frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

JESUS IS COMING BACK - THE MARKETING STRATEGY OF RELIGIOUS LEADERS TO CONTROL PEOPLE AND MAKE MONEY

Debate Information

Wake up people...….Jesus died thousands of years ago.....what made you think that he will come back?.....every year, every year, all over and over and over again, pastors, priest, archbishops, idiots always use that term to scare people so that people will join their church.... remember, the more members a church have, the more money they make...…..DO YOU KNOW WHY I KNOW JESUS IS NEVER COMING BACK?......BECAUSE HE IS FREAKING DEAD! ………..or you just watch too many zombie movies and tv series...common people, its just like forcing you to believe that ISIS or suicide bombers believes that there are 80 something virgins waiting for them when they die?...….really?.. ...a soul or spirit can have sex now?....WAKE UP PEOPLE......

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Religion_Business01

They have to believe that, their whole world view doesn't make sense if the world isn't really about to end at any moment... Cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable... 

But Religion is in decline across the Western world. Whether measured by belonging, believing, participation in services, or how important it is felt to be, religion is losing ground. Society is being transformed, and the momentum appears to be unstoppable.

Nice little 15 min lecture about it...
    Religion_Business01
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Religion_Business01

"JESUS IS COMING BACK - THE MARKETING STRATEGY OF RELIGIOUS LEADERS TO CONTROL PEOPLE AND MAKE MONEY"

Then call the Nationwide media up, and hold a press conference from the front yard of your own home, and call all of the Religious Leaders that you have a business beef with, and call them out?

Is Jesus, personally interfering with your life?

Does Religion tell you how to live, how to love, how be neighborly, or maybe how to set an exemplary standards of learning, for the other families, and the kids in your own neighborhood, to learn from? 

Do you express the same anti Jesus talking points from the podium of your front porch? 

"Wake up people...….
    Jesus died thousands of years ago.....
    what made you think that he will come back?.....
    every year, every year, all over and over and over again, pastors, priest, archbishops, idiots always use that term to scare people so that people will join their church....
    remember, the more members a church have, the more money they make...…..
    DO YOU KNOW WHY I KNOW JESUS IS NEVER COMING BACK?......
    BECAUSE HE IS FREAKING DEAD! ………..
    or you just watch too many zombie movies and tv series...
    common people, its just like forcing you to believe that ISIS or suicide bombers believes that there are 80 something virgins waiting for them when they die?...….
    really?.. ...a soul or spirit can have sex now?....
    WAKE UP PEOPLE......

What is your point?

I get it, you're anti Jesus, and good for you, enjoy. 
    Your life is being bettered by the rhetoric that you live your life through the lens of, day after day.

@Plaffelvohfen ; I get that you're anti Jesus also, and good for you as well, enjoy. 

PlaffelvohfenReligion_Business01
  • My point is stop convincing people that Jesus is coming back or mohamed said there are virgins waiting for you in heaven.....All Bull.....Go jump a building and have jesus catch you will ya... if you cant do it then and get a life..@Plaffelvohfen
    @Religion_Business01

See, perfect example of cognitive dissonance... Don't worry, he'll pollute this thread with nonsensical ranting as he always does... 
    Religion_Business01
  • Religion_Business01Religion_Business01 38 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Plaffelvohfen And by the way, stop telling people my age that your freaking marketing tool named Jesus died for us or our sins....... , we were not born yet during his time and only freaking Priest and Politicians and uneducated voters killed him.... Stop poisoning the minds of the innocent  so that you can control people and make money out of religion...…..
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Plaff, Religion in the United States isn't going anywhere, just because you continue to push your rhetoric as mindfully as you do? 

People go to religious buildings every week, so your common place talking points, are misplaced, and inaccurate. 

"But Religion is in decline across the Western world.
    Whether measured by belonging, believing, participation in services, or how important it is felt to be, religion is losing ground.
    Society is being transformed, and the momentum appears to be unstoppable."

@Plaffelvohfen

So says you on the Internet. 

Do you know what your individual rhetoric resonates like?
    PlaffelvohfenReligion_Business01ZeusAres42
  • Hey Plaff, your just like those other gay hypocrite priests and archbishops who anwers " Well, its gods will, God is mysterious and we are not to ask questions about him "...…...Typical answers of business minded idiots who does not know the answer.@Plaffelvohfen
    smoothie
    @Religion_Business01

WFT are you talking about? Who's selling you drugs, I want some of it, seems really potent... I'm an anti-theist...
    Religion_Business01
  • Religion_Business01Religion_Business01 38 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    I don't care even if your a suck a deeek theist,,,, YOur jesus and god is a humpty dumpty story...its make believe and its a business@Plaffelvohfen
    @Religion_Business01

Oh, I see... You're just a new teenage troll who can barely understand and write English... Google the word anti-theist, it might help you someday...
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Are you jealous, because your argument is so thin, that water wouldn't touch it?

"See, perfect example of cognitive dissonance... Don't worry, he'll pollute this thread with nonsensical ranting as he always does."

• I wanna know when the Dark Knight is returning again tbh.
    Plaffelvohfen

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You're off topic. 

Your words:
    "I wanna know when the Dark Knight is returning again tbh."

The actual theme of the forum:

"JESUS IS COMING BACK - THE MARKETING STRATEGY OF RELIGIOUS LEADERS TO CONTROL PEOPLE AND MAKE MONEY"

ZeusAres42
  • There is proof that Jesus is coming back. Mathew 24:7 and Luke 21:11 mention plagues, famines, and earthquakes as signs. https://www.livescience.com/414-scientists-natural-disasters-common.html Disasters are becoming more common. These prophecies are coming true. In Daniel 12:4, this verse talks about how "knowledge will increase." Today, we humans are becoming smarter by technology. In revelation 13:8, the bible talks about a single world religion, the growth of Islam is proof that jesus will come back.

• Religious_Business, do you have any proof that Jesus is not coming back? The only proof you put there was that "Jesus died."

• How do you know that "Your Jesus and God is a humpty dumpty story." I see no proof.