frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is making fun of religion productive?

Debate Information

People from all around the world and all throughout history have had a lot of crazy beliefs that lead to all varieties of interesting behaviors.

The Aztecs cut hearts out to ensure the sun would rise,

Some places in southern India toss babies off of temples into blankets to make them stronger,

Jivaro people of South America would cut off the head of a slain enemy and then shrink them to prevent the soul from getting revenge,

According to some Islamic writings, every man who dies for jihad will be given 72 sex slaves,

Jain monks wear cloth masks to prevent the accidental inhalation of flying insects who may be reincarnated ancestors,

Many Christians believe that at any moment the rapture could happen, saving them from their suffering,

And Scientologists believe... Where do you even start?... well, whatever they believe it's obviously a money grab. 

So, is it OK to make fun of these beliefs, especially if they are dangerous?

I would argue that some of these beliefs lead to violent or destructive behaviors, and by making fun of them we can prevent people from falling for such non-sense. In this way the religion will slowly lose power over time and it's influence will dwindle, and people can focus on making rational life choices.
PlaffelvohfenDeeDr_MaybesmoothieJGXdebatePRO
At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
Through a long process of evolution this life 
developed into the human race.
Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    I cannot talk about its productivity/efficiency, tbh street epistemology is very probably more efficient when you talk to people who actually value the truth... Some don't value truth and for those, there must be a social cost for holding those false beliefs, as they are detrimental to society... Beliefs drive actions, actions have consequences, therefore it matters what people beliefs are and false beliefs must be challenged. I think it's a necessity to ridicule these beliefs, often, openly and unabashedly... 
    Happy_KillbotDee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Making fun of virtually any system of beliefs is one of the best way to get people holding those beliefs to think deeper and to make sure that the beliefs are actually based on something tangible. Also, in my experience, communities in which making fun of each other's beliefs in a friendly-teasy way is widely accepted tend to be very welcoming and tight, as people there do not take themselves seriously and are willing to converse without anyone, regardless of their views.

Making fun in a personal way is another matter entirely, and I am strongly against it. If someone holds a complex system of religious beliefs, they have likely invested a lot of time and effort into learning them. We should not be dismissive of their efforts, regardless of what we think about their results.
    I never make my criticism personal, unless the topic specifically asks for an individual's criticism. I can criticise and make fun of, for example, the abstract idea of god, but if someone tells me that they believe in god, I will be very tactful and respectful of their beliefs.

Making fun of ideas is a moral obligation of every free thinker. Making fun of people, however, is a no-go, unless you are intentionally looking for a fight.

I do not mean making fun in a friendly-teasy way; I personally joke this way all the time, and one of the most memorable jokes I remember was when I was on a bus in Japan. There was a Japanese kid who was intently staring at me. At some point he started saying something, apparently somewhat derogatory/mocking (I do not know more than 15-20 words in Japanese, but I can sometimes guess the intent by how they talk), and his mother started blushing and shhh-ing him. Well, I was in a good mood, so I looked at the kid, smiled and stretched the corners of my eyes with my fingers, making my eyes look more Asian. The kid laughed wholeheartedly, and his mother was red as a tomato.
    This type of jokes is absolutely okay and, in fact, is very helpful in building connections with people. You only need to make sure that it is not a sensitive subject for them; you do not want, for example, crack jokes about an obese person's weight, when it is clear it gives them a lot of pain.

However, making fun of people in a derogatory/sarcastic manner, in my book, is only okay either when we have a harsh argument going, or when the person has done something awful and deserves chastising. You do not want to do that just out of disagreement with them, and if that is your approach to such situations, then you will have a very hard time connecting to most people.
    You do not teach people anything by insulting/mocking them. You only teach them to resent you and, likely, become more defensive of the aspect of them you are criticising.
    Happy_Killbot
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

If any Religious individual is doing Zero, to be a danger to the others around them, then your Atheist argument, doesn't do a fair and equal job, of being able to hold its own water, does it?

"So, is it OK to make fun of these beliefs, especially if they are dangerous?"

"I would argue that some of these beliefs lead to violent or destructive behaviors, and by making fun of them we can prevent people from falling for such non-sense. In this way the religion will slowly lose power over time and it's influence will dwindle, and people can focus on making rational life choices."

Show me where any peaceful Religious individual, has been incarcerated for not endangering the lives of their own families, or communities? 

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenDeeDr_Maybe
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen @MayCaesar

These are both good comments, and I can say that I agree with them, but one thing that neither of you mention is outsiders looking in, and particularly young people who may or may not have made up their minds on particular subjects.

It should be no surprise that most religious beliefs are learned early in development, and if they stick into adulthood it is typically for life.

So the exposure to ridicule of a religion to someone of a young age may change their viewpoints differently than just mocking them for those who already believe or others that already do not believe.
    MayCaesarPlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@TKDB This is so easy I think you will kick yourself for not realizing it, but hey, No one expects a Spanish inquisition!

----------
    Spanish Inquisition, (1478–1834), judicial institution ostensibly established to combat heresy in Spain. In practice, the Spanish Inquisition served to consolidate power in the monarchy of the newly unified Spanish kingdom, but it achieved that end through infamously brutal methods.

The medieval inquisition had played a considerable role in Christian Spain during the 13th century, but the struggle against the Moors had kept the inhabitants of the Iberian Peninsula busy and served to strengthen their faith. When toward the end of the 15th century the Reconquista was all but complete, the desire for religious unity became more and more pronounced. Spain’s Jewish population, which was among the largest in Europe, soon became a target.

Over centuries, the Jewish community in Spain had flourished and grown in numbers and influence, though anti-Semetism had surfaced from time to time. During the reign of Henry III of Castille and Leon (1390–1406), Jews faced increased persecution and were pressured to convert to Christianity. The pogroms of 1391 were especially brutal, and the threat of violence hung over the Jewish community in Spain. Faced with the choice between baptism and death, the number of nominal converts to the Christian faith soon became very great. Many Jews were killed, and those who adopted Christian beliefs—the so-called conversos (Spanish: “converted”)—faced continued suspicion and prejudice. In addition, there remained a significant population of Jews who had professed conversion but continued to practice their faith in secret.
    ----------

How is that for innocent people being incarcerated, tortured, killed, and institutionally discriminated against, just for having a belief that differed from the one of the monarchy?

@TKDB You could cut this in another way, the assumption that being religious has anything to do with being incarcerated is a non sequitur.

Show me an example of someone who likes peaches who has been incarcerated for not endangering the lives of their own families, or communities?
    TKDB

@TKDB You could cut this in another way, the assumption that being religious has anything to do with being incarcerated is a non sequitur.

Show me an example of someone who likes peaches who has been incarcerated for not endangering the lives of their own families, or communities?

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot
    So the exposure to ridicule of a religion to someone of a young age may change their viewpoints differently
    I agree, I look forward to ridiculing false beliefs like Mormonism (and all other religions really), the idea that Elvis is alive or that Trump is god's chosen when young children are about, this Christmas family reunions will be quite fun for me as always... ;)  Sometime just a loud laugh or a heavy sigh while rolling back our eyes (followed by a conspiratory wink at the young) is enough to trigger questioning of the proclaimed belief, doesn't always need to be verbalized... As long as they plainly see and understand that our contemptuous amusement is not directed toward them but at the loud & loaded uncle or aunt at the table, it's fine.

I can brag I did a good job with my nieces & nephew over the years! :D
    Happy_KillbotZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  

Is making fun of religion productive?

Is it productive to make fun of religious kids?

Is it productive to make fun of their religious parents?

Is it productive to make fun of religious senior citizens?

Is it productive to make fun of any Religion?

Is it productive to make fun of any Religious building, or the preacher, the minister, or the father, who is in charge of those same religious buildings, or to make fun of what they are wearing?

Is it productive to have any Atheist individual being negative, and making fun of those same religious kids, parents, senior citizens, Religious buildings, or the religious individuals, who are the representatives of those Religious buildings, or who are helping to address, the homeless, the poor, and feeding, or providing shelter, and or clothing to those same homeless, or the poor citizens, in their own communities?

And I've yet to hear, any of the Religious buildings, that I've gone into, specifically making statements about it is making fun of any Atheist productive? 

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenDr_Maybe
    @TKDB Straw man fallacy.

I'm talking about the beliefs and customs, not the people.

"And I've yet to hear, any of the Religious buildings, that I've gone into, specifically making statements about it is making fun of any Atheist productive?"

I know this isn't what you mean, but it sounds like you are expecting the building to speak to you.

Don't forget to take your medication once every 6 hours.
    Plaffelvohfen

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I make fun about my atheist views all the time, and I encourage other people to do the same. If my atheist views were never put in a humorous context, then I just might become an elitist at some point, believing that I am somehow superior to other people in this regard. Laughing at my own views keeps me grounded and reminds me that nobody really knows much about the world, and I should not get ahead of myself just because I am different from the majority in one particular regard.

You should try making fun about your views as well. You will be surprised by how many valid questions will arise from simple laughter, as you look at things from various perspectives and start noticing inconsistencies that you did not think were there.

One of the biggest problems in most people's lives is that they are too serious about everything. Seriousness has its uses, but it does lead to rigidity of thinking, and if you keep being serious about something for a very long period of time, then dogmatic thinking in abound. You do not want that; you want your thinking to be flexible, constantly evolving, and you are the one who should be in control of the evolution process.

Whatever your beliefs are, on any regard - never take them too seriously. You will see just how much more insightful your views will become when you employ a light attitude and throw inconvenient questions at yourself regularly.
    TKDB
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    It sure is , it’s what lead me in part to realise my belief in a god was purely because as a mere child this was fed to me daily by family , school and broader society in general , it’s called brainwashing plain and simple and nearly every believer goes through the same process.

I eventually read a Bible and apart from laughing out loud at the nonsense realised it portrayed a god that was a hate filled  woman hating tyrant , yet the brainwashed fall on their collective knees and kiss his butt daily  that’s the damage religion does

I’ve stated before if children were not exposed to this till the age of 16 or 17 given a Bible to read and asked their opinion they to would I’d wager,  say it was pure horse manure 

I eventually read a Bible and apart from laughing out loud at the nonsense realised it was a vile book that’s being used for centuries to bully , discriminate , victimize , brutalise and enslave people and the idiots dare talk about what’s moral.

Making fun of idiots like @RickeyD who somehow thinks if Evolution were somehow proved wrong it’s proves there’s a god little realizing what the the atheists position is.
    This troll spits bile about homosexuals, uses terms like “fornication” and demonises woman who are pro choice , he and his type are entirely mock worthy .

Rickyd cannot offer a defence of slavery as approved of by Jesus and god despite being asked to do so several times , he and his bible thumping type deserve mockery 

We have on here a man who has spent a week defending peadophillia and actually claimed that he knew of very young girls who lusted  after older men and indeed sat on old men’s knees in public parks , when asked what he did about this he said nothing , this is truly sickening yet @kakalam777 calls himself “moral” and continuously supports peadophillia , he also stupidly thinks the burden of proof rests on the atheist to disprove what he claims is real as in a god .He deserves mockery.

Finally we have Mr sea lion aka @TKDB who constantly trolls and finishes every sentence with a question mark, he never defends his statements and has never opened a Bible. He constantly like Rickyd mentions “Mr Dawkins “ and asks questions that a 4 year old would giggle at as in.............” where was god put on trial by the media”? ..........”when was religion put in court and prosecuted? “ 
    Etc ,etc

So yes mockery is an excellent tool.  Whe;one uses their own sacred books against them they find a different biblical  passage to contradict what’s in their “sacred “ books , this to me is hilarious as they then claim there are no contradictions in their books 
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

***** I know this isn't what you mean, but it sounds like you are expecting the building to speak to you.

Unfortunately I do think it’s what he means after all he believes a god communicates  with him so why not a wall?

I have a feeling he may ask about Mr Dawkins again 
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot
  • kakalam777kakalam777 57 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Dee
    You are fast to believe a stranger [me] about what he sees, which you didn't see, you are fast to believe that someone is paedophile without supporting with any substantial prove, you are fast to conclude that I support paedophilia [even when there is ample prove in these forums that I don't] and you are fast to talk trash to people when the argument is not suited to your taste,  you are hateful with personal attacks just because I follow a religion,. I wonder whose moral standards are trash here,  or should I say what you have is not even morality but immorality. Your hypocrisy is evident. And do know from my religion it is evident that God hates hypocrites the most, because they have the shittiest innate human core nature, and that is the reason they will be someone who will never believe in God and die as a non-believer.

If you can't stand The Eight Winds and is always being swayed by them, then your life will always be in ruins, and you will never be a person worthy of respect.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @kakalam777

****You are fast to believe a stranger [me] about what he sees, which you didn't see, you are fast to believe that someone is paedophile without supporting with any substantial prove,

I used your own statements to prove what you are unless you wish to add another lie onto the increasing list of lies.

You claimed  boastfully children “lust after “ you

***you are fast to conclude that I support paedophilia [even when there is ample prove in these forums that I don't]

Yet you’ve spent 5 days defending a man who had sex with a child you also conveniently ignore supporting Hadiths that confirm the veracity of my words 

***and you are fast to talk trash to people when the argument is not suited to your taste,  you are hateful with personal attacks just because I follow a religion,. 

I’m not “trash talking “ you , you admitted children lust after you , you admitted Muhammad had sex with a child who was still playing with dolls . My entire family and friends are religious and I love them so again your attempts at deflection are pathetic

***I wonder whose moral standards are trash here,  or should I say what you have is not even morality but immorality. 

Yes I know you think protecting kids from predatory peadophiles is “immoral “ you keep saying it 

****Your hypocrisy is evident. 

You don’t like the truth? Mend your ways then

****And do know from my religion it is evident that God hates hypocrites the most, because they have the shittiest innate human core nature, and that is the reason they will be someone who will never believe in God and die as a non-believer.

Yes I know Allah hates those who don’t support child rape , that’s a given 

****If you can't stand The Eight Winds and is always being swayed by then your life will always be in ruins, and you will never be a person worthy of respect.

I don’t seek nor would I ever the “respect “ of a predatory peadophile 

You claimed  boastfully children “lust after “ you

Can you prove it?

Yet you’ve spent 5 days defending a man who had sex with a child you also conveniently ignore supporting Hadiths that confirm the veracity of my words 

But you don't believe in records, so can you say for certain that is what happened, If you believed in records, you should have accepted God through Quran already, because it a certified record and has higher authority that any hadith books.

Since you don't accept that why must you accept hadith? prove it by different means that he had sex with a child to me.

I’m not “trash talking “ you , you admitted children lust after you , you admitted Muhammad had sex with a child who was still playing with dolls . My entire family and friends are religious and I love them so again your attempts at deflection are pathetic

I am not that old, children lust after  Shawn mendes, Justin Bieber and BTS also I am the same age so what is the big deal? people of age 8-10 have their own favourite idols. Just because I am handsome it is my fault now?

You don’t like the truth? Mend your ways then

All you did was asspulling, believing what you like and ignoring what you like.

Yes I know Allah hates those who don’t support child rape 

Oh we can agree on one point here, so now you believe in Allah, weird.

I don’t seek nor would I ever the “respect “ of a predatory peadophile 

you need to prove that "predatory paedophile" claim first. And I wouldn't care about your respect.

@Kakalam ;

The Qur'an permits pedophilia. The following Qur'anic verse allows sex with pre-pubescent girls who have not yet menstruated.

And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

****Can you prove it?

So more lies from you on top of the mountains of lies so far 

***But you don't believe in records

But I do as I’ve stated repeatedly , I don’t believe in a book of called the Quran 

, ****so can you say for certain that is what happened, If you believed in records, you should have accepted God through Quran already, because it a certified record and has higher authority that any hadith books.

Quran has no authority it’s used as toilet paper when one runs out 

****/Since you don't accept that why must you accept hadith? prove it by different means that he had sex with a child to me.

Right , so even you don’t believe the words of the Quran Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 

****I am not that old, children lust after  Shawn mendes, Justin Bieber and BTS also I am the same age so what is the big deal? people of age 8-10 have their own favourite idols. Just because I am handsome it is my fault now?

You’re confusing idol worship with lust like the typical peado

*** All you did was asspulling, believing what you like and ignoring what you like.

What does asspulling mean you uneducated towel head?

***/Oh we can agree on one point here, so now you believe in Allah, weird.

Quoting the words of Allah means I’m a believer? Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha, right so using a towel heads logic you believe in Harry Potter 

**** you need to prove that "predatory peadophile

But I have you keep supporting child sex , 

tell me dummy .......Muhammad was 54 that’s makes him an adult 

Aisha was 9 that make her a child 

Muhammad had sex with a child 

Muhammad was a peadophile 

Watch now and let the forum enjoy you attempt to lie by using  , deflection , and swerves in an attempt to avoid admitting he was a peadophile, you totally support such and are a vile creature for doing so 

**** And I wouldn't care about your respect.

You don’t have to I don’t give it to peadophiles as I keep telling you 

Plaffelvohfen
    @Dee
    Right , so even you don’t believe the words of the Quran Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 

My believing doesn't matter,  If I say I don't accept hadith can you get me another prove for your paedophile claims?...okaaay...I am all ears

Quoting the words of Allah means I’m a believer? Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha, right so using a towel heads logic you believe in Harry Potter 

Harry potter doesn't say it is a certified book on its first chapter....its disclaimer says its fiction too, and its author is alive, who already claimed she wrote it with physical proves of drafts, comparing human text with Quran, the scale of comparison is too human. When you compare two books they need to have similar backgrounds, subject and sources, Don't you know that.  You don't compare a adult novel with a mystery novel and say they have same subject and content. Try again.

asspulling 

LOL, Like pulling sh*t out of a$s....coming to conclusion, solutions and answer based on self delusion, self assumption, and self convictions and inventing data, facts and statements to support one's argument.

I hope you use that word next time...its very interesting. LOL

tell me dummy .......Muhammad was 54 that’s makes him an adult 

Do you have their birth certificate, marriage certificate and DNA carbon dating...I need objective proves please not just your typed words. I only accept certified records. Not haddiths for the time being since you don't accept it why should I?

You’re confusing idol worship with lust like the typical peado

so wanting to marry them is not lust, but idol worship....oookay. Do you know children these days know about sex when they are 7-8 yrs old...I myself was aware of it when 9 due condom advertisements so frequently popping on television. So this statement is irrelevant.

@kakalam777

T he Qur'an permits pedophilia. The following Qur'anic verse allows sex with pre-pubescent girls who have not yet menstruated.

And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their
    burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

As predicted you do your dance as you cannot counter what I stated .......

Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old.

.Muhammad was 54 that’s makes him an adult 

Watch now and let the forum enjoy you attempt to lie by using  , deflection , and swerves in an attempt to avoid admitting he was a peadophile, you totally support such and are a vile creature for doing so 

You don’t support the words of Muhammad you don’t even know what Hadiths are you .....

Hadith, Arabic Ḥadīth (“News” or “Story”), also spelled Hadīt, record of the traditions or sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, revered and received as a major source of religious law and moral guidance, second only to the authority of the Qurʾān, the holy book of Islam.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Spot on over the years on different sites ( Quora) I’ve had the pleasure of recieving messages from an array of mostly younger people who told me they laughed out loud and started  to question when I used to post up weekly the most ridiculous passages from the Bile :) and the Quran , it’s something I recommend doing , at least it gets them thinking of alternative world views which are not as they are constantly told evil or immoral 
    Happy_Killbot
    And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

That is talking about divorce, of adult women. where does it mention child? Do all women menstruate continuously? I don't think so.

It is well known fact that laws of consent, divorce, marriage, women rights, women's inheritance, etc... came after marriage of Aisha.

Trust me there is no verses of marriage of child in Quran...because this comes under subjective morality compass, and can be changed according to progression of society.

You want verses of marriage?

Here:

“And test the orphans [of whom you are in charge of]  until they reach a marriageable age; then, if you find them to be mature of mind/sound in judgement, hand over to them their possessions…” (Quran, 4:6)

O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! It is not lawful for you to force women into marrying or holding on to them in marriage against their will. (Quran, 4:19)

So tell me what do you consider marriageable age with sound judgement?  and  forcing women to marry?

You don’t support the words of Muhammad you don’t even know what Hadiths are you ....

You don't support it either, so what does it matter whether I support it or not? If you support it tell franking then we can move our conversation further. And I know you won't do that.

Again I need tangible prove for these.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

***/Show me an example of someone who likes peaches who has been incarcerated for not endangering the lives of their own families, or communities?

Maybe you can get Mr Dawkins to help you with your Peach loving rhetoric?

Maybe indoctrinate non peach loving folk?

Maybe call a news conference to explain your Peach loving mindset to the world?
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  

What else are religions good for if not humor?

Plaffelvohfen
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    TKDB said:
    @Happy_Killbot

If any Religious individual is doing Zero, to be a danger to the others around them, then your Atheist argument, doesn't do a fair and equal job, of being able to hold its own water, does it?

"So, is it OK to make fun of these beliefs, especially if they are dangerous?"

"I would argue that some of these beliefs lead to violent or destructive behaviors, and by making fun of them we can prevent people from falling for such non-sense. In this way the religion will slowly lose power over time and it's influence will dwindle, and people can focus on making rational life choices."

Show me where any peaceful Religious individual, has been incarcerated for not endangering the lives of their own families, or communities? 

For someone who claims not to be religious you sure are a big fat .
    Plaffelvohfen
    @kakalam777

The Qur'an permits pedophilia. The following Qur'anic verse allows sex with pre-pubescent girls who have not yet menstruated.

And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their 
    burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old.

You don’t support the words of Muhammad you don’t even know what Hadiths are you .....

Hadith, Arabic Ḥadīth (“News” or “Story”), also spelled Hadīt, record of the traditions or sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, revered and received as a major source of religious law and moral guidance, second only to the authority of the Qurʾān, the holy book of Islam.

***** You don't support it either, so what does it matter whether I support it or not?

You’re meant to be a Muslim you so if you don’t support the words of the Quran what’s that make you apart from being an which is a given

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

It's a Internet based historical fact.

That some of the Atheists have been using the Internet to make fun of Religion.

I'm curious, when some Atheists belittle, or make fun of Religion, what kind of an example, are they setting for the rest of the families, in their communities, who aren't Atheist oriented unlike themselves?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

"This is so easy I think you will kick yourself for not realizing it, but hey, No one expects a "Spanish inquisition!"

Are you and @Plaffelvohfen maybe sharing the same brain?

Because you're using a part of his "Spanish inquisition," Atheist comedy routine, to make your own argument for yourself? 
    @Dee ;
    why did you repeat the post? I already responded.

You’re meant to be a Muslim you so if you don’t support the words of the Quran what’s that make you apart from being an which is a given
    Why are you getting so flustered whether I support it or not?..it  is my prerogative...lol

PS:

Every knowledgeable scholar know the morality principle of Islam is "no harm"
    so try and spread that, instead of dishing the dirt.
    And try to spread this if you are genuinely concerned about child marriages. If you are a hypocrite religious bashing ...then never-mind.
    https://www.girlsnotbrides.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IRW-Islamic-persepctive-on-CM.pdf

• Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  

If making fun of people for thinking, saying or doing dumb things were prohibited we would loose the majority of all humor.

I need to get back to my paper now...got enough data and materials....I will be busy...have fun you all...I don't think I will come back as this was only for research. So @Dee behave properly like human, and stop your argumentum ad hominem.
    And use logic, not hate....you statements are always seething with anger and hate...kinda feel pity...and also curious about what you went through...anyways have a good life.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @kakalam777

Kakalams “religion of peace” except when it comes to child abuse

***** You don't support it either, so what does it matter whether I support it or not?

• kakalam777kakalam777 57 Pts   -  
    Yea Peace on you all  :kissing_heart: Byes.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @kakalam777

I need to get back to my paper now...got enough data and materials....I will be busy...have fun you all...I don't think I will come back as this was only for research. 

Great now you can convince your fellow Muslims that your “prophet “ was a peado .....my work here is done 

*****So I behave properly like human, and stop my argumentum ad hominem.

I agree 

***I never use logic, just hate....my statements are always seething with anger and hate...kinda feel pity for myself and also curious about what I went through... Maybe I should stop lusting after kids like Mo .......anyways have a good life.

True enough .....bye now and keep away from playgrounds.....

Dr_MaybeHappy_KillbotPlaffelvohfensmoothie
    @Dee
    So which one is you? The one on shoulders or the one bending down? No need to answer.
    :expressionless: damn I need go...bye again. :kissing_heart:
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @kakalam777

****So which one is you?  The one on shoulders or the one bending down?

The only one who bends down is your mother to accept the infidels pork soldier , you probably watch .....

***No  need to answer.

Say high to mummy .....What? Her mouths full......again 

****damn I need go...bye again.

amn I need go...bye again
    @TKDB It's a Monty python sketch, here it is 8 seconds:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4
    Plaffelvohfen

• IzniIzni 65 Pts   -  
    From a psychological perspective, only those who can't find contentment in religion find it entertaining to make fun of religion. Most religions teach and require, patience, self-control, time management and discipline, there is not much educational benefits in it or a financial wellness, or maybe there are that I do not know of, but the auxiliary character development skills can help to obtain spiritual balance in life, making people able have better control over their emotions in adversity.
    Rest is up to individuals perspective, and what they are targeting in a religion to make fun off.
    @Izni There are hundreds of religions with thousands of denominations, all of which have their own unique characteristics, culture, and beliefs. Not all of them focus on well-being or personal development.

In fact, many take spirituality and turn it on it's head to make it a weapon. If you can't make fun of something from within, then maybe it isn't as strong as you think.

If you can't sit down and say "Ha Ha! we think that you turn into an animal when you die!" Then how can we ever know what teachings can and can't be trusted?

Sometimes hard core creationists will try to make fun of science, but then they are the only ones laughing. When anyone makes fun of a particular belief, everyone thinks it's funny, even sometimes people from that religion.

The Broadway musical "The book of Mormon" is a comedy that makes fun of the Mormon church. When members of the church of latter day saints heard about it, they greeted it generally favorably, making a deliberate decision to not protest it.

• IzniIzni 65 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Happy_Killbot
    Is there a need to be a one religion? where there are billions of people in the world, religion is but a pursuit to follow their spiritual comfort, And can differ from tribe to tribe, person to person. Since its a personal endeavour, I don't think others should have anything to do with what others follow, its like making fun of your physical features, the way you talk, walk and your character, culture and race. Yes I don't say don't criticise it, and to some extent make fun, but people always overdo when it is in fun compared to when they criticise it. Distinction by fun can often lead to dehumanisation, where are civil discussion can help understand the common ground and help learn new things. 
    @Izni Why can't critique lead to dehumanization? Making fun of something is just critique done in a creative, light way.

@Izni Why can't critique lead to dehumanization? Making fun of something is just critique done in a creative, light way.

Religion isn't something physical, it's a set of ideas and practices which is something you can ultimately change, unlike what you physically are.

• I think people who believe in any form of supernatural entity do a good enough job at making fun of themselves.
    So I just let them continue and sit back and have a good laugh.
  • I think people who believe in any form of supernatural entity do a good enough job at making fun of themselves.
    So I just let them continue and sit back and have a good laugh.
    Happy_Killbot
  • IzniIzni 65 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Happy_Killbot
    because to be a critique you need to have a thorough understanding of the subject you are critiquing, where as fun can be done by anyone and often people with in-sufficient knowledge will use that and start teasing others, How is this productive? I hope I am staying in the topic of this thread, the question is being productive, and creative fun is for entertainment, not productive learning.
  • IzniIzni 65 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot
    You see productive practices are often to do with excising brain and body like writing, reading, painting, stretching, growing  etc....they need to have a constant activity of both brain and body for it to help you, but teasing and joking are synonymous to bullying, demoralising etc, there is no productive outcome in these. 
    The only think can be done for entertainment is when you are doing stand up comedy for people, for good laughs. But the web fun-making is often out of hands, and goes to personal insults. 
    @Izni Personal insults are a bit beyond the scope of this thread.

I don't think you need to have a though knowledge of something in order to make an effective critique, but it may be more relevant if you do.
    Izni

@Haydn_E_Sheldon
    But people don't usually consider God as supernatural entity, they consider God to be natural in His natural form whatever it maybe, like how fish is natural in water in its natural form.

From a layman's perspective, they see something organized they conclude someone organized it, they see day and night seasons change, recycling of water, plants crops and they conclude someone organized it. Simple as that.

Layman don't consider God to be extraordinary that needs to have extraordinary evidence. Since not everyone has same intellect, if God exists and is for all then he should show evidence that can be understood by a bunch who has least intellect, instead of someone like Einstein, if he gave evidence that only high intellectuals understand do you think the layman would understand with his understanding? It is like discrimination to people with lower intellect...if God showed high-fi scientific evidences.

I mean take example of flat earthers, they will never believe in indicative evidence until you take them to space and show it. Now intellectuals are also acting like that when it is regarding God... its amazingly fascinating to watch.
     :D 
    Izni