frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

JESUS IS COMING BACK STORY - RELIGIOUS LEADERS GOT RICH BCS. OF THIS MARKETING STRATEGY

Debate Information

Wake up people...….Jesus died thousands of years ago.....what made you think that he will come back?.....every year, every year, all over and over and over again, pastors, priest, archbishops, idiots always use that term to scare people so that people will join their church.... remember, the more members a church have, the more money they make...…..DO YOU KNOW WHY I KNOW JESUS IS NEVER COMING BACK?......BECAUSE HE IS FREAKING DEAD! ………..

smoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    I know its hard, but try to listen and keep your money in your wallet.
    Matthew 10:8 - "You received without paying; give without pay."

Plaffelvohfensmoothie
  • There is proof that jesus will come back.
    This is from https://www.newsmax.com/fastfeatures/jesus-is-coming-soon/2014/11/16/id/606781/
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
  • I think Jimmy Hoffa will come back right around the same time Jesus decides to form a new union.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Religion_Business01 ; Jesus is the Eternal God...He is alive and has been forever. The Holy Spirit spoke of you in the Scriptures....remember that Messiah's 2nd-Advent was not possible until subsequent 1948 (Ezekiel's regathering prophecy - Ezekiel 34:13) and the capture of Jerusalem by the Israelite's in the Six-Day War (1968). 

smoothie
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    In Soviet Union, they used to say, "Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin is going to live forever". They still keep his mummy in a mausoleum at the Red Square in Moscow; the idea that the guy has simply died was too scary for them to accept in Soviet Union, and after the Soviet collapse they decided not to poke at the shameful past and to never talk about this again, while still keeping his remains there.

The "Jesus has arisen from the dead" seems to be a similar cult, only there is even less substance to it, as even Jesus' remains are long gone, lost to the sands of history.

Personality cults are funny in how irrational their followers become in life in general. Worshipping a corpse cannot be healthy psychologically, I am telling you.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    smoothie
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    I'm surprised no one mentioned North Korea. They basically are a nercrocrocy, they treat their dead leader Kin Il-sung as an eternal god. Like fundamentalist Christians, they take a literal interpretation of that statement and assume that he is still alive, only asleep and one day he will come back to rule.

The bible is meant to be interpreted metaphysically, not literally. There comes a time in everyone's life to put away childish things, and it baffles me that so many people refuse to do this.
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.