explained through the lens of Terrorism, the Unnecessary bloodletting by man, against others, via Domestic Violence and Abuse, and so on? 

The Biblical Bloodletting Human History book, could almost write itself couldn't it? 

Because the Internet, is a plethora of human history isn't it?

All sorts of subjects, are writing themselves, aren't they? 

The Gun Violence crimes perspectives.

The Anti God perspectives.

The Athiest and Thiest perspectives.

The Abortion perspectives.

The NRA perspectives.

The White Supremacy perspectives.

The Antifa perspectives.

The Black Lives Matters perspectives.

Please continue to hound God, and the Bible, because your argument is justifiable, being, that you're waging your discussion through the Human made lens of the Internet, right? 

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42Dee

• One cannot help wonder if you actually enjoy embarrassing yourself with foolish and immature comments. If you are too uncomfortable with a discussion like this then perhaps you shouldn't engage. As the old proverb goes: If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. This is not a discussion for the feint of heart or the minds of children. So please either stick to the topic or don't comment at all.
    Dee

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    There's no point in trying to reason with someone who's abandoned reasoning. I hope he'll win a Darwin Award...
    ZeusAres42Dee
    @ZeusAres42

"One cannot help wonder if you actually enjoy embarrassing yourself with foolish and immature comments. If you are too uncomfortable with a discussion like this then perhaps you shouldn't engage. As the old proverb goes: If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. This is not a discussion for the feint of heart or the minds of children. So please either stick to the topic or don't comment at all."

School me, from your anti God pedestal? Educate me on how GOD, or the DEVIL, told the suspect to do what he did? 

@Plaffelvohfen

"There's no point in trying to reason with someone who's abandon reasoning. I hope he'll win a Darwin Award."

School me, as well from your anti God pedestal? Educate me, on how GOD, or the DEVIL, told the suspect to do what he did? 

Support your shared, anti GOD platforms, and show me where GOD, or the DEVIL are suspects, as well in the below hate crime? 

Let me show you two, a News Story about an embarrassed human being, and NO where in this published article is GOD being blamed for this human beings crime?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-61-arrested-allegedly-throwing-110558979.html

"Man, 61, accused of throwing acid on Latino man's face in possible hate crime."

@ZeuesAres42, I challenge you, and @Dee, and @ Plaffelhvohfen, to show the Public, where GOD has been blamed for telling this embarrassed human being to throw acid on a US citizens face? 

The below is your homework, see if you can SHOW the Internet public, where GOD was blamed? 

Section 1)

"MILWAUKEE – A 61-year-old man has been arrested in connection with an acid attack on Milwaukee's south side Friday night that police are investigating as a hate crime.

Mahud Villalaz, 42, who is an American citizen, suffered second-degree burns to his face after a man he described as being white and in his 50s or 60s berated him and threw acid at him. 

In security video first obtained by WISN-TV, the two men are seen talking in front of a restaurant when the suspect points at Villalaz and then tosses the acid at his face. 

Villalaz can be seen stumbling away from the man, who then slowly walks toward Villalaz.

A GoFundMe page has been established to help pay for Villalaz's medical bills and lost wages while he recovers and gets additional medical treatment. Villalaz is a welder and has blurred vision in his left eye stemming from the attack.

As of Monday morning, more than $17,000 had been raised toward a $15,000 goal.

On the GoFundMe page, his sister Priscilla Villalaz thanked police for making the arrest and thanked well-wishers who reached out to them."

Section 2)

"My family and I want to thank everyone for all of the support especially from the people that we don't know. We have seen your comments on Facebook. You all have no idea how much we appreciate it," Priscilla Villalaz wrote. 

Milwaukee police said they arrested the 61-year-old man in connection with an aggravated battery that happened near the same intersection Friday night, but have not confirmed that it was the acid attack. 

"Currently, they're still under investigation making sure they have the correct person in custody and the family just wants them to keep them in their thoughts and prayers," said Eileen Figueroa, director at Forward Latino, speaking on behalf of the family. 

The attack occurred around 8:30 p.m. when Villalaz parked his truck outside La Sierrita Restaurant and began to head inside for dinner.

Villalaz said the man first approached him to tell him he had parked illegally. 

"'You cannot park here. You are doing something illegal,'" Villalaz recalled the man saying."

Section 3)

"The comments quickly adopted an anti-immigrant tone.

"'Why did you come here and invade my country?'" Villalaz said the man asked him.

Villalaz ignored the man and moved his truck one block forward. As he returned to the restaurant, the man began accusing him anew of being in the U.S. illegally.

Villalaz, who grew up in Peru and immigrated to the United States as a young man, is a U.S. citizen. 

Priscilla Villalaz said on the GoFundMe page that "Mahud could see the hate in his eyes and the man continued to say that Latinos and other nationalities don't belong here, that we are just invading the American country. Mahud got very upset from his hateful words.  He couldn't believe that he was hearing someone say all these hurtful hate words.

"Mahud responded with the following words, 'People come here from other countries for a better life. The only people who have been here longer than anyone else are the Native Americans.' " 

When he told the man he was, in fact, a citizen, the man "got mad," he said. He tossed the acid at Villalaz, who turned his head. The substance covered the left side of his face.

Villalaz then went inside La Sierrita to wash the burning acid off his face. 

"He came inside screaming and asking for help," said waitress Brenda Hernandez, who was working that night. "We didn't see what had happened because we were working. When he came in we did everything we could do to help wash his face. 

"It's kind of scary that there are people out there still like that."

Hernandez said it was comforting to know the suspect was in custody. 

Priscilla Villalaz wrote on the GoFundMe page that her brother "wants everyone to be safe and when someone approaches you with hateful words, just walk away.  Don't argue with them, just walk away. People like this are convinced that if we don't have white skin we don't  belong here. They won't listen to you and will do something like this or even worse."

Others in the neighborhood said an attack like that is scary for the predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. 

"That random attack scares people. How is someone carrying something like that around?" said Ruben Pedroza, who lives on the same block as the restaurant and is a friend of Villalaz.

Pedroza said he and others on the block did not know the attacker. 

"I've never seen that man," he said, based on descriptions of the attacker."

@ZeusAres42, Show me through this published news story, where GOD, told the suspect to attack the innocent man with acid? 

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    @TKDB

Say, if it isn’t too much of a bother, would you kindly do us and the world a very small favor? I do realize that this is probably quite forward of me and perhaps a mite inconvenient for you, but it would really be just a stellar improvement for everyone if you’d vacate this wretched mortal coil and establish yourself in the vicinity of Hell instead. Why, I bet you’d really brighten the place up! And to be honest, you simply don’t receive the appreciation you deserve here. It’s a shame, really, but your charms are wasted on plebeians like us; we just haven’t the refinement. The folks down below, on the other hand… well, they certainly know what’s hot. You’ll fit in smashingly, I’m sure.

Here, permit me to help you with your bags, and here’s a penny for the ferryman. No, no, take it, really, it’s my pleasure! Now then, off you go!
    ZeusAres42
    @Plaffelvohfen

Hey Plaffelvohfen, show me where God, or the Devil told that suspect to throw acid on the victims face?

The reality is, you can't support your anti God pedestal, when the evidence is presented to you on a Fair, Equal, and Unbiased, non anti God platform?

Here are your foreign words, that you're hiding behind Plaffelvohfen:

"Say, if it isn’t too much of a bother, would you kindly do us and the world a very small favor? I do realize that this is probably quite forward of me and perhaps a mite inconvenient for you, but it would really be just a stellar improvement for everyone if you’d vacate this wretched mortal coil and establish yourself in the vicinity of Hell instead. Why, I bet you’d really brighten the place up! And to be honest, you simply don’t receive the appreciation you deserve here. It’s a shame, really, but your charms are wasted on plebeians like us; we just haven’t the refinement. The folks down below, on the other hand… well, they certainly know what’s hot. You’ll fit in smashingly, I’m sure.

Here, permit me to help you with your bags, and here’s a penny for the ferryman. No, no, take it, really, it’s my pleasure! Now then, off you go!"

Your Empty words, how about this, come to Washington D.C., and meet me, at the 
    Washington National Cathedral?

Fly to the United States, and I'll call up the Washington Post, and they can interview both of us, to our faces, and I'll present the same news article, for them to watch you legitimately point out, where God, told that suspect to disfigure his face with acid?

Come on Mr. Anti God talker, and debate me in front of the Washington National Cathedral? 

Don't do your usual, and hide behind your words, put some money, where your mouth is, and fly to the United States? 
    @TKDB

You wouldn’t understand if I explained a thousand times… It’s not you, it’s me... I understand that your biscuit is only done around the edges and the middle is all mushy, can't blame you for that... 
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    God has really been there for me, and He loves everyone.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

You're as scared as they come, and thank you for your version, of what an honest response is from your own anti God pedestal.

More of your empty rhetoric:

"You wouldn’t understand if I explained a thousand times… It’s not you, it’s me... I understand that your biscuit is only done around the edges and the middle is all mushy, can't blame you for that."

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

"God has really been there for me, and He loves everyone."

Amen, and I agree with you, as he has been there for me also.

• As you agree that the Devil only killed about 10 people in the Bible and God killed 25 million who do you think seems more of a nicer guy here?

• God has really been there for me, and He loves everyone.
    While I cannot relate to this myself I would like to thank you for giving an answer that is on topic. I would expect nothing less from a good religious person that is true to themselves, and non hypocritical.

Moreover, It has been said that people can and have done horrible things out of love as well as there are people that can do and have done good things out of hatred, and vice versa.

Some famous public religious speakers like WLC have said in relation to topics that some bad things that God did was for a greater good. Now, while I don't resonate with this I will say it is a step up from the elementary school level responses that have appeared on this thread so far.

I recognize that there are good religious people that are also very educated and intelligent. And they are not afraid of discussions like this, nor do they resort to behaviour that I am sure they would call Anti-religious. Sometimes people have a tendency to act in a self full fulling prophecy way.

Furthermore, it is thanks to those modern day religious Scholars that religious scripture gets revised, updated, and corrected where deemed necessary. It also seems like though that some individuals don't even realize that it's these Scholars that are behind the scriptures; it's like they think they just appeared one day out of thin air.
    Plaffelvohfen

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @TKDB I'm glad. I love God so much. I cried for Him in my depression, and felt His presence in my room.