frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are some of the Atheists on the internet, protesting Religion in a fair and equal way?

Debate Information

Yes or no?

Expressing that the Religious individuals who are teaching their kids about Religion should be viewed as child abusers?

That those who are defending Religion, should seek psychological or psychiatric help? 

Is ridicule a fair and equal way to protest Religion?

Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토smoothieHappy_Killbot

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020

****Are some of the Atheists on the internet, protesting Religion in a fair and equal way?

What would be an unfair and unequal way?

****Yes or no?

Yes in my case and others on here 

****Expressing that the Religious individuals who are teaching their kids about Religion should be viewed as child abusers?

If you teach your child about Hell fire that’s psychological abuse, teaching a child that they are a sinner and not worthy is child abuse , teaching a child to despise those who  are non believers and  evil is child abuse ......I could go on but there again you don’t think beating kids is child abuse so what’s the point? 

****That those who are defending Religion, should seek psychological or psychiatric help? 

I’ve never said that except regarding you as you are undoubtedly insane ,

****Is ridicule a fair and equal way to protest Religion?

It is as anyone who thinks an old man called Noah built an Ark with primitive tools  that housed  two of every animal in the world is entirely mock worthy as such idiocy’s  only response is an incredulous stare followed by roars of laughter 

PlaffelvohfensmoothieTKDB
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Dee

No, you're not fair and equal.

"What would be an unfair and unequal way?"

"Yes in my case and others on here"

"If you teach your child about Hell fire that’s psychological abuse, teaching a child that they are a sinner and not worthy is child abuse , teaching a child to despise those who  are non believers and  evil is child abuse."

"I could go on but there again you don’t think beating kids is child abuse so what’s the point?"

"I’ve never said that except regarding you as you are undoubtedly insane,"

"It is as anyone who thinks an old man called Noah built an Ark with primitive tools  that housed  two of every animal in the world is entirely mock worthy as such idiocy’s  only response is an incredulous stare followed by roars of laughter"

You ridicule, those who aren't Atheist minded, and call them names.

Along with playing your sad "Butthurt," rhetoric card, from time to time?

@ZeusAres42 isn't fair and equal either.

@Happy_Killbot isn't fair and equal either.

@Plaffelvohfen isn't fair and equal either.

But you all, are Atheistically fair and equal to yourselves.

I call the Atheist movement, a byproduct of the Epicurus Philosophies effect. 

Plaffelvohfen
    @Dee
    @ZeusAres42
    @Happy_Killbot
    @Plaffelvohfen

And this sad Atheist website, is also fair and equal to itself as well?

https://www.atheistrev.com/p/about.html?m=1

"About

Atheist Revolution

"Welcome to Atheist Revolution! This is a blog for people who are tired of irrational belief and religious extremism. Regular topics include atheism and a critique of religious belief; secular activism and the separation of church and state; and the application of skepticism, reason, and freethought to improve our world."

"I'm Jack (@vjack), and I write Atheist Revolution as a hobby. I live in a religiously oppressive part of the United States (i.e., Mississippi), and I started writing this blog in 2005 because I had so few opportunities to discuss my views offline. This blog reflects my interest in secularism and my commitment to improving the position of atheists in a world dominated by religious belief."

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    DeePlaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • More discrimination against Atheism from @TKDB I see. Same old, same old.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

How in your mind, do you allow any Religion to disturb your daily conscious, if no Religion is telling you to your face how to live your life?

If you're that bothered by any Religion, call 911, and file a Restraining Order, against any Religious building in your own neighborhood? 

@ZeusAres42

Does the Atheist movement, have a version of the ACLU, or the NAACP, in its pocket, to fight back against, what you individually  view as atheist discrimination?

"More discrimination against Atheism from @TKDB I see. Same old, same old."

Here's are some examples of Religious discrimination, that I have encountered from some of you:

Expressing that the Religious individuals who are teaching their kids about Religion should be viewed as child abusers?

That those who are defending Religion, should seek psychological or psychiatric help? 

ZeusAres42
    @Happy_Killbot

You shared a meme that says the below?

"Stop using religion as a crutch to hate people.
    Just say you're an blank, and we'll understand."

Im sorry, is that supposed to have any meaning to me?

Happy_Killbot
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Does the Atheist movement, have a version of the ACLU, or the NAACP, in its pocket, to fight back against, what you individually  view as atheist discrimination?

"More discrimination against Atheism from @TKDB I see. Same old, same old."

Since this atheism movement exists in no place other than your own mind @TKDB then no.

Here's are some examples of Religious discrimination, that I have encountered from some of you:

And where did I say this? Where is your evidence for this? You really wanna play that game of making stuff up about other people do you @TKDB?

@ZeusAres42

The Atheist Revolution website, isn't an Atheist movement?

This is your counter Atheist response?

"And where did I say this? Where is your evidence for this? You really wanna play that game of making stuff up about other people do you @TKDB?"

When hasn't some of the Atheists, that I have encountered hasn't ridiculed those who aren't Atheist minded unlike yourself?

I'll go get your own word's, to show you what you've said to me.

ZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2668 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

The Atheist Revolution website, isn't an Atheist movement?

This is your counter Atheist response?

"And where did I say this? Where is your evidence for this? You really wanna play that game of making stuff up about other people do you @TKDB?"

When hasn't some of the Atheists, that I have encountered hasn't ridiculed those who aren't Atheist minded unlike yourself?

I'll go get your own word's, to show you what you've said to me.

I said in in response to this

How is your other points relevant? Answer the question you coward.
    Dee

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Ridiculous idea deserves to be ridiculed... Theism is just one of those, that's only fair and equal to all other ridiculous ideas... 
    Dee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

"Since this atheism movement exists in no place other than your own mind @TKDB then no."

https://www.conservapedia.com/Decline_of_the_atheist_movement

"Decline of the atheist movement"

"Numerous atheists have declared that the "atheist movement is dead" or that it is dying.[2] In 2019, a writer at Freethought Blogs wrote: "Last month I looked at some postmortems of the atheist movement...".[3] See also: Morale of the atheist movement"

"Division is widespread among atheists (see: Atheist factions)."

"Before the atheist movement died/declined, various atheists attempted to change the public's perception concerning atheism, but they were largely unsuccessful (see: Attempts to positively rebrand atheism and Atheism and public relations).,

"After the Elevatorgate controversy in 2011 (a controversy involving new atheist Richard Dawkins and feminist Rebecca Watson), which caused a significant rift within the atheism movement, atheist Jen McCreight and the website Atheist Revolution indicated that the atheist movement was essentially dead/destroyed.[4] See also: Atheism and women and Atheism and sexism"

In 2017, atheist David Smalley has indicated that leftist/progressive atheists were "killing the atheist movement" through being contentious and divisive (see also: Atheist factions).[5] Smalley indicated that the atheist movement was disintegrating.[6] Former new atheist PZ Myers, who subscribes to progressive politics, says he is no longer a member of the atheist movement.[7]

In terms of politics and atheist infighting, there is friction between right-wing atheists (and right of center atheists) and secular leftist. See: Atheism and politics and Western atheism, schisms and political polarization

The website Atheism and the City wrote about the 2018 cancellation of the first major atheist conference to be held in New York City:

But none of this is going to happen now because the event has just been canceled. The reasons why are complicated, but it started out difficult enough. The atheist community has splintered into a million shards in recent years. There are the atheist feminists and the atheist anti-feminists, the social justice warrior atheists and the anti-social justice warrior atheists. The pro-PC atheists and the anti-PC atheists. There are pro-Trump atheists and anti pro-Trump atheists. Atheists are split over gamergate, elevatorgate, whether we should organize, or whether we should even call ourselves atheists at all. The divisions go on and on.[8]

In 2018, the atheist PZ Myers quotes an atheist activist who declares: "It’s quite depressing that movement Atheism has turned into such a joke. I valued it so much once."[9] Furthermore, Myers says the atheist movement is in "shambles" and this is "quite depressing" for him.[10]

The atheist activist Hemant Mehta argues that there never was an atheist movement and that people who wanted their to be an atheist movement wrongly assumed "there’s some list of beliefs everyone has to subscribe to." (See also: Schools of atheist thought)[11] Similarly, a blogger at Freethought Blogs indicates: "To be honest, I never saw "atheism” as much of a “movement” as an uneasy coalition, which may, in fact, now be unraveling."[12]

The atheist movement saw a number of setbacks during the latter portion of the 20th century and beyond in terms of historical events/trends (See: Causes of desecularization). As a result, it has lost a considerable amount of confidence (see also: Atheists and the endurance of religion).

Atheist organizations have experienced large drops in donations to their organizations (see: Atheist organizations and fundraising). 

@ZeusAres42

There are multiple mentions of the words "Atheist movement," from the above article.

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42Dee
  • Atheophobia

Atheophobia is a term used to describe the fear, distrust, or hatred of atheists or atheism. Like homophobia and transphobia, it is largely driven by fear and anger at the loss of religious privilege, as well as dogma-based biases/prejudices.
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot

• "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." —Unknown
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotDee

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

****No, you're not fair and equal.

Yes I am , which is why you have no valid arguments to support your “position” 

"What would be an unfair and unequal way?"

"Yes in my case and others on here"

"If you teach your child about Hell fire that’s psychological abuse, teaching a child that they are a sinner and not worthy is child abuse , teaching a child to despise those who  are non believers and  evil is child abuse."

****You ridicule, those who aren't Atheist minded, and call them names.

I don’t , I ridicule idiots like you I’m married to a Christian you clot. You’re an that’s a fact every line you write is testimony to the veracity of my words 

****Along with playing your sad "Butthurt," rhetoric card, from time to time?

It’s not a card , it’s a form do you require another?

@ZeusAres42 isn't fair and equal either.

@Happy_Killbot isn't fair and equal either.

@Plaffelvohfen isn't fair and equal****

Why don't you get god to smite them?

****But you all, are Atheistically fair and equal to yourselves.

So you want us to be unfair to ourselves? You say some incredibly things 

****I call the Atheist movement, a byproduct of the Epicurus Philosophies effect. 

I know , it’s another example of your stupidity in print 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** And this sad Atheist website, is also fair and equal to itself as well?

Why don’t  you pay them a visit and present them with your latest Butt Hurt form?  That of course  is when you stop sobbing uncontrollably .......
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    Its free speech and freedom of ideas, it is all fair. Its up to others to judge the argument for themselves or to provide their arguments showing others that the "unfair" argument is unfair/illogical.
    ZeusAres42Happy_Killbot
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

The below Atheist movement information, appears to suggest that your Atheist perceptions are unsupportable.

"Before the atheist movement died/declined, various atheists attempted to change the public's perception concerning atheism, but they were largely unsuccessful (see: Attempts to positively rebrand atheism and Atheism and public relations).,

"After the Elevatorgate controversy in 2011 (a controversy involving new atheist Richard Dawkins and feminist Rebecca Watson), which caused a significant rift within the atheism movement, atheist Jen McCreight and the website Atheist Revolution indicated that the atheist movement was essentially dead/destroyed.[4] See also: Atheism and women and Atheism and sexism"

In 2017, atheist David Smalley has indicated that leftist/progressive atheists were "killing the atheist movement" through being contentious and divisive (see also: Atheist factions).[5] Smalley indicated that the atheist movement was disintegrating.[6] Former new atheist PZ Myers, who subscribes to progressive politics, says he is no longer a member of the atheist movement.[7] "

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

The below Atheist movement information, appears to suggest that your Atheist perceptions are unsupportable.

In 2017, atheist David Smalley has indicated that leftist/progressive atheists were "killing the atheist movement" through being contentious and divisive (see also: Atheist factions).[5] Smalley indicated that the atheist movement was disintegrating.[6] Former new atheist PZ Myers, who subscribes to progressive politics, says he is no longer a member of the atheist movement.[7] "

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Are you an Atheist?

"Its free speech and freedom of ideas, it is all fair. Its up to others to judge the argument for themselves or to provide their arguments showing others that the "unfair" argument is unfair/illogical.,

I disagree with you, my argument is both fair and equal, and is very logical.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDB said:
    @MichaelElpers

Are you an Atheist?

"Its free speech and freedom of ideas, it is all fair. Its up to others to judge the argument for themselves or to provide their arguments showing others that the "unfair" argument is unfair/illogical.,

I disagree with you, my argument is both fair and equal, and is very logical.

No, he isn't an Atheist but he is a fair and equal debater. Oh wait, I forgot, anyone that isn't you must be an Athiest right?

MichaelElpersPlaffelvohfen

@TKDB. Its what zeus said.  I find nearly any argument fair as long as it is not straight up lying

Is ridicule a fair and equal way to protest slavery?

Nearly arguments are fair...if you think they were being unfair you can try to argue that they are being jerks or are posing a bad argument.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

*****The below Atheist movement information, appears to suggest that your Atheist perceptions are unsupportable.

I never heard of them and I couldn't care less what they think , why don't you write to Dawkins and wag your finger at him in rage or do your  usual and cry .......
    Plaffelvohfen
    @ZeusAres42

There you go with the ridicule.

"No, he isn't an Atheist but he is a fair and equal debater. Oh wait, I forgot, anyone that isn't you must be an Athiest right?"

Any comment for the below argument?

In 2017, atheist David Smalley has indicated that leftist/progressive atheists were "killing the atheist movement" through being contentious and divisive."

Are some Atheists contentious and divisive?

@Dee

"In 2017, atheist David Smalley has indicated that leftist/progressive atheists were "killing the atheist movement" through being contentious and divisive."

@Dee Are some Atheists contentious and divisive?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Please have a look at the Atheist information:

@MichaelElpers

They read the above, and the messenger will be attacked.

@ZeusAres42

Atheophobia is a term used to describe the fear, distrust, or hatred of atheists or atheism. Like homophobia and transphobia, it is largely driven by fear and anger at the loss of religious privilege, as well as dogma-based biases/prejudices. 

And Atheism isn't prejudicial towards peaceful Religious individuals?

How in your mind, do you allow any Religion to disturb your daily conscious, if no Religion is telling you to your face how to live your life?

@ZeusAres42

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/AtheophobiaAtheophobia

Going One God Further
    Atheism
    Icon atheismsvg
    Key Concepts
    Articles to not believe in
    Notable freethinkers
    v - t - e

Atheophobia is a term used to describe the fear, distrust, or hatred of atheists or atheism. Like homophobia and transphobia, it is largely driven by fear and anger at the loss of religious privilege, as well as dogma-based biases/prejudices.

Expressions of atheophobia[edit]

Atheophobia expresses itself in the form of generalised attacks on all atheists, as if they were of one mind and one will (in fact, some conservative atheophobes will often refer to atheists as “the atheist”, as if to punctuate the point). Claims about atheists made by atheophobes include such diverse elements as:

• moral inferiority of atheists/atheism[1][2][3]
    • evilness of atheists[4]
    • atheists have rejected God and embrace sin (or rejected God to embrace sin)[5][note 1]
    • atheists wish to destroy religion and abolish religious holidays[6][7][8][9]
    • atheists have meaningless or decadent lives[10]
    • atheists should not be allowed to express their lack of belief[11]
    • atheists are a corrupting influence[12]
    • atheists are unsuited to responsibility[13]
    • atheists get to have Saturday and Sunday mornings off and it's just not fair
    • atheists get to do more fun things in their lives and it’s just not fair
    • atheists don’t have to ask for anything and it’s just not fair
    • atheists lead lives that are empty and degenerate[4]
    • atheists are just college kids wishing to escape personal responsibility[14 "

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** "In 2017, atheist David Smalley has indicated that leftist/progressive atheists were "killing the atheist movement" through being contentious and divisive."

I don’t know the guy nor do I give a flying f—k what he thinks or says , why don’t you ask him you ?

*****Are some Atheists contentious and divisive?

The only ones I know are on here and they’re rational and reasonable ,why don’t you go get these big bad atheists you’re so Butt Hurt about? 

@TKDB. Im not sure what your response has to do with my reply or topic.

All you did was post anecdotal proof showing atheism is bad.
    ZeusAres42
  • @TKDB. Im not sure what your response has to do with my reply or topic.

All you did was post anecdotal proof showing atheism is bad.
    The guy has a phobia of atheism and is also not able to differentiate between atheism and antitheism.

Now his argument is about something derogatory about the psychology of atheophobia. 

Anyway whatever the story is with @TKDB one thing we can be sure of is that he is not here to have a debate.
    Plaffelvohfen

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

The information is from the Atheist Revolution website itself.

ZeusAres42 shared his word

"Atheophobia is a term used to describe the fear, distrust, or hatred of atheists or atheism. Like homophobia and transphobia, it is largely driven by fear and anger at the loss of religious privilege, as well as dogma-based biases/prejudices."

The information speaks for itself.

Going One God Further
    Atheism
    Icon atheismsvg
    Key Concepts
    Notable freethinkers
    v - t - e

Atheophobia expresses itself in the form of generalised attacks on all atheists, as if they were of one mind and one will (in fact, some conservative atheophobes will often refer to atheists as “the atheist”, as if to punctuate the point). Claims about atheists made by atheophobes include such diverse elements as:

• atheists have rejected God and embrace sin (or rejected God to embrace sin)[5][note 1]
    @ZeusAres42

"Are some of the Atheists on the internet, protesting Religion in a fair and equal way?"

You're making my point for me @ZeusAres42

"The guy has a phobia of atheism and is also not able to differentiate between atheism and antitheism.

Now his argument is about something derogatory about the psychology of atheophobia. 

Anyway whatever the story is with @TKDB one thing we can be sure of is that he is not here to have a debate."

And in my own defense, I'm not being prejudicial, being that I'm pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, pro Non Religious, and pro Community.

Those who have a pro Religious Freedom mindset, or are living their non Religious lives without being Prejudicial towards other's, they are the individuals who are living their lives without any Self Created Phobias.

I've never seen an Atheist at any Religious building, acting prejudicial towards any Religious building, or at the Religious participants, but if I look up Religion and prejudice, there is plenty to be found on the internet, it would seem? 

And on some Atheist websites, there is conversation about Atheist discrimination.

And in that same light, there is the existence of Religious discrimination.

• TKDB said:
    @MichaelElpers

The information is from the Atheist Revolution website itself.

ZeusAres42 shared his word

"Atheophobia is a term used to describe the fear, distrust, or hatred of atheists or atheism. Like homophobia and transphobia, it is largely driven by fear and anger at the loss of religious privilege, as well as dogma-based biases/prejudices."

Going One God Further
    Atheism
    Icon atheismsvg
    Key Concepts
    Notable freethinkers
    v - t - e

And the same old attacking the person/source/authors argument. The only thing you accomplish when you do this @TKDB is just making yourself look stupidly desperate. 
    Plaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42

"And the same old attacking the person/source/authors argument. The only thing you accomplish when you do this @TKDB is just making yourself look stupidly desperate."

You say the above because you have no counter argument.

Below is the theme of the forum, and again you're being off topic.

"Are some of the Atheists on the internet, protesting Religion in a fair and equal way?"

You're making my point for me @ZeusAres42

"The guy has a phobia of atheism and is also not able to differentiate between atheism and antitheism."

"Now his argument is about something derogatory about the psychology of atheophobia."

"Anyway whatever the story is with @TKDB one thing we can be sure of is that he is not here to have a debate."

And in my own defense, I'm not being prejudicial, being that I'm pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, pro Non Religious, and pro Community.

Those who have a pro Religious Freedom mindset, or are living their non Religious lives without being Prejudicial towards other's, they are the individuals who are living their lives without any Self Created Phobias.

I've never seen an Atheist at any Religious building, acting prejudicial towards any Religious building, or at the Religious participants, but if I look up Religion and prejudice, there is plenty to be found on the internet, it would seem? 

And on some Atheist websites, there is conversation about Atheist discrimination.

• @TKDB

How exactly is expressing nothing more than contempt for atheism fair and equal? And how exactly does that advance you?

And no my argument here is not against religion even though you like to portray it that way. My argument is against your very apparent strong aversion to all atheists and your fallacious portrayal of them all being part of some hostile movement and as if they're "one big closed mind."

I mean do you even know what the words fair, equal, and individual mean?
    Plaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42

And you've educated me on how you will apparently view my words, to self serve your individual perception.

"How exactly is expressing nothing more than contempt for atheism fair and equal? And how exactly does that advance you?"

"And no my argument here is not against religion even though you like to portray it that way. My argument is against your very apparent strong aversion to all atheists and your fallacious portrayal of them all being part of some hostile movement and as if they're "one big closed mind."
    (And you are entitled to word this specific paragraph as you wish to, but I disagree with you.)

"I mean do you even know what the words fair, equal, and individual mean?"

I have expressed ZERO contempt against any Atheist.

Show me, where I have expressed any anti Atheist contempt towards you?

I've shared links to websites, that have exhibited examples of contempt via their very own website, or websites.
    These two for example:

https://www.atheistrev.com/p/about.html?m=1

"Welcome to Atheist Revolution! This is a blog for people who are tired of irrational belief and religious extremism. Regular topics include atheism and a critique of religious belief; secular activism and the separation of church and state; and the application of skepticism, reason, and freethought to improve our world."

And I'll reiterate this debate point again:

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** , there is the existence of Religious discrimination. 

Where you live if one is in  politics and claims to be an Atheist it’s regarded as political suicide , now that’s discrimination for you , you really are a prize but I can’t condemn you for that as I guess it’s genetic 

• Dee said:
    @TKDB

***** , there is the existence of Religious discrimination. 

Where you live if one is in  politics and claims to be an Atheist it’s regarded as political suicide , now that’s discrimination for you , you really are a prize but I can’t condemn you for that as I guess it’s genetic 
    That is spot on and as my other debate thread demonstrates this is backed up by lots of research too. FYI, Atheophobia is actually a condition backed up by multiple official sources. For some reason, Atheists in the USA are hated more than most other groups of people.

While freedom of religion and speech is protected in the United States, the report said, a social and political climate prevails “in which atheists and the non-religious are made to feel like lesser Americans, or non-Americans.”

In at least seven U.S. states, constitutional provisions are in place that bar atheists from public office and one state, Arkansas, has a law that bars an atheist from testifying as a witness at a trial, the report said. Atheists around world suffer persecution, discrimination: reportRobert Evans - https://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/2012/12/10/atheists-around-world-suffer-persecution-discrimination-report/wcm/98211435-2523-4d15-8dfb-22757e0b3ae2
    We don't have this issue in most of Europe and the UK where I'm from. One would have thought that the USA would have evolved beyond this point by now. We in Europe are no strangers to this mentality as it is the kind of thing we learn about in our history classes at school! @Dee

@ZeusAres42

"That is spot on and as my other debate thread demonstrates this is backed up by lots of research too. FYI, Atheophobia is actually a condition backed up by multiple official sources. For some reason, Atheists in the USA are hated more than most other groups of people."

"We don't have this issue in most of Europe and the UK where I'm from. One would have thought that the USA would have evolved beyond this point by now. We in Europe are no strangers to this mentality as it is the kind of thing we learn about in our history classes at school! @Dee"

The prime examples of Religious discrimination that I have seen, are by some of the internet based Atheists, from various parts of the Globe, who use the internet, not to debate the Religious individuals in any sort of a fair and equal manner? (Maybe the artificial disguise provided by ones own electronic device,) and the internet combined, are why there are various examples of Religious discrimination are as bountiful as they are depending on how far their individual non Religious discrimination goes, per individual, per mindset.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_discrimination

"Religious discrimination"

"Religious discrimination is treating a person or group differently because of the particular beliefs which they hold about a religion. This includes instances when adherents of different religionsdenominations or non-religions are treated unequally due to their particular beliefs, either before the law or in institutional settings, such as employment or housing.

Religious discrimination is related to religious persecution, the most extreme forms of which would include instances in which people have been executed for beliefs perceived to be heretical. Laws which only carry light punishments are described as mild forms of religious persecution or as religious discrimination.

Even in societies where freedom of religion is a constitutional right, adherents of religious minorities sometimes voice concerns about religious discrimination against them. Insofar as legal policies are concerned, cases that are perceived as religious discrimination might be the result of an interference of the religious sphere with other spheres of the public that are regulated by law (and not aimed specifically against a religious minority)."

"United States"

"In a 1979 consultation on the issue, the United States Commission on Civil Rights defined religious discrimination in relation to the civil rights guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Whereas religious civil liberties, such as the right to hold or not to hold a religious belief, are essential for Freedom of Religion (in the United States secured by the First Amendment), religious discrimination occurs when someone is denied "the equal protection of the laws, equality of status under the law, equal treatment in the administration of justice, and equality of opportunity and access to employment, education, housing, public services and facilities, and public accommodation because of their exercise of their right to religious freedom".[1] "

• TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

"That is spot on and as my other debate thread demonstrates this is backed up by lots of research too. FYI, Atheophobia is actually a condition backed up by multiple official sources. For some reason, Atheists in the USA are hated more than most other groups of people."

"We don't have this issue in most of Europe and the UK where I'm from. One would have thought that the USA would have evolved beyond this point by now. We in Europe are no strangers to this mentality as it is the kind of thing we learn about in our history classes at school! Dee"

The prime examples of Religious discrimination that I have seen, are by some of the internet based Atheists, from various parts of the Globe, who use the internet, not to debate the Religious individuals in any sort of a fair and equal manner? (Maybe the artificial disguise provided by ones own electronic device,) and the internet combined, are why there are various examples of Religious discrimination are as bountiful as they are depending on how far their individual non Religious discrimination goes, per individual, per mindset.

Well, that is your view from your own individual mindset. It's not the real world though @TKDB. So why is it that you have the view that all Atheists are hostile, evil people that protest religion and need to be hated? And I don't have this view about all people that are religious and never have expressed contempt for them like you have multiple times on this site for Atheists. So, why is that your so Uncomfortable with Atheism? Why do you have this very narrow view stemming from your own individual mindset?

@ZeusAres42

"Well, that is your view from your own individual mindset. It's not the real world though @TKDB. So why is it that you have the view that all Atheists are hostile, evil people that protest religion and need to be hated?"

(I didn't say that all Atheists are hostile, evil people that protest religion and need to be hated?) You wrote this all by yourself.

But what I did say, was this:
    (Those who have a pro Religious Freedom mindset, or are living their non Religious lives without being Prejudicial towards other's, they are the individuals who are living their lives without any Self Created Phobias.)

"And I don't have this view about all people that are religious and never have expressed contempt for them like you have multiple times on this site for Atheists. So, why is that your so Uncomfortable with Atheism? Why do you have this very narrow view stemming from your own individual mindset?"

(And the same response to your above claim.
    Those who have a pro Religious Freedom mindset, or are living their non Religious lives without being Prejudicial towards other's, they are the individuals who are living their lives without any Self Created Phobias.)

There are plenty of Real World situations below:

https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-religious-discrimination

"11 FACTS ABOUT RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION"

"Welcome to DoSomething.org, a global movement of millions of young people making positive change, online and off!"

"The 11 facts you want are below, and the sources for the facts are at the very bottom of the page. After you learn something, Do Something! Find out how to take action here. "

1. "Religious discrimination is unequal treatment of an individual or group based on their beliefs.[1]
    2. In 2012, religious hostilities increased in every major region of the world except the Americas.[2]
    3. While Americans are protected under the First Amendment to practice religion freely, hundreds of countries are not protected by their government and instead harassed for their beliefs.[3]
    4. In a four-year study of religious discrimination around the world (2006-2010), Christians were the most-discriminated against group, experiencing harassment by the government and society in 168 countries.[4]
    5. Muslims make up the second largest religious population in the world and were discriminated against in 121 countries worldwide between 2006 and 2010.[5]
    6. As of, 2009-2010, countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Indonesia had high restrictions on religious freedom.[6]
    7. Harassment of women over religious dress occurred in nearly 1/3 of countries in 2012[7]
    8. Jews make up less than 1% of the population, yet experience discrimination in 85 countries — the third most of any religious group.[8]
    9. After the political uprisings in 2010-2011 known as the Arab Spring, the Middle East and North Africa experienced an increase in religious hostilities.[9]
    10. Government hostilities can include favoritism of a religious group, limits on conversion, foreign missionaries, attempts to eliminate a group, prohibition of worship or practice of certain beliefs, violence towards a minority group, and more.[10]
    11. Nearly 50% of countries increased their religious discrimination between 2009 and 2010, and only 32% saw decreases.[11] "

More on religious discrimination.

https://www.justice.gov/Combating Religious Discrimination And Protecting Religious Freedom

"COMBATING RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION AND PROTECTING RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

Protecting the Religious Freedom of All: Federal Laws Against Religious Discrimination"

"In this Land of equal liberty it is our boast, that a man's religious tenets will not forfeit the protection of the Laws, nor deprive him of the right of attaining and holding the highest Offices that are known in the United States."

George Washington

"Introduction

Religious liberty was central to the Founders' vision for America, and is the "first freedom" listed in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights. A critical component of religious liberty is the right of people of all faiths to participate fully in the benefits and privileges of society without facing discrimination based on their religion.

The Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice enforces federal statutes that prohibit discrimination based on religion in education, employment, housing, public accommodations, and access to public facilities. In addition, the Civil Rights Division prosecutes bias crimes committed against individuals because of their religion and acts of vandalism and arson against houses of worship. The Civil Rights Division also is authorized to bring suit to enforce the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000 (RLUIPA), which protects individuals and houses of worship from discriminatory and unduly burdensome zoning regulations, and protects the religious exercise of prisoners and other institutionalized persons.

This brochure provides an introduction to the laws against religious discrimination enforced by the Department of Justice, and information on how to report claims to the various sections of the Civil Rights Division and where to learn more about your rights."

@ZeusAres42

**** We don't have this issue in most of Europe and the UK where I'm from. One would have thought that the USA would have evolved beyond this point by now. We in Europe are no strangers to this mentality as it is the kind of thing we learn about in our history classes at school! 

Thats so true European religious belief has lost its tooth (mostly) and softened in attitude not so the American model of such where religion seems to affect the whole of society from the top down , even the idiotic president claims to be a believer for fear of losing his voting base says it all really .

Interesting piece below .....

Atheists are one of the most disliked groups in America. Only 45 percent of Americans say they would vote for a qualified atheist presidential candidate, and atheists are rated as the least desirable group for a potential son-in-law or daughter-in-law to belong to. Will Gervais at the University of British Columbia recently published a set of studies looking at why atheists are so disliked. His conclusion: It comes down to trust.

Gervais and his colleagues presented participants with a story about a person who accidentally hits a parked car and then fails to leave behind valid insurance information for the other driver. Participants were asked to choose the probability that the person in question was a Christian, a Muslim, a rapist, or an atheist. They thought it equally probable the culprit was an atheist or a rapist, and unlikely the person was a Muslim or Christian. In a different study, Gervais looked at how atheism influences people’s hiring decisions. People were asked to choose between an atheist or a religious candidate for a job requiring either a high or low degree of trust. For the high-trust job of daycare worker, people were more likely to prefer the religious candidate. For the job of waitress, which requires less trust, the atheists fared much better.

ZeusAres42
    @TKDB

***** The prime examples of Religious discrimination that I have seen, are by some of the internet based Atheists, from various parts of the Globe, who use the internet, not to debate the Religious individuals in any sort of a fair and equal manner? (Maybe the artificial disguise provided by ones own electronic device,) and the internet combined, are why there are various examples of Religious discrimination are as bountiful as they are depending on how far their individual non Religious discrimination goes, per individual, per mindset.

You don’t know what “ fair and equal “ is you Troll , you call any criticism of your religion discrimination, your offence is not an argument it’s just the antics of a typical Butt Hurt empty headed American Bible thumper 
    ZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

You're stereotyping yourself with your own non Religious words:

"You don’t know what “ fair and equal “ is you Troll , you call any criticism of your religion discrimination, your offence is not an argument it’s just the antics of a typical Butt Hurt empty headed American Bible thumper."

You as well have made my argument for me.
    @Dee

(Do you know if the individuals who conducted the study, are maybe non Religious individuals, themselves?)

"Do you believe in atheists? Distrust is central to anti-atheist prejudice."

Author information

Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. will@psych.ubc.ca

Abstract

"Recent polls indicate that atheists are among the least liked people in areas with religious majorities (i.e., in most of the world). The sociofunctional approach to prejudice, combined with a cultural evolutionary theory of religion's effects on cooperation, suggest that anti-atheist prejudice is particularly motivated by distrust. Consistent with this theoretical framework, a broad sample of American adults revealed that distrust characterized anti-atheist prejudice but not anti-gay prejudice (Study 1). In subsequent studies, distrust of atheists generalized even to participants from more liberal, secular populations. A description of a criminally untrustworthy individual was seen as comparably representative of atheists and rapists but not representative of Christians, Muslims, Jewish people, feminists, or homosexuals (Studies 2-4). In addition, results were consistent with the hypothesis that the relationship between belief in God and atheist distrust was fully mediated by the belief that people behave better if they feel that God is watching them (Study 4). In implicit measures, participants strongly associated atheists with distrust, and belief in God was more strongly associated with implicit distrust of atheists than with implicit dislike of atheists (Study 5). Finally, atheists were systematically socially excluded only in high-trust domains; belief in God, but not authoritarianism, predicted this discriminatory decision-making against atheists in high trust domains (Study 6). These 6 studies are the first to systematically explore the social psychological underpinnings of anti-atheist prejudice, and converge to indicate the centrality of distrust in this phenomenon."

"Atheists are one of the most disliked groups in America. Only 45 percent of Americans say they would vote for a qualified atheist presidential candidate, and atheists are rated as the least desirable group for a potential son-in-law or daughter-in-law to belong to. Will Gervais at the University of British Columbia recently published a set of studies looking at why atheists are so disliked. His conclusion: It comes down to trust."

Gervais and his colleagues presented participants with a story about a person who accidentally hits a parked car and then fails to leave behind valid insurance information for the other driver. Participants were asked to choose the probability that the person in question was a Christian, a Muslim, a rapist, or an atheist. They thought it equally probable the culprit was an atheist or a rapist, and unlikely the person was a Muslim or Christian. In a different study, Gervais looked at how atheism influences people’s hiring decisions. People were asked to choose between an atheist or a religious candidate for a job requiring either a high or low degree of trust. For the high-trust job of daycare worker, people were more likely to prefer the religious candidate. For the job of waitress, which requires less trust, the atheists fared much better."

ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** (Do you know if the individuals who conducted the study, are maybe non Religious individuals, themselves?)

What a typically question , read the survey again you clot they garnered opinions from the American public who are mostly Christian , so its the public’s opinion and not theres. You really are offensively stupud