frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The original snowflakes

Debate Information

According to Urban dictionary:

Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

Seems like every time I interact with anyone who is deeply religious, they always exhibit these characteristics exactly. This is not only a problem today, but it seems to be a deep epistemic problem emerging from the false narrative they are spoon feed as a kid. Abrahamic Religions in particular, are taught that the world is special and unique and that they are special and unique, and that only those who believe what they believe will be able to go to heaven. We can see this line of thinking throughout history, starting with the assumption that the earth is at the center of the cosmos, and that we are the only important thing there is.

So often are they unable to see the world for what it is or accept any kind of subjugation, that they have constructed such a persistent set of lies they accept without evidence, on "faith" that they claim is somehow a virtue. None of it makes any sense of course, but when you are so blinded by delusion that you can't see the lack of evidence, this matters little.

Sometimes the religious will play the victim, acting like they are somehow an embattled minority despite being in the majority. When they receive any amount of criticism, it is "unfair and biased" against them and their religion. In the most religious countries, you can even be executed just for having the wrong faith.

They think they have the right to change others to their traditions and beliefs, instead of treating everyone like a free independent person who can find their own way. Religion is know for censorship and thought control, when this privilege is relieved they behave as though they were deprived the right to life itself.

These are all actions of snowflakes, the original snowflakes.
smoothiePlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
Through a long process of evolution this life 
developed into the human race.
Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You’re spot on , religion is a poison and a blight on society and those that believe in a god are suffering from a delusion.....

delusion
    /dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n/

noun
    1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

It’s remarkable in this day and age that belief in a creator god is seen as a norm when the opposite is true. Believers in a god try and push their nonsense into every aspect of life as in , politics , schoolrooms and the workplace and cry like spoiled children when they don’t get their way.

Dawkins years ago called religion a virus that infects and destroys young minds and he pointed out the insanity of parents who describe children as “Christian “  “Muslim” . “Mormon” children etc , etc , you never hear parents label their kids as capitalist kids , communist kids , Democrat kids , Republican kids , one has to embrace irrationality to be a believer.

Believers totally ignore the unpalatable parts of their books written by savage Bronze Age goat herds , watch on this site where Christians try and re - interpret the Bible verses that clearly state slavery is perfectly acceptable, the whine and cry like babies at the injustice and unfairness of people like me who use their very bible and it’s words to demonstrate that their god and Jesus totally approved of slavery.

To defend such clearly demonstrates one is suffering  from a delusion and they have no wish to have their flimsy world view shattered so collectively bury their heads in the sand .....The original Snowflakes very apt indeed 

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    @Dee. There is no reality or rational argument that depicts that God does not exist.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

****** There is no reality or rational argument that depicts that God does not exist.

Right , so using that logic one could easily say there is no reality or rational argument that depicts that Zeus , Thor , Odin , Big Foot , Unicorns , The Loch Ness monster do not exist.

This is the absurd reasoning believers use which is totally irrational , the burden of proof is squarely on the believer  in such nonsense to prove their claim that they have a “relationship “ with a supernatural entity that cannot be seen , heard or touched yet exists .....No one has come close to doing so yet why’s that do you think?
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @Dee @MichaelElpers We aren't discussing the merits of any given beliefs here, we are supposed to be discussing the actions of those whose beliefs are criticized. This same logic applies to ideologues and the close minded who have high conviction in general.
    ZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@Happy_Killbot i generally dont criticize the actions of a group of people unless the group has a doctrine that states that the individuals in the group do criticizable actions.

I think it is somewhat disingenuous to use "believers" as having this problem.  While there are radicals and in general people that represent religion in a bad light, I as a Catholic agree with the separation of Church and State and dont believe my religion should dictate how other people must behave, and there is nothing in my doctrine that tells me to force them on others; suggestions are appropriate however.

@MichaelElpers There are however, parts of the bible that pertain to Christians as a group being special, and even if the doctrine doesn't necessarily say that you should force people into religion there are parts that make claims of getting/keeping people in religion.

For example, the bible refers to Israelites as gods chosen people and the earth as the center of the cosmos. The creation story in genesis makes no mention of other worlds, it is inherently earth-centered. Then there is the heaven/hell doctrine, where only believers can go to heaven and sinners and non-believers go to hell. These themes are also present in other religions such as Islam.

If you tune into any news source, although it is much, much, more prevalent among right wing news sources, you will occasionally see a figure head or even a politician say things like "We as Christians are under attack from <x> and we must stand together to defend our beliefs and our nation" When the reality is that there isn't any threat, and the person saying these things is just acting as a puppet master to manipulate the populace.

If people were not snowflakes, such calls to action would be largely ineffective, and this is a direct mirror to what we often see on college campuses where immature adult-children need their "safe space" instead of actively engaging in ideas and thinking critically. The rage and outcry you see from these types is the exact same response you see from religious extremists and fundamentalists when challenged.
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie

@Happy_Killbot. There is no discriminatory means that keep someone from becoming a Christian though.  A christian is just someone who believes jesus is the Savior, and two the bible especially the new testament has many more teachings about being humble and treating everyone including your enemy with respect.  Everyone with a similar set of ideas tries in some part to get others to agree with their views/ideas.

The "Special" part to which your speaking of is afforded to everyone not an exclusionary group.
    @MichaelElpers Maybe you see it that way, but you as a single sample of Christianity is inadequate for a through analysis.

If you have ever had a thought like: "this person will burn in hell unless they change their ways" after having a negative interaction with someone? How many times on this site alone can I go and find people who say something indicating they are having a thought similar to this one.

This is a subtle indication of the assumption of being special and unique. It creates and in group and out group dynamic that ultimately can lead to this type of assumption and snowflake behavior.

In addition, the bible itself and especially the new testament is evidence of this claim.

Mathew 10:34 - 38 "Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 or I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. 37 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; 38 and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me."

2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

Mathew 12:30-33 "30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. 31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

And more for being special:

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Luke 12:7 "Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows."

1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."

and who can forget:

Genesis 1:26-27 "Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.”

If you follow the bible, you will inevitably come to the conclusion that humans are somehow special, and Christians are especially so because only they can go to heaven. This would explain a lot of the behavior of the snowflake fundamentalists and extremists for the case of Christianity.

@Happy_Killbot. In many of those versus you have to read in the context of thr whole chapter.  When he speaks about beinging a sword it is not a material sword he intends to kill people with.

Those who judge others and tell them they are going to hell i often rebuke.  My feel is that we are all sinners and God is the only judge.  Also depending on the person id ssy most ofthr time they arent telling others they are going to hell to smite you, in their belief they actually want to keep you from it, but yes many are bad at showing their true intention.  Also some are too forceful.

From the bible yes all humans are considered special/ made in gods image, but again there is nothing about being born that keeps you from being Christian.  Also the catholic church teaches that those who lived life away from an area where christisn teaching could be heard can enter heaven.

The bible aldo does not eliminate the possibility that others not on earth could be made in the image of god.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

You say your a Catholic I was one also , the Catholic has totally changed from when I was a kid where one certainly was told they were following the one true faith and Heaven was promised to the good Catholic but eternal Hell fire to everyone else , anyone who wasn’t a Catholic was indeed discriminated against as the Catholic Church dominated from the top down 
    @Dee. Well then you did not know your Catholic doctrine very well.  Heaven for one is not promised to anyone, but is made available to everyone.  Be

And discriminated against how, yes Catholics believe they are practicing Christianity in the proper way but doctrine never said only Catholics go to heaven and doesnt say being catholic guarantees a spot in heaven.
    @MichaelElpers ; I think you are slipping into apologetics here, so I'm going to abruptly change the topic so as to make an example, because right now I think we are talking past each other.

Lets consider the young college liberal stereotypical snowflake for whom the term was invented.

Let's just say this is a person who hates it when people use the word "retard" used to describe anything, believing it is hurtful and bigoted.

So first off, it isn't hard to recognize this person has good intentions. They seek to minimize suffering caused by the use of hurtful words. However, sometimes this gets a little out of hand. For example if this person is having a conversation about cars and someone says "I will never own a vehicle, driving is retarded" Now they are not insulting anyone in particular, the idea of driving if anything, but if you hate the word you might exclaim "I find that offensive" and get upset. From this person's perspective, either you are a good, right, just, and holy person, or you use the word "retard" and there is no in between.

So what I mean when I say that the religious often behave like snowflakes what I mean is that they come quickly to the defense of their religious beliefs whenever they are even tangentially infringed upon. So the verses I quoted are to show how the same type of mentality exists within the Christian religion. I will accept that being judgmental is a Christian stereotype that probably isn't accurate, but this does nothing for the claim that religious thinking is intrinsically similar to snowflake thinking, which is characterized by an inflated sense of self-worth ( I'm special because god created me and I'm going to heaven ), sensitivity to differing ideas and opinions ( Evolution?!?! nonsense! god created everything), avoiding/shunning/killing people with other ideas/opinions (cultural isolation, warning to shun non-believers, inquisition)and of course attempting to impose your beliefs on others (proselytizing, mission trips, raising kids into your religion).

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

****Well then you did not know your Catholic doctrine very well.  

Ha ,ha a typical Elpers  claim backed by nothing but your bias 

****Heaven for one is not promised to anyone, but is made available to everyone.  

Wrong again Elpers , Jesus promised eternal life to the good thief , ask your local priest for clarification 

****And discriminated against how, 

You really are that ignorant of countries that were dominated by the Catholic Church and the discrimination that took place? 

****yes Catholics believe they are practicing Christianity in the proper way but doctrine never said only Catholics go to heaven 

Certainly did according to the churches teaching historically do you deny this?

****and doesnt say being catholic guarantees a spot in heaven.

Certainly did according to the churches teaching historically do you deny this?

A word of humble repentance was enough to touch Jesus' heart ” and to make him promise eternal life in heaveneven to a poor criminal, ... The “ good thief,”

@Happy_Killbot. Im defending what is defensible, im not disagreeing that some people do it.  Most of the things you put in () isnt true at least for my religion.

(Im special because god created me and im going to heaven). The special is for the entire human species, most atheists even give more credence to human lives than animal lives.  Secondly we dont believe we are guaranteed to make into heaven just because we claim to be Catholic.  You will never hear me say i am going to heaven, im immensely hopeful.

( Evolution nonsense) The doctrine doesnt deny evolution.

(Shun non believers) Thats not the teaching, we are supposed to be welcoming and respectful to all.

Most people raise their kids/ try to teach others their beliefs.  Atheists try to show others that there isnt a god. Confirmation is the sacrament that a more adult child takes on ownership of their own faith, no one is forced to stay.

Being offended by everything is what makes someone a snowflake, often to the point where they cower to a safe space and cant have discussion. Im not offended by what your saying just disagree with some of the premise.

@Dee Am i the good thief...well then he didnt promise me heaven.  Jesus promised him heaven because he showed true belief and repentence. 

The catholic doctrine has never said catholics are guaranteed heaven.  This is actually a pretty big point of discontent between some protestant faiths and Catholics.
    @MichaelElpers Look, I'm not saying that all Christians are snowflakes, just the deeply religious or fundamentalists.

Because those labels don't really apply to you, I'm not trying to lump you in with them.

Even just from online interactions on this site that I have had withing the past week I can tell you for a fact that there are those who would very much disagree with you and your stance on religion.

Hard-core Christians will say that the only way to get into heaven is to be baptized and accept Jesus as your lord and savior, nothing else matters. But there is difference between denominations, because of the ambiguity of the scriptures and personal interpretation.

Many fundamentalists don't accept evolution and do believe that the doctrine and evolution by natural selection are incompatible. I mean, good luck finding an evolution denier among atheists and agnostics, but for Christians the number is much higher. Based solely on visits to the arc encounter in Kentucky, I would estimate that between 1-2% of all Christians are evolution deniers.

There is scripture which instructs hostility toward non believers, and in deeply religious countries it can even get you the death penalty.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

***** Am i the good thief...well then he didnt promise me heaven.  

Your total misunderstanding of a cornerstone in Catholicism proves that you’re actually not a Catholic 

****Jesus promised him heaven because he showed true belief and repentence. 
    Read above 

****The catholic doctrine has never said catholics are guaranteed heaven.

It certainly has read a history book 

***This is actually a pretty big point of discontent between some protestant faiths and Catholics.

How so? 

I note as well you’re avoiding bringing up discrimination again done a bit or research did you?
    @Happy_Killbot. Yes i already agreed with you that some are.  I imagine the one youre thinking of rymes with icky D.

Some of the things you point out is why i like Catholic doctrine.  Its not religion of the day and can trace itself back alway to Jesus and his direct disciples.
    Happy_Killbot
    @Dee. I have no misunderstandings, the catholic church teaches that jesus gave us the ability to enter heaven and we should be hopeful especially if we show true faith.

I dont deny that the Church has not done anything wrong, everything touched by man does.  What i am saying is no one is prevented or excluded from following the doctrine.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

*****  I have no misunderstandings

You actually do but there you go 

, ****the catholic church teaches that jesus gave us the ability to enter heaven and we should be hopeful especially if we show true faith.

Yes , Stalin and Hitler can enter heaven if they repent on their death bed , great isn’t it?

****I dont deny that the Church has not done anything wrong, everything touched by man does.  

Well man following biblical teachings has brought untold suffering and death to his fellow humans by following religion and especially Catholicism , where rulings by Popes down the centuries has led to millions of deaths even in recent times where John Paul’s rulings on contraception led to millions of deaths in Africa

****What i am saying is no one is prevented or excluded from following the doctrine.

Yes , new members are  always welcome like all religions ,what’s that got to do with the topic?
    @Dee. They could only enter heaven if they were truly sorry...highly unlikely and judged by god.  If they had true change of heart i say it is grand.

Also love to hear how views on contraception killed millions of people.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

****. They could only enter heaven if they were truly sorry...highly unlikely and judged by god.  If they had true change of heart i say it is grand.

Of course you think it grand and no doubt think it grand that an Atheist goes to Hell simply because he has no evidence to convince him of God ..... 

The Vatican has quickly clarified that atheists  - they believe - are still going to hell, despite Pope Francis appearing to say non-believers could be saved through Christ if they do good.

Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

In an unprepared speech on Wednesday, the Pope emphasised the importance of “doing good,” for all people.

****Also love to hear how views on contraception killed millions of people.

The most glaring example of this can be seen today in Central Africa, where the Catholic Church continues to preach the sinfulness of condom use. Sub-Saharan Africa is experiencing a devastating HIV and AIDs epidemic, and Catholic prohibitions on contraception are quite literally killing people.

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Dee. No i dont wish anyone to go to hell.

What youre are missing is that the church also teaches not to have sex before marriage which would end the epidemic.  It doesnt tell people to have sex and do it unsafely too.  The church would much rather you use contraception than have an abortion

Not having children outside wedlock is also one of the best things you can do to ensure you reach at least middle class...not bad advice.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Happy_Killbot

What non Happy Killbot, oriented evidence, do you have to support your self stated claims?

"Seems like every time I interact with anyone who is deeply religious, they always exhibit these characteristics exactly. This is not only a problem today, but it seems to be a deep epistemic problem emerging from the false narrative they are spoon feed as a kid. Abrahamic Religions in particular, are taught that the world is special and unique and that they are special and unique, and that only those who believe what they believe will be able to go to heaven. We can see this line of thinking throughout history, starting with the assumption that the earth is at the center of the cosmos, and that we are the only important thing there is."

"So often are they unable to see the world for what it is or accept any kind of subjugation, that they have constructed such a persistent set of lies they accept without evidence, on "faith" that they claim is somehow a virtue. None of it makes any sense of course, but when you are so blinded by delusion that you can't see the lack of evidence, this matters little."

"Sometimes the religious will play the victim, acting like they are somehow an embattled minority despite being in the majority. When they receive any amount of criticism, it is "unfair and biased" against them and their religion. In the most religious countries, you can even be executed just for having the wrong faith."

"They think they have the right to change others to their traditions and beliefs, instead of treating everyone like a free independent person who can find their own way. Religion is know for censorship and thought control, when this privilege is relieved they behave as though they were deprived the right to life itself."

"These are all actions of snowflakes, the original snowflakes."

I disagree with your non religious stereotyping. 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Virtually all individuals believe themselves to be special in some way, even when they claim they do not. It comes with human nature: we only have our own brain and body to use, so obviously we are going to be very protective of them, and with this protection naturally comes the feeling of being special.

Another thing we all tend to do is to see various traits we perceive as negative in others, but not in ourselves. Virtually everyone believes themselves special, and at the same time virtually everyone accuses others of believing themselves special, not recognizing the same trait in themselves.

I believe myself special, and I am proud of it. Why would I not be? I am an amazing human being, intelligent, friendly, successful. Why would I pretend to be some random guy from the streets, when I know I am the hot stuff? The hottest person in anyone's life is - and should rightfully be - themselves. If you do not see yourself hot, if you do not see the group you feel passionate about hot, and if you do not believe your system of beliefs hot, then you are walking the wrong road in life, my friend.

Now, if you seeing yourself as hot makes you see others as ugly, then you have got a problem. But that is a different matter. You are special in your life, and if you do not think you are one, then you ought to make yourself one.
    @TKDB literately every interaction with a certain individual who's name rhymes with "Dickey B"

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Happy_Killbot

https://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=Card Tricks

Not to be mistaken for an atheist who merely uses the internet, an internet atheist is someone who is ubiquitous when it comes to websites or forum threads related to religion. They will often poke fun at religion and religious people, especially Christians and Muslims, but they have a sort of "search and refute" thing going on with Christians, whereas the Muslims usually only fall prey to internet atheists when they happen to come across them. Of course many internet atheists have the habit of searching for Muslims, too."

"They usually lack any sense of humor if jokes are made about them, but they find nothing wrong with being incredibly offensive to the point of being disgusting when making jokes about religious people. They also love to show off their knowledge about any subject they might know something about."

"They will often make snobby attempts to annoy or insult religious people, sometimes calling them names, but will immediately condemn someone who bothers atheists, or liberals if they don't have a legitimate reason. Even if they do have a legitimate reason that justifies their bothering it might not matter. They will also claim they don't discriminate, but they are usually far more polite and accepting if they think you're a fellow atheist."

Jane the Theist - "God sure has given us a fine day. He did a great job creating the birds."

"Internet Atheist - "'God' didn't give as anything; 'God' doesn't exist. And the birds are a product of years of evolution and natural selection."

"Red the Atheist - "Christians are morons. They sicken me."

"Joanne the Christian - "Ya? Well atheists are jerks."

"Red the Atheist - "You're making nonsensical generalizations!" 

What are your thoughts on the above?

Is there an actual difference between an Atheist on the internet, and an internet Atheist? 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

****  No i dont wish anyone to go to hell.

You may not wish it but yet you think it grand that Stalin and Hitler may reside in heaven would you wish for that? 

*****What youre are missing is that the church also teaches not to have sex before marriage which would end the epidemic.  

Yet people have sex before marriage including the majority of Catholics , so the problem continues 

****It doesnt tell people to have sex and do it unsafely too.  

Well that’s exactly what African Catholics are doing 

*****The church would much rather you use contraception than have an abortion

Show me where it says that in Catholic teachings? 

****Not having children outside wedlock is also one of the best things you can do to ensure you reach at least middle class...not bad advice.

Yes we all know how the Catholic treated unwed mothers and those born out of wedlock in times past where the children were shipped of to foreign countries and the mothers demonized and ostracized by society all with the churches approval
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

@Dee

Not to be mistaken for an atheist who merely uses the internet, an internet atheist is someone who is ubiquitous when it comes to websites or forum threads related to religion. They will often poke fun at religion and religious people, especially Christians and Muslims, but they have a sort of "search and refute" thing going on with Christians, whereas the Muslims usually only fall prey to internet atheists when they happen to come across them. Of course many internet atheists have the habit of searching for Muslims, too."

"They usually lack any sense of humor if jokes are made about them, but they find nothing wrong with being incredibly offensive to the point of being disgusting when making jokes about religious people. They also love to show off their knowledge about any subject they might know something about."

"They will often make snobby attempts to annoy or insult religious people, sometimes calling them names, but will immediately condemn someone who bothers atheists, or liberals if they don't have a legitimate reason. Even if they do have a legitimate reason that justifies their bothering it might not matter. They will also claim they don't discriminate, but they are usually far more polite and accepting if they think you're a fellow atheist."

Jane the Theist - "God sure has given us a fine day. He did a great job creating the birds."

"Internet Atheist - "'God' didn't give as anything; 'God' doesn't exist. And the birds are a product of years of evolution and natural selection."

What are your thoughts on the above?

Is there an actual difference between an Atheist on the internet, and an internet Atheist?  

ZeusAres42DeeHappy_Killbot
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2665 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    Definitely a large portion of the religious Americans are snowflakes yes. Richard Dawkins said that even the slightest criticism of religion in the USA is seen as extremely intolerable. I've also witnessed this myself.

We do not have the same here in the UK or much of Europe at all now.
    DeePlaffelvohfen

@Dee. My point is, if they arent listening to the church on not having sex what makes you think the church is influencing them not using condoms.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

*****  My point is, if they arent listening to the church on not having sex what makes you think the church is influencing them not using condoms.

Yes , the Church is telling them not to have sex but know full well they are do you not they have a duty of care to their followers?
    Oh, I am so sorry @TKDB ;

Did I offend your sensitive sensibilities by making an argument against your religion?

Should I have provided a trigger warning?

Do you need to go to your safe space?

You're a real snowflake yourself.
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen

@Dee. Please tell me what they are supposed to do then.  Like i said before they arent saying if you are having sex outside marriage you should do it unsafely by not wearing a condom.

Nothing they are recommending contributes to hiv.  In fact the recommendation would help cure it.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot
    "Oh, I am so sorry @TKDB ;

Did I offend your sensitive sensibilities by making an argument against your religion?

Should I have provided a trigger warning?

Do you need to go to your safe space?

You're a real snowflake yourself."

@Dee

@ZeusAres42

"Definitely a large portion of the religious Americans are snowflakes yes. Richard Dawkins said that even the slightest criticism of religion in the USA is seen as extremely intolerable. I've also witnessed this myself.

We do not have the same here in the UK or much of Europe at all now."

I think the below, speaks to an exhibited emotion.

And the below article, garnered 3 Irrelevant responses from @Happy_Killbot, @Dee, @ZeusAres42.

ZeusAres42Happy_KillbotDeesmoothie
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I’ve just heard management on DI are taking your latest tantrum very seriously and have asked me to issue you yet another Butt Hurt form .....when you stop blubbering wipe your eyes take a deep breath and attempt to fill it in , P S , don’t get tears on the form as the ink from your last 20 ran all over the paper ......

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    @TKDB LOL, seriously though, you should be able to see that this is an obvious trap, because as soon as you respond you are guilty of the very thing that you would be defending yourself against. You bring this on yourself!
    DeePlaffelvohfen

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

I brought what on myself?

Disdain from you?

, this is the internet, and not Real Life.

So you can ridicule, and demean from behind your anonymous name, to entertain yourself and others, to your non Religious heart's content.

The Real Life Atheist protestors, go to actual physical organized protests and show their faces, to get their non Religious points across.

At least those Real Life Atheist protestors have the passion to protest Religion to its face.

But what do you do? 

"@TKDB LOL, seriously though, you should be able to see that this is an obvious trap, because as soon as you respond you are guilty of the very thing that you would be defending yourself against. You bring this on yourself!"

Look what @Dee's response was?

"I’ve just heard management on DI are taking your latest tantrum very seriously and have asked me to issue you yet another Butt Hurt form .....when you stop blubbering wipe your eyes take a deep breath and attempt to fill it in , P S , don’t get tears on the form as the ink from your last 20 ran all over the paper ......"

@Dee

@Happy_Killbot ;

The two of you are as entertaining, as can be, so thank you for you showing the internet how the online non Religious protestors, go about protesting Religion, in the artificial manner that you do?

"Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else." 

@Happy_Killbot you took a word and it's definition, and then added your non Religious zeal to it:

"Seems like every time I interact with anyone who is deeply religious, they always exhibit these characteristics exactly. This is not only a problem today, but it seems to be a deep epistemic problem emerging from the false narrative they are spoon feed as a kid. Abrahamic Religions in particular, are taught that the world is special and unique and that they are special and unique, and that only those who believe what they believe will be able to go to heaven. We can see this line of thinking throughout history, starting with the assumption that the earth is at the center of the cosmos, and that we are the only important thing there is."

"So often are they unable to see the world for what it is or accept any kind of subjugation, that they have constructed such a persistent set of lies they accept without evidence, on "faith" that they claim is somehow a virtue. None of it makes any sense of course, but when you are so blinded by delusion that you can't see the lack of evidence, this matters little."

"Sometimes the religious will play the victim, acting like they are somehow an embattled minority despite being in the majority. When they receive any amount of criticism, it is "unfair and biased" against them and their religion. In the most religious countries, you can even be executed just for having the wrong faith."

"They think they have the right to change others to their traditions and beliefs, instead of treating everyone like a free independent person who can find their own way. Religion is know for censorship and thought control, when this privilege is relieved they behave as though they were deprived the right to life itself."

"These are all actions of snowflakes, the original snowflakes."

All you did, was play keyboard games with a word and it's definition, to reinforce your non religious mindset. 

@TKDB What does your screen name stand for anyways?

Troll Kid Dumb ?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

You're trolling on me @Happy_Killbot.

Because you don't have an argument that can support your non religious counter argument.

"@TKDB What does your screen name stand for anyways?

"Troll Kid Dumb ?"

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42smoothie
    @TKDB My argument is relatively strong, especially compared to your non existent argument.

Do you even Know what my argument is?

Can you put it in your own words?

Or are you ignorant and pathetic like everyone seems to think?

You are like a rabbit caught in a trap, digging it's wounds deeper trying to escape.
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2665 Pts   -   edited January 2020

Do you ever concede that you were wrong or mistaken about anything? Or do you see yourself as some infallible human incapable of making any mistake or being wrong about anything? And you see everything you say as being the Gospel Truth right?

Happy_Killbot

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

you created the forum, based on a borrowed definition, that you in turn added your non Religious spin on it, didn't you?

"According to Urban dictionary:

Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

"Seems like every time I interact with anyone who is deeply religious, they always exhibit these characteristics exactly. This is not only a problem today, but it seems to be a deep epistemic problem emerging from the false narrative they are spoon feed as a kid. Abrahamic Religions in particular, are taught that the world is special and unique and that they are special and unique, and that only those who believe what they believe will be able to go to heaven. We can see this line of thinking throughout history, starting with the assumption that the earth is at the center of the cosmos, and that we are the only important thing there is.

So often are they unable to see the world for what it is or accept any kind of subjugation, that they have constructed such a persistent set of lies they accept without evidence, on "faith" that they claim is somehow a virtue. None of it makes any sense of course, but when you are so blinded by delusion that you can't see the lack of evidence, this matters little.

Sometimes the religious will play the victim, acting like they are somehow an embattled minority despite being in the majority. When they receive any amount of criticism, it is "unfair and biased" against them and their religion. In the most religious countries, you can even be executed just for having the wrong faith.

They think they have the right to change others to their traditions and beliefs, instead of treating everyone like a free independent person who can find their own way. Religion is know for censorship and thought control, when this privilege is relieved they behave as though they were deprived the right to life itself.

These are all actions of snowflakes, the original snowflakes."

@Happy_Killbot so what does your below words towards me, have to do with the theme of the forum?

"The original snowflakes"

"@TKDB My argument is relatively strong, especially compared to your non existent argument.

Do you even Know what my argument is?

Can you put it in your own words?

Or are you ignorant and pathetic like everyone seems to think?

You are like a rabbit caught in a trap, digging it's wounds deeper trying to escape."
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I see, that you're off topic, by making me the focus of your argument?

"Do you ever concede that you were wrong or mistaken about anything? Or do you see yourself as some infallible human incapable of making any mistake or being wrong about anything? And you see everything you say as being the Gospel Truth right?"

"Tip. “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” - Sun Tzu, Art of War."

Does any of your word's towards me, have anything to do with these words?

"The original snowflakes"

Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else." 
    @TKDB is a snowflake. Change my mind.
    ZeusAres42

• @TKDB is a snowflake. Change my mind.
    His last post was predicted. I knew as soon as I asked that he would say I'm off topic rather than just answering a simple question. So prediction confirmed as troll confirmed.

Oh well, back to me feeding the troll his own sh*t again. 

He's obviously not going to change.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers ;

****Please tell me what they are supposed to do then.  

Well for a start , why are those who continuously disobey the churches teachings not excommunicated if they are deliberately flaunting the teachings?

The figures are growing significantly yearly in Africa for those embracing Catholicism and sure , I’ve no problem with the church suggesting abstention but sabotaging an effective intervention which prevents a disease that kills 2 million people a year makes them a serious global public health problem.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

It’s vital to face your pain and resolve it, so you can let go of that snowflake burden you carry and enjoy a healthy life. The only effective way to do that as a snowflake Christian is by taking your pain to God and inviting him to heal you. Good luck with that .........
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Religious Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not.they think so because they believe in a god and get Butt Hurt and cry like babies when challenged , various examples can be found on the internet.....Some Religious Snowflakes are both cry babies and Snowflakes @TKDB  being a typical example