frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Your Mom and Dad Made You not God

Debate Information

God didn't create your physical body, your mom and dad did. At best all god did was create the biological process that after a very long time led to your creation. So, if that's the case what's wrong with god creating evolution to do the same thing?

It looks a lot like the people who made the bible knew only a fraction of the whole story. If they had known the whole story evolution would no doubt have been included in the bible.
PlaffelvohfenAlofRIsmoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dr_Maybe

And Humanity in general only uses 10% of their brain function.

While there are some savants living amongst us, that utilize I believe up to 15-20% of their brain function?

If Humanity was able to properly utilize 100% of its brain function, the level of rationale, reasoning, and thought processing, I'm guessing, might frighten some modern day thinkers?

Because a fair amount of humanity, is overly comfortable in utilizing just that 10% of their brain function, because I guess, that suits them?

"Your Mom and Dad Made You not God"

God made the Universe, and God created Humanity. 

But with the way, some of us, have our minds set up, we're not able to rationalize up to that level of understanding just yet?

My guess, is that some of humanity in general, has to go through some more evolutionary changes before we get to that point?

Because, humanity in general, isn't ready yet, to fairly and equally rationalize God, just yet? 

PlaffelvohfenAlofRIsmoothieDr_Maybe
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    The idea that Humans only use 10% of their brain is scientifically unfounded.  There is no evidence to suggest that we are inefficient in the use of our brain or that we only use a portion of it.  It's an old wive's tale at best and at worst it's a joke that someone said once that caught traction because it sounds profound.  It's a Myth.

I will say that I've read some things on this debate site that lead me to believe that it might be true, especially for people who use the 10% myth as a premise for rationalizing human thought.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenMayCaesarDr_MaybeZeusAres42
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** And Humanity in general only uses 10% of their brain function

Thats a gross over estimate in your case.....Either way that stat is B S 
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Dee

@Vaulk

@Happy_Killbot

@Plaffelvohfen

Disprove my argument?

Go find some Science Reference Material, and disprove my argument?

One of the four of you, should be able to come up with some Non Atheist Oriented Science to prove me wrong?

And Humanity in general only uses 10% of their brain function.

While there are some savants living amongst us, that utilize I believe up to 15-20% of their brain function?

If Humanity was able to properly utilize 100% of its brain function, the level of rationale, reasoning, and thought processing, I'm guessing, might frighten some modern day thinkers?

Because a fair amount of humanity, is overly comfortable in utilizing just that 10% of their brain function, because I guess, that suits them?

"Your Mom and Dad Made You not God"

God made the Universe, and God created Humanity. 

But with the way, some of us, have our minds set up, we're not able to rationalize up to that level of understanding just yet?

My guess, is that some of humanity in general, has to go through some more evolutionary changes before we get to that point?

Because, humanity in general, isn't ready yet, to fairly and equally rationalize God, just yet?  

PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotAlofRIDr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** Disprove my argument?

A few minutes ago you tried the same thing you said it was up to me to disprove your god it’s not you the burden of proof is on you ....still 
    AlofRIPlaffelvohfen
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @TKDB How about you provide evidence to support it instead of trying to shift the burden of proof?

Seriously, do you even know how debate is supposed to work?
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

.........................................................................................I literally cited evidence for my claim that disproves the 10% myth, it's hyperlinked in blue letters in the word "Myth" in my original post.  It's a link to The Scientific American Journal with the exact references needed to explain how and why it's a myth as well as accredited Neurologists attesting that it's totally unfounded.  

Image result for SMH

I
    Am
    Officially
    Done
    Debating
    With
    You

PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotZeusAres42TKDB
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Wait a minute. Consider what is coming from our current government. THEY are supposed to be some of our most intelligent people. Maybe we should LOWER that estimate to maybe 8? ….. 6 even?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk

@Plaffelvohfen

Show me where some Atheists belittling any Religion, is a form of intelligent thought?

Show me where terrorism, is a form of intelligent thought?

Show me where a mass shooters gun violence crimes, or gun violence crimes in general, is a form of intelligent thought?

Show me how the Liberals going after Trump, with their Trump Impeachment Hearings, is a form of intelligent thought?

Show me how the 22 million illegal immigrants or aliens, coming into the United States illegally, since 1987, is a form of intelligent thought?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk

@Plaffelvohfen

Show me where some Atheists belittling any Religion, is a form of intelligent thought?

Show me where a mass shooters gun violence crimes, or gun violence crimes in general, is a form of intelligent thought?

Show me how the Liberals going after Trump, with their Trump Impeachment Hearings, is a form of intelligent thought?

Show me how the 22 million illegal immigrants or aliens, coming into the United States illegally, since 1987, is a form of intelligent thought?
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @TKDB ; "Show me where some Atheists belittling any Religion, is a form of intelligent thought?"

I think this thread is an excellent example.
    DeePlaffelvohfenTKDB
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

****.   Show me how the 22 million illegal immigrants or aliens, coming into the United States illegally, since 1987, is a form of intelligent thought?

Really? They are leaving countries where the unfortunate individuals have no quality of life so the intelligent thing to do is to leave for a better situation , that’s exercising intelligence. 

You really do make some ridiculous statements,  tell me you claim to be a Christian what was the position of Jesus in helping the needy?

PlaffelvohfenTKDB
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Dr_Maybe @Dr_Maybe ; Every human being is created by God in His spiritual image with a specific and unique set of characteristics and talents to be used by and for God's purposes. The human sex-act simply provides constituent elements of DNA to provide the complete human being in the womb...but the life, the eternal spirit, the consciousness, the moral law, the uniqueness, of every individual is created by God and the breath of life is breathed into them by God and that breath will be retrieved when the body dies away and frees the spirit to return home to the God who gave it. 
    smoothie
    @Happy_Killbot

@Dee

@Vaulk

@Plaffelvohfen

RickeyD
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -   edited November 2019

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

"You really do make some ridiculous statements,  tell me you claim to be a Christian what was the position of Jesus in helping the needy?"

I'm pro Family, pro Adoption, pro Community, pro Religious Freedom, pro Atheist, and pro Theist.

Humanity should be willing to help the poor, the homeless, or the needy, regardless of what any Religion says, right?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

@TKDB

Nice swerve , but pretty obvious , let’s revisit here is what you said .....    Show me how the 22 million illegal immigrants or aliens, coming into the United States illegally, since 1987, is a form of intelligent thought?

So can you explain how their decision to seek refuge is unintelligent?
    TKDB
    @Dee

Again, I'm a realist.
    And I'm pro law abiding, pro family, and pro community as well. 

I'm guessing that you're maybe pro Illegal Immigrant, or Alien, right?

I didn't swerve from ANYTHING, I know the difference between being Law Abiding, and those who are Non Law abiding, by breaking the law to come into the United States Illegally, like their Illegal selves did?

"Nice swerve , but pretty obvious , let’s revisit here is what you said .....    Show me how the 22 million illegal immigrants or aliens, coming into the United States illegally, since 1987, is a form of intelligent thought?

So can you explain how their decision to seek refuge is unintelligent?"

The Intelligent and Law Abiding thought, would have been to TAKE the proper channels to legally come into the United States, legally. 

So instead, their illegal and unintelligent selves, are costing the US taxpayers Billions of dollars, each year to cater to those 22 million illegal immigrants or aliens? 

Who are, I'm guessing, are waiting for a Liberal Politician to BAIL those Illegal Immigrants with Amnesty, which non of them deserve. 

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @TKDB

***** Who are, I'm guessing, are waiting for a Liberal Politician to BAIL those Illegal Immigrants with Amnesty, which non of them deserve. 

Spoken like a true American follower of Christ 
    TKDB
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

Can you explain the steps in evolution?
    What came first, then second, etc?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

No answers huh?

Are you an Atheist Swerver? 
  • Vaulk said:
    The idea that Humans only use 10% of their brain is scientifically unfounded.  There is no evidence to suggest that we are inefficient in the use of our brain or that we only use a portion of it.  It's an old wive's tale at best and at worst it's a joke that someone said once that caught traction because it sounds profound.  It's a Myth.

I will say that I've read some things on this debate site that lead me to believe that it might be true, especially for people who use the 10% myth as a premise for rationalizing human thought.
    Funnily enough, I've just finished reading the first chapter about pop psychology myths. The book can be bought and read from here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Myths-Popular-Psychology-Misconceptions/dp/1405131128

And you're right, the idea of people only using 10% of their brain is indeed unfounded. There is no evidence of this anywhere. Not to mention it's also a very silly thing to say and believe in, given what we now know about the human brain.

TKDB

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    If you are unable to explain the more complete story by outlining the order of evolution.
    Could it be that you only know a fraction of the whole story?
    In the Bible, a detailed order of events is spelled out.
    Nevertheless, I have found a variation of opinions with the order with evolution.
    Please go on record now detailing the order of events, since evolution is a more complete explanation.

I have questions:

Can you really call scientists experts when they have multiple opinions on the same event?
    Can you really trust their conclusions when it changes constantly?
    Can you be sure it is accurate when no one will go on record in order to avoid being wrong?
    Why do people believe evolution when it cannot be seen or shown?

If the final step was a man from an ape, then why can't a man procreate with an ape?
    Why can't a man who suppositive evolved from other animals, procreate with none of the animals?

Now I know the urge is to press the "disagree" or "fallacy" button without providing valid answers.

I feel it is like pleading the fifth amendment when someone will decline to answer questions where the answers might incriminate them, or in this case, disassemble their argument.

• Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  
    TKDB said:
    @Dee

No answers huh?

Are you an Atheist Swerver? 
    If your spam came in a can I would like it much better.
    ZeusAres42DeeTKDB
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

@ZeusAres42

"Funnily enough, I've just finished reading the first chapter about pop psychology myths. The book can be bought and read from here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Myths-Popular-Psychology-Misconceptions/dp/1405131128

And you're right, the idea of people only using 10% of their brain is indeed unfounded. There is no evidence of this anywhere. Not to mention it's also a very silly thing to say and believe in, given what we now know about the human brain."

• Vaulk said:
    @TKDB

I
    Am
    Officially
    Done
    Debating
    With
    You

A very wise decision.
    TKDB

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

@Vaulk

Both excercising the Atheist philosophy of Swerving? 

Because of these questions?

@TKDB

I’m not responsible for your stupidity I asked you a simple question and as usual you totally avoid answering , normally you use one of two replies TKDB

1:You’re off topic @TKDB

2: Why not ask Mr Dawkins or variations of similar babble 

Here is what I said ......
    So can you explain how their decision to seek refuge is unintelligent 

TKDB
    @TKDB

The Sea Lion Mr T is quiet persistent but hey that’s Sea Lions for ya .....

TKDB
    @Dee

And you are Atheist Swerving again.

Again, The Intelligent and Law Abiding thought, would have been to TAKE the proper channels to legally come into the United States, legally. 

So instead, their illegal and unintelligent selves, are costing the US taxpayers Billions of dollars, each year to cater to those 22 million illegal immigrants or aliens? 

Who are, I'm guessing, are waiting for a Liberal Politician to BAIL those Illegal Immigrants with Amnesty, which non of them deserve.  
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

***** Those  Illegal Immigrants with Amnesty, which non of them deserve.  

Jesus would hate you 
    TKDB
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

You already hate me.

I'm doing well. 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

And you are Atheist Swerving again.

Again, The Intelligent and Law Abiding thought, would have been to TAKE the proper channels to legally come into the United States, legally. 

***** Those  Illegal Immigrants with Amnesty, which non of them deserve.

"Jesus would hate you"

More Atheist Swerving?

How do you know if Jesus would hate me?

Because with the way you hound me, I'm doing well!

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You already hate me.

I'm doing well. 

I don’t hate anyone , I think you’re an and you prove it every time 

TKDB
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

*****And you are Atheist Swerving again.

Swerve means to avoid which I’ve not done , you on the other hand do nothing else as you’ve never answered a question here yet because of your genetic stupidity 
    TKDB
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

****And you are Atheist Swerving again.

Are you still beating your kids?
    TKDB
    @Dee

"I don’t hate anyone , I think you’re an and you prove it every time."

*****And you are Atheist Swerving again.

"Swerve means to avoid which I’ve not done , you on the other hand do nothing else as you’ve never answered a question here yet because of your genetic stupidity."

And I embrace your negative efforts.

And the icing on the cake quotation from you:

"Are you still beating your kids?"

Because you continue to Atheist Swerve like a champion.

• Vaulk said:

And you're also right that people who use this as a premise most probably are only using no more than 10 percent of their brain. I guess the other 90 percent of their brain is just empty space haha @Vaulk

• Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @Dr_Maybe @Dr_Maybe ; Every human being is created by God in His spiritual image with a specific and unique set of characteristics and talents to be used by and for God's purposes. The human sex-act simply provides constituent elements of DNA to provide the complete human being in the womb...but the life, the eternal spirit, the consciousness, the moral law, the uniqueness, of every individual is created by God and the breath of life is breathed into them by God and that breath will be retrieved when the body dies away and frees the spirit to return home to the God who gave it. 

The human sex-act simply provides constituent elements of DNA to provide the complete human being in the womb the breath of life is breathed into them by God.

These are your own words and it agrees with what I said.

I do not believe god breathes anything into anything, but if he does he'd have time to do nothing else 24 7, 365 days a year.

If god were smart he would set in motion an evolutionary process that did the work of creating humans for him and being god he surely could have.