frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

time is up

Debate Information

many physicists believe that our concept of time is wrong. we see time as a continuous flow of events, as one frame after another. However another valid point of view suggests that time happens all at the same moment; past, present, and future are happening all at the same moment and it is only our point of reference that we view time in what we perceive as the present.  Your thoughts?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Could you share a link explaining this new theory? Never heard about it so I would like to inquire...
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    Plaffelvohfen
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    the link above is not the original,  I believe I read the idea in discover magazine at a college recently. however  it is an offshoot of the block universe theory that states that even  the future exists at the same time as the past and present. it is liken to a bowl of soup, where the soup itself is all of time, past, future, and present.  the crackers in the soup reflects us at a particular point in time. @Plaffelvohfen
    Plaffelvohfen
  • Time is a measurement of space using velocity but removing it with the use of algebra. Maxx you are describing a transition of energy and motion and connecting it to a principle of time as they both transpire in space, area.

Energy, matter, mass occurrence and recurrence are a expansion of simple concept played off of time travel by motion in different time zones. It is not time travel. Time moves ahead, time moves backward, all by motion through a time zone. The expression time is up explains time as a ratio with fixed proportions forming demission each equaling :60 that are synchronized with permission. making time multiple dimensional in compression to a fix three demission's of area.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    that is what many people believe but it is not an actual proven fact;  accoding to science, there is no reason why time only flows in one direction.  it makes more sense to say that the whole movie exists at the same time and we are simply inside one frame of the picture@John_C_87
    ZeusAres42
  • Oops Typing mistake should have typed precision not permission. In basic mathematic argument times area is incredible precise by use of scale in adaption potentially to its fixed area created by removal of velocity after its use.

It is a complex principle that is hard to understand fully so the clock is used to make the whole process easier to manage by the simplicity. Said this way, a straight line created by 360 degrees, no more, no less, is used to compare a second line created out of an equation combining multiple direction. Presents a area taken by motion when it is replaced back in the mathematic model created by motion. Navigation.

Back to work, later....

• Interesting topic. And can be quite mind boggling. Reminds me of the movie "Interstellar." Quite interesting how in other planets across the Universe what we see as hours could be seen as years over there.

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    according to the theory, time exists independently of our point of reference to it. past and present, future is like a loaf of bread; the whole loaf exists in all time frames while our point of reference is dependent upon one slice.@ZeusAres42
    ZeusAres42
  • @maxx ;
    that is what many people believe but it is not an actual proven fact; 
    Ah yeah, it is a proven fact. Time is a tool of navigation not act of science. What you are sayin is energy, matter, and mass can occur in the same area in a shared instant. 
    according to the theory, time exists independently of our point of reference to it.
    No theory, Time has Time Zones. Time is a way to measure area with velocity using algebra. The velocity is removed as part of a process for navigation To understand Time a person might needs additional understanding in how to use a sextant and course plotting to find position of stars during time, and time of season.

The Sci-Fi Time travel thing is not related to time at all. One thing is scientifically Energy, matter, mass reoccurrence the other is area measured in different scales by Identical velocity. At which point velocity is removed by use of geometry and mathematics. To be quite honest the velocity is literally removed with mirror. Like a magic trick.

So how might Energy matter mass occur in the same area in one instant multiple times?  Frequency not shared by the matter mass and energy. 
    I suggest you think about the time zones.  all that has to do is our relation to the sun.  time zones are a human concept.  and if you have proof that time only flows one way then please point it out.  there is no reason for it according to math.  in fact math points out the opposite,  perhaps you should look up some of  the new findings in quantum mechanics and dis agree with them if you can.  throwing time zones at me is plain silly. that is not time and you are not looking at the universe as a whole.  erase humans from the equation and there is no individual point of reference and time exists as a whole.@John_C_87
  • Maxx, time is how it has always been as position in degree. to a location held by position set magnetically degree. The only thing the sun does is provide a velocity which can be acquired from its center using mirror to take a measurement of area by scaled distances. We do not need to agree here, when talking theoretic energy, matter, mass, occurrence and reoccurrence. it simple is not time. If you want to insist on calling time go right ahead. New findings in quantum mechanics sounds impressive, however you are talking about time which is and was always a mathematic principle developed to help celestial navigation. A Sun Dial isn't actually even a time piece, by the way it incorporates both the rotation of the earth and the travel of the earth orbit.

throwing time zones at me is plain silly. that is not time and you are not looking at the universe as a whole.  erase humans from the equation and there is no individual point of reference and time exists as a whole.

The point of reference for time is a mathematical proof using a circle. For all time there exist a diameter equal to the circumference to a second circle in different scale.

We agree to disagree. You are simply stating outdated ideas. No one actually knows what time really is . Even Einstein says the point of reference is with the individual. Time is all at once.  you may as well look at your watch and tell me that that is what time is! perhaps you should look up block universe or read the link I posted above.  it is close to the idea of what many new wave physicists are now discussing.. how- ever they go another step and point out that time is everything all at once; not just our idea of what we perceive at a particular moment.@John_C_87
  • We do not disagree you simple lack very important detail.

Time in the reference to Einstein is relativity Energy, mass, and matter and there relationship as made general by vague mathematics. He simply was never looking of a star in the sky one of any 360 days of a year in the night star light. By their predicted math position each day not relativity position. We don't disagree it is only a point of plagiarism and detail Maxx, detail that should be addressed clearly. Time is not what is stated to be by Sci-Fi, physic theory, or digital clock. In order to bring General or Special Relativity to a state of mathematic law the algebra removal of Pi has to be created and performed. Time was part of the math building process started by Galileo Galilei and Isaac Newton for documentation of stars for astronomy and much more. The building bock to navigate the Universe.

No, you are supporting a plagiarism and mathematic post decimal violation marked for all to see for themselves publicly by a decimal which is placed at the end of a ratio, semicolon ( : ) or period ( . ) both can not exist in any mathematic of Time without violations to basic math principle. One or the other. Again you are taking energy mass matter occurrence as Time, and its change as time travel. I get it growing up a huge Doctor Who fan.  Albert Einstein never enjoyed Astronomy so did not develop the strong calculus understanding of Time in its use for plotting course for planned observation of celestial bodies in the heavens.  

Time can be calculated all at once. It is a mathematic undertaking and Galileo Galilei and Isaac Newton simply lack resource to collect math numbers to make the calculations. Einstein lack the necessary understanding by act of selective education to even assemble a formulation. There is a difference between the two conflicts.

Galileo Galilei

https://www.space.com/15589-galileo-galilei.html

And Isaac Newton

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Isaac-Newton

Albert Einstein

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Albert-Einstein

When you say out dated has any of this mathematic geometry changed?

Secant

1.       Geometry a secant is a line that intersects a circle at two points.

https://www.mathopenref.com/secant.html

Chord a line that links two points on a circle or curve.

http://www.mathopenref.com/chord.html

In the Geometry Time has math chord presented as a second, we see a secant, sixty of them. When it, the line of measurement passes the diameters center as radius it no longer is a chord like minute, second, and hour, so is displayed boundary in motion. So, please lets get back on track to your topic energy, mass, matter, occurrence all in one instant for any and all reoccurrence.

Plaffelvohfen
  • @Plaffelvohfen ;

The relevance is in who "many physicists believe that our concept of time is wrong." ( Maxx, Time is up. 2019) Mathematicians who study the geometry and calculus of time disagree to "our" non-mathematic concept of time. Asking for my thoughts on how to explain a area of space as energy, matter and mass that has an occurrence like a figure print. Each print a Identification to a filing of reoccurrences, yet recreated, or an occurrence that takes place as detailed simulation composed of energy, matter, and mass, in a path of motion. Not nanite, micro building block.. fabricating a limited scene to be explored as a skit in a computer hologram. 

The Doctor who agenda would be explained as the destruction of all eternity to have it reconstructed around a Tardis inner-spaceship which takes any one chord instantly out of all existence to remain motionless. For the destruction reconstruction process. The number of destruction created by the Tardis is stove that holds soup, as soup, and cracker as crisp.
  • https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Greenwich mean time
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+use+a+sextant&&view=detail&mid=D0CB11C2D3F91F1CF9E0D0CB11C2D3F91F1CF9E0&&FORM=VDRVRV

I suggest you think about the time zones.

The shadow length not speed of motion is what sets 90 degrees alignment in zone outside Greenwich mean time.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    first, there are no time zones in space.  there may be on other worlds if there were life there to create them. Time zones are just created for the benefits of humans for social and commercial purposes. it is not time.  Perhaps you can understand this better if I describe it this way.  Take a book. It has a hundred pages. The whole book is time. We are on page 50. tomorrow is page 51 and yesterday is page 49. Out point of reference is but a single page at a time yet time itself is the whole book at once. @John_C_87
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
  • @maxx ;
    there may be time zones on other worlds ( No, there are time zones on all worlds regardless of life.) if there were life there to create them. ( life effects the recording by documentation only at a place) Time zones are just created for the benefits of humans for social and commercial purposes. (There is life here to create them. So? ) it is not time.  ( Yeah it is time )   Perhaps you can understand this better if I describe it this way. The fact I can recognize the difference between using a calendar based method of time, to a navigational method of time, a method of time measurement based on decay, does not makes any difference in my understanding that what is written in description by Albert Einstein, or other is descriptively mathematically accurate to what would be occurring beyond. The boundary of the meaning of time.

The hint of plagiarism can really take shape as the claim of what was time, must now simple said be wrong and no longer still time, the meaning of time must be transferred from the base use of its creators to the purpose of a creation of someone else who created a different state after, it in sequence. When making an enology of time as book, the recorded of time is done on size of paper and print. The book size tells us how big the paper can be, however the size of the print tells us how many of the pages at the 2 : 1 ratio there must be to fit 60 words per page. In changing the book size a ratio will be equal, time, and time again.

Picture looking a something moving and also looking at the same object moving in a mirror, if you could physically see that, the mirror would need to be in front of you view for mechanical purposes so you can not see that process. The one object will always move towards itself at the same speed  in the mirror correct? The link showing the shadow method gives a distance that will be the shorts at some instant, we want to know that instant in the greatest detail. That distancer is not see as accurate by human eye, so when we are to use two shadows, one a reflection, in motion, moving first towards each other, then moving away from each other. This separation captured by reflection and magnification set at the point at which the shadows are to cross. The measuring for the alignment of that one point of intersecting motion is measured using a chord and secant that are found in all circle. No matter the size. Accuracy. 

As a writer not mathematician, nor scientist, what energy, matter, mass, occurrence re-occurrence describes to a reader is. Eternity destroys itself under its own weight then, occurs over, this would be an idea of the Big bang but on a much more extreme scale, and align with what you are claiming. With no judgment on what you say to be true or untrue.
    I beg to differ; time zones are a human concept made strictly for our use.  what we normally perceive as time( a continuous flow of events in one direction) has no relation to a time zone. did you even bother to read the link or perhaps go as far to look this up yourself? dividing a rock in space into sections is not time!  Space time alone would disagree with this. read the link I posted for you>  there have been many new ideas and you are steadfast stiuck in an outdated idea.  I am not making this up out of whole cloth and it is not my theory. I would quote you respected now-a-day physicists but I doubt you would recognize any for you do not seem to be following anything that is new. read the link above and thereis another below
    @John_C_87
  • Is the Universe Expanding? 
    Provided the Universe expands the universe has time zones. Not saying you must have the mathematic all to calculate the time zones. Not saying I must teach you how to calculate the time zones without payment of some kind.

I didn't say you are making anything up. I said you are taking part in a plagiarism in how time is understood. In Sci-Fi time travel is a description of nothing more than Einstein's theory of General Relativity. Energy, mass, matter reoccurrence C ^ 2. has a first occurrence which is the C ^1 presumed by a second occurrence which is C ^2. To form the  square multiple. Energy, matter and mass are all part of the constant of light. Also, I am saying Albert Ernestine lacked the needed understandings of navigation work with mathematics for Navigational Time.

When writing publicly about time, with you here in the forum in order to remove myself from plagiarism. I identify with energy, mass, matter, reoccurrence instead of Time travel. When we time travel it is a distance on earth we move backward and forward in. Why? It is a area between two points set as time zone. Also, in identifying some issues of mathematic violation a rather large computer company introduced a method of linear time by digital state that has grievances to accuracy of its own when translated to leaner state.
  • you do not seem to be following anything that is new. read the link above and there is another below. Following physics does not mean i am at libverty to knowingly do something mathmatically wrong without qeustion, for grade, bribe of furtune, or possible criminally wrong. In math a semicolon and decimal piont are not equal now, or five Centeries ago.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    where does this idea of criminality come from.  we are discussing theory as to which time is one.  you seem in my opinion to be acting like a religious zelot who refuses to open up their eyes  to other possibilities.  again  time zones has little to do with space time.  it is a human concept where we use them for purposes such as social use.  time zones only relate to what "time humans put in a particular area of the world.  it has no true bearing. as well I am not taking part in plagerizim for I claim nothing as my own work here.  if you want credits read perhaps some of brian greenes work. I do not se you giving any credits in your idea of time or time zones.  perhaps enistein lacked some insight;  Ihowever I am not alkiing about him anyway.  he was an example.  how about Charles thorne. Lowell brown? john cardy.  perhaps I should name more? prominent physicists of today whom I dare say have better understanding of the nature of time and reality than many people and whose mathematical ability is tremendous. I am not talking sci-fi movies but the very nature of time itself which begins upon a quantum level.@John_C_87
  • Quite simple maxx credit for moving backward and forward in navigational time is being given to general relativity without question or mathematic proof. All simply because a constant of light speed is made square. For all Time zone exists movement inside that area bound by zoning.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/mathematical+proof

I attempt one last time and you can look it up easily with no link.  read a review on carlo rovelli, book called the order of time. if you wish a link to it I will provide it for you.  all the rules and laws of quantum mechanics does not distinguish between past and futrue @John_C_87
  • @maxx
    What are you trying to prove to me?
     I know you are not the creator of any plagiarism.

• many physicists believe that our concept of time is wrong. we see time as a continuous flow of events, as one frame after another. However another valid point of view suggests that time happens all at the same moment; past, present, and future are happening all at the same moment and it is only our point of reference that we view time in what we perceive as the present.  Your thoughts?

This to this 

I attempt one last time and you can look it up easily with no link.  read a review on carlo rovelli, book called the order of time. if you wish a link to it I will provide it for you.  all the rules and laws of quantum mechanics does not distinguish between past and futrue. 

Why ask for an oppinion other than Carlo Rovelli then? Okay basic exposure, Physics understands time its the mathmatics they can not apply to navigation quanta or the univers.