frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What Education, is the best form of an Education?

Debate Information

Maybe the Internet?

Maybe your parents, or your family unit, or community?

Maybe the School system in your locality?

Maybe a Community College?

Maybe a household named College, or University?

Or maybe a combination of the above? 

Or maybe an education from none of the above, but maybe from a questionable mentor from the streets? 

What educational experiences, helped you in refining your well rounded educational background? 

With me, my family, community, local school system, the Internet, and some of the websites on the Internet, the old school journalism types, and the opinionated journalism types, based upon what News media outlet sources are presenting to the Public, via the news stories that they choose to cover, per day.

IE: CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NPR, OAN, NBC, FOX news, YouTube, the NRA, NAACP, ACLU, Black Lives Matters, ANTIFA, the Atheist Revolution, Parents Opposed to Pot, Citizens Against the Legalization of Marijuana, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, and the FBI.org website.

And the most educational LIBERAL news media anchor, that I know of is Mr. Chuck Todd, from Meet The Press.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Despite getting a lot of bad publicity recently, universities still remain by far the best place to get education (although corporate education is starting to seriously compete with them). If you manage to get into one of the top schools, such as Harvard or MIT, then you are going to be set for life, unless you choose an unmarketable major. Any university from the top-1000 universities in the world in reasonable rankings is going to give you great education, and if you use all the extra resources universities provide and do a lot of networking in your time there, then you are going to be a star on the job market.

Community colleges could be a good entry point for those who want to study at a prestigious university, but have less than stellar high school performance.
    Random small colleges I would avoid, unless you do not have strong ambitions in life and just want to get some basic skills.

Corporate training is great if you can get one, as it typically guarantees a job contract at the end, and you are going to be taught very practical skills, even if a bit one-dimensional.

The Internet obviously has the greatest education potential, but if you want to get self-educated that way, then you have to have a lot of self-discipline. The main reason guided education works best for most people is because the mentors push through your natural resistance and laziness and get you to study despite them.

Getting education from news media? Now that is a terrible idea, if I ever heard one.
    AlofRI
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar I may disagree with that slightly, universities are still the best way for one to get the most job opportunities, but i dont agree it gives you the best education.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Well, what, in your opinion, gives you better education than a high-ranked university, such as Harvard or Oxford? An undergraduate program in a STEM field in MIT or Princeton is going to push you to your limits and is going to do the same to your mind, as what the navy seal training does to your body.