frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

You're part of or at the very core of the problem, and most definitely not the solution!

Debate Information

Sometimes, what gets set out to be advocated for ends up becoming even more hated because of the very advocates themselves.

Sometimes:
  • Feminist activists end up making it seem like women are the superior gender, and are worthy of more rights than of men. This in turn makes people defensive and with good reason as this goes completely against what equal rights are about.
  • Politically Correct activists end up making a great many people not wanting anything to do with political correctness or what ever the political activists'  cause is about.
  • Racial equality activists marginalize against other racial groups which in itself is racism. Not only that but when people are being given preferential treatment for their race it also takes away their individuality.
  • Religious advocates end up creating more haters of religion via their exemplary anti-religious behaviour, as well as preaching that all religious practices including those harmful ones should all be accepted and tolerated.
  • Those that do not tolerate harmful religious practices end up creating an intolerance for religious practices that are harmless.
Those are just a few. I am sure there are loads more. Basically, sometimes people are their own worst enemy, and end up self-defeating the very cause they set out to defend and/or promote in the first place!

With regard to feminist activists I recently watched a video that I don't normally watch these days, as I don't usually like it. That being said, it was a clip from Judge Judy and I absolutely loved the comment she made in regard to parents rights:

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @ZeusAres42

I mean yeah, usually when there is an issue there are loads of passionate follishey fools willing to argue for their position in irrational and foolish ways causing other foolishy fools to be foolish and on and on.
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    I think people in general give too much importance to their role in the lives of others. The reality is, if you take a random given person, then 99.99999% of Earth's population will have 0 interest in what they believe in and what they do in life. People go out of their way to be noticed, but even when they are, it is mostly a passing interest, and almost everyone forgets them the next day.

This is why I do not believe in all this activism, on the Internet and in life alike. Nothing gets done or changed by screaming, "My opinion is the most important one, and everyone who disagrees does not understand me!" If people just acknowledged that their opinion is just their opinion, having very little effect on the grand scale, then they would reframe their plans in a constructive way, focused not on getting attention, but on making some actual change. And for that they would need to get on people's good side, hence all the hateful and divisive rhetoric would have to end.

People focus too much on attracting attention to something that bothers them, and too little on having it fixed. People employ emotion-based over action-based approach, and hence they can never persuade anyone to side with them, other than those that were going to side with them anyway.

I never get into fights with people in life. When I disagree with someone, I can discuss it in a peaceful manner, or move on. And when I agree with someone, I do not start kneeling before them. An opinion is just an opinion. If we have something in common, then we can interact in a mutually beneficial way. If we do not, then I am still curious about the other person. I will not form an organisation with the purpose of opposing something; it is not constructive. I could form an organisation with the purpose of building a better world, however, and I would not go about it by vilifying those who prevent my dreams from coming true.

I do not even get upset when people actually infringe on my freedoms. When my neighbors listen to a loud music at 1 am, instead of getting confrontational, I just put my earplugs in and sleep like a dead man. I am not interested in asserting my dominance in any way and making the other side bow to my will, even if the will is reasonable. I just go about life and try to make the best out of it, instead of picking pointless fights everywhere and fight for causes that require antagonizing everyone.

But there are those that absolutely need someone to hear them. Hence they form aggressive groups and pick fights with everyone who opposes their ideology. Nobody would give them any mind, but they start getting on people's nerves, and then everyone opposes them - and, regardless of whether their cause resonates with people or not, nobody wants to have anything to do with them.

There are a few very simple rules to life such people should employ. It immediately makes one's life much happier, and people start focusing on what actually matters, instead of looking for strange distractions:
    1. If someone disagrees with you, it is fine.
    2. If something does not go your way, it is fine.
    3. The world does not revolve around you.
    4. Your feelings are of little interest to strangers.
    Understanding these simple concepts and practicing them both dramatically increases one's quality of life, and makes the world a friendlier place.
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesar said:

But there are those that absolutely need someone to hear them. Hence they form aggressive groups and pick fights with everyone who opposes their ideology. Nobody would give them any mind, but they start getting on people's nerves, and then everyone opposes them - and, regardless of whether their cause resonates with people or not, nobody wants to have anything to do with them.
    This is my point exactly!
    MayCaesar