frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The most hateful religious content on the internet

Debate Information

There is a rising resurgence of hate from traditionalists and radical religious sects throughout the globe.

Despite the teachings of love and peace from their Religion, many choose to ignore that for violence and hate speech.

Of those that use the internet, which are the most hateful content you have ever encountered?
ZeusAres42smoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I am very worried how this will effect LGBT people like me, and our respective allies.
    Koxek99
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Koxek99 ; Is it "hate" or just the fact you hate the Truth?

Koxek99smoothie
    RickeyD said:

It is hateful to oppose LGBTI rights.
    Koxek99ZeusAres42smoothie
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2668 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    RickeyD said:

@RickeyD ;  You can't handle the truth!

Koxek99Plaffelvohfen

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Funny timing for this post from a "new user", no? ;) 
    Koxek99ZeusAres42Dee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2668 Pts   -   edited December 2019

The response was aimed at @RickeyD which most of us who are used to him now can clearly tell how uncomfortable the truth makes him feel. And when all else fails he tries his "you're spiritual ignorance" fallacy which severely undermines his position.
    Koxek99 said:
    There is a rising resurgence of hate from traditionalists and radical religious sects throughout the globe.

Despite the teachings of love and peace from their Religion, many choose to ignore that for violence and hate speech.

Of those that use the internet, which are the most hateful content you have ever encountered?
    @Koxek99 yes, there are lots of radicalists out there and I can bet most of us can agree we have seen plenty of their hateful content not just on the Internet but offline all across the globe too.

PlaffelvohfenKoxek99smoothie

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:

It disgusts me how everything this guy says could not be parodied better, and he's totally serious.
    YeshuaBoughtKoxek99PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42smoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    ****** There is a rising resurgence of hate from traditionalists and radical religious sects throughout the globe

How are they radical if they’re following the teachings of their sacred books? Both the Bible and the Quran fully approve of slavery , the killing of homosexuals and the treatment of women as second class citizens to mention but a few.

So called hard liners are being consistent to the hate filled verses contained in their despicable so called sacred books , they fully believe this nonsense and are victims of cultural brainwashing 
    Koxek99
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @Dee Religion is funny like that, you start off with this message about love and morality, and then it gets twisted into a blood thirsty monster that thinks being atheist makes you automatically immoral, and experiencing sexual desires makes you a flawed dirty person.
    Koxek99
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; It is my obligation as a servant of the Living God, Jesus Christ, to tell the truth about the death and perversion of LGBTQ insanity. Sexual perversion finds its root in the demonic and those who participate in the nasty and vile behavior of homosexuality-lesbianism-bisexualism-transsexualism-gender mutilation and then introduce this demonic sickness to children and schools and celebrate it in our streets...these are demons having manifest in Time as Satan knows that he has but a brief moment before the Judgment. LGBTQ is Satan in the flesh.  Unless the LGBTQ participant repents and trusts in Jesus as Lord, they will NOT see life in God's Kingdom!

Koxek99
  • RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; It is my obligation as a servant of the Living God, Jesus Christ, to tell the truth about the death and perversion of LGBTQ insanity. Sexual perversion finds its root in the demonic and those who participate in the nasty and vile behavior of homosexuality-lesbianism-bisexualism-transsexualism-gender mutilation and then introduce this demonic sickness to children and schools and celebrate it in our streets...these are demons having manifest in Time as Satan knows that he has but a brief moment before the Judgment. LGBTQ is Satan in the flesh.  Unless the LGBTQ participant repents and trusts in Jesus as Lord, they will NOT see life in God's Kingdom!

I'm sorry to disappoint you but the Jews were right; Jesus Christ was not God or the Messia. In fact, he was a rebel.

Koxek99Plaffelvohfen

Who Was Jesus?

Virtually all of what is known about the historical Jesus comes from the four New Testament Gospels — Matthew, Mark, Luke and John — which scholars believe were written several decades after Jesus’ death. While there is no archaeological or other physical evidence for his existence, most scholars agree that Jesus did exist and that he was born sometime in the decade before the Common Era and crucified sometime between 26-36 CE (the years when the Roman governor, Pontius Pilate, ruled Judea). He lived at a time when the Roman Empire ruled what is now Israel and sectarianism was rife, with major tensions among Jews not only over how much to cooperate with the Romans but also how to interpret . It was also, for some, a restive time when displeasure with Roman policies, as well as with the Temple high priests, bred hopes for a messianic redeemer who would throw off the foreign occupiers and restore Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel.
    Was Jesus the Messiah? The question “was Jesus the messiah?” requires a prior question: “What is the definition of messiah?” The Prophets (Nevi’im), who wrote hundreds of years before Jesus’ birth, envisioned a messianic age as as a period of universal peace, in which war and hunger are eradicated, and humanity accepts God’s sovereignty. By the first century, the view developed that the messianic age would witness a general resurrection of the dead, the in-gathering of all the Jews, including the 10 lost tribes, to the land of Israel, a final judgment and universal peace. Some Jews expected the messiah to be a descendant of King David (based on an interpretation of God’s promise to David in 2 Samuel 7 of an eternal kingdom). The Dead Sea Scrolls speak of two messiahs: one a military leader and the other a priest. Still other Jews expected the prophet Elijah, or the angel Michael, or Enoch, or any number of other figures to usher in the messianic age.
    Stories in the Gospels about Jesus healing the sick, raising the dead, and proclaiming the imminence of the kingdom of heaven suggest that his followers regarded him as appointed by God to bring about the messianic age. More than 1,000 years after Jesus’ crucifixion, the medieval sage Maimonides (also known as Rambam) laid out in his Mishneh Torah specific things Jews believe the messiah must accomplish in order to confirm his identity — among them restoring the kingdom of David to its former glory, achieving victory in battle against Israel’s enemies, rebuilding the temple (which the Romans destroyed in 70 CE) and ingathering the exiles to the land of Israel. “And if he’s not successful with this, or if he is killed, it’s known that he is not the one that was promised by the Torah,” Maimonides wrote.
    Are There Jewish Texts that Reference Jesus? Yes. The first-century Jewish historian Josephus mentions Jesus, although the major reference in his Antiquities of the Jews appears to have been edited and augmented by Christian scribes. There are a few references in the Talmud to “Yeshu,” which many authorities understand as referring to Jesus. The tractate Sanhedrin originally recorded that Yeshu the Nazarene was hung on the eve of Passover for the crime of leading Jews astray. This reference was excised from later versions of the Talmud, most likely because of its use by Christians as a pretext for persecution. In the medieval period, a work called Toledot Yeshu presented an alternative history of Jesus that rejects cardinal Christian beliefs. The work, which is not part of the canon of rabbinic literature, is not widely known. Maimonides, in his Mishneh Torah, describes Jesus as the failed messiah foreseen by the prophet Daniel. Rather than redeeming Israel, Maimonides writes, Jesus caused Jews to be killed and exiled, changed the Torah and led the world to worship a false God. Special thanks to Amy-Jill Levine, University Professor of New Testament and Jewish Studies at Vanderbilt Divinity School and College of Arts and Sciences, for her assistance with this article. To read this article, “What Do Jews Believe About Jesus?” in Spanish (leer en Español), click here.
    Sorry but it looks like you are following the false religion. What you need to do is become spiritually alive and then you will accept in your heart that the Jews were right.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/what-do-jews-believe-about-jesus/

Koxek99

RickeyD said:

You are not spreading truth, you are spreading hate. You are an anti gay terrorist. Threatening gays with Hell is an act of terror, and I disrespect you for that.
    smoothieZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenKoxek99
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    @Koxek99 A lot of people say hateful things i dont see it coming from religious people any more than anyone else.  Also what someone is offended by doesnt mean there is hate.

Also there is no such thing as hate speech.
    Koxek99
  • RickeyD said:

You are not spreading truth, you are spreading hate. You are an anti gay terrorist. Threatening gays with Hell is an act of terror, and I disrespect you for that.
    Do not let him fill you with anger @YeshuaRedeemed. That is exactly what he wants. Just remember he is no more than an imbecilic speck of dust.
    smoothiePlaffelvohfenKoxek99

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    Rickey sounds like an old racist who goes "despite making up 13%....." he is hypocritical as he is against racism but thinks it's okay to spew homophobic garbage as a loving Christian. Shameful
    Koxek99 said:
    To answer this question (I assume you mean religious content), I will say I have been called every name in the book for standing for gay rights. Some people from anti-gay religious groups even say that homosexuality should be criminalized and homosexuals be put down like dogs. The internet, overall, is a hateful place where anybody can announce their ignorant and extremely unpopular opinions like views from the alt-right. I have seen forums that literally call for the white ethnostate and at least 50 people responding to it positively. The internet makes it easy for opinions like this to surface if you look hard enough, because when you hide behind a screen you are not afraid of the consequence of calling for the extermination of minorities and the like. This makes it easy for people like Rickey to sit at his keyboard and create his hateful propaganda and spread it everywhere.

The loving content of Christianity more often comes up in person. People from my local churches are very loving and accepting. Views like Rickey's are ostracized in the mainstream, so it comes up more often on the internet.

ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenKoxek99
    why so serious?
    RickeyD said:

Do not let him fill you with anger @YeshuaRedeemed. That is exactly what he wants. Just remember he is no more than an imbecilic speck of dust.
    Thanks, hun. I will try to remember that.
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @YeshuaRedeemed. I dont really think you can say hes a terrorist for threatening you with hell.

For one hes only using speech and is not threatening you as he cannot actually send you to hell.

Secondly you dont believe in hell, so who cares.  And if there is one him trying to keep you from it would be courteous.

I would agree however that he doesnt present things in a very kind way, and that im no fan of him using religion for all his arguments. Also he shouldnt be judging and telling you your going to hell as by his faith he is not the judge of that.

Also i think just because the christian viewpoint that homosexuality is a sin doesnt mean were anti-gay.  My viewpoint that shared by many others is that it would be a sin, but that doesnt mean i harbor hate towards you. Everyone is a sinner, we look to do better, but we dont look to exclude others or be hateful to them.  I to treat everyone as an individual, and each individual with respect.
    Koxek99
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Dee @YeshuaRedeemed @smoothie ; The death penalty, a capital offense, concerning the perversion of homosexuality was an edict given specifically to the Hebrew Tribes in the Covenant of Law/the Levitical Law (Leviticus 18:22; 20:13) as the Hebrew Nation was set-apart by God to be Holy unto Him and fit for His use (Leviticus 20:26). Homosexuality was seen as a vile and loathsome violation of God's Covenant of Marriage between one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh for life; homosexuality was a violation of the sacredness of the family unit - an essential, foundational, unit for the sustainability of the children of Israel through whom our God would bring forth Messiah-Yeshua; homosexuality was seen as a violation or compromise with immoral pagan practices pertaining to the pagan tribes that inhabited the regions that the Hebrews would transition through en route to the Promised Land. No compromise would be tolerated by our Holy God!

Grace and Forgiveness for Homosexuality in Jesus as Lord

Homosexuality is NOT a capital offense in the Covenant of Grace as established by Messiah-Jesus. The sin of homosexuality can be forgiven and the homosexual-lesbian redeemed IF they will repent of their sins and believe in their heart, confess with their mouth that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay their sin-debt and that He was resurrected for their justification.

IF the homosexual-lesbian refuses to repent and turn to Jesus Christ for the remission of sin, they will NOT enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to death of the body but they will await the Judgment of the Condemned in Hades-Sheol/Torments and ultimately lose both body and soul in Hell for their rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin (Revelation 20:11-15).

Sharia Law

Homosexuality remains a death penalty offense in Islam.

Koxek99smoothie
    @YeshuaRedeemed. I dont really think you can say hes a terrorist for threatening you with hell.

For one hes only using speech and is not threatening you as he cannot actually send you to hell.

Secondly you dont believe in hell, so who cares.  And if there is one him trying to keep you from it would be courteous.

I would agree however that he doesnt present things in a very kind way, and that im no fan of him using religion for all his arguments. Also he shouldnt be judging and telling you your going to hell as by his faith he is not the judge of that.

Also i think just because the christian viewpoint that homosexuality is a sin doesnt mean were anti-gay.  My viewpoint that shared by many others is that it would be a sin, but that doesnt mean i harbor hate towards you. Everyone is a sinner, we look to do better, but we dont look to exclude others or be hateful to them.  I to treat everyone as an individual, and each individual with respect.
    I have the right to say whatever I want, if he does too.
    RickeyD said:
    @Dee @YeshuaRedeemed @smoothie ; The death penalty, a capital offense, concerning the perversion of homosexuality was an edict given specifically to the Hebrew Tribes in the Covenant of Law/the Levitical Law (Leviticus 18:22; 20:13) as the Hebrew Nation was set-apart by God to be Holy unto Him and fit for His use (Leviticus 20:26). Homosexuality was seen as a vile and loathsome violation of God's Covenant of Marriage between one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh for life; homosexuality was a violation of the sacredness of the family unit - an essential, foundational, unit for the sustainability of the children of Israel through whom our God would bring forth Messiah-Yeshua; homosexuality was seen as a violation or compromise with immoral pagan practices pertaining to the pagan tribes that inhabited the regions that the Hebrews would transition through en route to the Promised Land. No compromise would be tolerated by our Holy God!

Grace and Forgiveness for Homosexuality in Jesus as Lord

Homosexuality is NOT a capital offense in the Covenant of Grace as established by Messiah-Jesus. The sin of homosexuality can be forgiven and the homosexual-lesbian redeemed IF they will repent of their sins and believe in their heart, confess with their mouth that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay their sin-debt and that He was resurrected for their justification.

IF the homosexual-lesbian refuses to repent and turn to Jesus Christ for the remission of sin, they will NOT enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to death of the body but they will await the Judgment of the Condemned in Hades-Sheol/Torments and ultimately lose both body and soul in Hell for their rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin (Revelation 20:11-15).

Sharia Law

Homosexuality remains a death penalty offense in Islam.

Now I know you are a terrorist. Advocating for the death of LGBTI people is an act of terror. We have rights.
    Koxek99smoothie
    @YeshuaRedeemed @MichaelElpers ;  When the Christian tells you that Hell is the destination for anyone who rejects Jesus Christ as Lord and lives in blatant sin, that is NOT a personal threat but that is Scriptural. There is no time to obfuscate and worry about one's "feelings"....Judgment and Hell are real and impending! YOU KNOW that homosexuality-lesbianism is sin and Michael...it's NOT unkind or un-Christian-like to tell the Truth. If you desire to -foot around with atheists, enjoy the trip. I am not that guy...  Though the MEME is incorrect in that no one is in Hell at this time, the central theme of the MEME is accurate...those in Sheol-Hades/Torments wish they had another chance to repent and seek Messiah-Jesus as Lord.

@YeshuaRedeemed. He didnt say that.  He pointed out in old testimate times death was the case but Jesus and the new testament changed that.  Also he never advocated that you shouldnt have equal rights.

You have to read before you get worked up.  Misrepresnting someone and calling them a terrorist is worse than what he has said to you.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed @MichaelElpers ;  When the Christian tells you that Hell is the destination for anyone who rejects Jesus Christ as Lord and lives in blatant sin, that is NOT a personal threat but that is Scriptural. There is no time to obfuscate and worry about one's "feelings"....Judgment and Hell are real and impending! YOU KNOW that homosexuality-lesbianism is sin and Michael...it's NOT unkind or un-Christian-like to tell the Truth. If you desire to -foot around with atheists, enjoy the trip. I am not that guy...  Though the MEME is incorrect in that no one is in Hell at this time, the central theme of the MEME is accurate...those in Sheol-Hades/Torments wish they had another chance to repent and seek Messiah-Jesus as Lord.

I AM a Christian.
    @YeshuaRedeemed. He didnt say that.  He pointed out in old testimate times death was the case but Jesus and the new testament changed that.  Also he never advocated that you shouldnt have equal rights.

You have to read before you get worked up.  Misrepresnting someone and calling them a terrorist is worse than what he has said to you.
    And you're done. You are not to contact me again, .
    @RickeyD. I never claimed it was a personal threat in fact i argued that point for you.  As far as "hanging around with atheists" isnt it our job as christians to spread the word to others.  Also id like to see one person whose mind you change or convert by posting or behaving like you do.  What it does is make you come off as a pompous that believes he is better than everyone else rather than showing humility and be accepting like you should.  Your message should show that be nature we are all sinful and should do are best to turn away.  Everyone struggles with sin.

I will gladly hang in the company of non believers who are created in the godsimage and treat them with respect as it is not our place to judge and as we cannot be certain that we are fit for the kingdom of heaven.  Maybe it would be better if you stepped off your pedistal and started talking about the benefits of your faith rather than damning them to hell.  I would never be converted by the negative message you display.
    Koxek99smoothie
    @YeshuaRedeemed. Yes you have the right to say whatever you want, but misrepresenting arguments calling people terrorists doesnt show good faith on your part either.  I think most people viewing this thread would view you and rickys opinion as a waste of time, as you dont care to base your claims in fact.
    Koxek99
    @YeshuaRedeemed. Yes you have the right to say whatever you want, but misrepresenting arguments calling people terrorists doesnt show good faith on your part either.  I think most people viewing this thread would view you and rickys opinion as a waste of time, as you dont care to base your claims in fact.
    Saying that gays should be dead or go to Hell is an act of terror.

1) Are we not sharing that word here now? There is a world of difference between interacting with one who simply does not know our Lord but has come to the commonsense conclusion that a Creator is essential as opposed to the atheist who intuitively knows our Creator exists but not only denies, lies and obfuscates but actively wars against Jesus Christ and then fights to convince other to follow them to Hell.

2) I'm not here to prostelyze, I am here to tell the Truth and warn. I do not know why my Lord commands this other than for the sake of justice and equity in the coming Judgment. I am not called to prostelyze in these forums but to speak the Truth that cowardly and intimidated Christians refuse to defend.

3) I have never said or done anything "pompous" but I have simply told the Truth, the uncomfortable Truth that is seldom told in this day and society of apostasy. Simply because you're a coward and refuse to fight for our Lord's righteousness, don't project your fear at me for standing where you ought to stand boldly. I am but a sinner saved by grace but I will speak the Truth and if it's interpreted as hate or bigoted, so be it!  Jesus Christ will be my Judge, not you!

4) We are all sinners (Romans 3:23) but the atheist is a defiant and arrogant sinner who spits in the face of God and wars against Him in an alliance with Satan as they seek others to follow them to the Portal to Hell. I am here to do battle, not proselytize.

5) It IS the believers place "to judge"...The Christian is to judge and discern daily using a righteous judgment (John 7:24) and we are duty-bound to fight for our Lord's righteousness in this lost and perverse generation. We are to speak truth to the lies of the atheist and we are to intercede on behalf of the innocent inundated by the filth that atheist-homosexuals-the abortion advocates/progressive socialists vomit on society. You are free to stand idly by, let us do the work, but please, get out of the way!

6) Atheists are not interested in the benefits of my Lord, they only serve their god, Satan, and they only seek to mock and ridicule and deny my Lord. I am not dealing with rational, ethical, individuals, I am dealing with the enemies of my Lord...you don't see this, obviously; therefore, please...mind your own business and prostelyze or do whatever it is you do.

7) Again, my message is the one laid upon my heart by the indwelling Holy Spirit. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the Holy Spirit. When my Lord is done with me, He will let me know...but you truly need to mind your own business and take your pancake religion to those who desire it. Have a great evening and thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Koxek99
    RickeyD said:

1) Are we not sharing that word here now? There is a world of difference between interacting with one who simply does not know our Lord but has come to the commonsense conclusion that a Creator is essential as opposed to the atheist who intuitively knows our Creator exists but not only denies, lies and obfuscates but actively wars against Jesus Christ and then fights to convince other to follow them to Hell.

2) I'm not here to prostelyze, I am here to tell the Truth and warn. I do not know why my Lord commands this other than for the sake of justice and equity in the coming Judgment. I am not called to prostelyze in these forums but to speak the Truth that cowardly and intimidated Christians refuse to defend.

3) I have never said or done anything "pompous" but I have simply told the Truth, the uncomfortable Truth that is seldom told in this day and society of apostasy. Simply because you're a coward and refuse to fight for our Lord's righteousness, don't project your fear at me for standing where you ought to stand boldly. I am but a sinner saved by grace but I will speak the Truth and if it's interpreted as hate or bigoted, so be it!  Jesus Christ will be my Judge, not you!

4) We are all sinners (Romans 3:23) but the atheist is a defiant and arrogant sinner who spits in the face of God and wars against Him in an alliance with Satan as they seek others to follow them to the Portal to Hell. I am here to do battle, not proselytize.

5) It IS the believers place "to judge"...The Christian is to judge and discern daily using a righteous judgment (John 7:24) and we are duty-bound to fight for our Lord's righteousness in this lost and perverse generation. We are to speak truth to the lies of the atheist and we are to intercede on behalf of the innocent inundated by the filth that atheist-homosexuals-the abortion advocates/progressive socialists vomit on society. You are free to stand idly by, let us do the work, but please, get out of the way!

6) Atheists are not interested in the benefits of my Lord, they only serve their god, Satan, and they only seek to mock and ridicule and deny my Lord. I am not dealing with rational, ethical, individuals, I am dealing with the enemies of my Lord...you don't see this, obviously; therefore, please...mind your own business and prostelyze or do whatever it is you do.

7) Again, my message is the one laid upon my heart by the indwelling Holy Spirit. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the Holy Spirit. When my Lord is done with me, He will let me know...but you truly need to mind your own business and take your pancake religion to those who desire it. Have a great evening and thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I already know Jesus.
    @RickeyD. It is my business just as much as it is yours.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; The demons know Jesus as well, what's your point? (James 2:19) It's not "knowing" Jesus that profits anyone, it's repenting of your sin of lesbianism and the murder of babies in the womb and believing with a sincere heart and confessing with your mouth that Jesus is God who died to pay your sin-debt that is profitable to Eternal life (Romans 10:9-10).

@YeshuaRedeemed. Please quote the place where he said gays should be put to death.

Also he said homosexuality will lead to to hell, he didnt say you should go to hell.  There is a difference.
    Koxek99
    @MichaelElpers Then mind your own.
    smoothie
    @RickeyD What? I said just as you think it is your business, i also believe it is mine.  To point out that not all christians behave as you. (the holy spirit is calling me do so)

Koxek99
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    I do not really share this observation. From what I can see, religions, in contrary, are slowly fading away everywhere but in certain regions of the Middle East, and I do not see any massive resurgence of hate. Various groups come up every now and then, but overall their numbers seem to be dwindling.

The most hateful content I have encountered had nothing to do with religion and was derived from extreme nationalism. But if we are to stick purely to religion, then the time when I tried debating Islam with a couple of Muslim fundamentalists on a chess website certainly takes the cake. They told me that I would go to hell if I did not beat my girlfriend every now and then for disobedience, and that was one of the milder things they believed in.
    Koxek99
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot *****  Religion is funny like that, you start off with this message about love and morality, and then it gets twisted into a blood thirsty monster that thinks being atheist makes you automatically immoral, and experiencing sexual desires makes you a flawed dirty person.@Happy_Killbot

*****Religion is funny like that, you start off with this message about love and morality, and then it gets twisted into a blood thirsty monster that thinks being atheist makes you automatically immoral, and experiencing sexual desires makes you a flawed dirty person.****

Religions to me are regressive and divisive , there are the words of Jesus that talk about love , honour , justice etc , etc , but look at the words of god they are mostly petty , vengeful , spiteful and truly barabaic the Bible to me is one of the most immoral books ever written open almost any page and you will come across some spiteful or hateful petty grievance.

Here is a very amusing short thought provoking video from a favorite philosopher of mine https://youtu.be/lqEl_mt7Hhk

MichaelElpersKoxek99
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Koxek99

Are you maybe implying hate speech? 

"The most hateful religious content on the internet"

Koxek99
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Murder is divisive.

Terrorism is divisive.

A parent teaching their kids about Atheism is divisive.

And to be fair and equal, the non Religious view a Religious parent teaching their kids about Religion, is divisive.

It looks like Religion and Atheism to some, are placing Humanity into a corner? 

Would that be a fair and equal way to address your divisive commentary? 
    Koxek99
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** Murder is divisive.

Your god Murdered 25 million according to the Bible , your god in your own words is divisive 

****Terrorism is divisive.

Your god waged terrorist attacks on others , again your god is divisive 

****A parent teaching their kids about Atheism is divisive.

A parent teaching a child that supernatural entities do not control the world is a good parent and far from divisive 

****And to be fair and equal, the non Religious view a Religious parent teaching their kids about Religion, is divisive.

It’s brainwashing 

****It looks like Religion and Atheism to some, are placing Humanity into a corner? 

How is Atheism doing that?

****Would that be a fair and equal way to address your divisive commentary?  

My commentary is only divisive to you as you cannot handle the truth , you’ve just admitted your god is divisive 
    Koxek99
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

So the logical approach from your individual Atheist mindset, is to attack God?

"Your god Murdered 25 million according to the Bible, your god in your own words is divisive.

So you don't view man murdering man as divisive? 

"Your god waged terrorist attacks on others, again your god is divisive."

You do Atheistically realize, you are putting your words in God's mouth?

So you don't view man harming man via  terrorist attacks, as divisive? 

"A parent teaching a child that supernatural entities do not control the world is a good parent and far from divisive."

And you don't view an Atheist parent, teaching their kids about the Atheist way, as it's own form of brainwashing? 

The internet has a slew of pro Atheist websites being used to push their messaging don't they?

****And to be fair and equal, the non Religious view a Religious parent teaching their kids about Religion, is divisive.

"It’s brainwashing."

What non Religious Medical Journal, can you use to support your claim, that a Religious parent, teaching their kids about Religion is brainwashing?

****It looks like Religion and Atheism to some, are placing Humanity into a corner? 

"How is Atheism doing that?"

How many Atheist oriented debates, are in the Religion section of this website alone?

There are 300 plus debates available, some appear to be Atheist oriented, while the others appear to be Religious oriented?

I'll be equal and fair and guess, that there are roughly 150 of them are Atheist oriented, so it would appear, that there are 150 examples of Atheism putting Humanity into a corner?

Just as Terrorism places Life into a corner?

And just as Murder, places Life into a corner as well?

"My commentary is only divisive to you as you cannot handle the truth, you’ve just admitted your god is divisive."

I admit, that you like to put words into the mouths of those who do not share your Atheist ways.

I live the Truth, being that I'm pro Atheist, pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, and pro Community, and I have a feeling that you maybe disagree with that Truth? 

And I'm guessing that you're trying to put your words in God's own mouth:

And what Real World evidence, do you have to support your above claim?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

@TKDB

So the logical approach from your individual Atheist mindset, is to attack God?***

How is it an “attack” if he killed 25 million? Do you call it an “attack “ on Hitler if someone makes a similar claim if not why not?

*****So you don't view man murdering man as divisive? 

If a man murders a man how does that compare with a god murdering  25 million?

****You do Atheistically realize, you are putting your words in God's mouth?

I’m not do as you’ve never done read a bible it’s all there 

I see a god doing it to millions a lot worse do you not?

****And you don't view an Atheist parent, teaching their kids about the Atheist way, as it's own form of brainwashing? 

No I don’t , there is no evidence for a resurrected messiah who walked on water to be brainwashed is to tell a child Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead as there’s zero evidence for it

*****The  internet has a slew of pro Atheist websites being used to push their messaging don't they?

Yet the amount of sites for believers is in the millions all begging for money and pushing B S 

****What non Religious Medical Journal, can you use to support your claim, that a Religious parent, teaching their kids about Religion is brainwashing?

I don’t need a “journal” to back my claims up anyone that tells a child they will roast  in Hell for sinning is an abusive parent , anyone who tells a child they can have a relationship with a “supernatural “ entity that no one has ever seen , heard or touched is brainwashing that child 

*****I'll be equal and fair and guess, that there are roughly 150 of them are Atheist oriented, so it would appear, that there are 150 examples of Atheism putting Humanity into a corner?

It’s a debate site stop whining 

****Just as Terrorism places Life into a corner?

That makes no sense 

That makes no sense 

****I admit, that you like to put words into the mouths of those who do not share your Atheist ways.

How does that work?

****I live the Truth,

What truth? You mean what you think is true 

****being that I'm pro Atheist, pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, and pro Community, and I have a feeling that you maybe disagree with that Truth? 

What’s the truth you ? You’re pro nothing you give your butt buddy a hate filed bigot a fist bump everytime he attacks atheists and you support his views babies deserve to die of cancer so tell us again how exactly are you “pro humanity”?

****And I'm guessing that you're trying to put your words in God's own mouth:
    "Your god waged terrorist attacks on others, again your god is divisive.

So you’ve never read the Bible?

****And what Real World evidence, do you have to support your above claim?

It’s all there in the bible get a lend of one from your new butt buddy on here 

• TKDB said:
    @Dee

So the logical approach from your individual Atheist mindset, is to attack God?

"Your god Murdered 25 million according to the Bible, your god in your own words is divisive.

So you don't view man murdering man as divisive? 

You do Atheistically realize, you are putting your words in God's mouth?

"A parent teaching a child that supernatural entities do not control the world is a good parent and far from divisive."

And you don't view an Atheist parent, teaching their kids about the Atheist way, as it's own form of brainwashing? 

The internet has a slew of pro Atheist websites being used to push their messaging don't they?

"It’s brainwashing."

What non Religious Medical Journal, can you use to support your claim, that a Religious parent, teaching their kids about Religion is brainwashing?

"How is Atheism doing that?"

How many Atheist oriented debates, are in the Religion section of this website alone?

There are 300 plus debates available, some appear to be Atheist oriented, while the others appear to be Religious oriented?

I'll be equal and fair and guess, that there are roughly 150 of them are Atheist oriented, so it would appear, that there are 150 examples of Atheism putting Humanity into a corner?

Just as Terrorism places Life into a corner?

"My commentary is only divisive to you as you cannot handle the truth, you’ve just admitted your god is divisive."

I admit, that you like to put words into the mouths of those who do not share your Atheist ways.

I live the Truth, being that I'm pro Atheist, pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, and pro Community, and I have a feeling that you maybe disagree with that Truth? 

And I'm guessing that you're trying to put your words in God's own mouth:

And what Real World evidence, do you have to support your above claim?

Since you have said you are also pro atheist then why have you not called anyone out here on their extreme biased views against non religious people as well  exas theirt views against other religions?

Perhaps you mean something completely different when you claim to be fair and equal?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    This myth keeps being perpetrated by many religious people: that atheist parents "teach" their kids atheism. This is an instance of projection.

Most atheist parents, from my experience, never explicitly tell their kids about atheism. They just never talk about religion either, so kids have no reason to start following one. Usually they are exposed to religion for the first time at school, and treat it as just any other fiction.

In my case, I first heard the word "religion" when I was 6, when my grandparents tried explaining Christianity to me. It did not make much sense to me at the time, and despite being a little kid, I did not take the adults' word on this. I figured it was a sort of a game, like an adult pretending to be Santa Claus on Christmas. So I did not take it seriously and moved on.
    Imagine my surprise when in the 6th grade or so we read selected chapters from the Bible in the Literature class, and I found that many other kids in class would become dead serious and not react to my friendly jokes about the material, as they would when studying any other book. Moreover, I learned that the teacher took the writings seriously and thought that they described reality! I was absolutely shocked; I thought all adults were way beyond fairy tales.

I imagine that, had I grown in the US, I would have to confront this reality earlier. But growing up in early post-communist Russia where the topic of religion still was not big (it is far bigger now), I actually got to live for over 10 years completely oblivious to the fact that religion was a thing. I did not understand it then, and I do not understand it now - although, I suppose, I have quite a bit more insight on why people follow religion.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; The demons know Jesus as well, what's your point? (James 2:19) It's not "knowing" Jesus that profits anyone, it's repenting of your sin of lesbianism and the murder of babies in the womb and believing with a sincere heart and confessing with your mouth that Jesus is God who died to pay your sin-debt that is profitable to Eternal life (Romans 10:9-10).

I am in a saving relationshiip with Jesus, and you don't have the right to call me demonic. Reported for hate speech.
  • Dee said:

@TKDB

So the logical approach from your individual Atheist mindset, is to attack God?***

How is it an “attack” if he killed 25 million? Do you call it an “attack “ on Hitler if someone makes a similar claim if not why not?

*****So you don't view man murdering man as divisive? 

If a man murders a man how does that compare with a god murdering  25 million?

****You do Atheistically realize, you are putting your words in God's mouth?

I’m not do as you’ve never done read a bible it’s all there 

I see a god doing it to millions a lot worse do you not?

****And you don't view an Atheist parent, teaching their kids about the Atheist way, as it's own form of brainwashing? 

No I don’t , there is no evidence for a resurrected messiah who walked on water to be brainwashed is to tell a child Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead as there’s zero evidence for it

*****The  internet has a slew of pro Atheist websites being used to push their messaging don't they?

Yet the amount of sites for believers is in the millions all begging for money and pushing B S 

****What non Religious Medical Journal, can you use to support your claim, that a Religious parent, teaching their kids about Religion is brainwashing?

I don’t need a “journal” to back my claims up anyone that tells a child they will roast  in Hell for sinning is an abusive parent , anyone who tells a child they can have a relationship with a “supernatural “ entity that no one has ever seen , heard or touched is brainwashing that child 

*****I'll be equal and fair and guess, that there are roughly 150 of them are Atheist oriented, so it would appear, that there are 150 examples of Atheism putting Humanity into a corner?

It’s a debate site stop whining 

****Just as Terrorism places Life into a corner?

That makes no sense 

That makes no sense 

****I admit, that you like to put words into the mouths of those who do not share your Atheist ways.

How does that work?

****I live the Truth,

What truth? You mean what you think is true 

****being that I'm pro Atheist, pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, and pro Community, and I have a feeling that you maybe disagree with that Truth? 

What’s the truth you ? You’re pro nothing you give your butt buddy a hate filed bigot a fist bump everytime he attacks atheists and you support his views babies deserve to die of cancer so tell us again how exactly are you “pro humanity”?

****And I'm guessing that you're trying to put your words in God's own mouth:
    "Your god waged terrorist attacks on others, again your god is divisive.

So you’ve never read the Bible?

****And what Real World evidence, do you have to support your above claim?

It’s all there in the bible get a lend of one from your new butt buddy on here 

@Dee ; Have you also noticed how this guy claims he is also pro-atheist and an equal and fair conversationalist, yet he hasn't called anyone out on their hateful arguments to people that are non-religious as well as people of other religious beliefs? He has, however, agreed, and given these extremists great argument though when it is blatantly obvious that their arguments are nothing more but contempt for anyone who does not share the same belief system as them?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

*****  Have you also noticed how this guy claims he is also pro-atheist and an equal and fair conversationalist

Hi Z , I noticed that and he keeps saying it as he thinks we all fall for his lies. He licks RickD’s and gives him fist bumps for every hate remark he makes against atheists, he says he’s pro family yet when his buddy said cancer in children was just and fair the hypocrite TD gave him a big fat fist bump.

He’s never debated here his function is trolling and nothing else 
    ZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

"Since you have said you are also pro atheist then why have you not called anyone out here on their extreme biased views against non religious people as well as their views against other religions?

Because you, and @Dee, and whoever else, that are non Religious oriented, are entitled, to say what you want, whether its negative or not, yes, or no? 

And your individual choice words, are yours, to wear as you wish, or to discard, yes, or no?

So you, being positive, or negative is on you, isn't it?

IE, the above is me being fair and equal to you and @Dee both. 

Have you also noticed how this guy claims he is also pro-atheist and an equal and fair conversationalist, yet he hasn't called anyone out on their hateful arguments to people that are non-religious as well as people of other religious beliefs? He has, however, agreed, and given these extremists great argument though when it is blatantly obvious that their arguments are nothing more but contempt for anyone who does not share the same belief system as them?

@ZeusAres42

"Perhaps you mean something completely different when you claim to be fair and equal?"

Is there a such thing as a peaceful non Religious individual?

The type of non Religious individual, who doesn't go about attacking the Religious oriented individuals because they are peacefully pursuing their Religious  Freedoms?

Verses the other non Religious individuals, who do, go about using the internet to persecute the Religious oriented individuals? 

Is there such a difference?

I live the Truth, 

"What truth? You mean what you think is true."

I'm lying when I said this? 

(I'm pro Atheist, pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, and pro Community, and I have a feeling that you maybe disagree with that Truth?) 

@ZeusAres42 , do you have a problem with my above position?

Am I not allowed to have a position, because you maybe have a grievance with it?  

What is your position @ZeusAres42

Are you maybe non Religious oriented, as well as being pro Family, pro Community, and what else?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Dee

What does your response, have to do with the forum? 

"Hi Z , I noticed that and he keeps saying it as he thinks we all fall for his lies. He licks RickD’s and gives him fist bumps for every hate remark he makes against atheists, he says he’s pro family yet when his buddy said cancer in children was just and fair the hypocrite TD gave him a big fat fist bump.

He’s never debated here his function is trolling and nothing else."

• Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

*****  Have you also noticed how this guy claims he is also pro-atheist and an equal and fair conversationalist

Hi Z , I noticed that and he keeps saying it as he thinks we all fall for his lies. He licks RickD’s and gives him fist bumps for every hate remark he makes against atheists, he says he’s pro family yet when his buddy said cancer in children was just and fair the hypocrite TD gave him a big fat fist bump.

He’s never debated here his function is trolling and nothing else 
    I know. Both of them are retarded trolls. The trick with these guys is not to engage in serious discussion as they're not worthy. There are worthy of all the ridicule they get though. Such a shame about their lacking in any amount of grey matter eh?