frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

How many of those who claim themselves to be christians read the bible?

Debate Information

Go on, take one lucky guess as to how many of those who claim themselves to be christians do NOT read the bible? 
Of course the question that is required to be asked if "if" you believe in god, then "why" do you believe in god? 
Of course you'd have to prove that god exists also... minus all the deliberate hate, genocides, suffering, pain, anger, wrath, evil, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy of all things that no supreme deity would ever have for any reason as jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear as proved in the stickum bible. And then to pass down all those emotions to man so in turn man could learn to hate with all the evil in his brain with at least 1 billion dead all in the supposed "good" name of god on the battlefields alone. That's what you christians worship. That's hardly perfection from an imperfect god/ supreme deity especially when all the evil and hate is not needed, required nor is it a necessity. But in god's turgid world it most certainly is. 

PowerPikachu21northsouthkorea

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    I don't believe in God, but I do believe in Free Speech, and no one should say one's opinions are wrong, especially insulting a person because they believe in God. That's why I dislike Anti-Theists like you, backwardseden.
    melanielust
  • awaketowhereawaketowhere 30 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21 So then you believe that hate and evil should exist unchecked. That's how the Nazi's came to power and continued their evil as well as Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, and especially especially especially Hong Xiuquan and the Taiping rebellion. Its how serial killers exist, rapists, torturers, etc etc etc and especially god by reading the bible and following it to the letter as its so-called god instructs.
    Its how drink drivers get away with drunk driving.
    What would you say to someone who tells you they are thinking about committing suicide? Oh that's their "opinion"? 
    What would you say if someone were to approach you and say that they were 2 seconds away from shooting up a school? Oh that's just their "opinion"? 
    On the news just tonight there was yet another person who told a police officer that he had a gun in his dashboard. The police officer shot him anyway. And he shot him 7 times. That's the police officer's "opinion"? But wow, what a society that brings him to become acquitted. 
    You are very opinionated when you have 0 evidence for what you are talking about. If it continues its going to squash you. That's a 100% guarantee that you can count on. That's why SuperSith89 will amount to nothing. 
    You are also very and extremely bossy. But here's the difference between you and me... I gather evidence so I can fully support what I state whereas you don't, You form an opinion on subjects that you have no clue as to what you are talking about. 
    Proof? You have freely admitted that you have not read the bible to its fullest extent. So how can your opinion count when you do not have an education nor and intelligence on it?
    So go right ahead and google it. Its 80% that claim they are christians and do not read their bibles. Oh yeah. Indeed they are not christians at all. They just want to fit in with something because of whatever reason? Who fricken whatever made up fantasy land reason it is? 

PowerPikachu21
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    You're right. If something goes extreme, it shouldn't be unchecked. So... it's alright to hate on people? Especially saying I have no intelligence? You did state "So how can your opinion count when you do not have an education nor and intelligence". But that's alright, because that's your opinion? How is it alright to hate on people for their opinions?
    melanielust
    @PowerPikachu21 I don't hate you. I don't hate anybody except for those that rape, beat and torture children and those that rape, beat and torture women. god hates children and loves raped women. Its all right there in his bible + a whole lot more. 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Does it matter?  I'm not a Christian, so I may have this wrong, but I thought all it took to be a Christian was to believe in God and that Jesus was his only son.
    melanielust
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    Guys I strongly recommend not giving OP attention anymore...he's most likely a troll (see his previous debates) and not anyone worth engaging with
    SuperSith89
    @CYDdharta Oh it absolutely does matter especially when the bible says to stone those to death who are gays, when the bible says punishment is death for those who do not worship the sabbath, when the bible states those are to be stoned to death for worshiping other god's and trying to lead astray god's worshipers, when god loves raped women, when the bible freely states that slavery is perfectly OK, when there are countless genocides committed by this god guy, when god murders 2,821,364 in his bible which most assuredly would have had to have included babies and children and pregnant women thus the first abortions which christians are so against which is a blatant contradiction one of thousands in the bible, when god hates children, when god loves raped women, when god freely admits that he is evil, gets angry, has wrath, has vengeance, has rage, has fury, has jealousy of all things in which no supreme deity ever would. etc etc etc. Of course it matters. god is NOT all this goodie two shoe French fries waffle iron knee crunch breakfast cereal that those who claim to be christians (who really are not because of there is even the slightest hint or doubt in their beliefs in god, then they are an atheist) who do not read their bible's. 
    SuperSith89
    @melanielust Oooo you track me down wherever I go. That's kinda creepy and very disturbing. But not as mentally disturbing nor as deranged as your shotgun messiah god. I mean are you some kind of pre-vert psychopath that in serious love with me or something? I mean I know I'm irresistible. But you are really far too paltry and inadequate for me. I'm way above you. Why? Hey, I can provide some actual..................................... evidence. So until you can do that on your end and prove that your god actually exists, then you are but a powder puff on a meatball sandwich. And you keep on asking for it. Ta ta. 
    SuperSith89melanielust
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    @awaketowhere She is an atheist just like you!  She just doesn't like being super hateful and rude.  I don't care what someone believes, you have no right in making fun of them and being a big jerk.  I pity you a lot man, having to wallow in hatred day in and day out.  I honestly do pity you.  
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    I agree with @awaketowhere
    @northsouthkorea Why?  He's a hateful jerk.  You should read his comments through.  He says this about me: "you show intelligence and an education, we have a good conversation. You don't, well then you flatly deserve to be belittled, degraded and dehumanized."

He thinks that because I believe in the Bible that I deserve all that.  He also said this: 
    "If you would not B.S. until your head turns to an absolute bulls-eye to be swatted like a fly with your flat out utter childish arrogance and ignorance and utter lack of education"

He said I have never read one page in my Bible, when in reality I have read many of the chapters a few times over: "You haven't read page 1 of your bible to stand on your floppy judas ears."

He also said he never showed hate towards me: "Its also entirely your problem that you hate me because I do not hate you or anyone except those that rape, beat and torture children and women."  Yea, he wasn't hateful at all.  Definitely a well rounded, logical human being who only wants kindness and love to be spread.  Even though these are things he said to fellow atheists:  "But not as mentally disturbing nor as deranged as your shotgun messiah god." - to melanielust who is an atheist.

"I mean are you some kind of pre-vert psychopath that in serious love with me or something? I mean I know I'm irresistible. But you are really far too paltry and inadequate for me. I'm way above you." - to mealanielust because he thinks she is a pervert for trying to defend me and others from his belittling.  He also is extremely full of himself here.

"That's why SuperSith89 will amount to nothing." - to PowerPikachu.  Funny thing is:  I have been to Africa, I am an Eagle Scout, am 18 and a Sophomore with 30+ credit hours in college already, am considered one of the most trustworthy people they know to some friends including my former youth pastor, and I tested as a 12th grader at age 8. 

"You are also very and extremely bossy. But here's the difference between you and me... I gather evidence so I can fully support what I state whereas you don't, You form an opinion on subjects that you have no clue as to what you are talking about." - to PowerPikachu because he was standing up for any Christians and people who believe in God.  

No one should agree with him, or at least even have anything to do with him.  I am definitely praying for him, though I am making sure to have nothing to do with him any other way.  

Imbster
  • ImbsterImbster 149 Pts   -  
    @SuperSith89

I gave up reading after all the bible contests
    @Imbster Huh?
  • ImbsterImbster 149 Pts   -  
    @SuperSith89
    Haha I read the whole Bible three times, and the gospel at least thrice each also. I read revelations the most because conspiracy theories came up that the 7th seal had been unleashed. Well, with good enough knowledge of the Bible I won a few contests though I don't think scripture reading should be some sort of competition.                                                                
    @Imbster Definitely should not be a competition.  I also think the 7th seal conspiracy is junk.  The seals will be opened in order, and if any had been opened before, we would definitely know.  There's also much to happen before anyways.  Especially the rapture, depending on how you look at it.  I'd like to agree with Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, but no one knows.